Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Midjack posted:

yeah they figured out that being a space truck stop was lame as poo poo so the writers gave them a sweet ship to compensate.

uh one of my favorite things is wasting an hour in a stuckey's and having a galactic truck stop is an amazing place that i would be happy to live on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
deep space nine: all of the species diversity that the """outposts""" in star wars dream of having, none of the jizz

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

deep space nine: all of the species diversity that the """outposts""" in star wars dream of having, none of the jizz

this is 100% accurate.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
ds9 was less "truck stop in space" and more "gunsmoke in space" (frontier community, every week a stranger would come to town, trouble would ensue, and the issue would be resolved and the status quo reestablished in time for the closing credits) - at least for the first several seasons

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Midjack posted:

Dark Star

i need to add that song to my commute playlist

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FMguru posted:

ds9 was less "truck stop in space" and more "gunsmoke in space" (frontier community, every week a stranger would come to town, trouble would ensue, and the issue would be resolved and the status quo reestablished in time for the closing credits) - at least for the first several seasons

i mean it has a scene where a liquid metal changeling alludes to how he tried to eat food once, and 'the results were disastrous'

they got closer to actual trek universe poopchat than any other series

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Jonny 290 posted:

i mean it has a scene where a liquid metal changeling alludes to how he tried to eat food once, and 'the results were disastrous'

they got closer to actual trek universe poopchat than any other series

lol. good thing odo has that bucket.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

President Beep posted:

lol. good thing odo has that bucket.

"time to regenerate" oh gently caress i forgot to dump it out first

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

he's so grumpy because after that everyone called him "odor"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

President Beep posted:

he's so grumpy because after that everyone called him "odor"

gently caress lmao

MAN THAT TACO NIGHT REALLY SINGED OFF YOUR EYEBROWS EH OLD MAN

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
also ds9 is the best because it literally has an entire episode focused on angry disgruntled laborers threatening to unionize

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx-pEArlNDU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the main thing that star trek is missing is space fighters.

everything is a big heavy ship and it's all the battle of trafalgar in space, while star wars is fighters and bombers and the battle of britain in space.

of course the best representation of space fighters remains battlestar galactica, which is the battle of midway in space, but the rest of that show sucks

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

the main thing that star trek is missing is space fighters.

everything is a big heavy ship and it's all the battle of trafalgar in space, while star wars is fighters and bombers and the battle of britain in space.

of course the best representation of space fighters remains battlestar galactica, which is the battle of midway in space, but the rest of that show sucks

i don't think i'd like star trek with little zoomie shootie ships. :colbert:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Jonny 290 posted:

uh one of my favorite things is wasting an hour in a stuckey's and having a galactic truck stop is an amazing place that i would be happy to live on

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

star trek beyond had a lot of small ships

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

whole lot of nerd chat in this thread about computer touchers working from home

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I don’t know how much longer I can take of the regular on-prem folks at work organizing endless after-hours socializing activities like watching cooking shows as groups and signalling strong and loud that my regular way of life is a catastrophic predicament that requires constant support for them.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it's a tough little ship

little!?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Jonny 290 posted:

also ds9 is the best because it literally has an entire episode focused on angry disgruntled laborers threatening to unionize

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx-pEArlNDU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obfICGrRBJ4

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

discussing covid 19 over a nice root beer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VhSm6G7cVk

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
I'm amazed how well DS9 has aged.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

it’s in the future tho!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

root beer is the finest of sodas

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
*sidles up to spacebar*

sassparilly

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

TerminalRaptor posted:

I'm amazed how well DS9 has aged.

its really well written. its also pretty well shot

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Methanar posted:

I haven't been able to have a proper sleep without waking up every 2 hours in like 3 weeks lol

i'm not that bad yet but i have noticed my sleep getting more fitful and my dreams more weird and remembering more of them lately

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i had a dream that the 13 year old kid next door broke into my house and stole all my booze.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Sagebrush posted:

i had a dream that the 13 year old kid next door broke into my house and stole all my booze.

that was me. sorry gramps

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

*hrrrm* 'time to take the kids to the me'

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

drat that’s a good scene

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

first round of data on general population prevalence of antibodies to sars-2-cov

quote:

(April 1, 2020) -- San Miguel County, CO -- San Miguel County Public Health officials announced today that less than 1 percent of the COVID-19 blood tests done last Thursday and Friday were positive for antibodies and 97% of these groups tested negative.

The county appears to include the town of telluride, and not a whole lot else.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

very cool

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
In some sense we were hoping for the opposite result - that a whole bunch of people had it and developed antibodies/immunity but were asymptomatic.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

everyone’s gonna die

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
yeah rip

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
work status: I’m now officially in charge of a million dollar project, which is fun. I also pressed them on a raise because that’s a lot of new responsibility and they said they were already working on giving me one so hopefully it is what I asked for a month ago.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

ShadowHawk posted:

In some sense we were hoping for the opposite result - that a whole bunch of people had it and developed antibodies/immunity but were asymptomatic.

yes, but it's pretty much the middle of nowhere. results from seattle/bay area/nyc will be a lot more interesting

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Isn't Iceland doing a comprehensive test campaign ?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

dun know I’ll go ask ‘em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Stereotype posted:

work status: I’m now officially in charge of a million dollar project, which is fun. I also pressed them on a raise because that’s a lot of new responsibility and they said they were already working on giving me one so hopefully it is what I asked for a month ago.

Congrats and condolences.