Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Dracula Factory posted:

This event is the easiest wins you could ever hope for, it's all RDW players who dont know how to play the deck. Too bad the rewards arent dupe protected, I just got gems.

yeah, I've been using this GW enchantment deck I haven't wanted to spend the wild cards on. It's about convinced me I need to. Building a giant Setessan Champion off its own card draw is real fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

AngryBooch posted:

It's one of the best decks in standard right now, not really a meme.

People said this about Temur Adventures and I haven't seen that deck in weeks. I assume someone won something with Rakdos Oven?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Wacky Delly posted:

yeah, I've been using this GW enchantment deck I haven't wanted to spend the wild cards on. It's about convinced me I need to. Building a giant Setessan Champion off its own card draw is real fun.

The Swole Druids deck is amazingly fun, it's potentially ladder worthy I think, but it probably needs tweaking to have a little more interaction and a little less voltron-building than I'm running it in the play queue.

it's fairly low on wildcards generally,t oo.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

GrandpaPants posted:

People said this about Temur Adventures and I haven't seen that deck in weeks. I assume someone won something with Rakdos Oven?

Rakdos Sacrifice was developed to fight Temur Clover just like Temur Clover was developed to fight UW Control. The metagame has evolved dramatically since the World Championship.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Wacky Delly posted:

I actually prefer enchanting a Paradise Druid for the hexproof. Vigilance, flying, and huge from All That Glitters are hilarious together.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The tweak I've done to it was chucking a couple of Mirror Shields in there, to give Hexproof to whatever Voltron you happen to build.

It's not strong in a meta context but it's fun.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Warbriar Blessing and Glaring Aegis are also both cheap ways to interact with creatures.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

IMJack posted:

Mechagodzilla is an alt-art of Crystalline Giant, the card right next to it. But it's one of the Japanese-language exclusive styles, yes. At least in print.

Yeah who says that's a dumb ability? It's a 3/3 for 3 colorless than can nab something great like Hexproof the turn it comes into play and just keeps getting nastier. Fits the flavor well to keep getting upgrades too.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

laughing at all the people in the "you get every card in standard, for free" event going:
:manning: yes i will play monored yet again

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

What's a good dumb against the odds style build around for that one?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
i easily made mythic last month with bant ramp and now my rank has not budged after 20 matches with it. gently caress this stupid game i hate it

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Owlbear Camus posted:

What's a good dumb against the odds style build around for that one?

All Planeswalker Sarkhan deck.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I tried to play something dumb with the triple-mana dude, Wilderness Reclamation, and ways to play big dumb spells on my opponent's turn.

I never got to do anything fun because my opponents scooped to Wilderness Rec + Teferi

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I sorted by red rares, looked at the most expensive ones, found that there was one that tutors up four minotaurs and pukes them onto the battlefield and now I'm doing loving MINOTAUR TRIBAL SUCK MY DICK

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

On this event I easily got the two wins with my dumb Garruk/Kiora deck, wasn't expecting that.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

B O V I N E
D O M I N A T I O N

https://twitter.com/TheGr8Aspie/status/1246249108916113410

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Cow-tow was right there dude, missed opportunity, I say.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Yeah I went 0-3 trying to play tier decks, then busted out my Mardu control (feat Kroxa/Hushbringer) and 2-0ed versus fires and RDW. Till next week!

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Just tripled Frilled Mystic countered, in immediate succession, two Cavaliers of Night and one Liliana :heysexy:

This is a bs nonsense game but then rarely, every once in a while, it is bs nonsense in your favor.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Brawl is really fun

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Has wotc posted the list for the cube that starts up tomorrow?

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/mtg-arena-cube-sealed-card-list-2020-04-03

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Thanks.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

I think it's a boring cube. They can spice it up with cards they've got in mtga, like the p9, but noooooo.

:smith:

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's my fnm event deck. Always wanted to build giant tribal.

quote:

4 Hushbringer ELD
3 Paradise Druid WAR
3 Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger THB
3 Bonecrusher Giant ELD
4 Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath THB
4 Realm-Cloaked Giant ELD
3 Beanstalk Giant ELD

4 Return of the Wildspeaker ELD

4 Chromatic Lantern GRN

3 Banishing Light THB

4 Evolving Wilds M20
4 Fabled Passage ELD
4 Forest UND
2 Island UND
2 Mountain UND
3 Plains UND
2 Swamp UND
4 Temple Garden GRN

SB: 4 Blightbeetle M20
SB: 4 Sunder Shaman RNA
SB: 3 Thrash RNA
SB: 4 The Great Henge ELD

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Another beginner's drafting question: What would you pick here?

