Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

biosterous posted:

i like how this behaviour implies that birds like people watching as much as people like bird watching

it is a good and happy thought

I honestly think they do. Actually many animals do, simply out of curiosity, they are just as aware of their surroundings as we are and due to the lack of learning theoretical understanding they probably wonder even more why we do things compared to us wondering about them!

I love birds tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

when this whole thing is over i wanna try befriending a crow

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

i am considerably worried about my best friend right now because he thinks he's got it

Dixville

I don't think!

Kief Richards posted:

i am considerably worried about my best friend right now because he thinks he's got it

Sorry I hopeit ends up being something else. Like half my workplace is either sick or quarantining and one has been in and out of the hospital with pneumonia. This all sucks

Manifisto

Kief Richards posted:

sorry to hear that, I'm worried for everybody, it sucks

ty nesamdoom!

xcheopis

Kief Richards posted:

Oh, no!
Has he been able to talk to an advice nurse?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

xcheopis posted:

Oh, no!
Has he been able to talk to an advice nurse?

not yet. trying to convince him to call in. ROE, if you see this post, call the fuckin advice line you hoser.

reignofevil
I don't know what they could possibly tell me except 'yup fatigue sore throat chest pains that sounds about right please go to the hospital if you start coughing up blood or have a fever'. This isn't to say that I think people shouldn't seek help but for real I'm not sure what they could possibly advise me on that I'm not already doing!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

reignofevil posted:

I don't know what they could possibly tell me except 'yup fatigue sore throat chest pains that sounds about right please go to the hospital if you start coughing up blood or have a fever'. This isn't to say that I think people shouldn't seek help but for real I'm not sure what they could possibly advise me on that I'm not already doing!

call the ding dang number you nub

reignofevil
Okay I'm on hold.

reignofevil
They took my information down. I'm expecting a call back before the end of the day. Hopefully they actually do so.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

reignofevil posted:

They took my information down. I'm expecting a call back before the end of the day. Hopefully they actually do so.

good.

i'll call you in a bit but i worry.

reignofevil
They called back. Forwarded me to some testing centers. This is in bumfuck america so nothing is open on Sunday.

Escape From Noise

Sunday is 4 the Lord.

Escape From Noise

Are you also in Missouri? In this case the Ozarks?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Are you also in Missouri? In this case the Ozarks?

he's in PA

Escape From Noise

Okay. I was having weird flashbacks to my adolescence.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Kief Richards posted:

not yet. trying to convince him to call in. ROE, if you see this post, call the fuckin advice line you hoser.

unironically praying for reign

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
there were just some flies on my beer and I was like, "nah y'all cool. i'm on some other poo poo"

City of Glompton

are we there yet?

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Dead Hippie Ghost

tears for queers
afk -> you know me
sponsored by Healer LLC
thank god this is happening during the spring and not winter. I don't think I could handle all of this if not only could I not see anybody or go anywhere with a lot of people, but also couldn't go outside (comfortably, anyway). The main thing keeping me sane is that I'm able to take a long walk with my hunny bun every day. I'm much like a dog really :dogcited:. Think I might double up and start going at night too, alone and just listen to music. I can only play so much animal crossing a day so it's good to break it up with some non-simulated outdoor adventures.

alnilam

Dead Hippie Ghost posted:

thank god this is happening during the spring and not winter. I don't think I could handle all of this if not only could I not see anybody or go anywhere with a lot of people, but also couldn't go outside (comfortably, anyway). The main thing keeping me sane is that I'm able to take a long walk with my hunny bun every day. I'm much like a dog really :dogcited:. Think I might double up and start going at night too, alone and just listen to music. I can only play so much animal crossing a day so it's good to break it up with some non-simulated outdoor adventures.

Yeah i absolutely cannot imagine going through this in the dead of winter. Much sympathy for the people of Hubei who had to do exactly that.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Goons are Great-

I heard Germany is telling citizens to stock up on sausage and cheese and calling it a "würst käse scenario". Can you confirm?

