Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

John Krasinski sucks rear end and can go fellate the CIA some more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Speaking of, is anyone not feeling this season of Homeland much? I've liked the show for ages, and I can see how, on paper, this could be very good, but there's just something... eugh, I'm probably projecting, but it feels kind of frivolous.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bull3964 posted:

That Amazon series "Tales from the Loop" also comes out on Friday (well, likely Thursday given how they release).

siiick thanks for the reminder

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Open Source Idiom posted:

Speaking of, is anyone not feeling this season of Homeland much? I've liked the show for ages, and I can see how, on paper, this could be very good, but there's just something... eugh, I'm probably projecting, but it feels kind of frivolous.

Pretty sure goon consensus is that the show should have ended a looong time ago. Personally I felt like anything after season 1 just felt incredibly convoluted. Great first season, though, and acting remained great throughout until I got tired of it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Actually the show got much more fun without Dana

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

bring back old gbs posted:

siiick thanks for the reminder

Don't get too excited, I just went and looked on Amazon and it's telling me it drops on April 3rd which is Saturday. I wanna watch it too, it looks like what Amazing Stories was supposed to be instead of the turd they gave us. Anyone watch past episode 3? I gave up after that. Should have gave up on Episode 2, that one super sucked.

Also, how in the hell is Harley Quinn season 2 coming out this week? Season 1 ended only one month ago? I mean I'm stoked but WTF?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

April 3rd is Friday.

Also for Harley Quinn it isn't so much a different season but that WB ordered 26 episodes and they split it into two "seasons" but produced them all at once.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Yeah, April 3rd is friday and Amazon typically drops stuff at midnight GMT, so I'm betting it will show up at 8pm EDT on Thursday.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

quote:

Former “Law & Order: SVU” star Christopher Meloni is set to reprise his role as Elliot Stabler in a new drama series from procedural king Dick Wolf.

The untitled SVU spin-off revolves around an NYPD organized crime unit led by Stabler and has been handed a thirteen-episode straight-to-series order by NBC

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Hell yeah

Edit: he's an entertaining follow on Twitter as well

https://twitter.com/Chris_Meloni/status/1242213360273207296
:allears:

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 31, 2020

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's a big surprise seeing as he didn't exactly leave SVU on good terms.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I swear to god because of self isolation I don't know what fuckin' day it is anymore. It's just all bleh.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Croatoan posted:

I swear to god because of self isolation I don't know what fuckin' day it is anymore. It's just all bleh.

I only recognize Sunday, Monday, and Friday without issue because that’s when Westworld, Better Call Saul, and Clone Wars drop. The rest is all a blur.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

muscles like this! posted:

That's a big surprise seeing as he didn't exactly leave SVU on good terms.

He was pissed that he wasn't getting more money than Hargitay. Very strange return.

I wonder if this means Law & Order: Hate Crimes is dead.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Timby posted:

He was pissed that he wasn't getting more money than Hargitay. Very strange return.

They just got renewed for 3 more seasons.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Timby posted:

I told people on Facebook that Happy! was Stabler between this and SVU. A few mentioned they're gonna check it out now.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sirotan posted:

They just got renewed for 3 more seasons.

Hate Crimes is a spin-off that was announced in 2018 but delayed last year to revamp the concept and scripts.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Timby posted:

iirc the dispute was that he would have to shoot a full season of the show while she would only do like 17 episodes or something while both making the same amount of money.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

iirc the dispute was that he would have to shoot a full season of the show while she would only do like 17 episodes or something while both making the same amount of money.

That was the rumor but she was never going to go part-time.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Timby posted:

Hate Crimes is a spin-off that was announced in 2018 but delayed last year to revamp the concept and scripts.

Oh lol thought you were making a joke, I must have forgotten about this one

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Anyone else watch the new Adult Swim show Three Busy Debras? It was very surreal.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

Anyone else watch the new Adult Swim show Three Busy Debras? It was very surreal.

Saw it and Beef House. Surreal is the right way to describe Debras. The Debras are on their own planet, but the initial police interaction was less out there than I thought it would be.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I wasn't sure what format season 3 of Westworld was going to take ~Out of the Park~, but I actually really like their general insinuation that the whole world is, fundamentally, just one great big Park for the rich and powerful and most people are no better than Hosts down to preplanned/predicted scripts.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Only a couple more weeks til Killing Eve awww yeah

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Saw it and Beef House. Surreal is the right way to describe Debras. The Debras are on their own planet, but the initial police interaction was less out there than I thought it would be.

I think my favorite joke of the episode was Debra doing the whole thing where a character knocks a person out and steals their outfit and after she left the closet the cop she attacked came out wearing her clothes.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The Debra who fakes being a cop used to call in to The Chris Gethard Show when it was still in its first year of being a public access show, and became good friends and ended up having an episode she was essentially the guest of honor at when she was 16. It’s like, that episode is probably the reason she is doing what she is today and it’s totally awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOf1ydj_Qnc

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

TVIV goons,

I love you loving nerds. I never originally wanted the power, but when the admins came knockin', asking who they thought would be a good choice for a new mod, the good goons of this thread held me up and said 'idk this gay bitch?', and for that I am thankful. I am thankful for all of you, and all of the dumb arguments we have about TV shows.

What happens in the coming hours is for a better community, and I know you'll see that when we're through. For those who have been contacted, you know your roles. For those who haven't, I hope that once the dust settles you see that this was the right thing to do.

In peace, may you leave this shore. In love, may you find the next. Safe passage on your travels, until our final journey to the ground. May we meet again.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

That sounds like something said just before the militia starts attacking the capitol building.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I honestly forget this place has mods. Which is a good thing.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Now doesn't seem like a particularly good time to get into some bizarre and dumb internet drama imo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well that's a heck of a probation.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rhyno posted:

Well that's a heck of a probation.

More will take their place

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So Hydra took over the forums?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm finally watching the new season of Better Call Saul and holy poo poo it's good

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

esperterra posted:

TVIV goons,

I love you loving nerds. I never originally wanted the power, but when the admins came knockin', asking who they thought would be a good choice for a new mod, the good goons of this thread held me up and said 'idk this gay bitch?', and for that I am thankful. I am thankful for all of you, and all of the dumb arguments we have about TV shows.

What happens in the coming hours is for a better community, and I know you'll see that when we're through. For those who have been contacted, you know your roles. For those who haven't, I hope that once the dust settles you see that this was the right thing to do.

In peace, may you leave this shore. In love, may you find the next. Safe passage on your travels, until our final journey to the ground. May we meet again.

ok weirdo

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Nobody's in the mood for april fools

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

That said, Adult Swim is on fire tonight with new episodes.

New Primal episode, new Dreamcorp LLC episode, and now new Tigtone episode.

And Rick and Morty is back May 3rd.

This is the April Fool's we needed this year, no bullshit, just new stuff.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Is this what happens when goons get locked in, alone, for weeks on end? :commissar:

I guess we'll find out in 2031... :dance:

bull3964 posted:

That said, Adult Swim is on fire tonight with new episodes.

New Primal episode, new Dreamcorp LLC episode, and now new Tigtone episode.

And Rick and Morty is back May 3rd.

This is the April Fool's we needed this year, no bullshit, just new stuff.

:allbuttons:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

bull3964 posted:

New Primal episode

The people who were really mad they aired Rick & Morty instead of Samurai Jack may finally engage in peace talks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Rhyno posted:

So Hydra took over the forums?

No, no, four of us will randomly find ourselves in the same room tomorrow reciting lyrics from All Along the Watchtower and realize we were Mods all along.

The Fifth Mod will present themselves at a later date in a surprise twist reveal.