Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Jets should sign Logan Ryan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Aluminum sharpens aluminum.

https://twitter.com/thebillswire/status/1244292598589730818?s=21

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed
This is how Darnold got mono in the first place, did they learn NOTHING!?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They are all 100% going to give each other COVID 19.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Horse Inspector posted:

This is how Darnold got mono in the first place, did they learn NOTHING!?

Making out with Josh Allen?

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed
They're just trying to emulate Brady, maybe if they live like him they will discover the secret (the secret is cheating).

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Professor Funk posted:

Making out with Josh Allen?

You heard the man. We shaming fan fic now?! gently caress u Funk!

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

You heard the man. We shaming fan fic now?! gently caress u Funk!

I was actually getting a little hot under the collar myself :smug:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

The Never Was Bunker

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Josh Allen could do better, tbqh.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1245097099294846983

This is loving joke.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

David Fales knows the system.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
So does every defensive coordinator

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
More like David "Fales Upward"

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

There's no way he's anything more then a camp arm or practice squad guy. He was cut out of camp last season too, and then brought back in after Siemian's injury.

Hopefully they are waiting till after the draft and seeing how Newton, Winston, etc pieces fall and signing someone else.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

syzpid posted:

There's no way he's anything more then a camp arm or practice squad guy. He was cut out of camp last season too, and then brought back in after Siemian's injury.

Hopefully they are waiting till after the draft and seeing how Newton, Winston, etc pieces fall and signing someone else.

He was the backup QB for half the year this year. If he's not, I will admit I was wrong but the idea that this stiff gets a roster spot ensuring they will be completely helpless again if Sam ever got hurt because he's Gase's pal is just a joke. The fact that Douglas is allowing it makes me think that hiring him was a mistake.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Man, what an inspiring video

https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/1245449826730459136?s=20

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

god you just know he and saban are having the time of their lives doing nothing but watching tape for months

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Belichick probably has a bunch of infected chinese slaves hanging out outside every Pats player's house threatening to cough on them if they don't send him workout videos.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Raku posted:

god you just know he and saban are having the time of their lives doing nothing but watching tape for months

saban would way rather be crootin but i think he’s made his peace

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Draft guys lately floating Lamb being the Jets target assuming Wirfs and Wills are gone. Worth watching. I still think they go OT unless all 4 are gone.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

Draft guys lately floating Lamb being the Jets target assuming Wirfs and Wills are gone. Worth watching. I still think they go OT unless all 4 are gone.

I saw Matt Miller said Lamb was the #1 receiver on their board. Assuming that's true (I don't trust Miller that much), I'm still not convinced Douglas would take a WR there if all 4 OTs are gone and he can't trade down. I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be shocked if he took Chaisson or CJ Henderson in that scenario given the depth of the WR class and the relative lack of depth at CB and especially EDGE.

I think one of the top 4 OTs will be there at 11, though. The Giants are gonna take Simmons, and Herbert/Tua will both go in the top 10. I do think there is some merit to taking a top WR over the #3 or #4 OT.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Apr 6, 2020

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hey look what golf course Brady just joined!

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2020/04/05/tampa-bay-buccaneers-tom-brady-seminole-golf-club/

Kinda sad i no longer work across the street!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

thank you god for hopefully saving me from another jets season this year.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I go on to Davis Island like 3 times a week so hopefully I’ll get to flip Thomas the bird someday.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Jeremiah has the Jets taking Lamb in his latest mock. I feel like he is one of the most clued in guys out there, so I put more stock in his mocks than others as to players teams are interested in. Maybe there are actually lot of people in that building pushing for a WR over the #3 or 4 OT.

Also has the Dolphins taking Herbert with Tua on the board. (And Isaiah Simmons to the Browns which is definitely not the traditional wisdom.)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108489/article/daniel-jeremiah-2020-nfl-mock-draft-30-packers-pick-a-qb

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 7, 2020

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

Also has the Dolphins taking Herbert with Tua on the board.

God I hope there's a fire on the other end of this smoke.

Dolfans, think of the fun we could have together with our toolsy QBs!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Professor Funk posted:

Jeremiah has the Jets taking Lamb in his latest mock. I feel like he is one of the most clued in guys out there, so I put more stock in his mocks than others as to players teams are interested in. Maybe there are actually lot of people in that building pushing for a WR over the #3 or 4 OT.

