Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Sandwolf posted:

Quid I was pushing for YPM for a while but no one beyond Grandi was willing to argue with Somber that much about YPM being scummy, so

What's your opinion on Inf? This is a hard dodge of my point above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don’t see a case on Infi here that isn’t predicated on some logical leaps regarding roles and the way they would work.

The case on Leith is he is playing totally unlike town Leith. Leith usually has some reads and is usually very consistent, but here he is extremely inconsistent and never seems to have any conviction supporting his statements.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

My points have nothing to do with logical leaps and everything to do with Inf ensuring he couldn't be touched tonight. You don't find that scummy?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Basically I think Leith is a better vote for today. I don’t feel overwhelmingly that Infi is town or scum, if they were gonna be the lunch I wouldn’t fight it tremendously hard, the role poo poo is all very weird, but it strikes me more as town trying to pull a gotcha rather than scum setting up some really convoluted gambit.

But if it IS the latter we’ll have a better chance of figuring this poo poo out tomorrow. Let’s see if he can guess another VT or whatever.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Quidthulhu posted:

My points have nothing to do with logical leaps and everything to do with Inf ensuring he couldn't be touched tonight. You don't find that scummy?

Uh, scum know they won’t be touched so why would he go through this effort? His role isn’t even particularly useful so I half expected whoever he was trying to recruit to save him to just not do it, because why would the scum even NK him.

Basically I think what you’re saying doesn’t move my needle at all.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Infi reads more like a townie who thinks he’s gonna save the game WAY more than scum pulling an increasingly more convoluted gambit

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

Uh, scum know they won’t be touched so why would he go through this effort? His role isn’t even particularly useful so I half expected whoever he was trying to recruit to save him to just not do it, because why would the scum even NK him.

Basically I think what you’re saying doesn’t move my needle at all.

Tracker? Rolecop? Jailer? Any town targeting role that potentially would give info on his actions and movement?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Quidthulhu posted:

Tracker? Rolecop? Jailer? Any town targeting role that potentially would give info on his actions and movement?

What is this responding to exactly?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

What is this responding to exactly?

The post I directly quoted of yours?

You said "I don't see a scum motivation for wanting roles avoiding him because as scum, he wouldn't be touched." You know there are other roles in the game designed to gather info that...don't belong to scum, right?

Let me walk you through this again:

Scum Inf, after making a bold claim, set himself up to not be tracked, to not be jailed, to not be rolecopped by publicly asking PQ to nexus him. That's a safe move because PQ is claimed 3P and we can't rely on PQ going "no, I'm not gonna do that, don't worry." So Inf just gave himself carte blanche to do WHATEVER HE WANTS tonight, free of being targeted, unless town power roles want to potentially waste their actions on the offchance that PQ doesn't do this.

Also PQ is supposedly dying tomorrow so we can't even GET followup information on what PQ ACTUALLY did, which wouldn't be trustworthy anyway.

What in Inf's actions here is looking townie to you, Sandwolf??

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

yo honestly quid I see what you’re saying but, this is occam’s, I think it’s too much

Like, did he predict PQ was gonna claim nexus before he claimed??? I just don’t get it. Unless he’s just continually reading and manipulating the scenario as it develops but, yeah, I’m gonna take the solution that seems most obvious:

He’s town and he thinks his role is more useful than it is.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

He doesn't need to predict PQ doing it to take advantage of the situation as scum?? He claimed, PQ claimed, he took advantage of it. How does that clear him??

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

like, why wouldn’t a jailor want to target him now? Because PQ is gonna nexus him? I just.. I can’t get this to be as obvious as you guys in my head. I see what you’re saying, claim x and then continue to use your...tracker or something to find a doc.

But like.. to get to that point.. you need to make so many judgments about his actions, he’d be unnecessarily painting a big target on his back. What was the point of engaging yuming? Get her to claim something? Where’d “chocolate cop” or whatever the gently caress come from? Why go into this detail about smells and dangerous smells? Where does ALL of that come from? Thin air? Sure, but I don’t think so.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Deadline in :30 mins and Leith and Infi are -1, that’s exciting, I’m not sure I’ve seen that in a long time

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

So what's your argument FOR him being town, Sand? That it's too scummy to be scummy?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I’m here and holding out for Leith while playing animal crossing.

I have a p neutral read of Quid based on his catch up posts.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Everyone is right, I am not playing my normal self because I can't get reads because these are non-standard roles. In fact, drat weird roles, including mine.

I'm Tsuji Izanagi, the Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist, town shield.

Apparently the effort to get me out from behind all the equipment causes the attempt to fail.

It gives me 1-shot immunity to daykills, and it auto-activates when I get to -1 on the lunch vote so that's wasted now, thanks guys.

I still have the 1-shot immunity to the day-vig.

If no one votes for Infi, I'll vote for myself at t-3 minutes to at least prove that much.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

That is, uh, a weird loving role.

That's almost less helpful to town than Inf's

What the gently caress, DBD :psyduck:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

WHY is there dead silence now??

