Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lt. Lizard posted:

....is that Dog Knight from Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer as the Lancer's Master? :stare:

:eyepop:

That makes me unreasonably happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014
Just wow. Kintoki and Yusei just mesh so well.

Still have no idea who the Masters of Saber and Caster are.

Also lol at Mahou Shonen Princecess Astolfo

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Caster's Master is Tsukikage, the harsh acting teacher from Glass Mask.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Supersonic Shine posted:

Caster's Master is Tsukikage, the harsh acting teacher from Glass Mask.

That's the one that made me laught the most, honestly.

All I've seen of her is from Le Joueur du Grenier reviewing old anime that got translated in french in the 90s and holy poo poo she was crazy.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Saber is Dougulas Kaien, the master swordsman from Five Star Stories

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013
So just played through a decent bit of F/HA for the first time. While I know the general plots beats , the individual scenes are something I haven’t really seven

So Rider is now stalking Ayako because her blood was apparently delicious from when she had a taste of during FSN . While also ruining Lancer’s day.

F/HA is really starting to make me realize why I like Type-Moon overall. I’ve alway suspected it, but playing through Hollow Atraxia just confirmed it for me. They are completely self-aware about their insanity. There’s a scene in this game were Shirou decideds to help Caster as an fellow “housewife”. Like the game first starts off knowingly giving you whiplash when continuity errors literally start happening and they just role with it.

Everyone in Type Moon universe can be terrifying, complex, and above all, be total god drat dorks. No wonder the Emiya cooking anime bascially takes a lot of ques in HA’s setting. And Avenger and Bazett sections are no different. While definitley more inline with Fate’s “normal” tone, Avenger just loves pissing off Bazett. And he’s such a self-deprecating bastard I can’t help but want to drat myself to the FGO gacha.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

can't have continuity errors when f/sn has three endings

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013

Aurora posted:

can't have continuity errors when f/sn has three endings

And in all endings Kuzuki ad Caster bite the dust. The Fate/HA opening scene happened.

So it’s either
A) Grail shenanigans
B) Tohsaka really did break the FSN timeline with a Kaliedscope explosion
Or my personal favorite C) All of the above.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Tohsaka is extremely powerful.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Logical1234 posted:

And in all endings Kuzuki ad Caster bite the dust. The Fate/HA opening scene happened.

So it’s either
A) Grail shenanigans
B) Tohsaka really did break the FSN timeline with a Kaliedscope explosion
Or my personal favorite C) All of the above.

Considering the opening prologue ends with Shirou observing that the Servants are all gone and then Caster making an appearance a moment later, and Shirou immediately feeling like something is wrong before brushing it off it's pretty clearly deliberate. :v:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Logical1234 posted:

So just played through a decent bit of F/HA for the first time. While I know the general plots beats , the individual scenes are something I haven’t really seven

So Rider is now stalking Ayako because her blood was apparently delicious from when she had a taste of during FSN . While also ruining Lancer’s day.

F/HA is really starting to make me realize why I like Type-Moon overall. I’ve alway suspected it, but playing through Hollow Atraxia just confirmed it for me. They are completely self-aware about their insanity. There’s a scene in this game were Shirou decideds to help Caster as an fellow “housewife”. Like the game first starts off knowingly giving you whiplash when continuity errors literally start happening and they just role with it.

Everyone in Type Moon universe can be terrifying, complex, and above all, be total god drat dorks. No wonder the Emiya cooking anime bascially takes a lot of ques in HA’s setting. And Avenger and Bazett sections are no different. While definitley more inline with Fate’s “normal” tone, Avenger just loves pissing off Bazett. And he’s such a self-deprecating bastard I can’t help but want to drat myself to the FGO gacha.

I'm shipping Ayako with Rider.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Logical1234 posted:

There are bad endings where they presumably survive!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Caster surviving is the best ending, Medea best and strongest wife forever

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm shipping Ayako with Rider.

And since Ayako’s blood is apparently quite delicious, we now can have a fic were Rider get overly territorial around Ayako whenever other vampires are around. The jokes are now endless.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Medusa also is sipping on Shirou’s blood on the sly and is quietly terrified of Sakura finding out.

But at least she has a job, unlike a certain freeloading King of knights KNEETs. :v:

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013
I have to admit, Ayako is growing on me. She and Issei do seem to be the main side characters that get dragged into the HA insanity and either rolls with. And with all the other “normal civilians” being ecentric weirdos. I’m starting to really think that the Holy Grail Wars in Fuyuki over time have skewed the city’s culture to extreme levels.

Like seriously, I thought Taiga was the designated “vanilla mortal that’s crazy eccentric even by magic standards” But it turns out that nearly every civilian we’ve met in Fuyuki is just as odd and eccentric. They just hide it better.

Logical1234 fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jun 30, 2020

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I never saw Apocrypha, is Jeanne ever hostile to Shakespeare over his hatchet job?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Arbite posted:

I never saw Apocrypha, is Jeanne ever hostile to Shakespeare over his hatchet job?
Everyone are hostile to Shakespeare.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
He's also in the competition for Top 3 characters in the loving thing, so it evens out.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Arbite posted:

Without spoilers, he messes with her in the show and she doesn't like him in future works. Although to be fair everyone hates Shakespeare, he's kind of a dick who screws people over!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

He and Hans get lumped consistent into the rear end in a top hat Writer's Room together.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rody One Half posted:

He and Hans get lumped consistent into the rear end in a top hat Writer's Room together.
And Murasaki Shikibu thinks theyre weirdos

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

https://twitter.com/mai_emiyagohan/status/1279855396958552064?s=20

Looks like we’re getting the Emiya Gohan game in english. Finally a real Cooking Mama game for the switch.

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Looks like we’re getting the Emiya Gohan game in english. Finally a real Cooking Mama game for the switch.

This is great news, I was so not expecting anyone to pick this title up for localization.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/KertysL/status/1281042914571771904

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

quote:

I am very dissatisfied with the discourse about TYPE-MOON's and Nasu-san's works thus far because such discussion largely leans toward derivative works, or is solely framed in commentary and criticism of the works and merely good or bad.

Fuckin' same buddy.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's a great interview and the source for a lot of tidbits that have come out over the years apparently, like the idea of Fate As Marvel, but there's a lot of stuff I've never heard too, like that Dream of Spring was originally the only ending of HF which holy poo poo lol if that had happened my man would be DEAD.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Looks like Studio BB is remaking Fate Extra? If its anything like Last Encore its gonna have some changes from the original. IIRC there was also a lot of stuff they had to cut in development of extra, I wonder if any of that will make it back in.

I just hope they've improved the battle system, what the video shows isn't super encouraging, but it IS different... somehow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3GbQejb5CM&t=209s

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Two questions.

1) Where is Tamamo?

2) Where is BB?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

BB was not in OG extra!!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Looking forward to lots of QOL improvements, like the removal of Tamamao.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Tamamo is literally on the key promo image

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Tamamowns. Chiwa Saito's performance is incredible.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Finally a UBW with full chant.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Rody One Half posted:

Looking forward to lots of QOL improvements, like the removal of Tamamao.

*Steps out if the shadows and garrotes you*

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

vote tory, bring back fox hunting, release the hounds

e: I wonder if they'll add the Gil route. Or really, the original extra apparently had a lot of poo poo that got cut because it was on the PSP and they just couldn't do it.

e2: it's digdug bb http://typemoon-bb.com/record/digdugbb/

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jul 22, 2020

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
https://www.gematsu.com/2020/07/fate-extra-record-nine-minutes-of-gameplay-another-version-trailer-and-new-details

In Fate/EXTRA Record, the protagonist Hakuno Kishinami speaks. There are both male and female voice options, as well as the option to turn off voices.
For those asking for a Steam version, while Niinou could not say what platforms it will release on, he wants to be able to reach a wide audience. You can expect good things.

They also want to remake Fate/EXTRA CCC. But nothing has been decided. It is quite the lewd game, so Niinou wonders what the best way to go about releasing it nowadays would be.

Fate/EXTELLA Link‘s Charlemagne was very popular, and Niinou received a message requesting he be included in Fate/EXTRA Record, but since he is not directly connection, that would be difficult to do.

They’re also considering doing a full voice-over for the mob master of Fate/EXTRA Record. “But I’m not sure yet. Maybe we won’t.”

The development concepts of Fate/EXTRA Record were “Fate/EXTRA once again” (the desire to make a game that can connect to the next one), “high quality,” “for people just meeting Fate and EXTRA for the first time” (make it so that players new to the series can enjoy it, too), and “to get people familiar with Studio BB.”

The reason Niinou left Square Enix was to remake Fate/EXTRA and to make another grand title. But in order to make that title, Type-Moon Studio BB first needs to gain recognition through Fate/EXTRA Record so that you will be able to look forward to its titles seven years from now.

Development started a half-year ago.

Novel parts return. You can talk to most characters.

Saber will take the lead and go ahead of you in dungeons.

The battle system has been completely redone. The reason the original had a rock-paper-scissors system was because they wanted to have Servants battle it out in the case of a tie. Now, the battle system is a deck build-style system in which commands flow in randomly each turn, and you have to determine which is the best to use for that turn while avoiding damage. For each battle you win, you will get a new command.

New monsters will appear.

All scenes featured in the original game will return.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Goddamnit Nasu, Steam and Switch have a lot of risque stuff, CCC would only be in trouble with Sony.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

If nothing else id imagine passions design will change to her fgo one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
ah, the event blindfold cg