Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Fart Car '97 posted:

Ah yes the MP5 which hits a 14 BTK (if you hit entirely chest shots) at 18 meters definitely holds its ground at range vs the ARs, which with long barrels usually don't even begin to see damage dropoff until they're hitting 40m or so.

What the gently caress are you saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

He’s saying the guns have different damage fall offs. Seemed obvious to me?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Is MW2 campaign remastered on the MW2019 engine?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Overkill is worthless, my general ideal loadout is AX-50 + PKM, I run NV on AX-50 and PKM gets thermal. If I can't find a second loadout/afford one, I'll generally pick up a decent LMG or SMG off the ground and still run my AX-50 from the first loadout box.

If I die, I'll try to drop on a loadout box and pull my PKM because it has fully loaded on it.

I've been debating giving the HDR a try instead of the AX-50.

Also snapshot grenades are awesome, I generally try to use them if the other guys on my team have HBS.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Fallom posted:

He’s saying the guns have different damage fall offs. Seemed obvious to me?

At 18+ meters the Mp5 takes 14-15 bullets to kill someone. The M4 with range mods can kill someone with 9 bullets out to about 42 meters, and it doesn't need to land all the shots on the torso to do so.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I need a firing range with moving target so I can spend some time dicking around with snipers and finally get a feel for their drop off / lead time

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I need a firing range with moving target so I can spend some time dicking around with snipers and finally get a feel for their drop off / lead time

Private game + bots and pick a map?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How are you gonna find bots stupid enough to spend the whole round camping the stadium roof though?

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

I have a pistol with fully loaded on most of my warzone load outs so I can have full SMG ammo as well as whatever gun I get out and ghost.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

veni veni veni posted:

How are you gonna find bots stupid enough to spend the whole round camping the stadium roof though?

we haven't had that kind of technology since battlefield 1942

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Started using the 725 again recently for the first time since it was originally nerfed and it's still the most gloriously bitchass weapon. Comboed with dead silence you can just keep playing Doom Eternel in COD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV6pLmZ8YvE

And yes before someone else calls it out I am playing against complete potatoes. I'm not sure if it was the new map playlist or SBMM throwing me a bone or what.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I would pay money for a 725 skin that turns it into the SSG instead.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I played my first round of Warzone and mainly played around in a helicopter I found. They need to make those easier to take down.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Pro tip for the heli, press c by mistake when you intend to eject, switching seats instead while the chopper crashes, killing you and any teammates. I do it all the time

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Crustashio posted:

MW lets you set ADS sensitivity as a % of hipfire so it's a good idea to take advantage of it. I found sensitivity of 7 with ADS set to 0.75 works pretty well for being able to still spin around on people behind me without making ADS too twitchy.

Feels pretty good! Weirdly enough I feel like I overshoot less, compared to a lower sensitivity.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lemon-Lime posted:

I would pay money for a 725 skin that turns it into the SSG instead.

:hai:

CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.
One of three left in the final circle. Came around the side of a guy plinking away at the other with a sniple rifle. Went in for the execution kill and got it. Came in second. Still felt good. :v:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/aFr3Bbi.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/nV25DRW.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/QKLZ8M2.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/hmh95Oi.gifv

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Man I forgot how long it takes to level guns up in CoD.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
warzone gives nice chunks of gun xp when you finish contracts

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Is that a better way to get it than just playing MP and killing dudes?

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone else just loving love the fn fal? It's been my gun of choice since cod blops 2 and is so great as a counter sniper or a cudgel to keep enemies surpressed mid - long range. The only downfall is running out of ammo if you spam it like I do

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Any tips for getting a quad feed? I'm upset they made it the last challenge of the season, because I know I've gotten one a few this season. Right now I just keep queuing for Hardpoint and hoping I get Shipment.

e: uuuughhhh I got into another shipment game and got a "false" quad feed fuuuck

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Apr 1, 2020

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Spacebump posted:

I played my first round of Warzone and mainly played around in a helicopter I found. They need to make those easier to take down.

