Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Every day is a small victory so I deserve a victory drink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

A slab of beer? Also sounds like he needs to be more thrifty and start making bathtub gin like our grandparent's generation.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

there wolf posted:

A slab of beer? Also sounds like he needs to be more thrifty and start making bathtub gin like our grandparent's generation.

The actual limit is:

* 2 cases of 24 beers or pre-mixed drinks each
* 12 bottles of wine
* 2 bottles of spirits

Two categories at a time, per person per day. The only way that'll be a problem for you is if you're literally drinking two bottles of whiskey a day, every day.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Again, my impression is this will be a real problem for the average Australian.

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I've averaged just about 700 mL per day since the lockdown hit, so

That's only about 15 shots per day, not bad, not great.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Ugly In The Morning posted:

My all-time high scoring patient was up to 2L of vodka on an average day.

:stonk:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/Cloudflare/status/1245335359413719041

So what does Cloudflare class as family-friendly? I'm glad you asked.

https://twitter.com/shrcksu/status/1245384555823054857
https://twitter.com/shrcksu/status/1245394524018524163

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/bertkreischer/status/1245441448440246272

gently caress's sake lad, there's April Fools jokes that don't hurt anyone and then there's April Fool's jokes that get people to go out and stock up on a medication that's being taken off shelves because it causes cancer.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/The_OJSimpson32/status/1245490131584286722

UNPLUG THE loving SIMULATION ALREADY

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

That's not his real one.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Skwirl posted:

That's not his real one.

God dammit :cripes: I'm the IOSM

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I thought that one was confirmed to be his?

https://twitter.com/the_ojsimpson32/status/1236069052516360192?s=21

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

please help my family is dying

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Oh poo poo, I guess I'm the IOSM.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Memento posted:

https://twitter.com/bertkreischer/status/1245441448440246272

gently caress's sake lad, there's April Fools jokes that don't hurt anyone and then there's April Fool's jokes that get people to go out and stock up on a medication that's being taken off shelves because it causes cancer.

lol that guy was on an episode of the dollop and was the worst guest they've had

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

From a friend using POF:

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Skwirl posted:

Oh poo poo, I guess I'm the IOSM.

No, the real OJ Simpson is @TheRealOJ32.

At least based on follower counts, as neither has a drat check mark.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

blast0rama posted:

No, the real OJ Simpson is @TheRealOJ32.

At least based on follower counts, as neither has a drat check mark.

Guy has a problem with getting legally verified as what he actually is.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have that twitter thread where a bunch of Thomas the tank engine fans show up and everyone else is just totally baffled? I keep laughing thinking about it but I can’t find it

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

chitoryu12 posted:

From a friend using POF:

"What kind of America do we live in where supporting the president is an automatic disqualifier?"

The America where the president's party literally wishes I were dead, and is using the Covid confusion to pass discriminatory laws.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/JayCarney/status/1245552664244621312

:qq: Why won't they be nice to me I'm just representing a piece of poo poo doing piece of poo poo things! :qq:

Getting eviscerated in the responses. Some choice takes:

https://twitter.com/libbycwatson/status/1245578102413000704

https://twitter.com/christapeterso/status/1245584824582025216

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/1245563453034639360

And then this got dug up:
https://twitter.com/mat/status/1245556291273031683

https://twitter.com/scottlucas/status/1227051153596137472

Just absolute garbage trash.

Absurd Alhazred has a new favorite as of 07:28 on Apr 2, 2020

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

You get social credit by not selling out bud, hope the new furniture and stock options is worth being a loving traitor to humanity.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Make sure to give us an update in 6 to 14 days.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

T-man posted:

You get social credit by not selling out bud, hope the new furniture and stock options is worth being a loving traitor to humanity.

All criticism is now an ad hominem attack apparently

Also, I wrestled for a long while with the previous guy's high horse of "we should be able to disagree about politics and still get along personally, haha look at Arnold Schwarzenegger and his wife", like that was a signifier of personal maturity or something.

I'm pretty much done with it, since politics are absolutely not just a sports team preference, and anyone who thinks of politics in those terms is at BEST not taking it seriously enough to acknowledge that it literally means life and death for lots of people, and at worst is being a disingenuous monster who just wants to get laid without having to stop being a monster.

