Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Welcome to Cookfia 3: Pantry Raid

A mafia game where you get to eat the dead, and people watching. This game is CYOF, choose your own flavor. You pick a recipe, this will inform your role and your flavor. There may be some minor roles given to start, but mostly everyone starts as vanilla.

The big mechanic in the game is the Spice Rack. The Spice Rack is store you can spend recipe points in to purchase spices. Each spice is a one shot role. What each spice is hidden knowledge.

Each player will be given a piece of information about the power attached to a spice in their Role PM in addition to their alignment and their role, if any. This information can be made public or hidden as they see fit.
The way to get recipe points is to cook. Every player who flips, will have their recipe flipped as well. Spectators can submit recipes which will be posted in the thread at intervals as well.

Any player, living or dead or spectators, can cook the dish and get points based on the recipe. Additional points may be awarded for creativity or flair, or if something goes horribly wrong or right. Photographic evidence to show you made the dish is required, step by step pictures are appreciated.

Only living Players can purchase spices, but dead players and spectators can gift points they earn from cooking to the players of their choice. Point gifting is an anonymous out of thread action. Living players can gift points too if they want.
To spend points, send me a message in my discord channel with the spice you wish to purchase. Any spice purchased is activated in the following phase, so get those spice orders in before deadline or hammer, whichever comes first. A spice purchased during the night phase will activate the following day phase.

Other Stuff:
  • Town wins when all threats to the town are eliminated
  • Scum win when they control the lynch.
  • Third Party win according to their victory conditions
  • Dead posts and spectator posts are allowed, but only to post things they cooked.
  • Nights will remain open, but only for recipe and cooking chatter, please leave your mafiaing to the day phase.
  • Days will be 48 hours long, except for the first which will be 72 hours.
  • Weekends count as 1 day for deadlines.
  • Discord is required, it is my first time setting up a game using discord so cut me some slack.

Otherwise normal mafia rules apply, and if in doubt, you can always ask, but as a general rule, don’t be a dick.

Links to prior escapades:
Cookfia
Cookfia 2
Drinkfia

Join the Discord to play or spectate

1. Amnistar (He/Him)
  2. CapitalistPig (He/Him)
  3. Dick Bastardly
  4. Ernie.
  5. Hal Incandenza (he/him/hal)
  6. Leith Maclaine
  7. merk
  8. Mikujin
  9. Mr. Steak (he/him)
  10. SalTheBard (He and / or Them)
  11. Token Female
  12. xopods (he, him, his)
  13. yuming

Grandicap fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Spice Rack

code:
Spice		Price		Quantity Available
Vanilla		100		0
Cayenne		100		1
Saffron		75		2
Turmeric	75		2
Cinnamon	75		1
Anise		50		3
Garlic		50		2
Cilantro	50		1
Lavender	50		3
Salt		50		3
Za'tar		45		2
Fenugreek	35		3
Cumin		35		2
Allspice	35		4
Pepper		35		3
Ginger		35		2
Bay Leaves	25		5
Marjoram	25		3
Oregano		25		2
Cardamom	25		1
Mace		25		6
Paprika		20		10
Unlabeled	20		9

Grandicap fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Apr 9, 2020

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

This post will always have a link to all available recipes.
Recipes

Grandicap fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 12, 2020

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I really want to spectate this

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Jen X posted:

I really want to spectate this
Absolutely. Feel free to submit a recipe, and there are mechanics if you cook stuff too. But don't feel obligated, just watching is cool too.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Yeah okay, I'm in.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh drat! a game with a shop mechanic that's not horribly executed like my stillborn game.

im in

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Spectating!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
let us kung fu fight

edit: nvm but I'll observe

Gamerofthegame fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 28, 2020

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yes please

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

In like flynn

Edit: out like sauerkraut

Didn't realize I'd have to make food lol

Eat The Rich fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Mar 28, 2020

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Sure why not?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Yeah, I'm in

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ernie. posted:

Yeah, I'm in

:monocle: Ernie!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Eat The Rich posted:

In like flynn

Only have to make food if you want a power role.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I find it hilarious that having to feed yourself was just too much

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also I still make Steak Grandicap all the time ever since cookfia 1

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

Its really the best way to make it. Even if it does set off all of the smoke detectors.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Eat The Rich posted:

In like flynn

If you don't cook, you don't get to buy spices, which are the 1-shot power roles. But you can still be vanilla, just not purchase vanilla.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
In!