A SAM will force you to eject or die in short order but most people just don't pack them. You'll also go down quite fast once people start actually shooting at you, they just don't want to do so because it would expose their position to anyone nearby. Helis are actually quite fine right now in my opinion; if they were more fragile they'd rarely be used because they'd be a death trap/

codo27 posted:

Pro tip for the heli, press c by mistake when you intend to eject, switching seats instead while the chopper crashes, killing you and any teammates. I do it all the time

I've done this way too often; need to get around to changing the keys.

Flooger
Dec 26, 2004

thetan_guy42 posted:

Does anyone else just loving love the fn fal? It's been my gun of choice since cod blops 2 and is so great as a counter sniper or a cudgel to keep enemies surpressed mid - long range. The only downfall is running out of ammo if you spam it like I do

i've always hated using sniper rifles in any game because I am really bad with them, but I grabbed the legendary fal the other day and went on a rampage with it and felt really cool. too bad i don't have the gun leveled enough to make a loadout with it, I'd love to try it out more

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
10v10 shipment is here

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

lambskin posted:

10v10 shipment is here

lol, welp, one predator missle on my first game got me my quad feed

thanks cod

e: oh my god the other mode is picadilly domination

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Apr 1, 2020

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Scholtz posted:

lol, welp, one predator missle on my first game got me my quad feed

thanks cod

e: oh my god the other mode is picadilly domination

I got picadilly hard point. Its nice to see they have humor. Goin back to the grind. I might die 80 times, but this will be the best chance to quickly get gold on riot shield.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Gulag should be shortened to "the lag" because that's pretty much how 90% of the kills feel. Wish there was some way to opt out of it.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

prom candy posted:

Is that a better way to get it than just playing MP and killing dudes?

It could be but unless you're grinding a X16, MP7, Scar or other "world drop" gun it will not be easy.
The weapon XP awarded is for the gun you have in your hands when the contract is complete.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

The Gulag should be shortened to "the lag" because that's pretty much how 90% of the kills feel. Wish there was some way to opt out of it.

The “opt out” is quitting the game when you’re killed.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

10v10 shipment mosh pit is absurd and I want it here permanently.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

10v10 shipment mosh pit is absurd and I want it here permanently.

Agreed.

It's ridiculous, but serves a pretty good purpose in leveling poo poo up, especially when you need a few unlocks to make it viable, or certain challenges.

Did the dragon's breath and akimbo desert eagle unlocks earlier, and ranked up the UMP ~40 levels in a couple of hours.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I was late to the party with this and hope the Mara operator will be available in a forthcoming pack.

The campaign was really well produced with great setpieces, but absolute political and narrative nonsense, so a Modern Warfare campaign.

In multiplayer, my old man reflexes were eating poo poo for a while while I tried to find a loadout that worked for me, then I pre-ordered the MW2 remaster and found with a few changes (added the whatever they call the Eotech with the 3x flip up magnifier, just like my IRL rifle) the M4 bonus rifle from the preorder pack is working for me. Just an all-ranges laser, only real downside is on full dakka it burns through the 30 round mag quick so I might have to compromise something like the muzzle break to add a 50 round mag.

I actually prefer the smaller modes to the battle royale. :shrug:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I jumped into MP last night to get the mounted and no attach kills I needed to gold the PKM. It was actually still fun, though I was on hiatus from the game for a couple weeks prior to the drop of BR. I think though if not for the amount of goons around to play BR I may have ditched the game all together by now. Thats what makes it most addicting to me, so easy to gently caress off when its just yourself, especially with pubbies. But when there are a bunch of people online to play with, it makes you want to stay.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I should look at the OP closer to see how to play with goons, provided ya'll don't mind an old man who's a little slow on the LMB. Then again we all gotta be at least pushing fuckin' 40 on this dying forum.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Hop on Discord. I'm godawful at the game and I'm glad everyone is laid back :yayclod:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm seeing people on the subreddit say that snapshot grenades on the shipment playlist will farm insane xp. Has that been nerfed, because I don't seem to get any xp from assists when I throw snapshot grenades?

E: oops, it appears to be the decoy grenade I need, not snapshot

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Looks like theres gonna be a doule xp/battlepass xp this weekend for anyone with some bp levels left to grind out. I look forward to seeing you all in the 10v10 Shipment trenches.

great playlist name