Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

priznat posted:

I like em warmed up though!

That's fine, just stop combining the "un-thawing" and "warming" steps in a microwave. Anything more than like 10 seconds in the microwave makes them lovely. Toaster oven recommendation is probably legit but, really, you should just take out one of the sub packages a day ahead of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Cool I will try it out in a two step process

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Costco posted:

Please note: Starting Friday 4/3/20, Costco will allow no more than two people to enter the warehouse with each membership card. This temporary change is for your safety and the safety of our employees and other members, and to further assist with our social distancing efforts. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

I went in yesterday at about 3PM and it was eerie . Could park right up at the front of the store. The whole place smelled like Clorox. Hardly anyone at the store at all and no line.

Maybe I'm part of the problem. Just went in for groceries and dog food and got out quick. Should be set now for a few weeks at least. Wonder how low gas prices at Costco will get now that oil is tanking.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Made the trek out this morning to the Covington, WA Costco and arrived about 8:20. Knew senior day was Tues/Thurs, so had planned for Wednesday and wanted to be plenty early in case there was a line/crowd. Apparently Wednesday from 8-9 is Costco employee shopping hours (which is super cool, I’m glad they do that, just had no idea that was the case). There weren’t many employees shopping so they let the regular people in too, which was really nice of them.

Got almost everything on my list. No TP (sigh- the checker told me it’s usually gone within an hour of opening, so to try coming Friday or Monday at 9-9:15. Opening is at 10, they’ve been opening 15-20 minutes early at 9:40 or so according to her). Only other thing I missed was taco seasoning, that apparently ran out yesterday. They did have paper towels which was nice, and even had Clorox wipes which I couldn’t believe. Grabbed one of those- they were gone by the time I checked out at 9:00. Plenty of meat products and the rest of my essentials. If I can snag TP on Friday I’ll be set for all of April.

Overall, nowhere near as bad a trip as I expected. I went out of my way to thank every staff member I saw. They said people have been pretty decent to them, which is good to hear. Did not get communion today :(

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Did you at least get an oil grape?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Wonder how low gas prices at Costco will get now that oil is tanking.

It's down to $2.40/gallon at my local, which is almost a dollar lower than it was 6 weeks ago.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

binge crotching posted:

It's down to $2.40/gallon at my local, which is almost a dollar lower than it was 6 weeks ago.

oh, you're paying too much for gas, man, who's your gas guy?

paid $1.29 yesterday, it's down to $1.25 at the other one in town

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

^^^ - California, home of punitive and regressive taxation against inelastic demand items in the name of environmentalism.

binge crotching posted:

Same. I bought 2 gallons of gas because might as well, even though that's all I could fit because I'm not really driving anywhere.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lol its still $3.00 here in LA.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

FogHelmut posted:

^^^ - California, home of punitive and regressive taxation against inelastic demand items in the name of environmentalism.

Your gas tax is still too low. Hawaii is the only state that even comes close to charging the people that use the roads what it costs to maintain the roads.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MisterOblivious posted:

Your gas tax is still too low. Hawaii is the only state that even comes close to charging the people that use the roads what it costs to maintain the roads.

I shouldn't have to say this but the Gas tax hurts the poor and lower middle class the most. It isn't even a remotely fair tax.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Back to basics, dogs and soft serve only:

Everything else was fully stocked and they were limiting customers to 250 in the store at once so it was a peaceful shop

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

large hands posted:

Everything else was fully stocked and they were limiting customers to 250 in the store at once so it was a peaceful shop

Is that poco? You’re lower mainland right

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

To all you folks who're stocking up on cheap gas at the moment, it may be a good idea to put some fuel stabilizer in those tanks if you're not really using them much.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

large hands posted:

you can still get the polish wtf???

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

priznat posted:

Is that poco? You’re lower mainland right

Victoria

Chinatown posted:

Yeah and poutine, and strips and fries :canada:

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
And chicken wings! And seafood chowder! We don't have any of those stateside. :canada:

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

AF posted:

And chicken wings! And seafood chowder! We don't have any of those stateside. :canada:

The chowder must be new because I don't remember seeing it before

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Anyone else grab that low country boil? never saw it before and i grabbed one, haven't tried it yet though.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Should limit it to one, two person teams with two carts (which I absolutely saw today) are just hoarding anyway.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

BaseballPCHiker posted:

I went in yesterday at about 3PM and it was eerie . Could park right up at the front of the store. The whole place smelled like Clorox. Hardly anyone at the store at all and no line.