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

So what happens when you get hammered? Day still goes on or do we just do nothing?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Hmmmm I think that sounds more like a scum role.

However more and more I think Infini is full of poo poo in that his role doesn’t match the cool flavor of the game at all.

Not that I like making flavor arguments :sparkles:

Leith are you saying this is gonna go to no kill?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Quid, now you are bitching about silence. I've been calling you out for lurking for RL days now.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I still prefer Leith even if it’s no kill because he may take two shots to kill.

Town I think claims this sooner.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

It says I can not die, it does not say anything about day extending.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

##vote infinitum

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
:redhammer:

Votecount for Day 2

Infinitum (7): Somberbrero, Mr. Steak, Mithross, Retro Futurist, Leith Maclaine, Hal Incandenza, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Retro Futurist, Quidthulhu, Pussy Quipped
Leith Maclaine (5): yuming, Pussy Quipped, Sandwolf, Your Personal Muse, Infinitum, Retro Futurist, Pussy Quipped
Your Personal Muse (1): Sandwolf, Grandicap, Sandwolf
Grandicap (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero
Retro Futurist (0): yuming, yuming
Somberbrero (0): Infinitum, Infinitum
Quidthulhu (0): yuming, yuming, Leith Maclaine, Leith Maclaine
yuming (0): Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Hal Incandenza, Leith Maclaine, Infinitum, Infinitum, Leith Maclaine, Hal Incandenza, Infinitum
Pussy Quipped (0): Leith Maclaine, Leith Maclaine

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 29th, 2020 at 7 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 12 minutes.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

The Shima Hospital crew were certainly on edge day two. A few had claimed they had been injected by some sort of syringe, another was found with a hole in their head, and the rest were split, furiously arguing about who the traitors were, and more importantly, who they could trust to have their back in the dark hallways of this hospital.

And the way the day ended up, Inf and Leith found themselves taking the brunt of the accusations.

"What's a chocolate town anyway? It makes no sense!" some pondered loudly, others found Leith's actions and speaking pattern too strange to trust and wanted him gone.

The crew eventually settled on Inf, who was promptly thrown out of the hospital's front doors, with every entrance back in bolted or boarded shut. You know, an argument could be made that it's safer out there than back in this hospital. At least he has a chance to survive out there...

Infinitum, Machi Hiroshi, Dispensing Optician, chocolate town, has been voted out D2.

Please send your night actions in within 24 hours.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

The deaths kept piling up, as did the stench. It wasn't a pleasant smell as the hospital crew woke up in the morning to find three (!) of their own dead, two piled in the corner as if supporting each other while suffering the same fate.

Another person, yuming, was apparently so much of a threat that they threw her out of the window afterwards. A shell casing could be seen on the floor, with glass shattered everywhere, while the corpse lay splayed out in the courtyard.

yuming, Nakada Niou, Psychiatric Nurse, vanilla town, has been shot in the head N2.

Hal Incandenza, Watabe Dayu, Nurse Practitioner, town miller/bomb, succumbed from illness N2.

Pussy Quipped, Inugami's Vengeful Spirit, 3P deflecting survivor, succumbed from illness N2.

It is now D3.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
okey dokey, that basically confirms that the needle flavor is in fact an arson mechanic rather than a flavor mechanic

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*rather than a POISON mechanic

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also we're not in a good place rn. ugh.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I got needled last night.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
where i'm at right now is, generally frustrated with townies (lumpen, infi) behaving so irrationally that its like they *wanted* to be seen as scum.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we can presumably now trust infi's claims about the flavor of his results, which just frustrates the hell out of me because that means he did in fact legitimately look at the results he paraphrased, and decided the part worth honing in on was that he hated her smell. ugghhh

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Also i'm secretly glad yuming got NK'd so we don't have the distraction of going after her based on Inf's claim.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
those mislunches are surely going to sit on their high horses and blame us from deadchat for being bad town players. but sorry guys, your deaths were on you. getting mislunched as town is a two-way street, and in this case y'all are strongly to blame for misleading us. ugh, sorry, i know this isnt helpful right now, but im annoyed

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mr. Steak posted:

we can presumably now trust infi's claims about the flavor of his results, which just frustrates the hell out of me because that means he did in fact legitimately look at the results he paraphrased, and decided the part worth honing in on was that he hated her smell. ugghhh

How is this helpful now? Both players involved in the debacle are dead.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Mr. Steak posted:

okey dokey, that basically confirms that the needle flavor is in fact an arson mechanic rather than a flavor mechanic

Not really. I had the same thought but then I realized I would probably make a n0 poison take an extra night to kick in. Telling someone at the start of d1 that they will be dead at the end basically kills any desire to actually play.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hmmm, was thinking steak was town before this string of posts, but it looks like bragging scum to me now.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is me dumping my n2 feelings into thread. im aware theres no purpose to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

It's not enough for a vote yet, but the ~~feel~~ of it is scummy IMO.