Hal Incandenza posted:

How?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

Oh, here is my steak recipe.

Get a steak. Salt it and leave in fridge for ~1 hour. Pat dry. Coat with a little oil with a high smoke point

Preheat oven to 500 degrees F and put your cast iron pan in it.
Put the steak in the pan. DO NOT TOUCH THE STEAK. Leave it for 30 seconds.
Flip it over, leave it for another 30 seconds then transfer the pan to the oven.
Flip the steak using tongs after 1.5 minutes and then let cook for another 1.5 minutes.

This is for a rare steak, up the time by 30 seconds pre and post flip for medium rare, and to 3 minutes for medium. If you want it well done, use the microwave.

Serve with a side, there is very little that does not go with a steak.

Simple yet delicious, always nice and juicy and flavorful, I usually use some sort of spice rub in addition to salt and pepper

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hal Incandenza posted:

you make me what?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mr. Steak posted:

you make me what?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Simple yet delicious, always nice and juicy and flavorful.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
I would like in please.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Confirming my spot and will decide what recipe to submit in the morning.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Simple yet delicious, always nice and juicy and flavorful, I usually use some sort of spice rub in addition to salt and pepper

This looks great but I'm slightly confused about the directions, you're supposed to transfer the pan to the oven, but it was already in the oven?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

This looks great but I'm slightly confused about the directions, you're supposed to transfer the pan to the oven, but it was already in the oven?

You preheat the pan in the oven, but put it on a burner for the first two intervals, then place in the oven for the second 2.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

This ambiguity is how we separate the real chefs from the pretenders!

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Reciepes are submitted to you on discord correct? And then you post on flip?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

https://youtu.be/AdB-UDmw1WI

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Leith Maclaine posted:

Reciepes are submitted to you on discord correct? And then you post on flip?

Correct

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
I'm very excited for this. Can't wait.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Just need 2 more to start, please don't forget to join the discord.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Oh snap, thanks for saving my spot. Chiming in to claim my reservation.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I wanna play!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
This may or may not be a sign-up post based on the answer to the following: am I required to cook irl as a mechanic in this game? If the answer is yes then I'm out.

Ninja E: oops, I think the game is full. Happy cooking ya foodies!

E2: oh, it's in the OP. Maybe I should read those more.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dick Bastardly posted:

This may or may not be a sign-up post based on the answer to the following: am I required to cook irl as a mechanic in this game? If the answer is yes then I'm out.

Ninja E: oops, I think the game is full. Happy cooking ya foodies!

E2: oh, it's in the OP. Maybe I should read those more.

i didnt realize irl cooking would be a mechanic in the game before i signed up either lol.

but after reading the OP i was like, well... the worst that could happen is i play mafia as vt. not the worst fate ever lol

edit: i would gladly cook for the game, if my ability to purchase ingredients werent severely limited by quarantine. @grandicap, if you think it'll unbalance the game to have me essentially not even try for any of the powers or spices, then you can replace me

Mr. Steak fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Apr 1, 2020

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m not playing and plan to cook whatever I can so I’ll be happy to be a spectator ally to someone who wants to play but not cook

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Cooking is entirely optional, it's just how you get points to purchase powers, so worst case scenario you are just vanilla. Also, like sandwolf says, spectators can donate points they earn from cooking to whomever they choose, so even if you don't cook, you could still get points.

Also, specifically due to shortages and quarantine stuff, you do not need to cook a recipe exactly to get points, be creative with what you have. Substitutions are encouraged. Creativity might get you extra points too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Both Steak and DB are in. That's 13. I'll be opening the game up today or tomorrow, I need to cook up my recipe first then we will be good to go.