Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RobobTheGreat
Jul 14, 2003

Mind your manners when talking to the king!
i guess i joined the wfh crew almost a month ago. i've stopped by the office only twice since then, because lol at using your personal ink and toner to print work-related documents.

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

i fear my boss may attempt to propose a digital happy hour on zoom

my boss did exactly that last week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

RobobTheGreat posted:

i guess i joined the wfh crew almost a month ago. i've stopped by the office only twice since then, because lol at using your personal ink and toner to print work-related documents.

my boss did exactly that last week

did you expense your mileage to go to the office?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I get to work at the office F/S and wfh T/W/R (I think we're contractually obligated to have a breather here 24/7) by myself. I actually like this job and it's nice getting the third shift experience but without the horrors of night-shift work.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Having a weirdly good day on a friday.

feelsgoodman

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I decided I don't give a poo poo about my kids preschool packets and after I get a little bit of work done we're going sledding

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i went on a walk and saw some ducks. not doing poo poo for work because nothing matters

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

The Fool posted:

I decided I don't give a poo poo about my kids preschool packets and after I get a little bit of work done we're going sledding

A good parent.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

i fear my boss may attempt to propose a digital happy hour on zoom

me and the guys at work are going to play jackbox via streaming at 6pm today to supplement our old "walk to the brewery after work" we used to

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

friend of mine just survived his company's furloughs- they slashed about 60-80% of the company. christ

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

they deactivated all our keycards and you need to get permission to go to the office because apparently people kept going in anyway :confused: previously it was "only go to the office if you need to pick up equipment"

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

me and the guys at work are going to play jackbox via streaming at 6pm today to supplement our old "walk to the brewery after work" we used to

:hmmyes:

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
decided the avengers movie universe will be my background TV noise since I’ve only seen iron man 1 & 2, and it’s a bottomless reservoir of content to tap into in these trying times

just finished Thor and it was not very good at all

next up captain america (2011) which I’ve been lead to believe is also not very good

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

most of the marvel movies are not good, but entertaining

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah phase 1 was rough, only iron man 1 and captain america approach good

after the avengers movie they had nailed down the formula and all the ones after that are at the very least entertaining

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

what is a good movie?

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

wtf is a background tv noise

can't understand why i would want to put on something that i do not plan to actively focus on and enjoy

i guess it's just me who gets distracted by anything that has too much human speech in it, long dj mixes are the thing for me

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
sometimes I'll put on a movie I've seen a million times before, so I don't actually have to pay attention to it but can tune in for the cool parts

mcu movies I would say are Actually Good:

captain america 2 and 3 (winter soldier/civil war)
guardians 1 and 2
black panther
ant-man 1 and 2
iron man 3 (a lot of people will disagree with me on this but whatever)
thor 3 (ragnarok)

infinity war and endgame are sort of in their own category because how much you will enjoy them depends entirely on how many of the lead-in movies you've watched

gently caress there are a lot of these, I can't even think of them all off the top of my head. and I never saw the spiderman movies

haveblue fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 3, 2020

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Penisface posted:

wtf is a background tv noise

can't understand why i would want to put on something that i do not plan to actively focus on and enjoy

i guess it's just me who gets distracted by anything that has too much human speech in it, long dj mixes are the thing for me

I like having something that you should be paying attention to on in the background to ignore because I gotta ignore something. Podcasts are good for this.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

haveblue posted:

yeah phase 1 was rough, only iron man 1 and captain america approach good

after the avengers movie they had nailed down the formula and all the ones after that are at the very least entertaining

thor was alright, thor 2 not so much. thor 3 is fuckin where it’s at, and after it’s success you can see marvel add that sense of humour everywhere

fuckin love taika waititi. I enjoyed jojo rabbit much more than I thought I would have. somehow manages to make a movie funny without making a funny movie

I never realised he was involved in the flight of the conchords tv show. been rewatching that with gf. it’s hard to tell if non-kiwis enjoy the sense of humour and indeed just watching germaine and murray act. could watch murray be murray all day long. he’s kinda goofy in other movies he’s in but he’s fuckin good in flight of the conchords and he’s good in what we do in the shadows too

along those lines you people should watch “hunt for the wilder people” and “boy” as well. the first half hour of boy is so good, the rest idk. hunt for the wilder people is just an all round excellent movie, except I hate how it ends 🤷‍♂️

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the only thing keeping thor 1 from being pure trash is that chris hemsworth is a very funny man and it shines through sometimes

never even been to nz and I love what we do in the shadows (movie)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

haveblue posted:

sometimes I'll put on a movie I've seen a million times before, so I don't actually have to pay attention to it but can tune in for the cool parts

mcu movies I would say are Actually Good:

captain america 2 and 3 (winter soldier/civil war)
guardians 1 and 2
black panther
ant-man 1 and 2
iron man 3 (a lot of people will disagree with me on this but whatever)
thor 3 (ragnarok)

infinity war and endgame are sort of in their own category because how much you will enjoy them depends entirely on how many of the lead-in movies you've watched

gently caress there are a lot of these, I can't even think of them all off the top of my head. and I never saw the spiderman movies

yeah iron man 3 is good. yet to see ant man. doctor strange introduces some interesting concepts and I reckon it’s worth seeing.

