Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Wrestlemania have been postponed?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 44 28.76%
Yes. 109 71.24%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Smackdown Results 4/3:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • Miz & Morrison, The New Day and The Usos brawled at the start of the show after MizTV got sidetracked. Miz and Morrison came out on top.
  • WWE is still advertising the triple threat tag match as happening even though Miz got sent home sick the day of the Mania tapings.
  • Tamina defeated Lacey Evans and Naomi in a triple threat match thanks to a distraction by Bayley. Postmatch, Tamina superkicked Bayley and gave Sasha Banks the Samoan Drop.
  • The static-y image seen on recent shows appeared again during a backstage segment with Tucker Knight, and the text THE TRUTH WILL BE HEARD appeared on the screen.
  • They replayed the excellent, excellent Ric Flair/Shawn Michaels match from Wrestlemania 24.
  • Ads for Wrestlemania still featured Roman Reigns, who publicly pulled out of the show over a week ago.
  • Michael Cole explained that after last week's bad fall, Elias might not be medically cleared to face Baron Corbin at Wrestlemania but for now the match is still on also Goldberg will now be facing Braun Strowman. Roman Reigns' name wasn't even mentioned.
  • Otis freaked out backstage after getting a text message, presumably from Mandy Rose.
  • Tucker defeated Ziggler by DQ when Ziggler used the steel steps as a weapon. Mandy and Sonya stopped Ziggler attacking more.
  • Otis ran out and then THE TRUTH WILL BE HEARD guy appeared on the screen (under a black mask/hood with a voice disguiser) and showed camera footage revealing Sonya DeVille was working with Dolph to screw over Otis. So it's GTV again.
  • Mandy walked out on a distraught Sonya and Otis chased off Ziggler.
  • Daniel Bryan defeated Shinsuke Nakamura when Cesaro jumped in. Cesaro took out Drew Gulak, then he, Shinsuke and Sami Zayn beat up Bryan together.
  • John Cena accepted Bray Wyatt's challenge for a Firefly Funhouse Match at Wrestlemania.
  • The puppets appeared in the crowd chanting that Cena would play with them "forever" once The Fiend was done with them.
  • The Fiend appeared in the Crow's Nest, but then Bray appeared at Cena's side and said,"Let me in!" and when Cena turned around, he was alone in the ring.
  • WWE has still not said which matches are featuring on which night of Wrestlemania. The ladder triple threat tag match is still being advertised as happening.
  • GDT Discussion here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
God drat, the sheer loving contempt WWE has for everyone who watches it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:lmao:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I apologize for posting this btw, Poochie literally had a better exit from his program

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

So Cena v. Wyatt is basically 1998 Hogan v. Warrior?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1246255729201287168

this is The Good poo poo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cena looks like jim cornette in the still with the play button on it

edit. This was the wrong thread to talk about that guy. sorry. I would delete it but an empty post is no different... from any of my others........

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Roman has his situation and his reasons for doing the things that he's doing, but I will say from our standpoint and the storyline standpoint, it's going to play out in a unique manner, and we want it to play out that way. It's not necessarily putting me in an awkward position, it's just for me saying, "I don't want to give away the ending of the movie before the movie takes place.".
I think everybody just has to watch and see how this unfolds.

- Hunter “Paul” H

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

JT Smiley posted:

Rusec is my go to example whenever people say "why don't you just wait and see where the story is going?".

Rowan's spider is mine and I actually had one guy clap back at me with "YOU CANT CALL OUT ANY STORYLINE INTERRUPTED BY CORONA VIRUS"

Huntman posted:

On top of others having "historic" first singles matches at Mania

Braun having a world title match in this situation is hilarious for a guy they should've pulled the trigger on 3? years ago

I was shocked it wasn't Sheamus (who was last seen saying he's entering the elimination chamber) til I realized it's an all new chance for them to have Braun choke away a title.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

They shoulda never let Cena spit with Wiz Khalifa

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I never actually saw/heard that HHH quote. "Roman has his reasons for doing the things he's doing" is such a loving lovely way to describe Roman bailing because WWE is being unsafe and reckless and he doesn't want to risk his own health and the health of his family and anyone else. I will never get over people assigning all the blame for everything solely at the feet of Vince and looking to HHH for hope.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I was curious how they'd explain Roman's absence when mentioning coronavirus is on the same level of no-no as mentioning Benoit. Well that answers that.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Vagabundo posted:

So here's the actual WM card:

Otis v. Ziggler (w/ Mandy Rose)

Kabuki Warriors (C) v. Bliss and Cross - Women's Tag Team Championship Match

Zayn (C, w/ Cesaro and Nakamura) v. Bryan (w/ Gulak) - Intercontinental Championship Match

Edge v. Orton - Last Man Standing Match

Elias v. Corbin - A Reminder That It's Not A Bad Time To Drop The Kids Off At The Pool Match

Black v. Lashley (w/ Lana) - For Some Reason Match

Street Profits (C) v. Theory and Garza (w/ Zelina Vega) - Raw Tag Team Championship Match

Miz and Morrison (C) v. New Day (Big E and Kofi) v. Usos - SmackDown Tag Team Championship Ladder Match

Owens v. Rollins

Taker v. AJ - Sting v. Vampiro Tribute Match

Bayley (C) v. Evans v. Naomi v. Banks v. Tamina - SmackDown Women's Title Fatal 5-Way Elimination Match

Cena v. Wyatt - Firefly Funhouse Match, whatever that is

Lynch (C) v. Baszler - Raw Women's Championship Match

Goldberg (C) v. RomanSomeone - Universal Championship Match

Lesnar (C) v. Drew - WWE Championship Match

Ripley (C) v. Charlotte - NXT Women's Championship Charlotte Wins lol Match

Even under normal circumstances with a regular Mania, 16 matches is a loving death march holy poo poo.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
bray

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Like I legit wonder if WWE got cold feet about refund requests if they continued to advertise Roman as on Mania knowing full well that he wasn't and figured throwing this out at the last second would give them the "SEE SEE WE SAID ROMAN WASN'T INVOLVED" out to deny said requests...

