Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Corla Plankun posted:

I don't even know what I would do with all of those buttons and lights but that looks soothing af

you don't do anything with them, mother responds to voice commands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I haven't been able to have a proper sleep without waking up every 2 hours in like 3 weeks lol

Methanar fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Apr 1, 2020

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Methanar posted:

I haven't been able to have a proper sleep without waking up every 2 days in like 3 weeks lol

Masturbate furiously

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

DuckConference posted:

a healthy person has an extremely low chance of having any issues from it, which is why the handful of cases where this happens have gotten a lot of media attention.

one of the big factors appears to be people living by themselves or otherwise quarantining themselves in isolation when they develop any symptoms

the thinking is that both in general and esp with this, ARDS can come on or worsen quite quickly and you really need someone else there to recognize that you need to go to the hospital for lifesaving intervention

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

ambient oatmeal posted:

Masturbate furiously

This but unironically

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
https://www.thecragandcanyon.ca/news/local-news/unemployment-at-85-per-cent-as-thousands-laid-off-in-bow-valley
Banff unemployment at 85 per cent as thousands laid off in Bow Valley

How do you even continue to exist as a town at 85% unemployment.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Wonder if they’ll finally be able to find/afford housing for seasonal workers this year

Then again they probably don’t need 90% of them anymore

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

syntaxrigger posted:

This but unironically

I never suggest masturbation in jest

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

ambient oatmeal posted:

I never suggest masturbation in jest

Onan O'Brien has logged on

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
password expired today.

that means I'm 3/4 of the way to my RSU cliff

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

pointsofdata posted:

my coronovirus experience is not being able to go home, someone sending my post from home, then discovering i owe an additional 5k in tax. thanks crow virus!

the inland revenue department sent me a text message AND an email saying: “MOO COW, WE HAVE AN IMPORTANT LETTER IN YOUR [online portal]. LOG IN TO READ AND ARRANGE A PAYMENT PLAN”. but I can’t log in because it website is overloaded lol suck it IRD.

a bit worried about why I have a bill as I’m PAYE...

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

IS IT A TRAP???!

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

they just made it so we can't leave the state without entering into quarantine for two weeks when we come back. guess i'm not going to mass or nh anytime soon

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

qirex posted:

after 4 weeks of quarantine I finally have my home workstation set up how I like

I also work and post from inside your mother

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3918903&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post503764241

I don't know what's going on but the forums are probably dying. what is yospos' posting continuity plan. I don't want to lose the funy computer clique

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Methanar posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3918903&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post503764241

I don't know what's going on but the forums are probably dying. what is yospos' posting continuity plan. I don't want to lose the funy computer clique

still not 100% sure if this is or is not a joke but don't trust anything you hear about it until tomorrow. anything that appears to happen on the forums can be instantly reversed, including permabans

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

it's a lovely april fools m8

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Methanar posted:

look at a calendar.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

anything that appears to happen on the forums can be instantly reversed

yeah we'll just restore from backups :xd:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

President Beep posted:

i don’t give large fucks about myself but it would suck for my wife and kids if i keeled over.

yeah man :(

Kazinsal posted:

honestly I'd rather staring down the post-apocalyptic barrel of some nazi's shotgun than the wu tang flu

coronavirus is basically a random chance to get loving murdered by an illness that the world could have stopped from getting to this point. at least if I say the right words then a nazi is going to give me a few seconds to make peace with jesus and accept my fate.

i’ve squirrelled away a lethal amount of morphine because i don’t want to suffer to death lol

qirex posted:

after 4 weeks of quarantine I finally have my home workstation set up how I like

what’s this from

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

echinopsis posted:

what’s this from

:catstare:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

echinopsis posted:

i’ve squirrelled away a lethal amount of morphine because i don’t want to suffer to death lol

what’s this from

it's from Alien. come the gently caress on dude

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

im so mad rn

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

it's from Alien. come the gently caress on dude

nah man, that’s obviously Connery so it has to be outland

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Some day I really do expect these forums to disappear and that will be a sad day

It hasn't happened in the 17 years I've been posting here, but I still imagine it will happen some day

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

pros: i wont have to read you're psotnig
cons: you wont get to read mine

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

sa has been a part of my daily life in one form or another for nearly 2 decades and typing that out makes me want to self harm

not really, real self harm is not a joke, stay safe goons

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

rotor posted:

im so mad rn

I lol’d 2001 times

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

the yospos failsafe is Google+

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

goddammit

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

rotor posted:

im so mad rn

once i was hanging out with the high school kids i volunteer with (robotics team) and they were talking about their favorite science fiction movies and i brought up alien

at first they all just stared blankly

then one said "ohh right it's that really old one with the bad special effects"

shook my head so drat hard

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

also to them "the old star trek" is voyager

and the star wars prequels came out before they were born

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

one of the moms made cookies shaped like star trek stuff because of course all the parents are dorks too but not a single person under the age of 30 recognized the klingon insignia

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
Just thinking about the new Star Trek series is enough to make me mad. :bahgawd:

What if Star Trek, but we ignore the fundamental concepts of the series?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

TerminalRaptor posted:

Just thinking about the new Star Trek series is enough to make me mad. :bahgawd:

What if Star Trek, but we ignore the fundamental concepts of the series?

yes how crazy would it be if they did one where the whole series isn't even on a frontier exploration ship and everyone actually uses money to exchange for goods and services

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
work sux

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yes how crazy would it be if they did one where the whole series isn't even on a frontier exploration ship and everyone actually uses money to exchange for goods and services

to be fair the defiant is a loving dank rear end hella cool ship

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

echinopsis posted:

what’s this from

it's okay dude, my initial reaction was Dark Star

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah they figured out that being a space truck stop was lame as poo poo so the writers gave them a sweet ship to compensate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Jonny 290 posted:

it's a tough little ship