Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

mercenarynuker posted:

I can't tell if the Citizen is throwing underhanded with an overhand grip, or dutch-angled regular baseball throw

Overhand. The other two will be released Q2 of 2021.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

mercenarynuker posted:

I can't tell if the Citizen is throwing underhanded with an overhand grip, or dutch-angled regular baseball throw

Uhh it says right there it is a unifying throw. So both of your guesses are correct, as is any other guess you could make. We will include your favorite throwing style in Star Citizen for only $40 per style. Prepurchase now, reap the rewards Eventually!

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Bofast posted:

Deadlines will be pushed. Features will be pulled.

new thread title

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Play posted:

planning an Object Push and Pull-based build. many objects will be pushed, and then pulled. or vice versa

New character option: Space Robot

Laopooh
Jul 15, 2000

Atopian posted:

New character option: Space Robot

We are here to protect you.

https://youtu.be/7E0ot9iJm_k

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
HE CANNOT CANNOT USE STAR CITIZEN NOW HE HAS GONE DOWN THE STAIRS AND CLIPPED THROUGH THE WORLD

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I TOLD YOU CITIZEN

I TOLD YOU ABOUT STAIRS

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
NOBODY ELSE READ THIS

amethyst. . . . Hello. . . .

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Half Life 3 is being released before Star Citizen.

lol

(I've got it pre-loaded and everything ready to play tomorrow morning)

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! YOU CAN'T JUST SELL PICTURES OF SHIPS FOR HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS!!! YOU CAN'T KEEP PUSHING YOUR RELEASE DATE BACK WITHOUT CONSEQUENCES!!!! YOU ARE DISTORTING THE NATURAL GAME DEVELOPMENT CYCLE NOOOOOOOOO

haha whale money printer go brrrrr

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

spacetoaster posted:

Half Life 3 is being released before Star Citizen.

lol

(I've got it pre-loaded and everything ready to play tomorrow morning)

How is it?

I get nausea from VR so will likely never play it, but it looks like what HL3 should be

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Ratjaculation posted:

How is it?

I get nausea from VR so will likely never play it, but it looks like what HL3 should be

It's probably the best VR game ever and legit kinda amazing.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Ratjaculation posted:

How is it?

Obviously made for VR is what it is.

The visuals are very good. Standing on a rooftop looking over a city is completly immersive. Peeking over/around/under things has me moving all over the place (physically). Fumbling, out of fear, while trying to reload your gun (I actually dropped the magazine, lol) with a headcrab zombie crawling towards you feels real. And conversations with characters who point guns at you, get in your face, hold out their hands, etc draws you into the story.

As for nausea, I had bad motion sickness when I started getting into VR. But now I can do around 2 hours before it shows up. Apparently you can partially get over it with practice.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I had the same experience with VR - almost barf-inducing at first, but after a few sessions it went away. Only thing that gets me now is Dirt Rally 2.0 with fixed head position.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I stopped using my Vive a while back cause it hurts my neck, but no nausea issues. Also none of the games were fun and I just never use it.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

So when is development starting?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

a new study bible! posted:

All ship images are digital. There's no need for the development of physical photos of ships.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

a new study bible! posted:

Not for a while, but it's fine, Squadron 42 will be released beforehand with a single player campaign. It's scheduled to come out in...*checks notes*...2014?!

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
SHHHHAARRRTTT SHITIZEN

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Dravs posted:

Not for a while, but it's fine, Squadron 42 will be released beforehand with a single player campaign. It's scheduled to come out in...*checks notes*...2014?!

That is still p funny, ty

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
You think sex doll bunny man is still carrying a torch for Star Citzen or do you think he's moved onto being more productive like becoming a Maga Chud?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

twistedmentat posted:

You think sex doll bunny man is still carrying a torch for Star Citzen or do you think he's moved onto being more productive like becoming a Maga Chud?

I honestly hope the folks who backed this game have found something as entertaining for them as watching this development has been for us. It's been almost a decade. I love people's lists of all the personal milestones they have reached since development started because it's like goddamn, there was a miniature lifetime thrown away trying to make the impossible game.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
"ANAM" is still not engaged

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
I'm going to make a prediction: Something related to Covid will somehow be blamed for the failure of Star Citizen, and Croberts will walk off with a huge government check.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
since SC was announced, I have:

graduated with a professional degree,
worked in my field for more than six years,
lived in three states,
bought a car,
had a seven-year relationship,
lost two cats and a dog,
adopted a third cat,
overcome various health issues,
learned how to program,
learned how to bake, and
started actually writing.

but, to be fair, SC developers will soon implement an improved throwing mechanic

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

I'm going to make a prediction: Something related to Covid will somehow be blamed for the failure of Star Citizen, and Croberts will walk off with a huge government check.

At the very least I'm sure that the Shitizens are going to blame it for Squadren 404's beta not releasing this year.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Viscous Soda posted:

At the very least I'm sure that the Shitizens are going to blame it for Squadren 404's beta not releasing this year.

Can we make something like this the thread title?
Star Citizen - Where in the world is Squadron 404?

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
404 - Squadron Not Found

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Hey speaking of infectious diseases, can they add a feature where microbial life is simulated and you can like do a blood draw and see various bacteria and viruses and stuff under a microscope in your ship? You could also simulate all the white blood cells in each players body and give them buffable stats if you take special immunoboosters.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
procedurally generated birds in 2035

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I do love the point in feature creep where they've completely forgotten what a video game is.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
It was always meant to be a cutscene.
Chris Roberts found a “shortcut” to directing movies after being run out of Hollywood.

The worst thing for me about star citizen is the lore. It’s a truly dumb premise and every world building detail drives home the fact that CR is a pound shop George Lucas

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

It was always meant to be a cutscene.
Chris Roberts found a “shortcut” to directing movies after being run out of Hollywood.

The worst thing for me about star citizen is the lore. It’s a truly dumb premise and every world building detail drives home the fact that CR is a pound shop George Lucas

Every single absurdly ambitious sci-fi project has the most incredibly generic boring 'lore' ripped straight from Star Trek with less imagination, and optionally the author's obvious fetishes

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Has anyone said poo poo Shitizen yet?

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Shart Jortizen

jerk irl
Apr 26, 2018
Do you guys think that this pandemic thing will delay to SC's release? I am kind of worried.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Yes they were actually on target ahead of schedule but they have to stop now because of pandemic

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
drat and they were so close to release.

These guys really don't have much luck, what with the pandemic and oh yeah being a comedy clown car of development burning crowdfunding money and laughing all the way.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Owlbear Camus posted:

Hey speaking of infectious diseases, can they add a feature where microbial life is simulated and you can like do a blood draw and see various bacteria and viruses and stuff under a microscope in your ship? You could also simulate all the white blood cells in each players body and give them buffable stats if you take special immunoboosters.

I think Space Station 13 does have this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

throw to first drat IT posted:

I think Space Station 13 does have this

At least enough to kill people in hilariously horrible ways.