Maybe I'm part of the problem. Just went in for groceries and dog food and got out quick. Should be set now for a few weeks at least. Wonder how low gas prices at Costco will get now that oil is tanking.

I think as long as you're not trying to get TP or other high demand items you go in the afternoon and there's no crowd because everyone else is going at 10-12 in the morning trying to get that stuff.

I went at 11 AM today and it was very busy but not insane. Only thing I got though that they'd possibly run out of was eggs which I don't care that much about so if I'd have thought about it I would have waited until 3 or so.

There's still a lady standing inside the store with a spray bottle of something and a dirty rear end rag. No thanks, lady, I got wipes.

Other change was the addition of the plexiglass shields around the registers. I know from this thread to just hold up my card rather than put it on the conveyor belt or try to hand it to them.

They have marks on the floor now in front of the registers to enforce social distancing and the person that is now there to unload your cart for you (which was awesome) explains it to you as you approach the register.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Whenever I see the menu at Canadian Costcos I just realize that somehow Church could get better than I already realize it is.

Apparently Heaven even has its own heaven.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Paul MaudDib posted:

oh, you're paying too much for gas, man, who's your gas guy?

paid $1.29 yesterday, it's down to $1.25 at the other one in town

Seattle, so yeah super high gas taxes. My mom just moved to San Antonio, and she couldn't believe how cheap gas was.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

bird with big dick posted:

I think as long as you're not trying to get TP or other high demand items you go in the afternoon and there's no crowd because everyone else is going at 10-12 in the morning trying to get that stuff.

I went at 11 AM today and it was very busy but not insane. Only thing I got though that they'd possibly run out of was eggs which I don't care that much about so if I'd have thought about it I would have waited until 3 or so.

that seems to be the case in my neck of the woods too. a friend who works at a big grocery store here said it's dead after 5:30 or so since there's no more after work rush.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
ayo any canucks want to mail me some of that poutine

I'll send you whatever overrated poo poo we got that you covet for some reason

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
New limits a'comin'.

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/costco-to-limit-number-of-people-in-stores

quote:

Starting this Friday, Costco says only two people will be allowed in their warehouses with each membership card.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
People don't seem to realize their six loving kids are basically professional plague spreaders even if the parents are staying six feet away from other adults. I'm glad Church is being proactive about this.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

jeeves posted:

Whenever I see the menu at Canadian Costcos I just realize that somehow Church could get better than I already realize it is.

Apparently Heaven even has its own heaven.
A

And with the oil backed loonie plummeting in value, that hot dog and pop costs exactly $1.06 USD

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

ayo any canucks want to mail me some of that poutine

I'll send you whatever overrated poo poo we got that you covet for some reason

you want poutine? Costco provided for us today:

9lbs of fries, 2lbs of curds and 2 years gravy supply, gently caress you quarantine

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

large hands posted:

9lbs of fries, 2lbs of curds and 2 years gravy supply, gently caress you quarantine

Oh man, now that looks like a party...

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Northern NJ goon here, the Teterboro Costco had an extremely long line to get in around 1 pm which I immediately noped out of, while the Business Center just 5 minutes away in Hackensack had no lines whatsoever. Cleaning products wiped out, but other than that, everything was normal. Unfortunately, the business center food court was completely closed so I couldn't get communion.

Parking lot was littered with disposable gloves though. People are disgusting.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

jeeves posted:

People don't seem to realize their six loving kids are basically professional plague spreaders even if the parents are staying six feet away from other adults. I'm glad Church is being proactive about this.

Still gonna gently caress over a lot of parents who can't do any shopping now since their kids aren't in school during the daytime.

I would not envy being a door person trying to enforce this

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Chinatown posted:

also 12.99 for a whole pizza wtf is this trash

astral
Apr 26, 2004

MageMage posted:

also 12.99 for a whole pizza wtf is this trash

~9.20 USD

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

large hands posted:

That’s dinner for one. What are you eating the rest of the week?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

large hands posted:

that looks like work to me

if you made me make my own dog I would stop at the hot dog packaging before deciding to breathe corona air to get a burrito

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

though if you send me that in a styro fridge I'd be compelled to try

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

FCKGW posted:

Still gonna gently caress over a lot of parents who can't do any shopping now since their kids aren't in school during the daytime.

I would not envy being a door person trying to enforce this

Send one parent.

Have the older kid baby sit the younger kid in the car.

I guess if you're a single parent with like two kids under 6 and no external family to help it's a bad situation but I doubt this describes a whole lot of people with costco memberships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Cuban sandwich with costco pork shoulder, costco mastercarve ham, and costco artisan rolls. Roasted the pork in a mojo marinade.

pbuc