Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Unless they just unlock the game early, I’ll be waiting till the 10th for my digital copy. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Am I going to have to wait until the 10th to activate my Butterfinger DLC code? Because every time I've tried, I get the following message:

The code you entered is inactive. Please check terms and conditions.

HD DAD posted:

Unless they just unlock the game early, I’ll be waiting till the 10th for my digital copy. :(

I've got to wait until at least the 10th, if not longer. My kid pre-ordered the Deluxe version from Amazon...

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

HD DAD posted:

Same, buddy. :( this is the exact sort of battle system I’ve wanted since I was 11 and you can only get so much out of the demo.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
How do you start the preload? I didn't get any notification or anything but if I go into the store and look at the version I bought it has a countdown for next friday but no option to kick it off. Feel like the option is usually in the store when I've been able to preload a PS4 game before, which is rare tbf.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

This game's story is probably going to take a lot of very dumb twists and turns but let's not forget that the original game was loving wild already. Everything about Cait Sith, for example, was dumb as gently caress and hilarious and great.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Yeah, I'm afraid people are going to freak out over "dumb new stuff" in the game, conveniently forgetting the original game had you perform a CPR minigame on a little girl so she would give you her whistle to summon Mr. Dolphin so he could push you a hundred feet into the air onto an electrical tower so you could go participate in a marching minigame where you would be sent a grenade in the mail for making their ratings bad.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Harrow posted:

This game's story is probably going to take a lot of very dumb twists and turns but let's not forget that the original game was loving wild already. Everything about Cait Sith, for example, was dumb as gently caress and hilarious and great.

If you don't know what's the new twist, you don't know how Nomura it actually is.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Schwartzcough posted:

Yeah, I'm afraid people are going to freak out over "dumb new stuff" in the game, conveniently forgetting the original game had you perform a CPR minigame on a little girl so she would give you her whistle to summon Mr. Dolphin so he could push you a hundred feet into the air onto an electrical tower so you could go participate in a marching minigame where you would be sent a grenade in the mail for making their ratings bad.

Some people just want the same weird stuff and not new different weird stuff.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Schwartzcough posted:

And all so you can get on a loving boat. That's the kind of thing I can see getting gutted or massively changed in the sequels, when all the tight storytelling of Midgar is over and you're just kind of meandering around the world hoping to bump into Sephiroth.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

And all so you can get on a loving boat. That's the kind of thing I can see getting gutted or massively changed in the sequels, when all the tight storytelling of Midgar is over and you're just kind of meandering around the world hoping to bump into Sephiroth.

Yeah idk and I am concerned about how they're going to manage the later world map parts of the game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Yeah you don't have to worry about that.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Quit it with the hint hint wink wink posting.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Also, since Hell House is getting the love it deserves, did the stop sign enemies make it in?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tae posted:

Yeah you don't have to worry about that.

:jerkbag:

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
20% of the budget went into the Honey Bee Inn scene and it is glorious.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Does Cloud cross-dress in the remake? I'm okay with deviations from the original to a point, but if they cut that... I'll smash them!

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

PT6A posted:

Does Cloud cross-dress in the remake? I'm okay with deviations from the original to a point, but if they cut that... I'll smash them!

Better.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

PT6A posted:

Yeah, you’re in for a treat.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I will say the boat sequence and the other random encounters with Sephiroth do have a legitimately creepy feeling that I hope they keep at least somewhat.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

For the folks who have the game already: How much control customization is there? I bounced hard on the demo because of the controls and I'm really hoping that I can set them up to be something I'm more comfortable with.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I have but one question for my friends who have broken the street date: game good?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

HD DAD posted:

Yeah, you’re in for a treat.

These truly are the days of miracles and wonder.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

PT6A posted:

Based on the trailers Cloud crossdressing is one of the main things they want people to know about.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Kith posted:

For the folks who have the game already: How much control customization is there? I bounced hard on the demo because of the controls and I'm really hoping that I can set them up to be something I'm more comfortable with.

Not a lot. You can change how the lock on works and that's pretty much it.

