Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

glad you agree. still kinda wish we could have seen the original re7, leon and sherry in a venice like city fighting water based virus monsters with water based guns, sliding all over. would have owned.

That came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Vikar Jerome posted:

sliding all over.

for a second I thought you meant sliding as in, like, "water slides", and now I can't stop thinking about a Resident Evil game taking place in a zombie-infested Disney World knockoff

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Vikar Jerome posted:

glad you agree. still kinda wish we could have seen the original re7, leon and sherry in a venice like city fighting water based virus monsters with water based guns, sliding all over. would have owned.

:wrong:

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

now if it were jake and sherry...

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Augus posted:

for a second I thought you meant sliding as in, like, "water slides", and now I can't stop thinking about a Resident Evil game taking place in a zombie-infested Disney World knockoff

If not that then I'd love to see a Dying Light/Disney World crossover with Kyle getting increasingly sick of parkouring around attractions and hitting undead pirates in the face with burning candyfloss

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
The Surge 1 had a DLC expansion that is basically exactly this, so if you really want to play a game like that, it's around.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Augus posted:

They kinda did this for Dead Rising 2: Off the Record

I miss that franchise. Dead Rising 2 was good, and it was going places. It could have been great.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
They really screwed up Resident Evil 3's story with the changes they've made for the Remake. Bummer, it's my favourite and the opening few minutes are really promising.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I got the game a day early. Wild.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

ImpAtom posted:

None of that is true.

There are a few locked doors/ side areas in the city streets as seen in the demo. Once you leave there it is basically corridors until the hospital.

0 rows returned posted:

yeah the game might as well be on rails, the most freedom you really get to explore is the part the demo takes place in

Ah, man. That sucks.

My favorite thing to do with a new RE title is to go incredibly slow my first time and really soak in everything. Search it all, walk slow, read everything and all that. This sounds like one big chase scene. My Amazon order got hung up because I forgot to pay my card and, so far, it LOOKS like me payment went through but it still hasn't shipped so maybe I can cancel it and pick up Dead Space on the cheap instead and wait for this to be discounted.

I've been avoiding spoilers but everything I've heard/read about this game doesn't seem like what I want from a RE game at ALL and I think I'd have more fun revisiting my RE7 fresh run from 4 months ago and remembering what I forgot. Or finishing Alien Isolation. I don't mind those moments of feeling frantic, panicking and chased but I love the exploration and digging through nooks and crannies which it doesn't seem like this game offers at all.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
HOw much backtracking is there in RE3?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
RE6 was insanely good imo.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

HOw much backtracking is there in RE3?

Extremely little. Generally whatever you need is directly forward on your path and once you go through an area it gets closed off so you won't be returning.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ImpAtom posted:

Extremely little. Generally whatever you need is directly forward on your path and once you go through an area it gets closed off so you won't be returning.

gently caress this poo poo.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

isnt that like, exactly the same as the original? RE3 was crazy linear. i mean hoping they would open it up for the remake is valid but the original was basically on rails too

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Resident Evil 3 was divided into 2 big sections which were separated by a point of no return, but while you were in a given section, you basically had free run of the place. With some given exceptions, of course - you couldn't exactly return to the gas station after you blew it sky high. By and large, although it was a very linear experience, it didn't usually make a point of locking you out of places.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

I'm kind of miffed that you can't preload Resident Evil 3 RM on Steam if you preordered. I have slow internet (10mbps) so it's going to take half a day just to download. I am working from home due to the pandemic so I can't even start the download until I'm sleeping :(

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

What's the status on burning zombies in RE3make? I always thought it was a shame that RE2make came up with such a great-looking flame effect and only ever used it in a single place that you can even miss without ever encountering them at all, if you don't go back there at a particular time. It was really weird that they didn't use it as a possible effect caused by the flamethrower or grenade launcher, either.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
>Game is starting to launch on Steam; people are downloading
>Not a global release date
>Game is right there ready to be played but can't pre-load or download due to arbitrariness
>This is still happening in 2020.

christ

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
peoples times are coming in from early releases.

clear time 6 hours, total play time 10 hours.

okay.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

lol. yeah these times seem about right for resident evil.

guess total playtime includes deaths and on this screen it also includes other runs?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Simultaneous development, more time, and the release of their sister game a year earlier really should've seen more improvements. Still looks good, and I'm looking forward to the download finishing, but disappointing. At least Jill's great.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

guess total playtime includes deaths and on this screen it also includes other runs?

I mean I can see getting 7 hours if you died 71 times, holy crap.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Getting to 7 hours while dying 71 times is actually pretty impressive

Death speed run

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Clear time is how long it took across your successful lives, not total. They took waaaay longer than that as you can judge from 'total play time'

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Vikar Jerome posted:

what even are these results lmao.

Goes from nearly 8 hours hardcore and 71 deaths to rush time and near no deaths on harder, and hardest. he achieved ultimate instinct or something.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

some of us like to experiment with enemies and actually play games ok guys cmon

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lunethex posted:

what even are these results lmao.

Goes from nearly 8 hours hardcore and 71 deaths to rush time and near no deaths on harder, and hardest. he achieved ultimate instinct or something.

Once you finish the game once you unlock the ability to buy cheat items. It's a whole lot easier not to die if you' lugging in an infinite ammo rocket launcher or regenerating health.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Turdfuzz posted:

some of us like to experiment with enemies and actually play games ok guys cmon

Most zombies use the same animation for kills.

In fact I think they all do

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Once you finish the game once you unlock the ability to buy cheat items. It's a whole lot easier not to die if you' lugging in an infinite ammo rocket launcher or regenerating health.

So those coins are actually really powerful? I'd figured those would mean you can't get S rank.

Is there S+, on that note?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I wonder how good is that one that expands the Dodge window, and if you can use unlocks to unlock other unlocks.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Anyone looking to play Resistance tonight? I was thinking of starting that before RE3 proper.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Im downloading the game now. But I am sorta dissapointed in the lack of back tracking. I mean its a terrible game mechanic but it can be fun if implemented skillfully.

When bored I clear all of RE1 RE2, and then walk around the rest of the game just to take a look around without enemies, and soak in the atmosphere. The Umbrella lab is yelling about self destruct sequence meanwhile Im in the RPD lobby or walking around a mansion dining room.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I’m really into this so far. Reached the point that the demo takes place in, but it opens strong.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

It's now 5.50AM here but I couldn't stop myself from at least getting up to where the demo starts.

So far so good!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lunethex posted:

So those coins are actually really powerful? I'd figured those would mean you can't get S rank.

Is there S+, on that note?

The coins are extremely powerful. You get two of each which stack. I don't believe they limit your score.

Also the STARS manual which boosts perfect dodge frames is top notch.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
I might bet a prob for this but Im going to say it, since the developers did it.

The spider section is just anime BDSM: choking, deepthroating. I think its kinda gross and unnecessary.

EDIT: jesus and then she pukes its like a Max Hardcore video.

Gaj fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Apr 3, 2020

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!

Gaj posted:

I might bet a prob for this but Im going to say it, since the developers did it.

The spider section is just anime BDSM: choking, deepthroating. I think its kinda gross and unnecessary.

What a weird correlation.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006

Rikimaru posted:

What a weird correlation.

They grab Jill, choke Jill, and then shove something down her throat. Its something out an 80s shock film.

another edit: Alien was basically subtextual rape horror, this is section of the game is just gross in the literal sense.

Gaj fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Apr 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Where is the mod to turn nemesis into the koolaid man? I can imagine the 'oh yeah!' Everytime he bursts through a wall.