Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
I haven't read actual news sources more than once or twice since 2016 and it's done wonders for my mental health. There is absolutely zero value in allowing the news to work you up into an impotent rage.

Just close your eyes [REDACTED], or whatever that cyberbullying tweet was.

rotor fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Apr 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

In a sufficiently long timeline, everything will be fine

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

c’mon rotor, don’t get popped for that word.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Midjack posted:

c’mon rotor, don’t get popped for that word.

i can't reference that tweet?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

whatever

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
it wasn't a hard r

i can loan you my pass it's ok

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I think ebmud has lake Chabot as an “emergency” reservoir and I would dread the day they tapped into that

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
I just realized today has been two weeks since I left my home to go anywhere outside of my back yard and the mailbox. Who knew I'd been training my entire life for this.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

that onion article that was like "world awakens to nerd paradise: everyone has to stay at home, sports are outlawed" was like super real to me

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
The sad part is I've been eating healthier and working out more than if I was going into the office. That place is such a stress pit.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

ever gotten into meditation 290?

im only on meditation 289. whats the new version like

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

TerminalRaptor posted:

I just realized today has been two weeks since I left my home to go anywhere outside of my back yard and the mailbox. Who knew I'd been training my entire life for this.

hell, same

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

fart simpson posted:

im only on meditation 289. whats the new version like

smdh if you're not still on meditation 219

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
* fixed issue where meditating users could project out of bounds

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Salt Fish posted:

Take a day off reading news. Hell, take a week off. We're in this situation for months.

I stopped reading online news and social media since New Years 2020 and get all my important news from stupid notifications on my stupid smart watch and I am a happier, healthier, thinner, and more sexually attractive because of it.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

TerminalRaptor posted:

The sad part is I've been eating healthier and working out more than if I was going into the office. That place is such a stress pit.

when this is over, and it will be, one day, I’m going to my boss with my big dick flopping about and demanding that I work from home forever

well at least one or two days a week...

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

TerminalRaptor posted:

same

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

anyone else having trouble sleeping

ugh

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

no its only you.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

ugh

I am but it’s mainly because the good mattress is back in storage and the NZ shutdown means we can’t just go and get it for another three weeks

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
i am having trouble sleeping, in that i do it for too long in the mornings

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Salt Fish posted:

haaaa

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

seriously don’t read the news but super extra don’t watch the news

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

qirex posted:

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
I'm prefer to be unusually sanguine about everything even in terrible situations and that probably annoys people

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

i'm glad that the crow virus means that lying in bed at home and telling people what to do on twitter is finally being given to respect it deserves

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

qirex posted:

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
this afternoon had a 1-1 with my boss who has been my boss for fuckin forever. mentioned my mom had an old friend die of covid this week, and that they were the first person I've known personally to die.

he said "oh, did you hear about <old coworker from the california office>?"

load up twitter 10 minutes later and the second post is from some java user group he was part of sending their twitter condolences :tinfoil:

he was in his 50's and didn't even make it to the hospital.

stay inside.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm fukken bored

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Fabricated posted:

I'm fukken bored

go outside

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Salt Fish posted:

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

here's your new zoom background

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

ugh

Working out at home has been my cure for this. Otherwise I'd be an absolute insomniac at night.

qirex posted:

I really really need to heed this advice. I've been a news freak for the past 5 years and it's not helped in the least.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

MononcQc posted:

I laughed

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

MononcQc posted:

lol

i've been trying to figure out if i can engage in such shenanigans via teams but i don't think i can

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i fear my boss may attempt to propose a digital happy hour on zoom

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

President Beep posted:

lol

i've been trying to figure out if i can engage in such shenanigans via teams but i don't think i can

OBS virtual camera

if you can’t do a uniform background for a chromakey yourself, check out https://www.chromacam.me/

I spent all of my calls yesterday on the iss

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

TerminalRaptor posted:

I really really need to heed this advice. I've been a news freak for the past 5 years and it's not helped in the least.
a lot of the food stores I've been going to have cnn on and even being exposed to it for 5 minutes has an impact on my mental health

what is a live ticker with total deaths incrementing on the side of the screen doing to inform you? nothing. it exists specifically to make you anxious

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I have found that The Guardian is the only news source I can handle these days, and that just barely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ive been mostly skimming the headline on cleveland.com because they grab the highlights from dewines daily briefings but dont typically mention more nationally or internationally and dont put editorialized reports there