Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Young Freud posted:

Something just occurred to me but what is the expected gap in new releases because of the pandemic? I recall we were having productions shut down for a month before it really hit big due to coronavirus scares and of course, we can't exactly predict how the next few months will unfold. Just really curious about it right now.

There are movies in post and so barring any need for reshoots there's still stuff that can be released digitally for months and months. My friend works in CG and he says the streaming companies are more voracious and demanding than ever for stuff to be finished, and they have plenty of it through to the end of summer. And that's just the company he works for. Every other effects house likely has different projects to finish as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lobok posted:

There are movies in post and so barring any need for reshoots there's still stuff that can be released digitally for months and months. My friend works in CG and he says the streaming companies are more voracious and demanding than ever for stuff to be finished, and they have plenty of it through to the end of summer. And that's just the company he works for. Every other effects house likely has different projects to finish as well.

I figure anything in post or in the can is good to go, but anything that was in the thick of production is up in the air. I have a feeling that depending on how dire the studios are feeling, we might get a bunch of movies that just skip right to post without re-shoots, which would be very interesting.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Four years ago they made a webseries called Ninjak vs. the Valiant Universe but it vanished into the ether due to rights issues before release. But now it's back and combined together into a movie, so enjoy! It has Jason David Frank as Bloodshot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA8YHf-zXsk

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I expect we’ll see sequels to Unfriended and Searching.

Now would be the time to reboot the Paranormal Activity franchise.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

married but discreet posted:

Could lead to an increase in animated movies, perhaps some weird stuff with everyone stuck at home.

Give us a year of weird poo poo shot at home on phones and webcams. Simon Pegg's got us started.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I wonder whether we're going to see a resurrection of zombie movies (people hiding from a pandemic, apocalyptic looting and mass deaths) or vampire movies (aloof overlords draining the lowly minions of their lives to sustain their elite existence).

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I just want the Oscars to go on so we end up with Robert Downey jr (Doolittle), Vin Diesel (Bloodshot), and Jim Carrey (Sonic) fighting for Best Actor.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Oh man, I had completely forgotten about Dolittle. That already felt like several cycles of trash movies removed by the time the coronavirus shut everything down.

Wasn't the plot of Dolittle that Queen Victoria had some mysterious disease that Dolittle had to go to Asia to find a cure for? Is the coronavirus a tulpa caused by the movie's psychic pain?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
All I remember hearing about Doolittle is how the plot was solved by RDJ pulling a macguffin out of a dragon’s rear end.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I guess I’m only ever going to see Greyhound on TV ☹️

Sucks because Captain Phillips with depth charges is extremely my poo poo

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Julius CSAR posted:

I guess I’m only ever going to see Greyhound on TV ☹️

Sucks because Captain Phillips with depth charges is extremely my poo poo
if it's any consolation, that it's gotten delayed multiple times is rarely a good sign

meanwhile, have the Norwegian-subtitled trailer for a lovely Gerard Butler movie. officially this is scheduled for theatrical release here in the US on June 12th, but somehow I doubt that'll happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF9UDPBa3aw

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Davros1 posted:

I just want the Oscars to go on so we end up with Robert Downey jr (Doolittle), Vin Diesel (Bloodshot), and Jim Carrey (Sonic) fighting for Best Actor.

The Oscars would nominate The Invisible Man for best actor over Carrey. They loathe him.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Best actor going to the breakfast sandwich from Birds of Prey.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

FoneBone posted:

if it's any consolation, that it's gotten delayed multiple times is rarely a good sign

meanwhile, have the Norwegian-subtitled trailer for a lovely Gerard Butler movie. officially this is scheduled for theatrical release here in the US on June 12th, but somehow I doubt that'll happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF9UDPBa3aw

This looks just like a SyFy channel movie, just with a larger budget. Replace Butler with Corin Nemec and maybe Debbie Gibson as the wife and we have an Asylum movie.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Shneak posted:

Best actor going to the breakfast sandwich from Birds of Prey.

To be fair, that sandwich looked pretty loving tasty.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Leavemywife posted:

To be fair, that sandwich looked pretty loving tasty.

It really did.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Binging with Babish did an episode where he recreated it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JFVKnrE_d8

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Oh no, this cost Gerwig her Oscar nomination!

https://twitter.com/DUNENATION/status/1243981968368336899?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Begun, the home movies have

https://twitter.com/TwoPaddocks/status/1245277803697836033?s=19

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
why doesn't sam neill do good movies anymore

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Alan Smithee posted:

why doesn't sam neill do good movies anymore

He literally just did in the post above you.

But in all seriousness he did hunt for the wilder people which owned. He probably just doesn’t need to work and will just do a lame Jurassic movie when he needs a few bucks.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Looted from C-SPAM:

:lol:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

CelticPredator posted:

But in all seriousness he did hunt for the wilder people which owned. He probably just doesn’t need to work and will just do a lame Jurassic movie when he needs a few bucks.

Also he was doing Peaky Blinders for a bit.

Decent enough show and certainy more entertaining than some movies.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He seems to really enjoy just living on his farm.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

muscles like this! posted:

He seems to really enjoy just living on his farm.

Making wine and filming your animals in New Zealand seems like a pretty great life.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

His vineyard apparently just looses money hand over fist, but so did rod Stewart's and that was just a tax dodge.
Dunno, dude is living is best life.george miller should get him in the new mad Max, I bet he still has a really great performance in him.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Lol if the Furiosa sequel stars Sam Neil as Tom Hardy, and Annette Benning as Charlize Theron.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

The way things are going fury road 2 will film when Tom hardy is Sam Neil’s age

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

He's doing that next year. If it doesn't get pushed back. Him and Laura Dern coming back still probably isn't enough to lure me back though.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Alan Smithee posted:

The way things are going fury road 2 will film when Tom hardy is Sam Neil’s age

I'd be down for Old Man Max

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Pitch Black is legit flames. The Chronicles of Riddick is 100% stupid and 100% awesome. Riddick 3 doesn't go in either direction hard enough, so it's an amusing enough watch but it feels inconsequential. The absolute best part of the movie is the scumbag rapist mercenary getting the poo poo thrashed out of him at every opportunity, ending with him getting his head chopped in half at the nose. Get wrecked, creep.

I was very disappointed in the third one's lack of confidence in itself after the first act.
That ending sequel hook though still makes me hopefull we get to see Lord of the Underverse Carl Urban.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

I'd be down for Old Man Max

Old man max should be the tale of a deranged old max fighting other mad old people in a slowly recovering world.a poignant story of dementia and racing rascals.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

mad max meets logan's run

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Max Ho-Tep

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

Old man max should be the tale of a deranged old max fighting other mad old people in a slowly recovering world.a poignant story of dementia and racing rascals.

So, Boomers in the world of 2030?

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

Time Cowboy posted:

So, Boomers in the world of 2030?

...yeah,basically.
topical and probably can be done under 100 million, even if all the stunts are real. How much does a rascal costs? Less than a big rig or a monster truck.
Can even bring back ol Mel.he costs way less than a tom hardy.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"my whole world is STD's and stool samples"
*Explosion*
*12 mph chase of geriatric warboys on rascals*

Where's my check Hollywood?

But seriously, I hope we all pull through Corona year because I really want to see another mad Max, the last one was my favourite action movie since the first die hard.stay safe grandpa miller.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

A movie based on Mad Max sucking butt holes for gasoline could be interesting.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Guzzling for the guzzeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Warboys in golf carts chasing an arthritic Max along a multi-use trail in a bucolic park.