Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

precision posted:

It would be funny if it was angry Gamestop employees doing it

my GameStop store manager friend said they haven't gotten their shipment of the game yet, so he was impressed if it really had broken street date

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Legin Noslen posted:

I always thought it was weird that the only time you ever encounter other members of SOLDIER in FFVII were in semi-rare battles in the Shinra HQ and while storming the Sister Ray.

I guess my concern is with how wacky hes riding that motorcycle. Way over the top wacky motorcycle riding. Like ADD Star Wars lightsaber flourishing for no reason levels of wacky.

Like, Advent Children levels of wacky motorcycle riding.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

FF7R has broken street date. Head's up for spoilers. Protect ya neck.

Also the OST is seven discs, largely in part because every zone has its own version of the battle theme and every boss has its own version of the boss theme.

The OST in the deluxe?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

FF7R has broken street date. Head's up for spoilers. Protect ya neck.

Also the OST is seven discs, largely in part because every zone has its own version of the battle theme and every boss has its own version of the boss theme.

sick

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Haven't seen anything about it being in the wild other than that post.

Probably came from people mixing up the announcement that they are shipping early from the SE store to ensure as many people as possible have it by the 10th.

Unfortunately, that's a holiday in Germany, and the PlayStation Network is throttling download speeds in the EU, so I'm most likely screwed either way.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Played around with the demo again today and I'm still very excited for this. Just a year ago I thought it probably wouldn't ever come out and now here we are and it seems like it's actually going to be good.

The last straw that got me to full submit to "this is going to be good" was seeing that the Enemy Skill materia is in

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I liked X-2's normal ending more than the good one. Yuna accepting that her boyfriend is dead and moving on feels more in line with the game's themes of accepting that the past is in the past and life still goes on.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

amigolupus posted:

I liked X-2's normal ending more than the good one. Yuna accepting that her boyfriend is dead and moving on feels more in line with the game's themes of accepting that the past is in the past and life still goes on.

Agreed! Though the happy ending works as a cute lil thing for getting 100%.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The best part of the pre-novel Final Fantasy X universe is that whatever ending you wanted was canon. It could be the ending where Wakka never names his kid but Tidus still comes back. Or it could be the ending where you get Episode Complete everywhere and turn down the offer to get Tidus back.

Last Mission even acknowledges whatever outcome you got with a lot of dialogue changes at certain parts.

But now Tidus is canonically back from the dead, except then he kicked a blitzball and died, and came back to life AGAIN only with the caveat that he'll disappear AGAIN if he finds out he died and came back a second time. :argh:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeaaahhh I just pretend it ended with X-2.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Since we're getting to release sooner than anticipated, does anyone know a streamer or youtube channel that will be doing a lets play?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Sneak Lemming posted:

Since we're getting to release sooner than anticipated, does anyone know a streamer or youtube channel that will be doing a lets play?

Well, forum SA goon Chip Cheezum has already done an in-depth informational playthrough of the demo, so I wouldn't be surprised if he did the full game at some point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00Ix_429YbM

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If there are leaked copies of FFVII out there in the wild I'd probably advise against looking up any FF-related youtubes for the next couple weeks as your recommended feed will fill up with spoilerific FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE TIFA MAKES OUT WITH AERITH'S GHOST titles.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

:frogon:

Also enemy skills materia is so overpowering in the original, its how I used to cheese the arena.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Agents are GO! posted:

:frogon:

Also enemy skills materia is so overpowering in the original, its how I used to cheese the arena.

Ultimate Weapon + Ribbon + Big Guard + Beta or Aqualung = Really hard to gently caress up

Quadra Magic+Ultima if you really want overkill, ha

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The thing is with the enemy skills materia, as long as you dont let yellow materia break, you're golden.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

The thing is with the enemy skills materia, as long as you dont let yellow materia break, you're golden.

