Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Thursday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
:toot:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
gently caress i thought it was wednesday

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

the days,,,, are meaningless. time meaningless. there is only wfh. and there is only microsoft teams.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
if i had known i was going to be wfh for the rest of the year i probably would have stayed at my slack-using job instead of switching to a teams-using one. this poo poo sucks

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
we use both slack and teams but for some reason IT has not deployed slack-teams integration yet

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

gently caress i thought it was wednesday

God

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
well he usually goes by woden but w/e

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

finished hl:alyx yesterday. it was extremely good and i highly recommend it if you have a vr headset

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I do not have a VR headset but the university VR lab sure isn't getting much use these days.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

they surely won't notice a headset disappearing for a few weeks

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i ordered a index but its not even shipping for like 2 months

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Corla Plankun posted:

if i had known i was going to be wfh for the rest of the year i probably would have stayed at my slack-using job instead of switching to a teams-using one. this poo poo sucks

time for shadow it

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

*sidles up to spacebar*

sassparilly

i’d watch a ds9 with a sam elliot cowboy in it

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

i’d watch a ds9 with a sam elliot cowboy in it

let me tell *you* something, pendejo. you pull any of your crazy poo poo with us, you flash a phazer on the holo-deck, I'll take it away from you, and stick it up your jefferies tube and pull the loving trigger 'til it goes "pew-pew."

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

PIZZA.BAT posted:

finished hl:alyx yesterday. it was extremely good and i highly recommend it if you have a vr headset

Agreed. Now to wait another 3 years for a AAA level VR game to come along.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

TerminalRaptor posted:

Agreed. Now to wait another 3 years for a AAA level VR game to come along.

yep :\

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

too bad that the thing that makes everybody want to stay home and play VR also destroys the supply lines necessary for people to buy VR stuff.

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

There's a great VR ant vs. VR grasshopper joke here but I'm just not clever enough

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Welp, a swab test may not find the virus even if you still have it.

https://twitter.com/pdhsu/status/1245406373547933696

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

DuckConference posted:

Welp, a swab test may not find the virus even if you still have it.

https://twitter.com/pdhsu/status/1245406373547933696

so to properly test you've gotta cum for the doctor? ok

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
if you have orange sputum please see a doctor

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

rotor posted:

if you have orange sputum please see a doctor

the problem is he has his own doctor who says he's in perfect health or something

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

trumps doctor is completely hilarious. if i was lookin to score some "painkillers" for my "back pain" that dude is 100% the guy i would go to.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

rotor posted:

trumps doctor is completely hilarious. if i was lookin to score some "painkillers" for my "back pain" that dude is 100% the guy i would go to.
if you were casting a shady doctor for better caul saul you would want them to look exactly like that dude

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

qirex posted:

if you were casting a shady doctor for better caul saul you would want them to look exactly like that dude

the sketchy guy pushing him on the anti-malaria drug being a cure looks identical to his doctor too

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

qirex posted:

looks like a character from a pynchon novel or a steely dan song

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

wow. didn't know michael savage was that kind of doctor

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
he's literally the crazy scientist from independence day

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
64 working days until my RSU cliff and I can be free.

49 if you subtract all my PTO.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the sketchy guy pushing him on the anti-malaria drug being a cure looks identical to his doctor too

3:1 odds that trump thinks it's the same guy

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
woah doc i know last time we did a hernia check so we’re basically at 2nd base but don’t try your fake french accent on me to get to 3rd

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

6:22 friday morning 😒

the sun is no longer up at this time
of year. mornings are cooling down

gently caress winter has some lame bits

have you guys seen the revenant? that looked cold

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

echinopsis posted:

have you guys seen the revenant?

no echi. you haven't pasted your webcam link yet.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PIZZA.BAT posted:

are you worried it’s going to soon not want to experience real life again

like I wonder if you ever get to the point where you’re playing vr and you need to take a poo poo and you get so pissed off that you have to leave the vr world you start to find catheterisation and a colostomy bag appealing

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

President Beep posted:

no echi. you haven't pasted your webcam link yet.

if you wanna see me get hosed by a bear visit defiled.echisdungeonandcrafts.cz.com

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

everyone on my team got an email from an admin that as of yesterday we've had video chat enabled on skype. exactly zero of our laptops have a camera

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

echinopsis posted:

are you worried it’s going to soon not want to experience real life again

like I wonder if you ever get to the point where you’re playing vr and you need to take a poo poo and you get so pissed off that you have to leave the vr world you start to find catheterisation and a colostomy bag appealing

it's definitely immersive but it also gets exhausting after an hour or two. i don't think the risk is any higher than normal video games

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah contemporary vr is not sci fi artificial reality where you could not notice yourself starving to death. it's playing video games with a thing on your head and no harder to tear yourself away from than video games without a thing on your head. just slightly more annoying practically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

echinopsis posted:

i think thats just being really into WoW