Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##action spacing in vienna

hoping that's a thank u action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

flerp posted:

##action spacing in vienna

hoping that's a thank u action

Funniest would be a vig.

Say no to peer pressure, with a gun if necessary.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bif and Hum slapfighting feels a little contrived, but not enough to be scummy

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
at this point I am more waiting for the dust to settle before using mine

don't need to vig someone twice or whatev

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Sandwolf posted:

Bif and Hum slapfighting feels a little contrived, but not enough to be scummy

I agree

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

AA looking suspicious to me. Ya post history stinks

Dancer
May 23, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

What if we no lunched today

I love you so much.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

Bif and Hum slapfighting immediately copying Bif's shtick feels a little contrived, but not enough to be scummy that's not even the really scummy thing, it's the idea Hum was seriously thinking through all that rationale beforehand, as Bif already pointed out.

Fixed

Also the other stuff I pointed out! Hum's reaction was way too strong for the earliest of basic D1 cases. If Hum truly had wanted to think through his action use that much, if he was that concerned about suboptimal action use, that he wouldn't even use it on his nemesis Steak, just in case of the slim possibility that Steak was the one lunched today AND Hum happened to be a dayvig... why throw that caution away and rush right into using his action after all to wield it like an OMGUS immediately while the day is still super early?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

AA looking suspicious to me. Ya post history stinks

Game just started. I'm taking it breezy.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Do NOT insult my friend AA, who is an angel

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Your Personal Muse posted:

Do NOT insult my friend AA, who is an angel

:respek:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Game just started. I'm taking it breezy.

I know! The game did just start! Which makes Hum's overreaction the minute I cast one vote on him even more bizarre.

Join me in calling out this weaksauce AA, our powers combined will be unstoppable

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

I know! The game did just start! Which makes Hum's overreaction the minute I cast one vote on him even more bizarre.

Join me in calling out this weaksauce AA, our powers combined will be unstoppable

Fu fu fu...

##vote hum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

merk posted:

I’m not using my action probably for the whole game. I’m here to win the old fashioned way.

honestly, probably same cuz i'll be using my rolecop for at least the first couple nights

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Steak you've commented a lot on mechanics, but not at all on this case that mentions you a fair bit. That is odd!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

Steak you've commented a lot on mechanics, but not at all on this case that mentions you a fair bit. That is odd!

you mean your case on hum?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im not seeing anything weird about his behavior

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he policy votes me d1 in every game, during jokephase.
thats not a reason to use his action on me. tho, i mean, theres no reason to use your action on literally anybody that early, but still

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

im not seeing anything weird about his behavior

Not even his reaction to me casting a vote for it? Nothing weird about that at all?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Sand please shoot Bif she asked a question

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Steak posted:

he policy votes me d1 in every game, during jokephase.
thats not a reason to use his action on me. tho, i mean, theres no reason to use your action on literally anybody that early, but still

This sounds kind of weird from you too to explain it away like this, btw. Since when is Hum always voting you at the start just a jokephase thing? He usually ends up diametrically opposed to how you approach game strategy, and in a D1 vacuum seems to have legit reason to see you as a policy lunch.

And Hum sure didn't explain it that way himself. He was taking the game all serious already, remember? Getting all thoughtful about how bad it would've been if he used his action on you and it turned out to be a dayvig, and it got wasted on someone who was getting lunched anyway. Something he seems to see as a foregone conclusion.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gee, I bet Hum is drowning in regret now that he hastily spent his action on me, for "running interference for Steak" when I was only just beginning to prod at people and I find both of y'all suspicious

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Gee, I bet Hum is drowning in regret now that he hastily spent his action on me, for "running interference for Steak" when I was only just beginning to prod at people and I find both of y'all suspicious

no I'm fine with my action

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Humalong posted:

no I'm fine with my action

Cause he's not actually putting any town thought like that into his actions. His motivations and justifications are inconsistent, and he is scum.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
The idea that anyone who used their action substantively thought about it is absurd

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The idea that anyone who used their action substantively thought about it is absurd

Yes that is actually a key part of my case, try and keep up.

Instead of just going "lol I'll use my action on whoever", Hum reacted to one vote on him with all this justification:

Mr. Humalong posted:

On the one hand that could be suspicious, but what if I had a dayvig and wasted it on the person we’re voting out today? It would be far better to use it on someone running interference for that person, I think.

##action Bif

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I refuse to keep up

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

Yes that is actually a key part of my case, try and keep up.

Instead of just going "lol I'll use my action on whoever", Hum reacted to one vote on him with all this justification:

lol

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

the good news is this is probably town bif because when she's scum she doesn't ignore everyone else in the game to push a weak case

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m not sure I agree with Bif here but I think it’s coming from a townie point of view

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

spacing in vienna posted:

BTW I had a theory in Hidden Role Mafia 1 that scum was less likely than town to use the action on themselves, just in case it was a vig. I was wrong, in that at least one scum person did test their day action on themselves. (DB I think?)

Anyway. My student rescheduled so I am sitting here in TEACHER MODE for the next half-hour. So I made a spreadsheet.

Poster --> Used Action On, in chronological thread order:

Bifauxnen -> Solus
Amnistar -> Merk
Sandwolf -> Sandwolf
Dragonatrix -> b-minus1
Spacing in Vienna -> flerp
Your Personal Muse -> Sandwolf
b-minus1 -> Dragonatrix
Eat the Rich -> Mr. Steak
Anomalous Amalgam -> Bifauxnen
Toalpaz -> Your Personal Muse
Mr. Humalong -> Bifauxnen
Dancer -> b-minus1

That's twelve of seventeen. People who haven't used theirs yet, in alphabetical order:

flerp
Gamerofthegame
merk
Mr. Steak
SolusLunes

I was going to link to the actual posts of the actions being used buuuuut :effort:

Join the cool kids, shoot somebody. #peerpressure

Thanks for this! Doesn't mean much now, but I suspect after we find scum, this list of who targetted who day 1 will provide a lot of insight.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
YPM and Amni both voting for Steak for opting to not even try his action was a little odd I guess, but hard to call them serious or anything. Amni made his obvious at least by unvoting once jokephase ended.

Bif's argument is so weak that I can't see someone putting it forth at all if they're scum. It's not even remotely convincing and it's more like just trying to grasp at anything for a serious case.

Can't blame her for that either; the game has been moving fairly slowly thus far.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Dragonatrix posted:

YPM and Amni both voting for Steak for opting to not even try his action was a little odd I guess, but hard to call them serious or anything. Amni made his obvious at least by unvoting once jokephase ended.

Bif's argument is so weak that I can't see someone putting it forth at all if they're scum. It's not even remotely convincing and it's more like just trying to grasp at anything for a serious case.

Can't blame her for that either; the game has been moving fairly slowly thus far.

The initial vote was a joke, current vote is real

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Okay, rereading the thread and I'm gonna ##vote YPM

Their posts are superficial and it's hard to parse what is actual content vs. what is a joke. To the point that they voted for steak (as a joke?) but then it's a real vote? And they voted for gamer because they were manufacturing content, but it was a joke? but maybe it wasn't?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
spoiler; it's still jokephase

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Thinking about it some more, the thing that pinged me as the most scummy thus far is probably be AA +1 voting Bif's non-case for Hum. Especially with how only a few posts earlier he agreed with Sandwolf about the slapfight.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Amnistar posted:

Okay, rereading the thread and I'm gonna ##vote YPM

Their posts are superficial and it's hard to parse what is actual content vs. what is a joke. To the point that they voted for steak (as a joke?) but then it's a real vote? And they voted for gamer because they were manufacturing content, but it was a joke? but maybe it wasn't?

Hey friend I didn’t vote gamer for the manufacturing content bit.

Also, look deep inside yourself. Are you really confused about the gamer manufacturing content thing? Do you really think I looked at gamer making what amounted to a lunch pun, and said to myself, “This is it. I’m going to lunch gamer. I’m going to get everyone to get rid of gamer on the back of my “he voted me for saying that the pantry mafia game was in another thread” case.

You are reaching and I don’t think you actually did a reread.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The initial vote was a joke, current vote is real

what changed?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also, @bif

this might sound weird, but it's consistent with things ive said in the past in town games:

as much as hum has a d1 policy of suspecting me, i have a similar d1 policy of refusing to suspect humalong.

he plays d1 weird, like, all the time, but hes a really valuable player to have around once game starts happening for real. and if he's scum, that'll make itself known. he's way way way better at playing town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Mr. Steak posted:

what changed?

I explained it already, you overreacted to the joke votes.