Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i feel like i definitely haven't seen enough pictures of those two over the course of this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Iceman likes to kick after he goes pee for some reason :confused:

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

number 1 snake fan posted:

Iceman likes to kick after he goes pee for some reason :confused:

Marking territory by rubbing his foot scent on the ground.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

The Narrator posted:

Marking territory by rubbing his foot scent on the ground.

Is that what that is? I thought it was because my dog was part cat.

Fuzz Feets
Apr 11, 2009

Jake’s burg face is great! Happy gotcha day Jake!

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Doggles sat all the way down when he was doing his squat for pooping, it looks like he startled himself when his butt touched the grass and he leapt back up and then decided he wanted to poop in a different spot. I wish I had a video.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

BigDave posted:

Is that what that is? I thought it was because my dog was part cat.

It serves multiple purposes. Dogs only have sweat glands on their feet, and leave their scent with each step. Scratches are also visual indicators that they've been there, like how cougars will claw tree bark both to sharpen claws and let others know "hey I've been here"

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Apollo LOVES to do the "apollo wuz here" thing, regardless of whether he's peed or not. If we're at the dog park he basically goes over the entire thing with a lot of kicks and is so proud of himself.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Abby will be getting her dental Tuesday so that's good news. I'm not brushing the tooth in question but everything else. She's on rimadyl and an antibiotic.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Very sweet video about Salty, a rescue grey: https://twitter.com/dodo/status/1247147045007306757?s=09

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Cute video, not sure about the whole "some given cocaine or steroids" thing though. At least I've never heard anything remotely like that before.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
i was gonna say "having the dog whine every time the pillow falls off the bed sounds really annoying" but then chevy would whine if somebody was loud going up the stairs so maybe everybody just has personal levels of annoying that they are willing to tolerate in service of the weird stilt deercats

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
My deer yells at me for food far too frequently and yesterday punched me square in the sternum with his full weight (which is better than the times he punches me in the genitals)

Anybody want a deer? Sometimes it barks but I just think it's a moron

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DarkHorse posted:

My deer yells at me for food far too frequently and yesterday punched me square in the sternum with his full weight (which is better than the times he punches me in the genitals)

Anybody want a deer? Sometimes it barks but I just think it's a moron
i would take sparty off your hands in an instant, i love that big shithead

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

jesus WEP posted:

big shithead

Well you got that part right

Gonna let anybody else sit on that chair?

FYI that's a "no"

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Abby's dental went well today, two more teeth extracted. Oh god now I have to soak her food in hot water for a week, it's gonna smell bad

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

actionjackson posted:

Abby's dental went well today, two more teeth extracted. Oh god now I have to soak her food in hot water for a week, it's gonna smell bad

I'd be tempted to do rice and chicken just to avoid that lol

Get well soon Abby!

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Double post because I shared a pic of Sparty and called him a useless lump, and they said he was less lump and more a random pile of branches.

What say you PI, lump or ambulatory brush pile?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

DarkHorse posted:

I'd be tempted to do rice and chicken just to avoid that lol

Get well soon Abby!

thanks, she's doing just fine, and has a fancy red bandage. As you can see she was a bit out of it when I picked her up!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/TR8YKzt.gifv

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker

:rip: camera operator

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

How are you guys handling the lockdown? South Africa has banned dog walking, and I know at least two people that got arrested for taking their apartment dogs out for a piss.

It's been three weeks and Gello is really starting to feel it. She's up at 4am and very restless until mid-morning. We sneak her out for pee/zoomie breaks but it's obviously not enough. Enrichment games freak her out, though she doesn't seem to mind obedience training.

We still have at least two weeks of lockdown and I'm seriously considering smuggling a friend to come visit for a play date.

Just look at this face. It is the face of despair.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
No dog walks even when you don't have a garden is pretty harsh. It's also not difficult to basically say "You're only supposed to walk a short distance from your house".

My partner's mum has tow greyhounds and as far as I can tell they are pretty chilled about the whole thing but she does have a garden.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
We've got a backyard and can still go for walks around the neighborhood, but we haven't been able to go to dog parks. We went to my parents's house and that gave him a chance to open up and be very speedy, so that let a lot of the zoomies out for a while

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

No dog walking? that's pretty dumb

Abby is very confused about this laminate flooring.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

actionjackson posted:

No dog walking? that's pretty dumb

I suspect it's a class issue. Most of our poor people are stuck in townships where social distancing and quarantine are almost impossible. Allowing exceptions for middle-class activities like walking or dog walking would seem a bit naff.

That said, I'd like to walk my dog without feeling like a criminal.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the park we take bonnie to (along with all parks in Belfast afaik)is open but only to pedestrians, with the obvious implication of “if you don’t live in walking distance, don’t come here” so of course the streets around it are choked up with parked cars now :cripes:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

found a big lump on bonnie’s back. maybe about the size of the palm of my hand. the area is raised up by maybe an inch or so. god dammit :smith:

have to do a vet consultation over video chat

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

What is it with greyhounds and lumps?! I'm holding thumbs that it's nothing serious.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

maybe they are so skeletal that you notice them more. i bet normal dogs get benign lumps that literally never get noticed ever. i am gonna tell myself this over and over and over until the vet says otherwise

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

oh no, good luck bonnie!!!!!

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Radiation Cow posted:

What is it with greyhounds and lumps?! I'm holding thumbs that it's nothing serious.

My old dog was a greyhound crossed with a border collie and he developed lots of lumps before he died. Vet was basically like "He doesn't seem in pain and surgery would open him up to risks so basically just leave him be".

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Vet seems to think abscess at worst, otherwise maybe a bee sting or a hematoma

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

Vet seems to think abscess at worst, otherwise maybe a bee sting or a hematoma

Dog! :argh: For serious, that's great news.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It’s been a few months since she made my heart plummet out my rear end tbf, we were due

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
The first few weeks of the quarantine were rough, because my dogs could tell something was up and were super anxious.
Luckily they've calmed down a bit, and I still take them for walks through the neighborhood, Idunn definitely misses me taking her for car rides to get coffee though. (Wren is afraid of car rides. :ohdear:)

Don't think I've posted pictures of my dummies in awhile, so here's a dump.

:3:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

incredible blep in the last picture, top marks

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Nice pictures!

How do your dogs do on laminate (or whatever hard flooring that is)? As I'm getting installed I'm realizing I can't just throw treats around as Abby's speed could cause her to slip. I'll have rugs but that won't cover everything of course.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

actionjackson posted:

Nice pictures!

How do your dogs do on laminate (or whatever hard flooring that is)? As I'm getting installed I'm realizing I can't just throw treats around as Abby's speed could cause her to slip. I'll have rugs but that won't cover everything of course.

I have all hardwood floors and my Abby figured it out pretty quick. She restricts her zoomies to the bed and the couch. Every once in a while she will get scared by a cardboard box or a plastic bag (her worst nightmares) and fall over, but she hasn't ever hurt herself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

a slime posted:

I have all hardwood floors and my Abby figured it out pretty quick. She restricts her zoomies to the bed and the couch. Every once in a while she will get scared by a cardboard box or a plastic bag (her worst nightmares) and fall over, but she hasn't ever hurt herself.

With hardwood, what happens if she pees inside? Doesn't it soak into the wood right away?