Chillgamesh posted:

I have but one question for my friends who have broken the street date: game good?

Loving it so far. They poured a lot of creativity into the material. A lot of the sidequests are Lightning Returns tier, but that's only a small part of the game. I'm at the train graveyard now and they turned a normal dungeon into a cool atmospheric setpiece. The music is pretty great, not just the arrangements, but also the original tracks (same composer as FFXIII).

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The Coliseum is off its gourd. That's my favourite part so far and I'm about to head into Shinra HQ.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

JBP posted:

The Coliseum is off its gourd. That's my favourite part so far and I'm about to head into Shinra HQ.

are 60 floors of stairs still in the game

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

ymgve posted:

This is very important and I would like to know as well

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Terper posted:

Quit it with the hint hint wink wink posting.
You don't have to worry about what they posted, because this game ends at the end of Midgar. There's no "wink wink" there. And if it's about the Sephiroth part of their post - it was shown in the demo end that you bump into him early, I'm sure its shown even more in the later trailers (which I haven't watched because I'm playing the game!!)

ymgve posted:

Yes, it was shown in earlier trailers and it showed a floor indicator next to each character.

PancakeTransmission fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Apr 4, 2020

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
In Chapter 3. Loving it so far.

Side quests are pretty meh, and extra side aereas in the slums are boring.

Chapter 1/2 were phenomenal, though. The atmosphere in ch2 especially.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

The only thing I'd like to know is how long the game really is in the end. Midgar is a big part of the first game but 50 hours or whatever is being said sounds a bit far fetched to me.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Son of Rodney posted:

The only thing I'd like to know is how long the game really is in the end. Midgar is a big part of the first game but 50 hours or whatever is being said sounds a bit far fetched to me.

None of the single player FFs are that long unless you spend it on grinding and doing everything. 25-30 tops is realistic for a FF game.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Pennfalath posted:

In Chapter 3. Loving it so far.

Side quests are pretty meh, and extra side aereas in the slums are boring.

Chapter 1/2 were phenomenal, though. The atmosphere in ch2 especially.

The side quests never get "good" but the combat is so much fun I don't care. I'm in the endgame now (I guess) and I loving love this. The quality of the mainline never wavers and I'd say it just gets better as you go.

E: actually the side quests deliver some great battles

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Son of Rodney posted:

I've been playing for 35 hours. It's fully voiced and well realised.

For reference I'm up to Hojo's lab

E: it's enough cutscenes that my gf go invested and watched nearly five hours before realising and saying something like "gently caress I need to go to bed this is like a movie that doesn't end".

JBP fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Apr 4, 2020

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

JBP posted:

I've been playing for 35 hours. It's fully voiced and well realised.

For reference I'm up to Hojo's lab

E: it's enough cutscenes that my gf go invested and watched nearly five hours before realising and saying something like "gently caress I need to go to bed this is like a movie that doesn't end".

Cool, thanks for the info! People are getting their early copies here in Germany as well but I've had no luck. Can't wait till next week.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Also, since Hell House is getting the love it deserves, did the stop sign enemies make it in?

yes!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Spermando posted:

Not a lot. You can change how the lock on works and that's pretty much it.

s i g h

Guess I'll just have to suffer through it, then.

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

I paid $10 to change some guys avatar to an Oblivion Elf with giant tits just to steal this gif

PT6A posted:

From the trailers I've seen he's better looking than that Sephiroth chick.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Son of Rodney posted:

Rumblings on the internet give it a 35-40 hour time. This isn't a terrible game length but it's a little anemic for modern RPGs where half the runtime is consumed by cutscenes. The biggest problem with the length is that the next episodeCOMPLETELY FULL GAME YOU GUYS is probably like three years out.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

35-40 hours sounds pretty good honestly, especially if there's an emphasis on replaying the game on higher difficulties with a combat system that complements this. Some games fit the style of sidequests and hunts like 14 and 15, others are better suited to doing two or three playthroughs with the benefit of hindsight instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

A modern JRPG with a runtime of only 40 hours is a mercy.