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

I also have a sneaking suspicion that it's mainly conservatives saying you should be able to get along regardless of politics, not liberals.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dynastocles posted:

I also have a sneaking suspicion that it's mainly conservatives saying you should be able to get along regardless of politics, not liberals.

Conservatives complain about being alienated from their families over politics all the time, and whenever there’s a news story about how liberals won’t be friends with or date them, they use it as proof that libs hate anyone different than them. It definitely occurs on both sides of the aisle.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Henchman of Santa posted:

Conservatives complain about being alienated from their families over politics all the time, and whenever there’s a news story about how liberals won’t be friends with or date them, they use it as proof that libs hate anyone different than them. It definitely occurs on both sides of the aisle.

But with very different characteristics, right? That's kind of the crux of it

Conservatives who won't be friends with liberals do it because they think the liberals are immoral or shrill.

Liberals who won't be friends with conservatives do it because they think the conservatives are destroying the world and killing people.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Data Graham posted:

All criticism is now an ad hominem attack apparently

I see you’ve been arguing with Libertarians online.

You two named the same group.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Data Graham posted:

But with very different characteristics, right? That's kind of the crux of it

Conservatives who won't be friends with liberals do it because they think the liberals are immoral or shrill.

Liberals who won't be friends with conservatives do it because they think the conservatives are destroying the world and killing people.

Sure, I’m just saying “we all should be able to get along!” isn’t a liberal or conservative argument, it’s an argument made by people who are too rich for it to matter.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Data Graham posted:

I'm pretty much done with it, since politics are absolutely not just a sports team preference, and anyone who thinks of politics in those terms is at BEST not taking it seriously enough to acknowledge that it literally means life and death for lots of people, and at worst is being a disingenuous monster who just wants to get laid without having to stop being a monster.

I mean, to an extent. Sometimes I can respect that some people genuinely mean the best for others, but we just disagree about how to get it done, in that regard we can disagree about politics and still get along, because I accept that their heart is in the right place even if their brain isn't.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Sure, I’m just saying “we all should be able to get along!” isn’t a liberal or conservative argument, it’s an argument made by people who are too rich for it to matter.

Definitely this. All those example couples you hear about where they're happily married despite opposed political beliefs (like Kellyanne Conway and her husband the ardent Never-Trumper, for example) are almost always insanely rich, privileged people for whom politics really is a team sport because both teams are ultimately working to benefit the rich, so they can have polite disagreements over whether or not people of colour deserve to live and then go back to enjoying their bipartisan tax cuts. For the rest of us, who see the enormous damage politics wreaks on ordinary communities, it's much harder to get along with people whose political views often boil down to "I wish you were dead".

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

vyelkin posted:

Definitely this. All those example couples you hear about where they're happily married despite opposed political beliefs (like Kellyanne Conway and her husband the ardent Never-Trumper, for example) are almost always insanely rich, privileged people for whom politics really is a team sport because both teams are ultimately working to benefit the rich, so they can have polite disagreements over whether or not people of colour deserve to live and then go back to enjoying their bipartisan tax cuts. For the rest of us, who see the enormous damage politics wreaks on ordinary communities, it's much harder to get along with people whose political views often boil down to "I wish you were dead".

It seems more 50/50 to me. 50% "wish you were dead" and 50% "I wish for you to give me all your money, then maybe die or get more money to give to me"

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
You can find people with different politics at all income levels, they just don't get fawning media coverage over how mature they are about it. One of the consistent splits in left/right politics is gender after all.

Lack of political power and agency also makes politics into a luxury for other people to worry about, and the country is full of people just getting by enough that they aren't willing to start fights with family and neighbors they rely on over political issues. If you're seeing less and less tolerance for that stuff, it's because people are getting more desperate and the right has engendered a cult of lunatics who cannot shut the gently caress up about their politics so people cannot ignore it.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

quote:

Wired:

Yet they still can't find Tanelorn

Songbearer has a new favorite as of 16:48 on Apr 2, 2020

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

:psyduck: