Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I learned in a Wisconsin winter and did my road test during a loving ice storm...My dad, "It'll be fine...honest..."

We like to make fun of American driving test standards, but "didn't need to call for a tow" is probably all you need to pass under those conditions, and that's plenty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop

this dude rules and i refuse to entertain any differing opinions.

Gomi Day fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Mar 26, 2020

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Gomi Day posted:

:hai:

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Anything bosozoku rules
Even the dumb stuff

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Big hair big. B rain

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

:hai:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Also note the roll up garage door behind him tall enough to accommodate the pipes.

At least, I want to believe.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Just noticed it was a four door...and now two.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Saw this rare Falcon ute on the way home from work today. It's a 1971 XY Falcon 4x4 ute, a factory made vehicle by Ford to clear out ute bodies as the XA Falcon was on its way in. This is the first time I have seen one on the road.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

That's a great color.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone

You Am I posted:

Saw this rare Falcon ute on the way home from work today. It's a 1971 XY Falcon 4x4 ute, a factory made vehicle by Ford to clear out ute bodies as the XA Falcon was on its way in. This is the first time I have seen one on the road.

I think factory made is a bit of an overstatement, iirc they were built along side the rhd f trucks in essentially a shed

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Works for Tesla?

edit; I'm sorry, Teslas are made in tents not sheds ofc

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Absolutely the right thread.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Spotted this on the way home from work on Monday - our last official "in office" day:

I couldn't get a decent side shot, but the font and two-tone gave it away to me. That's one of those dealer-built "Big 10" nostalgic appearance packages.
It had the same "GM Rallye" wheels as this one:

Pretty cool to me.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Darchangel posted:

Spotted this on the way home from work on Monday - our last official "in office" day:

I couldn't get a decent side shot, but the font and two-tone gave it away to me. That's one of those dealer-built "Big 10" nostalgic appearance packages.
It had the same "GM Rallye" wheels as this one:

Pretty cool to me.

Wow. I'm not a fan of pickups made in, I dunno, the last fifteen or twenty years, but that looks pretty good.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
It's kind of amusing that in all the ways pickups have gotten fancier, two tone paint jobs have gone away completely. It seems like the last ones I saw were around 2002, GM trucks.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

boxen posted:

Wow. I'm not a fan of pickups made in, I dunno, the last fifteen or twenty years, but that looks pretty good.

I'm not a huge fan of the newer trucks, but the two tone paint seems to, I don't know, reduce the visual mass?
It's better, at any rate.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

StormDrain posted:

It's kind of amusing that in all the ways pickups have gotten fancier, two tone paint jobs have gone away completely. It seems like the last ones I saw were around 2002, GM trucks.

Something like that. Last ones I definitely remember were GMT400

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

big dong wanter posted:

I think factory made is a bit of an overstatement, iirc they were built along side the rhd f trucks in essentially a shed

Galaxy brain - all car manufacturing plants are oversized sheds.

What I meant is that it wasn't an aftermarket thing, like what people did to HQ-HZ Holdens

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Darchangel posted:

Something like that. Last ones I definitely remember were GMT400

The one I remember was a GMT 800 with be rounded headlights, green on top champagne gold on the bottom that was both hideous but really worked.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

StormDrain posted:

You can get an Eddie Bauer-style two-tone on Fords (King Ranch and, I think, Lariat) still, though not in the classic EB tan. That's about it these days.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

2 tone paint is expensive because you have to paint it, bake it, mask it, paint it and bake it again, them demask. A poo poo load of labour, consumables, paint, energy and time, I'm amazed any manufacturer offers it.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Gomi Day posted:

What was this?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

cakesmith handyman posted:

2 tone paint is expensive because you have to paint it, bake it, mask it, paint it and bake it again, them demask. A poo poo load of labour, consumables, paint, energy and time, I'm amazed any manufacturer offers it.

Yeah thats why it's fancy!

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Gloria/Cedric?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

madeintaipei posted:

Gloria/Cedric?

I think it's an x70 Cresta due to the lights on the bumper. Boso dudes will change headlights and tails, chop roofs and shark nose but it's not common for them to fit different bumper kits, weirdly.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
This will be good, RCR long form video articles are always solid watching.

https://twitter.com/regularcars/status/1244611163620626437?s=19

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

cakesmith handyman posted:

And yet, somehow, auto manufacturers of yore managed it despite not having computers or fully automated factories! Amazing!
(this is sarcasm)

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Was it actually two tone paint or giant decals?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Colostomy Bag posted:

Was it actually two tone paint or giant decals?

Most definitely paint.

(1958 Ford Fairlane, as an example)

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
The old two tone 240sxes were primered, base coated, masked, main color, unmasked, then cleared

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

A sticker stripe on a shelby is $1000, a painted stripe is $10,000, a painted roof is $695

they REALLY don't like poo poo that disrupts the flow of the assembly line.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Powershift posted:

A sticker stripe on a shelby is $1000, a painted stripe is $10,000, a painted roof is $695

they REALLY don't like poo poo that disrupts the flow of the assembly line.

Ironically, it's all the automation that I mentioned that's probably getting in the way of the custom stuff. Sort of like how the Focus RS had to be built with a standard bumper cover on the assembly line, then that was swapped out afterward, along with some other RS-specific stuff done.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Danger to manifold!

https://www.lego.com/en-au/product/dom-s-dodge-charger-42111

It even has a mechanism so you can wheelstand it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
A Lada Niva with a Jeep front/hood?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MrOnBicycle posted:

A Lada Niva with a Jeep front/hood?

It's kind of cheeesy, but looks really well done

Adbot