Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are they your best friend?
Hell YEAH! We ride together, we die together, BFFs for LYFE
Nope, I have a best friend, and I have them, and the love I feel is different for both
Kinda, I'm not really sure I can put words to it.
Goku pants
View Results

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
My SO is my best friend. I guess that makes my wife a double loser.

Lord Frankenstyle fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Lol a woman cant be a best friend im not some gay

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im alone haah

Solus M.D.
Oct 17, 2007

what did i just post?
My partner is absolutely my best friend in the world.

Why can’t you stop being a pedantic weirdo and just call your wife your best friend, OP?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Yes she is.

But only because I don't have any other friends :(

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Who What Now posted:

Yeah, I think I'm just using best friend in a way different to most other people. Obviously the person I have the most in common with and want to spend the most time with is my SO. But I don't want to spend 24/7/365 with her, and she doesn't want that either, we're still two separate people. So if I'm not spending time with her my next choice is probably going to be the person I call my best friend.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
I have my friends and I have my wife. She's my best wife but she's not my best friend.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
I think this best friend poo poo is pointless labeling. If your spouse is not the person you'd want to spend the most time with out of everyone you know then you hosed up.

That's how my wife & I roll at least. We have our own friends & interests of course but we spend most of our social time with each other. Coronapocolypse hasn't added any stress to the marriage, even as we raise a newborn together.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm friends with your dad so I would say yes OP

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sudonim posted:

I think this best friend poo poo is pointless labeling. If your spouse is not the person you'd want to spend the most time with out of everyone you know then you hosed up.

That's how my wife & I roll at least. We have our own friends & interests of course but we spend most of our social time with each other. Coronapocolypse hasn't added any stress to the marriage, even as we raise a newborn together.
Pretty much exactly this, minus the newborn. I love how many goons have good marriages.

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow
If your SO isn't the first one you want to go to with a funny story or to share your troubles with then what the heck are you even doing

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Rat posted:

If your SO isn't the first one you want to go to with a funny story or to share your troubles with then what the heck are you even doing

render unto gbs

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I can talk to my best friend once a month and it’s cool. If my wife goes away for business for more than 1 night or so I get bummed out even though I’ll try and talk to her every night that she’s away anyway.

She’s my wife; calling it a friendship is selling it far too short.

So no my wife isn’t my best friend she’s the person I wanted to marry, live with, and have kids with. My best friend is the guy I want to drink beers and watch dude movies with.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Definitely Goku pants

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Chinatown posted:

im alone haah

Holy poo poo, you joined this site on 9/11

You can be my Best Friend instead of Goku pants if you want

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

AFewBricksShy posted:

I can talk to my best friend once a month and it’s cool. If my wife goes away for business for more than 1 night or so I get bummed out even though I’ll try and talk to her every night that she’s away anyway.

So no my wife isn’t my best friend she’s the person I wanted to marry, live with, and have kids with. My best friend is the guy I want to drink beers and watch dude movies with.

This guy gets it

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Tosk posted:

Holy poo poo, you joined this site on 9/11

You can be my Best Friend instead of Goku pants if you want

Lowtax sold the ability to change your regdate to 9/11 for a while. Registration for the forums was actually closed on 9/11; no one who has the regdate actually registered on that date.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Neither of them exist, so... yes? no?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

kazr posted:

Yes sorry about your marriage

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat

Who What Now posted:

It goes

1) Wife
2) Best Friend
3 thru 999999999999) People I tolerate

Arrhythmia posted:

Where are you getting the extra ~992,000,000,000 friends

He’s counting his fleas as friends.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Obsidianheart posted:

Neither of them exist, so... yes? no?

youre wasting your cuteness. DAMNIT!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I couldn't possibly be closer to anyone else, no one else knows so much about me, and I have way more fun being with her than anyone else in the world by a huge margin. How could I not see her as my best friend?

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Yes, Mrs. Genesplicer is my best friend. We have been married for over 30 years. We prefer each other's company to that of any other person. Good thing, too. Our schools both closed down on March 13. We will not be going back until mid-August. That is a long time to spend with one person, unless you are really good friends with them.

PinheadSlim posted:

I couldn't possibly be closer to anyone else, no one else knows so much about me, and I have way more fun being with her than anyone else in the world by a huge margin. How could I not see her as my best friend?

Exactly!

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Who What Now posted:

So I got into it with a coworker when I said that my wife isn't my best friend. I explained that I love my wife more than anybody in the world, which means my relationship with her is fundamentally different than that of a friend, best or otherwise. I further pointed out that I did not want to share a bed with or sleep with any of my best friends, unlike how I feel about romantic partners. So what do you guys think? Is your spouse/partner/boytoy/galpal a friend, something more, or a mix of both?

there are probably a lot of people with this same view, also people who would find the way you break down something like that endearing. i like to think you're in a happy marriage, op

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
My dog is my best friend and I would rather have a beer than a missus.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
just lol if you don't think your SO is the least annoying person you've ever met. if you aren't just vibing together wtf are you even doing

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

AFewBricksShy posted:

:boom:

Exactly.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I appreciate the support on this.
However a word of caution. If you explain it to your spouse that they are not your best friend, make sure you tell them about the rest of the other part, or they walk around for a week thinking you're just an rear end in a top hat.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
sleeping with my bestie who is also my wyfe

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

There's been lots of article the last few years about how having your spouse as your best friend is horrible for your marriage.

https://www.fatherly.com/health-science/marriage-friendship-wife/

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Anyways, I think I wouldn't be friends with my best friend anymore if they tried to stab me because I bought the wrong kind of pasta at the store.

PastaBakeWizard
Mar 4, 2020
My SO was my best friend at the time we got together. I stayed with her when she was not my best friend, and left her when she was not my friend at all.

I think that your SO needn't be your best friend because that's just too high of a bar. Some days you won't feel like they are, and some days you will. They're not loving perfect and it's really on you to understand that going in. But they should feel irreplacable a lot of the time.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
She's definitely my best friend, OP. Just don't tell my wife! Yukka yukka yukka

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Applewhite posted:

She's definitely my best friend, OP. Just don't tell my wife! Yukka yukka yukka

ITT you are using a vending machine that only accepts "my wife" jokes as payment

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Oh I'd marry you vending machine but mai wife would object

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
OP has no friends

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I think my cat is my best friend and my boyfriend is a close second. I don't have many friends tbh

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Welp we broke up today lmaoooo

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Dixville posted:

Welp we broke up today lmaoooo

I'm sure you'll find another cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU