Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Paul MaudDib posted:

Cuban sandwich with costco pork shoulder, costco mastercarve ham, and costco artisan rolls. Roasted the pork in a mojo marinade.

pbuc

Aw nostalgia hit, my granny had the same plates :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

priznat posted:

Aw nostalgia hit, my granny had the same plates :3:

My mom still has those. Corelle Butterfly Gold supremacy!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Paul MaudDib posted:

Cuban sandwich with costco pork shoulder, costco mastercarve ham, and costco artisan rolls. Roasted the pork in a mojo marinade.

pbuc

and what of the cheese

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

canyoneer posted:

yeah, they're grandma dishes but they're practical. If you ever need replacements you can find matching pieces at any thrift store for a song.

They’re pretty strong but when they do break they loving explode. It must be some kind of lightly tempered glass or something.

Alan Smithee posted:

and what of the cheese

I have a bunch of pre-sliced cheese from a kroger sale a month or two ago. Would be good with some of the 'co jarlsberg though.

re: picklechat, I tried the grillo's pickles and the first jar was amazing, I literally ate it in under a week (I loving love pickles). My second jar just isn't doing it for me, not sure if I just ate myself into a rut there or if this batch tastes a little different. They are definitely more of a half-sour pickle and I wanted just a nice crisp claussen for this.

vvv yeah plain ones are good but they're harder to find.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Apr 2, 2020

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

canyoneer posted:

The patterns are real bad.

Sure do love the plain bowls though. There's nothing quite so pure as the Corelle bowl.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

canyoneer posted:

Hell yeah, my butter dish is this pattern!

foonykins
Jun 15, 2010

stop with the small talk

pnumoman posted:

Northern NJ goon here, the Teterboro Costco had an extremely long line to get in around 1 pm which I immediately noped out of, while the Business Center just 5 minutes away in Hackensack had no lines whatsoever. Cleaning products wiped out, but other than that, everything was normal. Unfortunately, the business center food court was completely closed so I couldn't get communion.

Parking lot was littered with disposable gloves though. People are disgusting.

This is the EXACT information I needed being a Bergen County goon. Thank you so much.

My gf's mom sent us a card from Costco that says "Give the Gift of a Gold Star Membership". Can we register online, get a membership #, and worry about the card later or do we need to go in to get our photo taken and all that?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Paul MaudDib posted:

pbuc

This looks nothing like the Cubanos i've ever had. That's hella pickles too my man

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

cheese ain’t even melted what the fudge

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Fashionably Great posted:

Costco gods were smiling upon me today. Got in line about a half hour after they opened, got in after 15 minutes in line and by then they were out of Charmin and only had Scott 1000 rolls. I passed. Got everything else and as we're headed to the checkout, a Costco employee is holding a case of Charmin and asking people if they wanted it. We happily accepted. Turns out a sinner tried to buy two packs and got turned away at the register. They are enforcing limits on a lot of items which helps.

Was there no kirkland TP?

For the record, here is a comparison between charmin and kirkland:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

canyoneer posted:

I have a few pieces from my grandmother. Not a chip or scratch on it.

Meanwhile, these dumbass $15/ea Crate and Barrell bone china plates we got for our wedding are all chipped in less than 5 years.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Paul MaudDib posted:

pbuc

Very heavy pickelage, I approve.

kloa posted:

cheese ain’t even melted what the fudge

I'm assuming that it hasn't been through the hot press yet.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
I got some of the corelle embossed toast sized plates and they are actually great, I thought since they are thicker they would be more likely to chip but it's been 10 years and a ton of renters and not a single chip on any of them.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I thought Corelle was bad about shattering if dropped.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Coredump posted:

I thought Corelle was bad about shattering if dropped.

Naah, they're really good. I've seen them literally bounce from standing height to a few inches off the floor. When they do go, it's like safety glass and oh boy that shrapnel goes everywhere

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

What they're infamous for is that, when they do break, they're likely to explode into a mass of fragments and glass dust that takes forever to clean up. This, however, is only a real problem with very old plates, especially if they've been microwaved a lot - age and heating takes the anti-shatter treatment out of the glass. Otherwise, Corelle plates are more likely to bounce than shatter when dropped.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I thought that was Corningware

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Anyone else get the lox at Costco

I like the Scottish stuff but I’m bad about eating everyday. Hard to say how long this lasts

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Alan Smithee posted:

I like the Scottish stuff but I’m bad about eating everyday. Hard to say how long this lasts
I'd imagine that refrigerated smoked meat would last a long-rear end time.

We do buy lox but it's not long for this world once it's in our home, so it's tough for me to estimate its shelf-life. Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Man that place is wild. There wasn't many people but it's strange seeing half of everyone with masks and everyone was so cautious and kept distances. The bad things were how incredibly bad my nose itches but I couldn't touch it, and the final bill, since we were 1 shopping for others, 2 don't want to be back next week, and 3 treated ourselves to some goodies.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Dad went this morning for supplies. They had 5-packs of Clorox wipes. Praise be. I will be buying a container from him.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Just wanted to say that scott 1000 stuff is terrible. They bought it to stock since the store was out of KS. Stuff rubbed my rear end raw after a week of work poopin, had to start bringing my own kirkland from home.

Had some inspectors come by today for my 1 year inspection, first people we've had in the house in a month. They saw the pack of clorox wipes we had and were amazed and said they couldn't find them anywhere, so we gave them a package when they left. My wife has been giving people at her work packs of TP if they said they were running out and couldn't find anything. We all gotta help each other out as much as we can right now, even little things like that can make someones day. I gotta go to work every day, so grabbing something like that is no problem, but keeping someone from making a trip out they don't have to make helps.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

We get this very lightly smoked fresh sockeye but I'm assuming it's a local thing. We basically live off it on bagels for the week or so that it's good.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

so I guess the new run is on flour? anyone seeing any

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Yes? The grocery store has been out for a while, but the Costco my boss goes to had the usual selection as of Wednesday, and I went to another 'co yesterday and they're stock was normal.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

I made my last run on Wednesday, and there was plenty of flour--not just the huge 50 lb. food service bags, but 10 lb. bags as well. Also I managed to finally get some toilet paper; a good thing since we were starting to run low. Only basic item they seemed to be out of was chicken. Had to get that at a different store.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Alan Smithee posted:

so I guess the new run is on flour? anyone seeing any

Haven't been able to find yeast.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

GORDON posted:

Haven't been able to find yeast.

If you have any bakeries still open (we do here in california), they're selling flour and giving away free starters to anyone who asks. probably yeast as well

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I ended up buying 1lb of SAF yeast on ebay for like 20 something bucks :/

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I would hope all the retailers blanket ban returns on those items.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
ugh

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

FilthyImp posted:

Both our Costco and Publix have flatly stated they will not accept returns on any toilet paper, among other items.

gently caress hoarders.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

"Yes, we are 100% not going to let you return these. *activates PA* Feel free to wheel that crate of TP back to your car. By the way, police are not coming out for small property crimes anymore."

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Robin Hood Groceries: We'll sell to hoarders sure, but we'll have more in an hour no worries

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I wouldn't be surprised if Costco ended up doing a return on that stuff if the person complained enough. Costco will bend over backwards for you to make sure you won't cancel your membership.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Jingleheimer posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Costco ended up doing a return on that stuff if the person complained enough. Costco will bend over backwards for you to make sure you won't cancel your membership.

Yeah but I think this is the first issue where GLOBALLY everyone agrees..."gently caress these people"

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I finally got a Costco membership and we have a whoooole lotta quarantine meat now.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

a mysterious cloak posted:

I finally got a Costco membership and we have a whoooole lotta quarantine meat now.

and that's just from the food court

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

a mysterious cloak posted:

Went for milk and picked up some meat. Also picked up a pair of pot roasts for like $21. Tossed the fucker in the instapot for an hour and 10 minutes and it was good good good. Wife wants to make tacos with the leftovers.

Costco does really well with bulk roast cuts. And I've been really happy with the price of their pork shoulder.