Also has the Dolphins taking Herbert with Tua on the board.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108489/article/daniel-jeremiah-2020-nfl-mock-draft-30-packers-pick-a-qb

You can sort of see the logic. If you think that Wirfs is going to settle at G or RT you might prefer get an absolute beast at receiver and a raw but coachable OT. I wonder how much they'll try and move? If Wirfs is the last of the big tackles on the board they could happily drop into the teens and go for whichever of Ruggs Jeudy and Lamb is left.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

fsif posted:

:smith:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

fsif posted:

In the nicest possible way, I hate you so much right now.

Everything I've seen about Herbert suggests that he is Ryan Tannehill, which would be fine(ish) if we hadn't just junked Tannehill.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

tarbrush posted:

You can sort of see the logic. If you think that Wirfs is going to settle at G or RT you might prefer get an absolute beast at receiver and a raw but coachable OT. I wonder how much they'll try and move? If Wirfs is the last of the big tackles on the board they could happily drop into the teens and go for whichever of Ruggs Jeudy and Lamb is left.

No, I don't hate it at all. I think my personal board is: 1. Wills 2. Wirfs 3. Lamb 4. Thomas = Jeudy 5. Becton 6. Ruggs. I'll cop to not watching as much of Ruggs so maybe I'm underrating him.

Douglas learned for 15 years under Ozzie Newsome, so we know he's going to try to move around a bit. I've been seeing a lot of people speculating that they will draft one of the big 3 WRs and then try to move in to the back end of the 1st round to take Austin Jackson or Josh Jones or someone like that (though both might go way too early). I do think there is decent depth to this OT class where they could take someone like Cleveland, Niang, etc. without sacrificing a pick, but I can't say I'd be upset with them taking two swings in the 1st round.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Is Daniel Jeremiah connected at all?

Does Gil Brandt still have much insider info right before the draft? I know he used to get all the top stuff 3-4 days before

But god have mercy no no no not Hubert please don’t let this all be true

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

I can't remember who said it (maybe one of the Bleacher Report guys), but they said whenever Jeremiah switches a team's pick close to the draft, pay close attention to it because he usually is very well clued in and knows where things are trending in the building. Obviously that doesn't mean he is right 100% of the time, but he's definitely well respected and well connected.

Edit: And yeah, per Diva I forgot Jeremiah is close to Douglas. It was rumored Douglas even wanted him to be involved in the front office at one point (he talked to McShay about it too apparently, lol).

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 7, 2020

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

1. Wills
2. Wirfs
3. Thomas
4. Becton

I can’t imagine Okudah falling to 11 and I can pretty much be talked into taking one of Lamb/Jeudy over Becton, but otherwise that’s my list. Jeremiah is very close to Douglas but thats more likely to result in him putting out smoke for him rather than leaking draft boards.

Speaking of that, Manish put out a reasonable piece on the Browns/Ravens/Ozzie system he’s running.

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/1247542925531271168

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

Does Gil Brandt still have much insider info right before the draft? I know he used to get all the top stuff 3-4 days before

But god have mercy no no no not Hubert please don’t let this all be true

Yeah fairly certain Jeremiah is very well connected. He's pretty much the heir apparent to the Mike Mayock throne.

But that said, if Miami is putting out a smokescreen, there's no particular reason to think he's immune to it. Just went to his mock in 2018 and he got all the QBs wrong.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
The counterpoint is that I believe that all the Herbert talk is a smokescreen chiefly because I really want it to be a smokescreen

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

From a non-trolling perspective, it feels like Miami is actively trying to cloak their intentions. It was only a week ago they floated the possibility of dealing a king's ransom for Burrow.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

fsif posted:

From a non-trolling perspective, it feels like Miami is actively trying to cloak their intentions. It was only a week ago they floated the possibility of dealing a king's ransom for Burrow.

we’ll do whatever the dumbest thing possible is

we’ll trade to 2 for Herbert or something

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Ehud posted:

we’ll do whatever the dumbest thing possible is

we’ll trade to 2 for Herbert or something

This regime has credit in the bank. The best way to lose that is a bunch of trades up for bullshit reaches. Or even just staying put and reaching. If they get a good QB at 5 and literally just take the best talent at every other pick I'd be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

torgeaux posted:

This regime has credit in the bank.

I’m apparently the only dolphin fan on earth who disagrees with this :shrug: