Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cavauro posted:

i thought with teeth was disappointing in 2005 but now i think it's very good

I liked Add Violence a bunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

The classic PPV thread is up, go check it out (or don't, I'm not your boss): https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3918461

I had completely forgotten how lovely Jerry Lawler's commentary on women's matches was. :cripes:

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
The power was out in my area for a few hours, and combine that with mostly staying at home for the last week I was about one night away from adding spikes and chains to my car Mad Max style.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
shard do good work

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Shard and anyone else helping people right now, you are good people. Thank you for helping.

I did an AA meeting on zoom tonight and it was good, though they called on me while I was doing some push ups and I’m pretty sure it looked like I was jacking off. Sober goons, do some AA zoomin’ if you haven’t already.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
So last week when I did a wellness check on my parents and dropped off groceries, I helped my Mom set up a Spotify Premium account. Since she and my Dad are keeping distance due to her being immunocompromised thanks to her RA infusion treatments, the music helps her pass the time while knitting.

I went to visit today and she told me how she managed to find a robust gospel music playlist. She was so proud that she figured it out by herself. She opened it up and picked a song at random...

https://youtu.be/FxtnTV2NOmU

It was a song from loving Far Cry 5.

And there were several more songs mixed in as well.

I was in tears from laughing by the time I hit the end of their driveway.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

has she really never heard "god's gonna cut you down." it's such a direct parody/ripoff

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Captain Magic posted:

Shard and anyone else helping people right now, you are good people. Thank you for helping.

I did an AA meeting on zoom tonight and it was good, though they called on me while I was doing some push ups and I’m pretty sure it looked like I was jacking off. Sober goons, do some AA zoomin’ if you haven’t already.

i lost access to my sober meeting because of the shut down so I may need to try this ASAP.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Cavauro posted:

has she really never heard "god's gonna cut you down." it's such a direct parody/ripoff

My Mom’s at the age where even if she has heard the song, she still hasn’t.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

been listening to that far cry song on repeat for a while now

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Cavauro posted:

been listening to that far cry song on repeat for a while now

Legit, the soundtrack is the best part of that incredibly flawed (but enjoyable to me) game.

CLUTCH! NIXON! RIDING THROUGH THE STORM!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

CobiWann posted:

Legit, the soundtrack is the best part of that incredibly flawed (but enjoyable to me) game.

I really loved all the half life 2 puzzle type sections once i completed all those I lost interest, I thought they did that bery well though.

Also anyone played the new Control DLC? about to jump in, loved the game and i’d recommend to any creepy pasta/ max payne/ force unleashed fan

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I need the plague to go away because I've been craving a good Sioux City Sarsaparilla for weeks but Big Lots is closed.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Oh man sioux city is the good poo poo for real dude, pour me a sip of o e next time

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Doc M posted:

The classic PPV thread is up, go check it out (or don't, I'm not your boss): https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3918461

I had completely forgotten how lovely Jerry Lawler's commentary on women's matches was. :cripes:

I never want to see a puppy again

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

CobiWann posted:

The Hammock reinterpretations of all the gospel songs are incredibly moving, and it's actually one of my favorite "albums" of theirs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RjcSAaUzbI

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I almost picked up Far Cry 5 when the gamestop was still open. Ended up with Dead Rising 4 instead, which I'm idly 100% because shooting and blasting zombies is relaxing as poo poo. This is like some Earth Defense Force level brain massaging. Almost up there with that 100 Years War musou I forget the name of but that was more like boy scout hiking trips with less stabbing.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I just finished Link's Awakening and now I'm sad.

Maybe try to knock off a few smaller games before I'm theoretically back to work on Thursday.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the new cities skylines dlc finally brought in above-ground metro :circlefap:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
My wife interrupted my game of Doom Eternal to ask me to watch the livestream test of this Sunday's church service.

This is a kind of cognitive dissonance that I can't quite explain.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Having a bit of buyer's remorse on Animal Crossing. It's very good at being Animal Crossing but I'm not as engaged in the core gameplay loop as I thought I would be. Should have bought some combination of Horizon's Edge/State of Decay 2/Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen/Wildermyth/Heroes of a Broken Land 2/I have low stats but my class is "leader" so I recruited everybody I know to fight the Dark Lord. But I wanted something for my Switch which none of those are on.