Part of me thinks that taking a common over a rare is wasteful unless I am certain that the common fits the rest of my deck, especially when it is strong in standard. On the other hand it seems pretty greedy to pick a rare that is that is that unlikely to be useful.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

VictualSquid posted:

Another beginner's drafting question: What would you pick here?

Part of me thinks that taking a common over a rare is wasteful unless I am certain that the common fits the rest of my deck, especially when it is strong in standard. On the other hand it seems pretty greedy to pick a rare that is that is that unlikely to be useful.
Banishing LIght 100%. Followed by Dreadful Apathy, then probably Omen of the Sea or Witness of Tomorrows.

It's a pretty mediocre pack, there are no bombs in it, you don't know yet if the land will be useful and even if it is you don't want to first pick it, so take the removal. Light versus Apathy is a bit of a close run thing - Apathy has a neat combo with FLicker of Fate and is less vulnerable to opposing removal but Light has MUCH better targetting ability, so it wins.

You'll be hoping to wheel Surge, maybe, or one of the better commons, but it's a poor draw unfortunately.

E: It's super hard to get over the impulse to draft rares because they're rare, but you will do WAY better at building your collection if you don't. Simply because your drafts will be more successful, and successful drafts get you more returns which get you more drafts and packs, which get you more rares and packs get you wildcards which are what you really need to build your constructed decks.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Apr 4, 2020

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I've gone a bit back and forth between Light and Apathy, and it's definitely somewhat close. Apathy is also searchable by Heliod's Pilgrims which are a core white common and as mentioned less vulnerable to all the maindeckable enchant removal (and cards like Flicker). Light is the far better bomb eraser though, targeting anything from Ashiok to Shadowspear.

The more interesting thing about that P1P1 is that it has four playable cards in the least popular color which is blue and complete trash in both black and green. It should be a fairly informative wheel on which colors are likely to be open, specifically on how many if any blue cards will come back and if the extremely low-priority cards in the more popular colors will be there or not.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Kanfy posted:

I've gone a bit back and forth between Light and Apathy, and it's definitely somewhat close. Apathy is also searchable by Heliod's Pilgrims which are a core white common and as mentioned less vulnerable to all the maindeckable enchant removal (and cards like Flicker). Light is the far better bomb eraser though, targeting anything from Ashiok to Shadowspear.

The more interesting thing about that P1P1 is that it has four playable cards in the least popular color which is blue and complete trash in both black and green. It should be a fairly informative wheel on which colors are likely to be open, specifically on how many if any blue cards will come back and if the extremely low-priority cards in the more popular colors will be there or not.
I have absolutely no idea how to tell what colors are open.
I just went through the first pack, and I feel like going blue-white:
https://www.17lands.com/draft/0e4218bf5b754f96b2d50f4afefa3ee3

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Pick Thassa, dude.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, given what you did with pack 1, it's clearly Thassa, but that's not even close to what I would have done with pack 1.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Taking a mythic for constructed makes sense but Thassa is a terrible pick there from a purely limited perspective.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
My first impression of Cube Sealed is "I won, so it rules"
https://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/1246472069866573824

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Thanks to everyone who's providing feedback on my drafts, I'm learning a lot

If anyone wasn't able to find a discord channel for FNM lemme know I got an extra code for the Ajani sleeves

Any thoughts on my cube deck? I was thinking green for the mana fixing, but green doesn't seem to do anything and I don't think assassin's trophy alone is enough. Black is the strongest color by far, and white seemed good enough to complement it

Card pool: https://www.17lands.com/pool/94b957337e4b4132a9289b1acb32902a

Deck: https://www.17lands.com/deck/94b957337e4b4132a9289b1acb32902a

Please note I do sealed less than limited and am probably bad

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

I played for a month or two a year ago (stopped around when the last Ravnica set came out). Should I figure out my old login to play again, or do new players get enough stuff that I should just start a new account?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Sega 32X posted:

I played for a month or two a year ago (stopped around when the last Ravnica set came out). Should I figure out my old login to play again, or do new players get enough stuff that I should just start a new account?

Probably not worth bothering to be honest, unless you desperately want to play HIstoric.

The new player stuff will get you current Standard stuff wher your old account will only have Guilds that's in Standard ATM.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Apologies to Brylcreem, whom I spanked furiously as Rackdos vs Elementals, by taking all your stuff with Robber of the rich

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Is Cycling instant speed?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

thespaceinvader posted:

Oui

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

thespaceinvader posted:

yea