Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
This is certainly something. Got to agree its the worst ep of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I love that the thing that's actually going to kill this show is an actual virus.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This is awful.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
This episode was fanservice for a show I haven't been an unironic fan of for five seasons

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

mcmagic posted:

What the hell is going on with this show?
"Danai quit! Quick, what do we have already filmed that can be patched together into a 'farewell' episode?!"

Goodbye, Michonne, we'll miss your razor sharp katana.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Was this Danai's last episode? She didn't even get a goodbye with her son. They remember she has one right?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I feel they didn't even reshoot half of those scenes, but instead they used lovely CGI to swap characters

And who the gently caress was Virgil, anyway

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Follow me and stay close

*swings sword wildly*

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
"The whole place is booby trapped"

Michonne walks around no problem and stares at a corner long enough for Virgil to clomp over to her cell and close it

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Michonne: has been captured how many times by malicious fucks, a seasoned badass for sure

Also Michonne: oh this plate of random mushrooms provided by my captor, yeah I'll munch them, thanks!!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Remember when Jadis had an Ikea apartment in the dump and we never found out anything about her group

That was 3 seasons ago lol

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

moist turtleneck posted:

Remember when Jadis had an Ikea apartment in the dump and we never found out anything about her group

That was 3 seasons ago lol

They had an episode about some of that in the other show, from what I remember. There's a small group that's somewhat organized and still has guns, helicopters, etc.

I don't think all the trash larpers were in on it though.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
More bad news:

quote:

AMC announced Tuesday that its signature series, “The Walking Dead,” will end its current season one week earlier than planned, due to the coronavirus shutdown that has plagued a number of television series this year.

AMC said in a statement: “Current events have unfortunately made it impossible to complete post-production of The Walking Dead Season 10 finale, so the current season will end with its 15th episode on Sunday, April 5.”

According to the network, the planned finale of the postapocalyptic saga will appear “as a special episode later in the year.”

Can I just say something?
Quite often TWD characters are criticized because "no one would be that stupid during a global pandemic" and then you read about people IRL panic-buying and hoarding toilet paper; religious ministers in USA boasting about keeping their church services going while doctors are calling for social distancing; a drug addict president going on tv to spout BS about 'miracle cures' and getting back to normal before the pandemic has even peaked just to feed his own ego; oblivious bingo-callers on a fake news channel misusing words and making up their own gibberish 'talking points'; and the governor of a state still thinking it's a hoax or won't affect anyone in his state, and a thousand other idiots every day.

TL, DR: in real life right now there is a country going through a zombie viral apocalypse in which many are behaving dumber than Jadis and her trash larpers.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Mar 26, 2020

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
You'd assume the people that actually survive for that long would be smarter.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Binary Logic posted:

More bad news:

Quite often TWD characters are criticized because "no one would be that stupid during a global pandemic" and then you read about people IRL panic-buying and hoarding toilet paper; religious ministers in USA boasting about keeping their church services going while doctors are calling for social distancing; a drug addict president going on tv to spout BS about 'miracle cures' and getting back to normal before the pandemic has even peaked just to feed his own ego; oblivious bingo-callers on a fake news channel misusing words and making up their own gibberish 'talking points'; and the governor of a state still thinking it's a hoax or won't affect anyone in his state, and a thousand other idiots every day.

TL, DR: in real life right now there is a country going through a zombie viral apocalypse in which many are behaving dumber than Jadis and her trash larpers.

We know now for certain that authorities that have somehow actually prepared for a zombie scenario* would be undermined by severe supply shortages, people who insist against all rationality that normal life continue, and people who just manage to have even more brainworms than the zombies.

*According to Max Brooks many authorities have actually thought about zombie response

After civilization fails, I suppose anything is possible, but since the TWD show doesn't really make sense as anything but a soap opera I'm not sure it provides good guidance here.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Binary Logic posted:

More bad news:

Clearly Gabriel was the most sensible one at the start. He sheltered in place, cancelled large gatherings, and practiced social distancing. :colbert:

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 26, 2020

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I grew up being told not to answer the door and now people complain about millennials not answering the door

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I guess the show didn't have much of a choice to stop shooting because of all those closely packed zombie extras. Would be kinda funny in a morbid way should the horde irl be the cause of a major corona outbreak in the US.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Cool, more ghosts

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Did they finally shitcan this?

