Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new Wakako-Zake

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Tondemo Skill
Looks like lizard is on the menu boys!

new Night and Noon's Delicious Time

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
:same: :yossame:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Tondemo Skill
Fenrir shows Sui the ropes vs flying enemies.

Good boy Sui is a fast learner.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
A bunch of Tea Duchess chapters dropped! Chloe introduces lootboxes...

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Do cocktails count as food? Because if so, everyone should be reading Sleepy Barmaind, which is an awesome manga about a sleepy bartender, her mobile bar, and a pet pig.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Mermaid Princess

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
necroing a thread with some very important info: a new group has started doing cooking papa! https://mangadex.org/chapter/836041/1

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Yesssss that's the first manga I read!

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

necroing a thread with some very important info: a new group has started doing cooking papa! https://mangadex.org/chapter/836041/1

Awesome, hopefully it won't taper off and no one touches it for years like the last time

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Now if someone could do Mister Ajikko, that'd be great.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

:siren: New Maiko-san :siren:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I love how Riko could tell the wobbly girl was Kiyo

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

to post the news here:

and also, new Maiko-san

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Latest chapter of Tea Duchess is really cute :kimchi:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Huzzah! posted:

to post the news here:

and also, new Maiko-san

OHohoho

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

New chapter of Samenai Machi no Kissaten?! :woop:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Dannnng it's been two years since that updated.

Here's a new chapter of Our Lives After the Apocalypse: https://mangadex.org/chapter/861964/1

more people need to read this with me please

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I am reading it!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I could use some recommendations, because I love absolutely over-the-top food battle properties. I've bogged down in the Shokugeki no Soma anime (partially the pacing, partially the Crunchyroll app serving me ads that freeze), recently finished Yakitate Japan after forgetting it existed for several years, and am currently reading Golden Kamuy and Dungeon Meshi, both of which I like a little more for the plot than the food.

Toriko failed to grab me after like ten episodes, but I might give it a shot again with the manga.

Y'all did remind me that Iron Wok Jan exists, though. I had the first volume of that and could never find more, I suppose now's a good time to pick it back up.

Any others y'all might recommend?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Chuuka Ichiban and its ongoing sequel Shin Chuuka Ichiban fit the bill.

There's also Nobunaga no Chef and Hell's Kitchen, the latter which is done but kind of ends abruptly, but it is over the top for sure.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
There's a new chapter of
Tonari wa Nani o Kuu Hito zo - Horoyoi

Girl's drinking party is fun.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

New Tondemo. Time to take a bath!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Tea Duchess did it. She finally did it. Her tea room opened.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Samenai Machi

Book Witch is my new favorite character

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

And more Samenai Machi
A hint of Suzume's life outside the dreamworld. Also a tasty parfait.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Maiko-san

two new Samenai Machi

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'm so glad that Samenai got picked up again. And that chapter of Maiko-san was really sweet.

I've been cooking a lot during lockdown; stuff like banana bread, pizza, pasta, street corn, tacos...

What have y'all been making?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I found a new series. A math prodigy uses his knowledge to cook great food. https://mangadex.org/title/38296

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Compendium posted:

I've been cooking a lot during lockdown; stuff like banana bread, pizza, pasta, street corn, tacos...

What have y'all been making?
Mostly curry, chinese pancakes and nachos on my end.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Systematically working on recipes, one at a time. Making it three, four times in a row, while tweaking ingredients until I can make them without looking up a recipe.

I'm most proud of my gumbo.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

Here's a new manhwa called Leveling Up, By Only Eating (no relationship to the iseskai with a similar name) about a man with an eating disorder who deals with it... by going into a VRMMO and eating there instead. Hopefully it will turn into a Toriko style "legendary ingredient hunting" story based on the first chapter!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

I found a new series. A math prodigy uses his knowledge to cook great food. https://mangadex.org/title/38296

Glad this got picked back up again. Was an interesting take on the whole "kid becomes a chef" trope and the 2 recent chapters are nice.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
Does anyone else have trouble with Mangadex dropping / not loading so many panels that it's basically unreadable?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Mangadex is incredibly popular and entirely donation-supported so it constantly runs at just under capacity. Any spike in traffic makes it act like that for a while. All you can do is try again later.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

Sindai posted:

Mangadex is incredibly popular and entirely donation-supported so it constantly runs at just under capacity. Any spike in traffic makes it act like that for a while. All you can do is try again later.

Okay, good to know. I worried that it was something on my end maybe blocking it, or that the pages were all just missing. I'll keep trying.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Cooking Sisters

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
And new Samenai! https://mangadex.org/chapter/890809/1

I love this comfy manga

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Nobu bumped up to the top of the list on Mangadex again, got sad, because scanslations are still dead, and official translations are dead in the water with book 1 and that's it after two years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Nobu bumped up to the top of the list on Mangadex again, got sad, because scanslations are still dead, and official translations are dead in the water with book 1 and that's it after two years.
What are you talking about? I checked the bookstore listings and Volume 7 is coming out this month.