Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I tried to hop back into multiplayer after playing strictly Warzone since it came out, and god it was the complete opposite of fun. I don’t know why Warzone has made me completely useless in fast paced normal multiplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

codo27 posted:

Very clever. Except the game isn't F2P, the same unlocks apply to the paid multiplayer game, the bulk of which have to be bought regardless either through the battle pass or outright for individual packs. I'm saying that for what is surely one of the richest developers out there, they could probably put more effort into creating content that might encourage someone to slap down a few more bucks on top of their original purchase (or at all) instead of all the skins being mostly the same and boring. In addition to your inane shitposting contributing to the downfall of the forum as a whole, your "wHy cOmPlaIn iTs FREE" attitude is exactly the reason companies can set the bar so low and follow the trend of creating games made up of reused assets and never ending beta phases. I bought the BP in the last two BRs I played, because there was a large variety of content, plus those games were free to begin with. Activision has made, what, 47 trillion off this franchise in the last 15 years? You trying to tell me they couldn't put a few more operators/skins in the game?

drat, you really got him. +150xp Execution. Brutal.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

RCarr posted:

I tried to hop back into multiplayer after playing strictly Warzone since it came out, and god it was the complete opposite of fun. I don’t know why Warzone has made me completely useless in fast paced normal multiplayer.

same. I seem to be getting an unsual amount of games where im either facing a full clan who then shits on my team or i get tossed into a game in progress where my team is down 50+ points. Like this used to be maybe 10-20% of the games id get and now its like 70ish. I could go back to warzone but it just sucks rear end with noone to play with and solo WZs are loving Aids.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Snowmankilla posted:

So forced wfh mad me download war zone and it is amazing. I see people arguing about the IAP, but what about the base game. Is single player cool? Regular MP make it worth 60 bucks?

It's a pretty standard CoD campaign, I don't think it's any better or worse than previous ones.

MP is amazing. Lots of map variety, lots of game modes. They brought back shipment and Rust, if you have any love for those maps...
Wish that it was easier to filter matches by mode, wish there were dedicated servers, and wish matches started faster, but it's still good.

No clue about COOP, apparently it's the same map as Warzone. Probably fine if you have a friend to play with.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think it’s the best campaign since COD4, even if the story is a mess, which they all are.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

RCarr posted:

I have killer myself jumping from ledges in regular multiplayer a lot since warzone came out.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
My desk is too small to comfortable play with a mouse. Anyone got hot gamepad tips regarding sensitivity?

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Picking brains here but:

HDR vs AX-50 in WZ

Personally I prefer the AX-50 w/ variable zoom and range boosting mods. My normal squaddie swears by the HDR similarity kitted. Neither of us can get the hang of the other for some reason. What’s the actual difference between the two?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Retro42 posted:

Picking brains here but:

HDR vs AX-50 in WZ

Personally I prefer the AX-50 w/ variable zoom and range boosting mods. My normal squaddie swears by the HDR similarity kitted. Neither of us can get the hang of the other for some reason. What’s the actual difference between the two?

You're in luck.

https://youtu.be/95OePyvXGcQ

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009
I’ve been enjoying plunder or whatever it’s called now. It seems like there are way more cash drops now than when it launched and now the matches last half as long but I’m not burned out yet.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Det_no posted:

My desk is too small to comfortable play with a mouse. Anyone got hot gamepad tips regarding sensitivity?

MW lets you set ADS sensitivity as a % of hipfire so it's a good idea to take advantage of it. I found sensitivity of 7 with ADS set to 0.75 works pretty well for being able to still spin around on people behind me without making ADS too twitchy.

Retro42 posted:

Picking brains here but:

HDR vs AX-50 in WZ

When kitted with the longest barrel the HDR has much better bullet velocity and almost no bullet drop. Even at 200-300m a crosshair on an enemies head will still result in a headshot.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I swear almost every shotgun gulag I lose it’s like I pull the trigger, think I just won, then nothing happens and then I die a fraction of a second later.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Jumped into Warzone for the first time this evening after about a month away. First game, got totally loving clowned on. Second game, second place and one trigger pull away from winning.

:sigh:

Game owns though.