Edit:

Binary Logic posted:

"Danai quit! Quick, what do we have already filmed that can be patched together into a 'farewell' episode?!"

Goodbye, Michonne, we'll miss your razor sharp katana.

Lol, what is that stupid anime pose at the end there? It doesn't look cool, it looks like you are sheltered neckbeard trying to be mysterious.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

John F Bennett posted:

I guess the show didn't have much of a choice to stop shooting because of all those closely packed zombie extras. Would be kinda funny in a morbid way should the horde irl be the cause of a major corona outbreak in the US.

Form 1053-B

Reason For Covid-19 Test: No symptoms but within past 7 days was member of a zombie horde.

Oh, that Negan! The sadistic, casually cruel anti-hero we never knew we needed?!

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
lol the zombie concert :zpatriot:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I saw that they introduced Princess. Awesome.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I saw that they introduced Princess. Awesome.

This is sarcasm, right? That character looks loving awful

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I enjoyed the zombies acting like people at least

but 95% of this episode was mostly me going buhhhh

also gently caress carol for not holding up her end of the bargain

princess character looks really terrible

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Johnny Truant posted:

This is sarcasm, right? That character looks loving awful

She's a straight-from-the-comics addition and she's pretty cool

Honestly I'm really curious as to how they do this next arc.

BIG rear end COMIC BOOK SPOILERS

Looks like we're about to formally introduce the Commonwealth for next season, which was the final arc of the comic book. It also happened to be a big Rick & Michonne centered storyline in addition to also having Carl play a big part in its ending + epilogue. None of these characters are in the show moving forward so I can't wait to see how they gently caress this up!

Princess was introduced in issue #171 meaning they have 22 issues left to cover.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Mar 30, 2020

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I haven't seen the show in forever, did Michonne die or did she run off screen and abandon her kids like Rick

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Koalas March posted:

I haven't seen the show in forever, did Michonne die or did she run off screen and abandon her kids like Rick

She ran off screen and abandoned her kids to find Rick.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

And who were those hordes people she went to? Something from the comics?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
That princess character is cringe overload. Walking dead still finds new ways to suck.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

BIG rear end COMIC BOOK SPOILERS

They still have two more seasons after this season ends, somehow.

edit: At least in the pre-Covid 19 planning world.

Grinning Goblin fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 1, 2020

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

J-Spot posted:

She ran off screen and abandoned her kids to find Rick.

They really were meant to be 😍

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

I know this show is bad and deserves to be poo poo on but the goodbye between Jerry and Ezekiel was cool. Jerry is cool and good.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I was planning on hating princess but I guess they made yumiko loving suck so princess wouldn't seem as bad

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
I stopped watching, has anyone important died or gone back to their home planet?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

I was planning on hating princess but I guess they made yumiko loving suck so princess wouldn't seem as bad

:agreed:

That was still such a dumb fuckin episode

"WE'RE IN A RUSH WHY DID YOU TAKE US THIS WAY"

*everyone stands around patiently while she licks her finger, slowly opens up a novel titled PRINCESS' LIFE STORY*

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Ego-bot posted:

I stopped watching, has anyone important died or gone back to their home planet?

They're on the way to the fireworks factory

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Ego-bot posted:

Michonne is heading to Rick's home planet

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

So Negan is now the cook? When did that happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Ego-bot posted:

Merle returned and reunited with Daryl, it was quite a scene.

Johnny Truant posted:

:agreed:

That was still such a dumb fuckin episode

"WE'RE IN A RUSH WHY DID YOU TAKE US THIS WAY"

*everyone stands around patiently while she licks her finger, slowly opens up a novel titled PRINCESS' LIFE STORY*
Yeah it seemed like an attempt at comedy relief or a lighter episode before the big finale showdown, but these 3 have survived the zombie apocalypse for over 10 years and shouldn't be so easily duped or make such rookie mistakes.

moist turtleneck posted:

Princess seems like an over-the-top character from Z Nation. One of my favourite scenes was when she told them to call her princess and for a moment Ezekiel looked he was wondering if he should tell her about his past reign as a king.