Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
huh, guess its not the witches and werewolves game... unless it is? then again people would not be pissed lol.

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/status/1244691829095682048

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/status/1244692258537889798

the dev of the og resident evil 3 if i recall, started as the "hunk on a boat" (which parts of it landed in dead aim, obviously) and then the next version just resident evil last escape, and was just random raccoon city people trying to escape the outbreak before they threw jill in.

lmao what if it is the witches and werewolves game in vr but its a lightgun vr game. survivor 3/dead aim 2. yeah people would be pissed but you bet your rear end i'd still buy it.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Mar 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
If the next game’s gonna be magic and witches and werewolves then loving go big with it,no labs or science or viruses just haunted castles and spooky foggy abandoned houses.
Don’t pussy out, Capcom.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

If the next game’s gonna be magic and witches and werewolves then loving go big with it,no labs or science or viruses just haunted castles and spooky foggy abandoned houses.
Don’t pussy out, Capcom.

Nah I want a mix of the two, I want labs but with fizzing potions, sigils on the floor and former umbrella scientists in wizards robes because that's what they do now. Complete with diaries where they complain about viruses being too limited for what they want to do and how magic is much better.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Given the weird nautical theme that Resident Evil has had lurking in the background for a while, I predict that it will take place entirely on a boat

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Capcom's next remake should be Ghosts 'n' Goblins. :colbert:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

thebardyspoon posted:

Nah I want a mix of the two, I want labs but with fizzing potions, sigils on the floor and former umbrella scientists in wizards robes because that's what they do now. Complete with diaries where they complain about viruses being too limited for what they want to do and how magic is much better.

The dry ice potion stuff would be good,and finally a reason for a hosed up RE mansion littered with weapons,archaic puzzles,and secret doors.
Ok you sold me.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

DeadButDelicious posted:

Capcom's next remake should be Ghosts 'n' Goblins. :colbert:

I would love a Ghosts n Goblins remake that was like a souls type game (in the sense of trying to traverse an environment full of monsters and traps) with more of a character action feel.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They shouldn't mess with GnG, either port Ultimate or do a new one in a same style like MM11

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

BiggerBoat posted:

Pretty bummed about what look like bad reviews on this, especially in the wake of the Doom apparently not being too great either.

Doom Eternal is extremely good and RE3make looks fine. It's just not ground-shakingly incredible like the RE2 remake.

Although I desperately wish they had Mercenaries. I love Mercenaries!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Sakurazuka posted:

They shouldn't mess with GnG, either port Ultimate or do a new one in a same style like MM11

Same, plus GnG has a ton of cred and is highly respected by people who played them but like, they didn't even use the name for those two PS2 Maximo games, it's dead. :(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sheen Sheen posted:

Given the weird nautical theme that Resident Evil has had lurking in the background for a while, I predict that it will take place entirely on a boat

Gaiden 2...

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Leon's best line in RE4 is at the start:
"Where's everyone going? Bingo?"

After that it's all downhill.

Your right hand comes off?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
new mega man legends but in the re2make engine

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Augus posted:

Your right hand comes off?
That boss fight kicked rear end.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Augus posted:

You're right hand comes off?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Sheen Sheen posted:

Not sure I'm ready for Capcom to do its adaptation of The Poseidon Adventure But With Zombies. Wait, no that was the first Revelations game. They already did that.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Easy Allies has a review up for RE3 and they said the game is about 5-6 hours long, god drat. I'm guessing they cut a ton of poo poo?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

RE3 was also 5 - 6 hours long

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Every classic style RE game is short. Even 7 is short.

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019

Vikar Jerome posted:

huh, guess its not the witches and werewolves game... unless it is? then again people would not be pissed lol.

the dev of the og resident evil 3 if i recall, started as the "hunk on a boat" (which parts of it landed in dead aim, obviously) and then the next version just resident evil last escape, and was just random raccoon city people trying to escape the outbreak before they threw jill in.

lmao what if it is the witches and werewolves game in vr but its a lightgun vr game. survivor 3/dead aim 2. yeah people would be pissed but you bet your rear end i'd still buy it.

Sounds like a massive bomb in the making unless some idiosyncratic aspect of it really grabs people...

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

Resident Evil video game fans in general would get pissed off at anything. Something like Old Timey Resident Evil with Witches, Warlocks, and Evil Magic/Alchemy instead of Evil Science would absolutely piss off a portion of the fans.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

In Training posted:

RE3 was also 5 - 6 hours long

Yeah but I'd think they'd expand on the length with the remake.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sigher posted:

Easy Allies has a review up for RE3 and they said the game is about 5-6 hours long, god drat. I'm guessing they cut a ton of poo poo?

My final playtime for my first runthrough was 4 1/2 hours, including time spent poking around for bobbleheads and such.

That is not much shorter than the original RE3 but it feels shorter in a few ways.