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
"It doesn't matter if Wrestlemania is good or bad, as long as we still put on Wrestlemania! It'll be good poo poo!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

By the way, if you go to the,"How to watch Wrestlemania" page still on the front of WWE.com, it still lists Goldberg vs. Roman Reigns as the match :lol:

It also uses a graphic that prominently features Roman as well.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

CobiWann posted:

"It doesn't matter if Wrestlemania is good or bad, as long as we still put on Wrestlemania! It'll be good poo poo!"

And the truth is that 3 days from now a bunch of people will be praising a handful of matches, laughing about a few other things, and justifying it as "the best they could do under the circumstances" because these days WWE is all about low expectations, no cost, and justifying the time you invested in it.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I wonder if Roman gets punished for not wanting to die for the WWE.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Wait...was Roman removed in such a manner that he died on the way back to his home planet?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

CobiWann posted:

Wait...was Roman removed in such a manner that he died on the way back to his home planet?

Better he was replaced without being mentioned at all.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CobiWann posted:

F4Wonline recap posted:

Cole then announced that Universal Champion Goldberg defends against Braun Strowman at WrestleMania. There was no unique explanation or storyline for the change of the match. Cole simply announced the new match. There was also no mention of Roman Reigns either.

Chris James 2 posted:

Poochie literally had a better exit from his program

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

CobiWann posted:

Imagine you're watching the Simpsons, and in the middle of some random Homer-focused episode in, say, season 8, they go to commercial, come back, and Homer is just gone. No explanation. No comment. Nothing. Gone.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Sono posted:

Imagine you're watching the Simpsons, and in the middle of some random Homer-focused episode in, say, season 8, they go to commercial, come back, and Homer is just gone. No explanation. No comment. Nothing. Gone.

Oh I think I’ve read this creepypasta before

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The best part was that they opened the segment with Cole excitedly announcing breaking news about a potential change to a Wrestlemania match... and he was referring to the storyline attack on Elias by Baron Corbin.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

I apologize for posting this btw, Poochie literally had a better exit from his program

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They wanted Roman to be their next Cena

This is how they treat their golden child

Why would anyone sign with this company again

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
All hail Paul and his glorious new regime!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

i think that one of the problems with Goldberg vs Braun is that with either result, the title either stays on Goldberg when he is too old/doesn't need the belt or the belt is put on Braun who is rather..meh.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i'm excited for wrestlemania!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

goldberg should get all the belts. the next year of wwe should be him jackhammering every main roster superstar to dead silence in empty arenas around the world. half of the nxt superstars too. bring in evolve's roster and feed them to goldberg. send him to england and have him jackhammer the ghost of big daddy to finally put the nail in Britwres' coffin. all hail king goldberg.

goooooldbeeeeeerg
gooooooooooooooldbeeeeeerg
goooooldbeeeeeerg

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

I feel like this is probably the one that makes Vince forsake Roman. Vince can look past your organs exploding, Vince can look past the crowds loving hating you, Vince can look past you pissing hot....I don't think Vince is going to look past choosing your health and your family over his desire to not look weak in front of a virus.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Benne posted:

What's hilarious is they could have pushed Roman to the moon after he came back from beating cancer and finally gotten the crowd reaction they so desperately wanted for him but did nothing. Same poo poo with Daniel Bryan when he returned. Surprised they didn't have Edge feud with Baron Corbin or Dolph Ziggler after the Rumble. Maybe they will rehire Big Cass for Edge's next match after Orton.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

bartok posted:

What's hilarious is they could have pushed Roman to the moon after he came back from beating cancer and finally gotten the crowd reaction they so desperately wanted for him but did nothing. Same poo poo with Daniel Bryan when he returned. Surprised they didn't have Edge feud with Baron Corbin or Dolph Ziggler after the Rumble. Maybe they will rehire Big Cass for Edge's next match after Orton.

They honestly couldn't have. Roman was getting cheered but he got a very tepid reaction with a healthy mix of boos at WrestleMania and he definitely got boos at the Royal Rumble. People are ready to like Roman, but they still don't want him as the top guy.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

god who even is left that people *do* want to be the top guy? i don't see major positive reactions about anyone on the roster anymore, here or reddit or Twitter. except for bill goldberg. recently ive been seeing a lot of posts on here about how cool goldberg is.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

...does quarantine cause accidental selective blindness? :ohdear:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aye Doc posted:

god who even is left that people *do* want to be the top guy? i don't see major positive reactions about anyone on the roster anymore, here or reddit or Twitter. except for bill goldberg. recently ive been seeing a lot of posts on here about how cool goldberg is.

Bryan.

And, frankly, Balor. I think if Balor beats Brock instead of Seth at WM35, fans don't turn on him the way they did on Seth.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
wwe sucks

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Keith Lee?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

MJeff posted:

They honestly couldn't have. Roman was getting cheered but he got a very tepid reaction with a healthy mix of boos at WrestleMania and he definitely got boos at the Royal Rumble. People are ready to like Roman, but they still don't want him as the top guy.

To be fair I stopped watching all together right before the second Saudi show. I just based that on less people bitching about Roman on my Twitter feed and listening to WWE recaps where they would bring up how Roman was getting more cheers than boos.