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Goons Are Gifts

Yes.
We do that every season though, this time it's just a bit more Käse than Wurst as we are stocking up on the Szenario front

Escape From Noise

I remember when I visited my friend who was living in Frankfurt at the time there was a restaurant called Best Wurst. Probably the most amusing thing about Frankfurt.:evilbuddy:

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I remember when I visited my friend who was living in Frankfurt at the time there was a restaurant called Best Wurst. Probably the most amusing thing about Frankfurt.:evilbuddy:

Goons Are Great posted:

Yes.
We do that every season though, this time it's just a bit more Käse than Wurst as we are stocking up on the Szenario front

:)

Regensburg has the best sausage sandwiches in the world.

I hope to one day revisit it...

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Goons Are Gifts

The most amusing thing about Frankfurt actually is the parking situation

Escape From Noise

I just remember that and buying groceries from a store where the guy at the checkout looked like a model and seemed to be exhibiting maybe a step above contempt towards me.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Mar 30, 2020

Goons Are Gifts

It's Hessen. That's sorta like the German version of a fly over state but because we don't have to fly as much it's more of a drive-thru tbh

Escape From Noise

Yeah. I get that it's basically a big banking/business city. Zurich was kind of similar. Except the trains ran on time and it costs like 2 bux to drop a d

Goons Are Gifts

So today the first hospital in Germany had to close its doors for new patients due to being overloaded, it's in Wolfsburg (that's where VWs are born) and it sounds scary, but both experts as well as politicians have expected and planned for this to happen as we are now slowly entering the full force of the wave of patients that have to be taken care of. All those that infected one to two weeks ago and whose status have turned critical over that time, just when the lockdowns hit.

The fact that most people here are quite chill over this, concerned and observing skeptically, but chill, makes me also chill. The situation is serious but no one responsible for stuff is taking it lightly and everyone listens when an expert speaks.
This is not too bad. We can do this.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
as originally suggested by Justin McElroy I've been singing the first verse of All Star by Smashmoth when I wash my hands

it's 20 seconds long and everybody knows it.

also anything beats singing happy birthday twice

also u can lol whilst picturing Smash Mouth himself eatin all those eggs lmao

:smithmouth: :lolplant: someBODY once told me

tyvm Justa Dandelion and Ravenous Scoot

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

smashmouth eating the eggs is one of my most cherished memories. every time i wash my hands i gaze into the middle distance and reminisce upon it, and when my reverie breaks they are always squeaky clean

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
i was listening to the news this morning and they said something about building a "pop-up" hospital in NYC and all I could picture was a ceaseless line of male nurses with man buns giving you "locally sourced" respirators.

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Escape From Noise

magic cactus posted:

i was listening to the news this morning and they said something about building a "pop-up" hospital in NYC and all I could picture was a ceaseless line of male nurses with man buns giving you "locally sourced" respirators.

Hand pumped by cross fitters

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVzpEy81vzo

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Escape From Noise

Osaka may go into lockdown soon. Luckily I have plenty of tp, which I'm willing to defend with my life.

alnilam

prepuce repurposed posted:

as originally suggested by Justin McElroy I've been singing the first verse of All Star by Smashmoth when I wash my hands

it's 20 seconds long and everybody knows it.

also anything beats singing happy birthday twice

also u can lol whilst picturing Smash Mouth himself eatin all those eggs lmao

:smithmouth: :lolplant: someBODY once told me

Our local indie radio station has been doing little PSAs with memorable segments of songs that are 20 seconds. My fav has been
This is Major Tom to ground control
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in the most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today

Smashmouth is a pretty good one lol

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

owlhawk911 posted:

smashmouth eating the eggs is one of my most cherished memories. every time i wash my hands i gaze into the middle distance and reminisce upon it, and when my reverie breaks they are always squeaky clean

lol

tyvm Justa Dandelion and Ravenous Scoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

We now have hotels for housing/isolating any of the homeless population who have tested positive for the virus. It's a damned shame it's not permanent housing but at least they will be inside and getting treatment.