The craziest part is how Enemy Skill just destroys all Battle Arena enemies. Bad Breath works on Tonberries! White Wind instantly kills Ghost Ship!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Yeah but none of us knew all that the first time through

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
*gets to Ghost Ship battle*

*ghost ship kicks me out of battle, ending the fight with me getting nothing*

*throws controller across room*

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

zakharov posted:

*gets to Ghost Ship battle with Yuffie+Conformer*

*Morphs Ghost Ship with one hit*

*is smug*

*doesn't get a guidebook*

*is sad*

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

zakharov posted:

I was watching a stream where this happened yesterday.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Vincent's Limit ignores Eject and Rejection.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If only he had got it before being dumped.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, but I hate Berserkers. Aside from the X-2 version where they actually can do things aside from casting Berserk on themselves.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

amigolupus posted:

Completely agreed. I generally find characters coming back to life after big, dramatic deaths to be really narratively underwhelming unless it's a series where it just happens constantly like Dragon Ball, at which point it just becomes another thing that happens. In something like FFX-2 it just kinda cheapened the ending of the original game, so I was happy to leave it with the normal, Tidus stays gone ending.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I used to like the FFX EU because the only thing I knew about it was that Tidus was having trouble during his renewed Blitzball career due to the Fayth no longer dreaming him into an ubermensch and he was just becoming a regular guy as a result.

Turns out it's actually because he died from kicking a Blitzball Bomb that he found on Parallel Besaid and was weakening because Yuna's asspull resurrection power doesn't work so good unless she hung around, so she was knowingly killing him a second time with what was effectively spiritual negligence cancer unless he gave up on Blitzball and hung around her some more.

So that's cool.

Kith fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 28, 2020

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It was all a set-up to put Tidus at minimum level for FFX-3: It's One Again.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Harrow posted:

Completely agreed. I generally find characters coming back to life after big, dramatic deaths to be really narratively underwhelming unless it's a series where it just happens constantly like Dragon Ball, at which point it just becomes another thing that happens. In something like FFX-2 it just kinda cheapened the ending of the original game, so I was happy to leave it with the normal, Tidus stays gone ending.

While I like that ending, I will play devil's advocate and point out that the Farplane is all hosed up after Yuna Sent everything at the end of X. Yunalesca, Seymour, Jecht, Sin, Yu Yevon, the Aeons, etc. X-2 even points out that the Farplane is in a really weird and volatile state at present, and the fiends are able to suck up Pyreflies and become stronger suddenly. It seems like, since the Aeons are still around due to the afterlife being congested, they just recreate Tidus since they made him in the first place.

Kith posted:

I used to like the FFX EU because the only thing I knew about it was that Tidus having trouble during his renewed Blitzball career due to the Fayth no longer dreaming him into an ubermensch and he was just becoming a regular guy as a result.

Turns out it's actually because he died from kicking a Blitzball Bomb that he found on Parallel Besaid and was weakening because Yuna's asspull resurrection power doesn't work so good unless she hung around, so she was knowingly killing him a second time with what was effectively spiritual negligence cancer unless he gave up on Blitzball and hung around her some more.

So that's cool.

Sequelitis.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I blame all of you for this showing up at the top of my recommended feed.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
PART 1

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

i'm trying to get hype for this, but the fact that SE won't commit to how many episodes the game will actually be, combined with the fact that the first episode is a 100GB install is making me hesitant on picking this up until years decades a century from now when all of the parts are out. i've only got the basic bitch 500GB ps4 so the idea that i might not be able to even install all of the episodes at once is a little concerning

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Freaking Crumbum posted:

i'm trying to get hype for this, but the fact that SE won't commit to how many episodes the game will actually be, combined with the fact that the first episode is a 100GB install is making me hesitant on picking this up until years decades a century from now when all of the parts are out. i've only got the basic bitch 500GB ps4 so the idea that i might not be able to even install all of the episodes at once is a little concerning

Please... only Part 1 will be on the PS4. The rest will be on PS5.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

even odds theres one on the ps6

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Even if they all were on PS4 why would you need to be able to install every episode at the same time?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My guess is they're going to treat each episode as a separate game without saves/progress carrying over, because it looks like you'll be able to get to a pretty high level and get -ga level spells in part 1. There's gotta be somewhere to go from there so I'm betting they'll have to reset progress with each episode like it's Xenosaga or something.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
"Shinra released Materia 2.0 last week, so our entire stockpile is obsolete. May as well throw them out."

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
They'll do the Etrian Odyssey method. Having a first part clear save game gets you a special badge in part 2. The badge does nothing.

Having a first part COMPLETE clear save game (all sidequests complete, all optional superbosses downed, fully maxed materia, the maximum amount of unique items, etc.) gets you a special crown in part 2. The crown also does nothing.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Dude I really want that crown tho

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

my dumbass middle school self did all that in the original ffvii for absolutely no reward whatsoever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thank god there are trophies now, which totally do something (number go up)