EDIT: anyone else getting unplayable lag? Just won a game by forfeit when the entire enemy team and half of mine all timed out after three minutes.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Finally got my first win because the dude who downed me with 5 people left forgot that self revives were a thing while he was standing right over me. Killed him and inched forward under the pile of loot he left behind until there were only 2 guys left who were too focused on each other to notice me.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It looks like the MW2 Resmatered campaign is being dropped TODAY

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1244598315813081088?s=20

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1244599090903764992?s=20

Just the campaign, no MP portion (which makes sense because splitting the playerbase between MW / WZ / MW2R would be hell)

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Just the campaign, no MP portion (which makes sense because splitting the playerbase between MW / WZ / MW2R would be hell)
Don't forget MWR! (I think that's still being supported?)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I like to yell "OH YEAH" like the Kool Aid Man when I bust through windows so my first win was followed by my biggest OH YEAH ever.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LameDishonestGodwit-mobile.mp4

Also I found the joy of trucks recently and people don't realize that they're not safe from vehicles on the cash drop off pads.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Mar 30, 2020

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I've been killed by Covid 19 multiple times in the past week
https://i.imgur.com/bJdkF2q.gifv

also gently caress that initial rush to choppers lol
https://i.imgur.com/rCATfWI.gifv

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
The audio in Warzone is loving garbage, some of the worst audio in any FPS. Also the RPG is lame and should be removed.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Rad Valtar posted:

The audio in Warzone is loving garbage, some of the worst audio in any FPS. Also the RPG is lame and should be removed.

Yes.

No.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

Rad Valtar posted:

Do you keep getting into vehicles and getting killed by the RPG? Maybe you should stop doing that.

Hope that helps!

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
No I keep getting RPGed walking into buildings but thanks for the advice.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Rad Valtar posted:

No I keep getting RPGed walking into buildings but thanks for the advice.

Hey thanks for posting you should probably git gud

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Rad Valtar posted:

It's nuts that I'll be walking right next to my partners and each of us will hear wildly different distance cues on gunfire. What is this poo poo?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

LimburgLimbo posted:

Hey thanks for posting you should probably git gud

RPGs require no skill so I'm not sure how that will help. Thank you for the advice.

I have fun playing this when I just want to relax because it's not to be taken seriously at all. It's funny that there are Tournaments of this being played when everyone just sits in a flatbed with RPGs.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Rad Valtar posted:

RPGs require no skill so I'm not sure how that will help. Thank you for the advice.

I have fun playing this when I just want to relax because it's not to be taken seriously at all. It's funny that there are Tournaments of this being played when everyone just sits in a flatbed with RPGs.

Seems like a problem that could be solved with an RPG.

moist turtleneck posted:

also gently caress that initial rush to choppers lol
https://i.imgur.com/rCATfWI.gifv

Another problem solved with an RPG.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

The real worth of this bounty was $500K

https://i.imgur.com/DubuuTt.mp4

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

RPGs will almost certainly be nerfed but in the meantime there is no reason not to just RPG everything.

Don't worry they are top of this, they already nerfed uh...shotguns wait wtf

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Never really had issues with audio in MW. Definitely give the different presets a shot.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Turn back thread you were doing so good at not being miserable fucks. Just go play another game it shouldn’t make you miserable.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It looks like the MW2 Resmatered campaign is being dropped TODAY

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1244598315813081088?s=20

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1244599090903764992?s=20

Wish it had Spec Ops but excited to defend Burger Town again

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I will say that the fact that you can fire rockets as you parachute in after every spawn in plunder is a bit dumb. Otherwise I don't see how its a low skill weapon at all, knowing how and when to use it is part of the skill.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I do a lot of RPG point blank murder suicides.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

lots of people in this thread hate fun

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
grenades need to be nerfed you can just throw them over walls and through windows and kill enemies without ever seeing them

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
nerf full auto guns you can just hold down the button to release a stream of bullets... wtf

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

An rpg can’t even down someone with full armor can it? Maybe if it’s a direct hit? If you die to someone shooting you with an rpg, and then switching guns to shoot you again, it’s your own drat fault.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

RCarr posted:

An rpg can’t even down someone with full armor can it? Maybe if it’s a direct hit? If you die to someone shooting you with an rpg, and then switching guns to shoot you again, it’s your own drat fault.

pretty sure they can down you from full armor, the explosion has to be relatively close.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They'll kill someone with full armor on a direct hit...I think. Not sure if it has to be a headshot. Either that or I've just killed a bunch of people who had partial armor. It's hard to tell cause at the beginning of the match is when I most scramble for an RPG and lot of people still have their armor at 2/3rds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MF_James posted:

pretty sure they can down you from full armor, the explosion has to be relatively close.

I’ve definitely hit the ground a foot or two away from someone and not downed them. Maybe a direct hit will down them, though.