Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

This plus post/username combo :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's nice to have whimsy once in a while. :unsmith:

remember when all the mods' avatars were changed to photos of different "Nice!" brand goods

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

HiroProtagonist posted:

what the gently caress would this forum know about fun

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

April Fools' related mini-saga.

On April 1, 2012, kensei posted a baseball news/views thread titled "MLB WK 1 N/V - Pineda to have Labrum surgery, will miss 2012 Season". The OP started:

kensei posted:

Interview with Brian Cashman.

On the injury:

quote:

We hope he can come back toward the end of the season, you know? If we have to work him into the rotation from the bullpen like we did with Joba, that's okay. He's a great talent and we want to have him around for a long time.

On the trade:

quote:

I think we still make that deal, you know? Jesus was blocked and this was a good deal for us at the time.

Sorry Scoobi

Around three weeks later, the prophecy was realized:

ManifunkDestiny posted:

Pineda has a torn labrum. Mariners win.

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/195254780120145920

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I had fun once and it was awful

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Mr. Fix It posted:

April Fools' related mini-saga.

On April 1, 2012, kensei posted a baseball news/views thread titled "MLB WK 1 N/V - Pineda to have Labrum surgery, will miss 2012 Season". The OP started:

On the trade:

Sorry Scoobi

Around three weeks later, the prophecy was realized:

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/195254780120145920
[/quote]

Lmao

Never tempt the sports gods. They are fickle.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
The April's Fool joke should have been a a sticky announcement that Lowtax has decided to bring FYAD back.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Grandmother of Five posted:

The April's Fool joke should have been a a sticky announcement that Lowtax has decided to bring FYAD back.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Or even just put a sticky that says Lowtax is selling the forums to Kim Dotcom

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bogus Adventure posted:

Isn't he in prison?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Bogus Adventure posted:

Several years ago I had some posters convinced that he was going to sell the site the Cheezburger network.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Several years ago I had some posters convinced that he was going to sell the site the Cheezburger network.
I also got a rumor going in QCS that Lowtax was selling the forums back before I was a mod. It seems pretty easy to do. Goons are panicky by nature.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

I also got a rumor going in QCS that Lowtax was selling the forums back before I was a mod. It seems pretty easy to do. Goons are panicky by nature.

It's a good one. If Lowtax ever actually sold SA then he really needs to wait until April to announce it so that nobody believes it at first.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
the greatest april fool's prank would have been making me a mod

do NOT do that. jfc what a thankless job.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pick posted:

It's not that bad. I enjoyed being a mod and admin. I think you have to like forums drama though. Even with all the poo poo that I had to deal with I still had a great time, and I don't regret any of it.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Pick posted:

They should post an announcement that you are going to made a mod of several forums but it is waiting on the admins to put it through.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

FactsAreUseless posted:

Isn't he in prison?

That's what makes it funny. Just say that he plans to run it from prison on a smartphone, like Shkreli.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

noice

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's not that bad. I enjoyed being a mod and admin. I think you have to like forums drama though. Even with all the poo poo that I had to deal with I still had a great time, and I don't regret any of it.

I think forums drama is stupid and I probably wouldn't probate anyone, ever. Unless they said dragon age 2 is bad and then they would be banned

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i respect those willing to speak truth to power

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

This is why you were the best admin.

God help Cyrano, he was good and cool before he got a red star.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

FactsAreUseless posted:

I am guilty but december was like god making me smoke the whole carton

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

u used 2 be cool and now ur a mod get bent dumbass

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

taxman abandoning the forums to spend his patreon bux on his findom fetish will do that to a homie

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
A real joke would be to reverse all permabans without telling anyone one, waiting for those people to realize their accounts now work again, and see who returns.

Then permabanning them on the flimsiest of reasons. like some "it's i before e learn to spell correctly dumbass PERMABAN"

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

HiroProtagonist posted:

what the gently caress would this forum know about fun

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

TTerrible posted:

This is mandatory fun at work level funny. Please stop. :negative:

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
it would be whimsical and mildly amusing if the mods photoshopped googly eyes and/or silly moustaches on everyones avatars and manually replaced them all for free without saying anything.

(and then didnt change them back afterwards so everyone has to pay money to have their normal ones back)

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014
theres still time............ mods...................

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Adding googly eyes onto posters is actually hilarious and would be funnier.

Like ozma changing all the mod avatars and names that one time to various Nice! Brand products from Walgreens.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Turpitude II posted:

theres still time............ mods...................

ahahaha

mods?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Grandmother of Five posted:

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

lol yep

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

The Area 51 raid but it's a dozen goons naruto-running toward an office building in Missouri.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

goatsestretchgoals posted:

This is why you were the best admin.

God help Cyrano, he was good and cool before he got a red star.

cyrano is the reincarnated form of a monk who won Miss Cloister 1664, sent to earth to admonish those who fail to properly reshelve rare manuscripts.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
and, that. . . that's good, that's a good thing to be.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Lots of posting about this... April Coup? Thing?

PookBear posted:

Citing lowtax's often absenteeism from the forums, some moderators of these forums, including mcnally, attempted to legally take control of the physical server these forums are hosted in. A loyalist admin was able at to thwart the attempted coup banning the perpetrators however this currently leaves this subforum without a moderator. Due to this power vacuum and civil unrest in the current events thread and cop thread Godholio, Mare, and myself have seized power and will govern as a triumvirate until free and democratic elections can be established.

We should be getting mod powers tomorrow morning but in the meantime we have no actual authority here and thus we must ask everyone not to poo poo up the forums.

And no, we are not joking https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=124121 more details will be revealed in the following days.

update: Mcnally and the others were trying to help lady ambien get control over the servers citing lowtax's mental health in court. Lowtax is on the verge of just deleting everything. If you aren't in the gip discord you might want to join because there is a non zero chance these servers might not exist in a week.

Crazycryodude posted:

Is this just April Fools or are the forums about to die again

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Yawn.

If they wanted it to be convincing, they should have piled a permaban on top of the ludicrously long probe.

E: Also, ever since the GiP T-Shirt prank, the fact McNally is involved is pretty suspicious.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Apr 1, 2020

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Weak.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I respect the effort of the admin team to try something. And I also respect all the posters in this thread and other threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

oldpainless posted:

I respect the effort of the admin team to try something. And I also respect all the posters in this thread and other threads.

More like olddisdainless! :love: