Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

just do what trump do and you will do ok...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Slippery Tilde

TOOT BOOT posted:

The CDC now says wear a mask in public after spending a month telling everyone the opposite, lol

they're also recommending cloth masks, basing this on availability lol

(cloth is basically only good for keeping you from spreading your filthy mouthspit onto others, it is not really protective to the wearer in any way and may actually be worse)

also trump already announced that no he will not personally be following universal masking lmao

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

TOOT BOOT posted:

The CDC now says wear a mask in public after spending a month telling everyone the opposite, lol

the cdc has been just about worthless for this entire thing. i would look to what the who is saying if you want actual guidance.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
my favorite WHO song is “going febrile”

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Midjack posted:

the cdc has been just about worthless for this entire thing. i would look to what the who is saying if you want actual guidance.

the who has its own problems, a big one being that it spread loving everywhere before they'd say it was a pandemic

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Midjack posted:

they’ve been ‘no masks’ until this week also lol

also embarrassing themselves credulity w/r/t china to the point a canadian WHO official faked a video problem during an interview when asked about taiwan (wrt their success containing and raising early alarms and WHO ignoring them)

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
tbf by definition it's not a pandemic unless it's spread loving everywhere

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
fine we’ll call it a demidemic then

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
There are some videos going around of some of the poorer countries in south america going full 1300s black death and leaving bodies in the streets because they have no where to put them.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Methanar posted:

There are some videos going around of some of the poorer countries in south america going full 1300s black death and leaving bodies in the streets because they have no where to put them.

poorer South American countries like Italy

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

haveblue posted:

poorer South American countries like Italy
Hey now Italy can afford refrigerated trailers

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

well i have two n95 masks that i found in my office drawer but idk if i should wear them out because i'll look like a heel

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Sagebrush posted:

well i have two n95 masks that i found in my office drawer but idk if i should wear them out because i'll look like a heel

give them to a nurse you stupid mother fucker

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Sagebrush posted:

"They laughed at me the first time I wore jeans with a sport coat.  I was the first wealthy man in America to ever do that, now they all do it!"

As an aside, I thought I had an n95 lying around in my basement. Turns out it's some old relic I must have grabbed with my grandfather's tools when he passed years ago. It has no expiration date on it, uses a 3M logo in a style I've never seen, and references regulations from the seventies. I think I'm going to mark that one off as a loss.

I have a half mask respirator I could use if I want to pretend I'm Bane in public. (I don't)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I have one of these lying around that I bought ~8 years ago for a halloween costume and haven't touched since. wearing it today probably won't kill me, right?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

we have two in an opened pack meant for me to use while cleaning, since i had dust allergies and mild asthma. it is both dumb I didnt use them when i needed them and helpful that i didnt use them when i needed them

im still looking at sewn mask instructions because i have a nice singer, some 230 thread cotton cloth, and ive been meaning to improve my sewing skills

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

give them to a nurse you stupid mother fucker

the elastic on them is snapped because they're so old. if it came to it i was gonna tie on a string.

Moby_Dick
Apr 18, 2003

You'd think I've been riding the L all my life.
If you aren’t fit tested for an elastic band N95 they are generally worthless anyway.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i have half-face p100 masks for the whole family because our family is all cybergoths

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i have a 15 year old msa half face with p100/ov cartridges and a couple of spare cartridges from the same date and my spray paint 3m half face with a half dozen p100/ov cartridges so i’m set for the next few days until the president changes his mind again.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’ve had to shave so that masks work

other thing is that surgical masks are not great at protection but excellent at stopping spread so if everyone just wore them then we would dominate the problem with n95s being saved for those actually working with the sickness

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

i’ve had to shave so that masks work

other thing is that surgical masks are not great at protection but excellent at stopping spread so if everyone just wore them then we would dominate the problem with n95s being saved for those actually working with the sickness

thats what china's strategy is

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
and they have more alive people than any other country on the planet

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

they are sure to have *some* effect, but while it is easy to go "might as well if it helps at all" it'll be another bit of fatigue, and as likely as not a lot of people will take the face mask as an excuse to be more careless in other ways.

or possibly it helps because it gives the appearance of doing something, re-energizing people a bit.

either way not a bad time to throw some things at the wall, we'll see.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

#woah

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

rotor posted:

i have half-face p100 masks for the whole family because our family is all cybergoths

this made me check if Cyberdog still exists (UK 90s kids will know) and yep it does and yep it's top sellers are masks

gonna get this and turn my trip to the supermarket into a cyber rave

https://www.cyberdog.net/products/cyberdog-multicolour-mask?variant=1431117627412

edit: where's the frog drugs icon gone?

edit 2: :pcgaming:

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Apr 4, 2020

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

echinopsis posted:

actually everyone in China is dead from the virus and the Chinese communist party is lying about it to make the USA look bad.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Stereotype posted:

actually everyone in China is dead from the virus and the Chinese communist party is lying about it to make the USA look bad.

yeah i live in china and i can confirm

mystes
May 31, 2006

fart simpson posted:

yeah i live in china and i can confirm

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

a man who takes his usb cables very seriously: https://medium.com/@kolluru.nathan/field-mitigation-of-usb-c-problems-c2024a868760

quote:

In programming terms, you need a mutex/lock. In medical terms, you need incident command authority. If you can obtain neither; abort. You probably can’t afford repercussions in case of fault.

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

incredible courage under pressure, imagine having to make fart apps on a laptop with only one external screen!

this is up there with the apollo 13 mission when it comes to ingenuity in dire conditions!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

is this a joke

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i too have a triaged collection of mission critical connectors, in the form of a big box where i chuck all my spare and obsolete crap in case i need to connect a dot matrix printer to my thunderbolt dock one day

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

if a cable doesn't work i unplug it and plug in a different one until it does.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
if i get a cable that does not work i cut it in half

life is too short

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

that's a good idea too. i throw them out but i wouldn't want to gently caress over some homeless guy who thought he scored a new charger cable from my trash bin.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

if i get a cable that does not work i cut it in half

life is too short

but then your cable is too

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i found 3 n95s in my tools from when i was patching my drywall or something a couple years ago

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Slippery Tilde
lol drat nyc is offering $10k/week to pull nurses from out of state and considering allowing veterinarians to treat humans after "some training"

meanwhile they've only put out alerts requesting doctors to come travel there and work unpaid on a volunteer basis, including retired doctors

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

c home office s: got a neat app that lets me use my ipad as a second monitor via usb. pretty good, except I can’t figure out how to not have the RDS take up both screens.