Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
remember when the main feature goal for cell phones was making them smaller and this thing took the cake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
remember when the iphone first came out the primary objection was that it was huge?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Silver Alicorn posted:

remember when the main feature goal for cell phones was making them smaller and this thing took the cake

That whole thing was dumb because what people really wanted was thin phones. The first cell phones were so drat thick. a modern iPhone is like as thick as just the battery on a Nokia candybar phone.

In Summation:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Silver Alicorn posted:

lol that's amateur hour

nokia 7280 gang

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!
Apple finally giving up and making their products thicker to work better after the utter failure of butterfly keyboards

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

klosterdev posted:

Apple finally giving up and making their products thicker to work better after the utter failure of butterfly keyboards

web developers being duped into thinking that macs aren’t trash for anything beyond basic web browsing

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

that period from 2005-2009 or so when every monitor and television was full glossy because it made colors look better under the harsh lighting of your local Best Buy

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
the cringy as gently caress robin hood themed 5 minute SGI commercial for the SGI Indy where the CEO saves everyone from micro$oft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M414vF0G9Rw

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!

Progressive JPEG posted:

that period from 2005-2009 or so when every monitor and television was full glossy because it made colors look better under the harsh lighting of your local Best Buy

Used to work at a used computer store, the two discontinued Apple products everybody wanted to get their hands on were the matte cinema displays and 17" Macbook Pros.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
I’m so glad they’re making matte screens again, even if it spoils the turn on your monitor joke

longview
Dec 25, 2006

heh.

Progressive JPEG posted:

15" ~*HD*~ 1366x768 TN displays being the only option available on any sub $2000 laptop

also 17" laptops with 768p screens

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

people trying and failing to make that kibibyte/mebibyte/gibibyte poo poo catch on

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i miss matte 15" macbook pro so dearly

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

god damnit that was a perfect display. why timb

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sweevo posted:

people trying and failing to make that kibibyte/mebibyte/gibibyte poo poo catch on

*edits wimipedia* kibibyby

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Soricidus posted:

I’m so glad they’re making matte screens again, even if it spoils the turn on your monitor joke

what really? this is great news. Now if apple just brings back the powerbook keyboard I can die happy.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Sweevo posted:

i fuckin hate this poo poo so much

if you've ever said 'mebibyte' out loud unironically i hate you

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

mebi you should get the gently caress out of here, poindexter

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

rotor effortlessly claims the quad

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Le megaoctet

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Byte in Finnish is syllable ("tavu") I'm sure all you hecks wanted to know that.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

rotor posted:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

rotor posted:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

and also hot dad aka me

alexa play on spotify 24 hours of a hot displeased moo cow mooing

im sorry there is no such thing

:(

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sweevo posted:

gently caress imagine squabbling about bytes lol

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
nybbles

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

http://www.zachtronics.com/wmp-skins/

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
borland kylix

and all the other crazy poo poo from around the turn of the millennium when everyone unironically thought the year of linux on the desktop was nigh

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Remember when all the emoji on android phones were terrible green gumdrop people?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

was it samsung that tried the whole clapback green bubble pride thing that predictably flopped?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

lol yes it was

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

PIZZA.BAT posted:

lol yes it was

I didn't realize that was what this gif was supposed to be about.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

PIZZA.BAT posted:

was it samsung that tried the whole clapback green bubble pride thing that predictably flopped?

I don't know what "clapback green bubble pride" means but if it's associated with the gifs in your next post then I hate it

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Vomik posted:

I don't know what "clapback green bubble pride" means but if it's associated with the gifs in your next post then I hate it

android send texts with sms instead of imessage, so their messages show up with green backgrounds instead of blue on ios. green background means the person sending you the text makes poor life decisions.

kind of like yospos. amber screenshots means the op is dumb

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Vomik posted:

yes

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

this one is at least pretty useful in general

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

akadajet posted:

android send texts with sms instead of imessage, so their messages show up with green backgrounds instead of blue on ios. green background means the person sending you the text makes poor life decisions.

kind of like yospos. amber screenshots means the op is dumb

sometimes blue ppl go green for a few moments and you can’t sent them pictures and makes me want to throw my phone in the toilet

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

do it, coward

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
unfortunately my profound cowardice prevents it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

echinopsis posted:

sometimes blue ppl go green for a few moments and you can’t sent them pictures and makes me want to throw my phone in the toilet

look man ive been there. I made a thread about dropping my phone in the toilet and it got gassed. lucky I didn't get banned for my low quality posting. trust me toilet phone life is not great.