Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

renessia
Mar 25, 2020

everybody's big sister
hi! i'm a lady gay and y'all are my people. thank you.

I made sure to watch akanesasu shoujo before posting. it was good! and gay. not gay enough, but when is it ever

renessia fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Mar 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

renessia posted:

hi! i'm a lady gay and y'all are my people. thank you
you're my people too. have you read run away with me, girl

renessia
Mar 25, 2020

everybody's big sister

Endorph posted:

you're my people too. have you read run away with me, girl

with bated breath! it hurts so good. I want so much for them to be happy

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's an extremely good manga and i enjoy it a lot, yeah

renessia
Mar 25, 2020

everybody's big sister
it's certainly one of the few that I get really, really excited to see updates for. i'm very grateful to the scanlators for working as hard on it as they are!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

renessia posted:

it's certainly one of the few that I get really, really excited to see updates for. i'm very grateful to the scanlators for working as hard on it as they are!
i appreciate it, as do the other people on the scanlation team (i am a member of the sexy akiba detectives, you see)

renessia
Mar 25, 2020

everybody's big sister

Endorph posted:

i appreciate it, as do the other people on the scanlation team (i am a member of the sexy akiba detectives, you see)

oh!!! my goodness. well, thank you for everything that you do! I've been a fan of you all for a long time! I really appreciate the timeliness and quality you bring to the scene.

also, THAT CHAPTER.

renessia fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 31, 2020

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i do editing but i passed the thanks along to the lead translator

also yeah its an extremely good chapter, also i love komari

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

wow, everybody's big sister?

renessia
Mar 25, 2020

everybody's big sister
everybody's! even yours. :)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Endorph posted:

AHH can’t get through the door, man

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

It's not really manga but I just finally finished reading Always Human and it so impossibly cute and gay and comfy, I ended up crying into my keyboard like six times but in a good way.

Next is probably Aerial Magic by the same author, but after that I'm thinking maybe Girl Friends or Bloom Into You, both recs which I think I got from this thread?

Run Away With Me, Girl looks good but it's also not finished yet and I can't bring myself to start another unfinished series :negative:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

run away with me girl is finished in japan and we're making good progress on it at least, and its not 70 chapters or anything, so you shouldn't have to wait too long

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Endorph posted:

run away with me girl is finished in japan and we're making good progress on it at least, and its not 70 chapters or anything, so you shouldn't have to wait too long

Oh that's excellent news!

Thank you for all your translation work :)

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

ToxicFrog posted:

It's not really manga but I just finally finished reading Always Human and it so impossibly cute and gay and comfy, I ended up crying into my keyboard like six times but in a good way.

Next is probably Aerial Magic by the same author, but after that I'm thinking maybe Girl Friends or Bloom Into You, both recs which I think I got from this thread?

Run Away With Me, Girl looks good but it's also not finished yet and I can't bring myself to start another unfinished series :negative:

Aerial Magic is only half complete and will never be finished due to writer's block and didn't really go anywhere, it's hard to recommend.

Bloom Into You is absolutely a classic though

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

lih posted:

Aerial Magic is only half complete and will never be finished due to writer's block and didn't really go anywhere, it's hard to recommend.

Bloom Into You is absolutely a classic though

Yeah, I know it's on "indefinite hiatus" (which we all know is webcomic for "is not finished and never will be"). But at least it ended at a chapter break rather than halfway through a conversation or something; I figure I'll read and enjoy what's there, even if it's not a finished story.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
why aren't vampires real

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

why aren't vampires my girlfriend

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Aurora posted:

why aren't vampires my girlfriend

:same:

idk maybe I can be someone else's vampire girlfriend someday

except I love garlic?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

ToxicFrog posted:

except I love garlic?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

ToxicFrog posted:

except I love garlic?

This is almost a LN title.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

ToxicFrog posted:

except I love garlic?

https://mangadex.org/chapter/826363/1

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Fowl posted:

This is almost a LN title.
Almost? I counted +10 words, that's pretty much prime LN title territory and the plot. We just need a Pixiv or Twitter artist and we're set. :)

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

lol

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

you know i heard about it but i wasnt prepared for how gay promare is

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Promare was pretty nice. I do wish the big gay kiss wasn't a contrived "you need to save him with mouth-to-mouth" situation, though.

At the very least it was shot like a super romantic kiss.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's just carrying on the dna of re:cutie honey

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

honestly wish i had seen it first run so i didn't spend months having the gayness oversold to me, but hey they at least fully embrace it in the marketing and official merchandise i guess

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah i havent seen promare yet so i actually dunno how much is in it

i can forgive re:cutie honey for giving an "excuse" to the big kiss scene cause like. the ova as a whole still pretty much is entirely based around their relationship and it's literally the only time in the history of that ip that they've both been a couple and not had a tragic death scene splitting them apart

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i like the fanart

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I have not seen promare, but

DisDisDis posted:

i like the fanart

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

I was not expecting that punchline, but I definitely should have been.

If I were a vampire, it seems like spreading stories about garlic being repulsive or toxic to vampires would be a good idea, because then when people get suspicious about my aversion to sunlight or compulsive counting of rice grains or whatever, I could avert suspicion by eating an entire bulb of roasted garlic.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
A friend clued me into Hypnosis Mic, basically cute boys doing hip-hop things. And in July there's going to be an anime about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRalkTceCXA

It's actually pretty decent stuff to listen to too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-SE6dhjAg

Archer666 fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Apr 1, 2020

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
so is there hypnosis involve

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Snooze Cruise posted:

so is there hypnosis involve

Kinda.... the plot of Hypnosis Mic:

quote:

After war, women have taken over ruling politics in the Chuo ward and have banned and destroyed weapons. This has caused men to fight through rap battles using Hypnosis Mics, which can be used to affect people's sympathetic nerves and influence their thought process. However, the legendary rap group, The Dirty Dawg, has split up into four groups, each representing a division of Tokyo, Japan and engaging in territorial battles using words and the Hypnosis Mics.

Its kinda like vocaloid though, so most "plot" things are told through songs, albums, side material like manga and now the anime.

Hilariously I first learned about this stuff because there was this one meme where a Hypnosis Mic cosplayer tossed a mentos into a coke bottle in his living room and quickly tried to drink the result before it ruined his table:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GUUMDeTXzs

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ah, it's easy R's boyfriend

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
what faction represents the drones and what faction represents bimbofication?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
So they're like changing people's minds using words and arguments...

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Whens the simuwatch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's idol related so i'm sure it goes in the weekend idolw@tch