spider man ones are good I reckon.

avengers one are good for the interactions between them all.

i’m a tasteless sucker who could watch those movies all day. lol my kids mother won’t let the kids watch endgame even tho they’ve seen infinity war, ALL of their friends have.

my kids are quite sheltered as far as what movies they see. like wait till theyre actually old enough. i used to think it was bullshit their mother forced but ya know now that I think a bit more about the brain and brain development I can see the benefit. they’re really great kids without a desire to expose themselves to horrible things like all of us probably were in the early days of the internet. it absolutely has positive benefits

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

echinopsis posted:

thor was alright, thor 2 not so much. thor 3 is fuckin where it’s at, and after it’s success you can see marvel add that sense of humour everywhere

fuckin love taika waititi. I enjoyed jojo rabbit much more than I thought I would have. somehow manages to make a movie funny without making a funny movie

I never realised he was involved in the flight of the conchords tv show. been rewatching that with gf. it’s hard to tell if non-kiwis enjoy the sense of humour and indeed just watching germaine and murray act. could watch murray be murray all day long. he’s kinda goofy in other movies he’s in but he’s fuckin good in flight of the conchords and he’s good in what we do in the shadows too

along those lines you people should watch “hunt for the wilder people” and “boy” as well. the first half hour of boy is so good, the rest idk. hunt for the wilder people is just an all round excellent movie, except I hate how it ends 🤷‍♂️

He is an unbelievably good director. I think Mikey sums up my feelings on Ragnarok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrxqRoB7EyI

I also LOVED jojo rabbit. You can watch it several times and keep seeing new things, it's really good and silly but also deadly serious.

I should rewatch all his movies sometime during this endless weekend.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

syntaxrigger posted:

what is a good movie?

I watched this and thought it was v good, OP

https://www.netflix.com/title/80109551

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

haveblue posted:

the only thing keeping thor 1 from being pure trash is that chris hemsworth is a very funny man and it shines through sometimes

never even been to nz and I love what we do in the shadows (movie)

this possibly true. taika waititi really opened it up for him to become someone like the rock, just huge strong extremely likeable guy

hes fuckin good in infinity war. wish we could have seen much more of star lord and thor interacting, those scenes were good

when thor comes back with stormbreaker, it’s such a wicked feeling time where you realise how powerful thor is compared to the rest, he just absolutely destroys everything.

hated the fat suit version in endgame. kinda funny when he’s talking about gaming, but think they took the beer drinking thing too far 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ was cool when he gets both the hammer and the axe tho

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

He is an unbelievably good director. I think Mikey sums up my feelings on Ragnarok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrxqRoB7EyI

I also LOVED jojo rabbit. You can watch it several times and keep seeing new things, it's really good and silly but also deadly serious.

I should rewatch all his movies sometime during this endless weekend.

i’m glad you liked it. I think it was a bit polarising because some people thought the humour detracted from the seriousness but I thought it worked extremely well together

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

yeah, that movie is straight paint-by-numbers mediocrity except for the asgard visuals and chris hemsworth's enduring charm

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

echinopsis posted:

i’m glad you liked it. I think it was a bit polarising because some people thought the humour detracted from the seriousness but I thought it worked extremely well together

I'm jewish, and I think it is important to humanize the nazis because they were not otherworldly evils like they are often portrayed, they are just people, and it is really really important to understand that. I think that jojo did a really exceptionally good job doing that in an entertaining and approachable way that deals with the nuance and motivations of everyone without any common generalizations that are usually used. You feel bad for and proud of a nazi yelling "gently caress off jew" to a child. It's a really good movie.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo I like you mate. never stop posting

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

echinopsis posted:

poo poo I like you mate. never stop posting

right back at u buddy. stay safe

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol we just lost power

guess i'm done for the day

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

full-company wfh has forced the execs to OK scoping and deploying full mfa for the org lol

been trying to get that going for a year now and it took a literal pandemic to get it through

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what’s mfa

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

right back at u buddy. stay safe

thanks mate

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

echinopsis posted:

what’s mfa

mother loving multi factor authentication

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

echinopsis posted:

what’s mfa

mfa deez nutz

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
mixed fine arts

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
medicare for all (lol)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

echinopsis posted:

what’s mfa

not much what's mfa with you

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

I like duo's big approve buttons they give me joy each morning as i connect the vpn to the bad computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The CDC now says wear a mask in public after spending a month telling everyone the opposite, lol