Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Cartoon Man posted:

This is some good poo poo.

agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

I feel like hand sanitizer is going to be a folktale for the children

https://www.nowinstock.net/home/healthhousehold/handsanitizers/

Good luck.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

do you guys ever think about trying to get toilet paper at somewhere other than costco? most grocery stores and big box stores around here stock it every day now. hell, even some restaurants are selling some $1/roll with their delivery orders

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Went to Costco, it was pretty slow (esp for 4pm on a Saturday). The registers all have shields up which was nice to see

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Crusty Nutsack posted:

do you guys ever think about trying to get toilet paper at somewhere other than costco? most grocery stores and big box stores around here stock it every day now. hell, even some restaurants are selling some $1/roll with their delivery orders

:getout:

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Praise be the sherpa life during a chilly New England quarantine. Even if this goof keeps stealing it.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That's a very good pup.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I haven't even tried Costco but once since this pandemic buying started, no TP in the afternoon (shocker I know). The local grocery store that we shop at once a week has not had any for 3 weeks now. Currently have enough that we should make it 3 more weeks before needing any so fingers loving crossed.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Stock is still low at least at several near me in Orange County, CA.
The one closest to me in particular still has no TP and other panic supplies either at all or shortly after the line that starts hours before they open clears. Today was a no stock day on most items.

The thing I am most sad about is no Parmeggiano Reggiano cheese.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The Co I hit up had 5 pallets of TP at opening and a good chunk was put by the time I got to it.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Premier Protein drinks but saw those apple and oats one and really wanted to try it. They have 10g of protein less and 4g of protein fiber more.

I have a case of those in the garage. I keep forgetting to try it.

FilthyImp posted:

The Co I hit up had 5 pallets of TP at opening and a good chunk was put by the time I got to it.
Didnt they have a limit?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Braved Costco to try and get produce. Had no good lettuce heads, all the bagged salad was a week old or over. I did get lucky and grabbed a single stack of Kleenex from the five left on a pallet.

Costco needs to limit this poo poo. They already have limits on one per day for so many items, make it one per loving week. That might slow down some of the hoarding. Or they could update their drat website; Qtips showed as out of stock, but in store they had tons.

It amazes me how many people were wandering up and down every aisle, especially old people. Get in, get your poo poo, and leave. Instead there were groups of people chatting about everything, or idlely picking over the books.

edit: I don't think the cart wiping helps much. There were a few employees wiping down the handles...but from how the carts are organized, you grab the opposite end to pull the cart out of the line.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Mar 29, 2020

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Pennywise the Frown posted:

They were wiping the carts

But after you already grabbed the cart and pushed it inside, right? Thats what was happening here 2 weeks ago. I'm like thanks but unless you spray that poo poo all over my hands and face I'm not sure it's gonna help that much.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Any olive oil experts know some nitty gritty details about Kirkland olive oil?

My girlfriend got all intense about how most olive oil sold in the US is old and rancid (which I don't really doubt), and last time I went to church I was unable to get the Kirkland brand I normally get. She's very suspicious of the Kirkland Extra Virgin Italian Olive Oil (not the organic one) I picked up, mostly because it doesn't have a harvest/press date or whatever. Does anyone know if I can use the information on the bottle (lot number, product number, etc.) to find out its date info?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

if the oil was rancid, could you not tell so by tasting it?

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Martman posted:

My girlfriend got all intense about how most olive oil sold in the US is old and rancid (which I don't really doubt), and last time I went to church I was unable to get the Kirkland brand I normally get. She's very suspicious of the Kirkland Extra Virgin Italian Olive Oil (not the organic one) I picked up, mostly because it doesn't have a harvest/press date or whatever. Does anyone know if I can use the information on the bottle (lot number, product number, etc.) to find out its date info?

You might not be able to get the information you want easily, but I'm sure Costco can answer your questions. Most likely you'd have to call or email their corporate office. Honestly though, if it's something that can wait a few days, it would probably be easier to just call your local Costco and see if the one you usually get is coming back in anytime soon. If it is then just go buy it when they have it and return the other one.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Is this a Tomatoes from the United States are all bad situation

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Everything I know about olive oils are this:

It must be in green glass bottles and unfiltered.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Costco gods were smiling upon me today. Got in line about a half hour after they opened, got in after 15 minutes in line and by then they were out of Charmin and only had Scott 1000 rolls. I passed. Got everything else and as we're headed to the checkout, a Costco employee is holding a case of Charmin and asking people if they wanted it. We happily accepted. Turns out a sinner tried to buy two packs and got turned away at the register. They are enforcing limits on a lot of items which helps.

Most everything else was in stock- no clorox wipes, no hand sanitizer but bleach and paper towels were in healthy supply. All the carts are cleaned before and after use, sample ladies are out in full force cleaning everything. Our store had the sneeze guards up, the receipt machine was moved to the end and we were instructed to pull it off ourselves. Another thing is that they seem to be piping in upbeat, faster music to subtly encourage everyone to get in and out quickly. Church goers were really respectful of staying out of each other's way and it was a downright pleasant experience. I hope that they take some of these lessons and use them in the future because they are probably doing the most out of any retailer staying open that I've seen.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Martman posted:

She watched "Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat" didn't she. My advice would be to just switch over to avocado oil. It's better and doesn't have to "come from italy"

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

i am harry posted:

She watched "Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat" didn't she. My advice would be to just switch over to avocado oil. It's better and doesn't have to "come from italy"

Well I don't know what that show is but this came up as a result so...
https://www.thekitchn.com/costco-olive-oil-samin-nosrat-266401

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

It's a cooking show and the lady says almost word-for-word what you said about it being rancid. Olive oil should be fresh and spicy. None of the real stuff exists here because it's bad by the time it arrives.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

i am harry posted:

It's a cooking show and the lady says almost word-for-word what you said about it being rancid. Olive oil should be fresh and spicy. None of the real stuff exists here because it's bad by the time it arrives.

heh, a chance to plug my favorite spoof of a cooking show, Posh Nosh, where the hosts are better than you, and not just at cooking.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Any recommendations for using up the Kirkland Basil Pesto? I don't really like using it with pasta, but I added a spoonful to some scrambled eggs and it came out really well, didn't need to season the eggs at all after that. I'm not planning to eat eggs every morning for weeks though.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

pentyne posted:

Any recommendations for using up the Kirkland Basil Pesto? I don't really like using it with pasta, but I added a spoonful to some scrambled eggs and it came out really well, didn't need to season the eggs at all after that. I'm not planning to eat eggs every morning for weeks though.

use it on paninis

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Yeah I make meatball subs and put that down before the marinara and cheese.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

pesto on potatoes
pesto on flatbreads

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Well I don't know what that show is but this came up as a result so...
https://www.thekitchn.com/costco-olive-oil-samin-nosrat-266401

hell yeah, they got the good oil

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Cartoon Man posted:

This is some good poo poo.

We love it. It’s great for making lazy fondue with.

Unwrap the cheese, put it back in the box thing it come in and put that in an oven safe container in case it leaks. Put it in an oven at 325 for like twenty minutes or so. Cut the top of the cheese open and put it back in for another ten or fifteen. You want it to be melted but not bubbling if you can help if. Cut up a baguette or any other stiff bread or apples and dip.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Make flatbread pizzas with pesto sauce. Load it up with garlic and tomatoes

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

pentyne posted:

I like it with gnocchi, which is technically a pasta, but not what most people think of as pasta.

Otherwise on sandwiches it works well.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Breakfast sandwiches, too.

Ham, egg, cheese and pesto.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

i am harry posted:

Haha oddly she is actually allergic to avocado. But yes, she read and watched that I think, and got really into the subject for a little while. I know the Kirkland stuff is supposed to be pretty good, and I think it actually comes from Italy! But I was just hoping there would be a way to find more info about the dates; we'll definitely taste it too but the date would be a good way for me to convince her to just get that stuff because it's good enough.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Martman posted:

Haha oddly she is actually allergic to avocado. But yes, she read and watched that I think, and got really into the subject for a little while. I know the Kirkland stuff is supposed to be pretty good, and I think it actually comes from Italy! But I was just hoping there would be a way to find more info about the dates; we'll definitely taste it too but the date would be a good way for me to convince her to just get that stuff because it's good enough.

It's calories and we're watching the US collapse in slowmo?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I've been to Greece and had olive oil that was made there. And while it was definitely good, I wouldn't say that the difference between what they had and what we get here is worth going nuts about. I guess maybe if you're eating a lot of olive oil where its the main flavor involved like salads or with bread... maybe...

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Guys you gotta help me. My two wives are driving me insane. I got the one one ply toilet paper and rerolled it into two thinking I had provided. These crazy hens fought over it and tore it apart like a wishbone and now neither will speak to me

Should I wipe my rear end with stacks of gold leaf from Amazon?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

For real though are people seeing alleve af the co? My tooth is hurting something fierce

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Use the cardboard from the amazon boxes, duh.

Also, i've read that there's been possible COVID exposure to CostCo workers but the company is downplaying poo poo. Hope everyone is healthy man.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Ultimate Mango posted:

Stock is still low at least at several near me in Orange County, CA.
The one closest to me in particular still has no TP and other panic supplies either at all or shortly after the line that starts hours before they open clears. Today was a no stock day on most items.

The thing I am most sad about is no Parmeggiano Reggiano cheese.

sorry bro, I bought the last one a week ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Martman posted:

I can't confirm the rancid part, but I know that you want something that says "cold extraction within x hours of harvest" or "first cold press", as each pressing goes down in quality. There's a brand I get a lot that comes in a sort of octagon shaped bottle.

The main thing to watch out for is like store brand olive oil from walmart or other grocers. In the USA, they can water down real olive oil to 51%, fill it with some other cheaper oil, but still market it as "Olive Oil"