If you are interested in what was cut:

The game basically starts at the 'repairing the train car' section. Brad appears briefly during the opening scene but isn't killed by Nemesis. (You do find out his fate later.)
The City Streets (the area from the demo) and the electrical plant are still there.
The police station is recut into a side trip for Carlos
The Clock Tower is entirely removed except as the backdrop of a boss fight
The Hospital takes the place of the sickbed for Jill.
Everything past the Hospital is removed for a new lab segment.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

no dead factory? gently caress i loved that area

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

0 rows returned posted:

no dead factory? gently caress i loved that area

Nope. It's literally called NEST 2. A few bits of Dead Factory are incorporated but only vaguely.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

really disappointed now

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

They regenerate damage dealt to them unless hit with a hard hitting weapon. So basically you can’t use the basic handgun on them.

You can kill them with a non-'powerful' weapon, but it takes a lot of damage delivered quickly. The SMG will melt them down, but it takes a LOT of bullets to do it, likewise shotguns and shells, etc. The handgun may just not be able to fire fast/enough to keep up. (At least, that was the case in No Way Out.)

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Is resistance borked on PC? I a cannot seem to find a match.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

lurker2006 posted:

Sounds like a massive bomb in the making unless some idiosyncratic aspect of it really grabs people...

It's way too early to say that. A "massive departure" for RE could mean absolutely anything at this point, whether it's the genre, the plot, the theme, or even the platform.

It's also worth noting here that RE games don't really "bomb," particularly not in the modern era. The name holds enough weight that most of the games in the series have comfortably cracked a million. If you were ever going to experiment in a series, RE's historically been one of the safest franchises to do it in.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

sigher posted:

The longest classic RE is probably Code Veronica which is super long in comparison to the others.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

blackguy32 posted:

The longest classic RE is probably Code Veronica which is super long in comparison to the others.

coincidentally it's also the worst one.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Ryoga posted:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Zero is the worst 'conventional' RE by far.

This doesn't mean CV is good, though.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Ryoga posted:

I mean I guess? I enjoyed Code Veronica far more than I enjoyed 3, and that is all that matters to me.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ImpAtom posted:

Have you ever tried the Dead Space games? If you have even a moderately powerful PC you can run them and Dead Space 1 may scratch your itch.

getting dead space to run on PC is a loving mystery i havent been able to figure out, something about the game makes it so the FPS is wildly hosed and the mouse does not work. i gave up after a few hours

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

blackguy32 posted:

I mean I guess? I enjoyed Code Veronica far more than I enjoyed 3, and that is all that matters to me.

This is a debate that has gone on since both games came out lol

Both of them rule in their own way, but 3 probably is better overall. Code Veronica had some very ambitious graphics and camera use for the time though and the way it had pre-set camera angles that also moved with the player a bit was really really cool because of all the spots you can tell they took the time to really set up as a great "shot" as it pans in or around a corner or up stairs and such. It was when people were starting to realize that 3D cameras could use some work, but also before every dev just said gently caress it and started giving the player more direct camera control. Pre-set camera angles take a lot of work to make work, and for the most part Code Veronica does a great job with it. You can tell Capcom was shaky on this themselves because Dino Crisis 1 is setup similarly to Code Veronica, but then Dino Crisis 2 goes back to pre-rendered backgrounds instead of real time 3D.

I like Code Veronica a lot myself too, but some parts of it really don't hold up well, and it has some pretty lame enemy designs (but also some GREAT stuff like the Nosferatu design/encounter set up, but the fight itself is really easy).

Basically Code Veronica is the one that would probably benefit the most from a remake because there's a ton of good poo poo in there but it's really inconsistent.

There's even obvious DLC hooks since you email Leon early on in the game and who wouldn't want more "Chris angrily steam rolls through chumps" DLC.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Mar 31, 2020

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Wanderer posted:

It's way too early to say that. A "massive departure" for RE could mean absolutely anything at this point, whether it's the genre, the plot, the theme, or even the platform.

It's also worth noting here that RE games don't really "bomb," particularly not in the modern era. The name holds enough weight that most of the games in the series have comfortably cracked a million. If you were ever going to experiment in a series, RE's historically been one of the safest franchises to do it in.

Yeah any RE with a number after it is going to sell really well. And side games will do fine unless they're like catastrophically awful which none of the RE games have ever been.

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!
I guess I’m the odd duck out as I hate the original RE3. I don’t like the Nemesis or the randomness to the gameplay.

And yet I have the remake preordered. What can I say? I’m a Resident Evil fan.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

Resident Evil video game fans in general would get pissed off at anything. Something like Old Timey Resident Evil with Witches, Warlocks, and Evil Magic/Alchemy instead of Evil Science would absolutely piss off a portion of the fans.

Speaking of this direction for RE, I'd kill for a remake of Realms of the Haunting in the new RE Engine, that game is fuckin' awesome. It kind of is first person RE but in a haunted estate/underlying dungeons/etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxDOnXxDzrM

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Mar 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!

rabidsquid posted:

getting dead space to run on PC is a loving mystery i havent been able to figure out, something about the game makes it so the FPS is wildly hosed and the mouse does not work. i gave up after a few hours

Try turning off vsync in the game options and force it through Nvidia Experience or whatever. Should fix the FPS and I think even mouse aiming, but it's been years since I last played. Same goes for Dead Space 2, it's a weird PC only problem.