Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Good to see Obtusangelo followed through on going to meet Patience's dad after learning about him on their fishing trip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Aww Katie let that one kid keep her glasses.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Patience's Dad: "I'm the worst loving dad ever"
Pas's Dad: "Hold my beer"

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

"You'll be stuck with your kids your whole life" is not the same argument as "Your kids won't be able to survive after you're gone".

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

In a story full of great individual comics, that was the best one in a while, laughing hysterically at Pasq's reaction.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Maybe Pasq should have at least brought hoagies.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

http://gobolatula.com/pfm/comic/165-star-trek-quarantine/

Get help Pasq

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I'm glad Katie carries spares!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
3 for the price of gun is a great pun.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

super sweet best pal posted:

"You'll be stuck with your kids your whole life" is not the same argument as "Your kids won't be able to survive after you're gone".

Pasq: "You act like you're protecting her, but how's she ever going to grow up if you keep her sheltered in your basement all the time? How can she ever go on in the world once you're gone if she's never had any experience with it?"
Pasqdad: "Besides, if you're doing it to keep your kid safe, she'll end up too weird and sheltered to deal with the real world in the future. You'll be taking care of her 'til you're dead."

They're both telling him that he's making his kid unprepared for the real world by sheltering her like that and preventing her from growing up. It's just that Pasq frames that as doing what's best for the kid and Pasqdad frames that as doing what's best for a dad who doesn't like his kids and wants them gone as soon as possible.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Patience's eyes ain't lookin' the same way.

I've known fellers like that.

Edit: Dude on the roof isn't named below; ergo, it is actually a chimney disguised an old man, perhaps even a wizard.

Literally Kermit fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 6, 2020

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

i like how through these recent strips katie has consistently been the one to notice that something's Not Right with pasq

she might not be able to offer more reassurance than a hand on the shoulder but at least she cares :unsmith:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Katie understands what it's like to put on a mask to hide intense self loathing.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

http://gobolatula.com/pfm/comic/166-hiden-goseke/

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 10, 2020

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Tubsy knows what is important in life.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Simon says everyone bring your own drinks.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
So we have here gathered Pasq's dad, Patience's dad, and Katie's dad. We already know who Trisssh's dad is, so I'm forced to conclude that this clown is Tubsy's dad.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Or it could be Charlottes dad.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

All I see is a CONGRESSPERSON

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
He's obviously Clownathan's dad.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
The clown is from Erik the Juiceman. Makes sense for EtJM and PFM!!! to take place in the same universe if Erik and Bob were in Hell, I guess.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
It looks like they’re on one of those electronic Simon games. Some versions of it have the colors in that order too.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
http://gobolatula.com/pfm/comic/168-furry-happy-monsters/

gently caress you I'm not crying you're crying.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
Wow the third and fourth last panels are the most relatable thing I ever seen.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Aw gently caress, I love this update so much! I'm so happy! I got hit hard by seeing this one, so thanks to Josef and Gob for making me cry

wait i just realized they're actually glowing oh crud wait

Llab fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Apr 17, 2020

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Llab posted:

Aw gently caress, I love this update so much! I'm so happy! I got hit hard by seeing this one, so thanks to Josef and Gob for making me cry

Oh yay maybe they’ll do a rap song together at the next school talent show!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Pasq/Katie is a universal constant.

Reminder, this is how Katie was introduced, so she does in fact know what she's talking about.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Llab posted:

Thanks for pointing that out! I went ahead and removed that yellowish bright spot behind Katie and Pasq in the last 2 panels. I didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea. In PFM, any shininess or off-color-looking-ness is almost always just me being dramatic. Basically, I was very happy for these two so I made it look extra pretty.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The glow is a form of bioluminessence caused by hug.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Awwwwww :3: some sweetness at last for Pasq

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Gay poo poo?? I choose to believe.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I don't know how I feel about the "if you can fake being a good person and you do so because you want to be seen as a good person, that makes you a good person" concept, since I sit up at night worrying about that on a regular basis

I mean I guess if doing ironic racism is functionally the same as real racism, then the converse should also be true; but neither really means you aren't just doing the "sincerity! If you can fake that, you've got it made!" thing

Aaaaaa

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Groucho Marx was right.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Everyone deals with their brain being evil sometimes. It's not that you want to be seen as a good person, it's that you do good acts even if your brain is not acting in a way you can fully control. Your actions have meaning, because they're the choice you make about how you want the world to be. You're not faking being a good person, you are a good person, and you're doing that in spite of messed up neurochemicals.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
this is easily the second best katie page, close behind the "man i got like the worst fuckin self esteem" page from It Hurts

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Data Graham posted:

I don't know how I feel about the "if you can fake being a good person and you do so because you want to be seen as a good person, that makes you a good person" concept, since I sit up at night worrying about that on a regular basis

I mean I guess if doing ironic racism is functionally the same as real racism, then the converse should also be true; but neither really means you aren't just doing the "sincerity! If you can fake that, you've got it made!" thing

Aaaaaa

If you do good things because that's what you feel a good person should do you're a good person even if you have bad urges occasionally.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Essensialism is a lie there is no innate inner self, only a long line of socially prescribed identities being recognized by others in a desperate attempt to make order in a chaotic world.

Hail satan

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Data Graham posted:

Aaaaaa

Honestly I'm much more impressed by those that have every reason to be bad, and would work hard to be good, more than those with every privilege moralizing those who struggle against some of their better nature to be good.

It's unsustainable to try and fake it till you make it forever, but I think it has a place.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Wasabi the J posted:

Honestly I'm much more impressed by those that have every reason to be bad, and would work hard to be good, more than those with every privilege moralizing those who struggle against some of their better nature to be good.

It's unsustainable to try and fake it till you make it forever, but I think it has a place.

The trick isn't faking it until you make it. It's that despite what you may think and what things may look like to you, every single person is dealing with inner demons of some type. Every person has those thoughts like "I want to kick this small puppy so hard it explodes and then the bone shards impale like three children". Every person wants to be lauded and praised for their choices, and selfishly be recognized when they're selfless.

Every person goes through that. The trick is understanding that, accepting that, and making the conscious decision to do good regardless. It's easier for some people than others, but in the end every single person you meet is in some way a horrible cesspool of negative thoughts and desires. Fighting against that, openly or not, knowingly or not, is one of the hallmarks of a "good person".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I like this comic