Yes that last one is actually the name of a game.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 28, 2020

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The time has come... to jump back into fuckin JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure. It’s been nearly half a year.

Diamond Is Unbreakable :hellyeah: :woop:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
it’s animal crossing you’re not supposed to play it 8 hours a day

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

CobiWann posted:

My wife interrupted my game of Doom Eternal to ask me to watch the livestream test of this Sunday's church service.

This is a kind of cognitive dissonance that I can't quite explain.

I first read your post that your wife wanted you to livestream the church service and was going to reply "Well, you know what you have to do now".

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Eat My Fuc posted:

i lost access to my sober meeting because of the shut down so I may need to try this ASAP.

I recommend it! I used Facebook searches of “*city name* virtual recovery meetings” and found a whole big loving pdf.

Does garlic make you fart? I made some awesome garlic knots but every morning after I eat some I am loving crop dusting the bed; it’s guh-ross.

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Mar 28, 2020

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm getting really fed up reading comments online about victims of the virus. A staff member of my states governor just died. She was 33. The first comment on Facebook was "stop lying she was immumocompromised stop trying to scare people. "

As if they didn't matter. I hate people like that. Some real Nazi language

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I have decided that this quarantine is the perfect time to consume all of one piece

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

two nights in a row the city done lost its fuckin mind. Hell yeah I'm gonna watch some anime and not pay attention to the police scanner feed. Watching Psybuster and its crazy how much of this was lifted for Super Robot Taisen Original Generations. As soon as I finish A Portable, I'm gonna play that one next. SRT games are crazy long tho. It takes about an hour for me to play through a level. I might be slow tho.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Junpei Hyde posted:

I have decided that this quarantine is the perfect time to consume all of one piece

For the cartoon I am right at the end of the Whole Cake Island arc and about to start up the Wano Country arc and I have come to the horrifying conclusion I'm about to actually be caught up and have to wait for a new episode like some kind of jerk soon enough. I've been caught up on the comic itself for a long time and am actually back through to Punk Hazard on a re-read, it's an amazing series and there is SOOOOO much of it but it's not enough!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Junpei Hyde posted:

hell yea. i just finished reading skypeia last night. my least favorite of the sagas and it still whips the llamas rear end

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

yea ok posted:

hell yea. i just finished reading skypeia last night. my least favorite of the sagas and it still whips the llamas rear end

The look on Enel's face when he realizes his powers don't work on Luffy is a high I wish I could experience again for the first time :hellyeah:

I'm not a huge fan of Punk Hazard but I do love Trafalgar Law's growing realization of just how dumb the people he's teamed up with to try and take down two of the most powerful people in the world are :allears:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Mar 29, 2020

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Perona getting negatived into a loss was probably my favorite part of what I read. I stopped at the arc after the Fishman country because they introduced 20 characters in two pages. I realized none would exist past the arc just like all the times 20 characters were introduced, and stopped.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Like every single character comes back. The little treasure box man came back just for a pun.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, the series really enjoys callbacks to prior characters/locations, and it is pretty effective at reminding the reader/viewer both that they existed as well as create the impression of a living, breathing world where sections of it don't just stop because the Straw Hats aren't currently in it.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

my fave little stupid callback is a fishman existing that looks just like luffy's lovely drawing of a fish man

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Haha I don't think I ever noticed that before:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

There's too much One Piece. I don't have that kind of time, that kind of patience. Love me an anime with like <12 episodes

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

WatermelonGun posted:

it’s animal crossing you’re not supposed to play it 8 hours a day

wait what

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

For the cartoon I am right at the end of the Whole Cake Island arc and about to start up the Wano Country arc and I have come to the horrifying conclusion I'm about to actually be caught up and have to wait for a new episode like some kind of jerk soon enough. I've been caught up on the comic itself for a long time and am actually back through to Punk Hazard on a re-read, it's an amazing series and there is SOOOOO much of it but it's not enough!

Even if you get caught up with the anime (which happened to me after I binge-watched the entire Water 7/Enies Lobby arc over one Easter weekend), there's still some 30 or so OVAs, movies, specials, etc, there's really no end to it. Just watched the 14th movie, Stampede, recently, and boy did that movie bring back a lot of characters, even if most were just one-move appearances just to have them in the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
This thread has inspired me.

Time to rewatch Cowboy Bebop.