Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Gaj make his own thread
This poll is closed.
Yes, make a new thread 6 54.55%
No, keep things just how they are 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I am self-quarantining now, but when I was still going to my stupid retail job, the boomers have been the dumbest about basically everything involving Covid-19.

From complaining the loudest when stores dare to be out of necessary supplies to refusing to stand six feet apart in the checkout line, they are doing their best to make this whole lovely experience even shitter.

My store put little containers of cotton swabs by the register for people to use instead of touching the pinpads. Most people could figure it out, but it definitely blew some old peoples' minds.

Old person: :saddowns: *hesitates to touch pinpad*

Me: :) You can use the q-tips instead!

:saddowns: How does it work?

:) Well, you just take a q-tip and use it to press the buttons.

:saddowns:*takes a q-tip* How do I do that?
:) You....pretend it's your finger, and enter your phone number with it? :ughh:

:saddowns: *hesitates, does not understand*

Like how loving hard is that to figure out. It happened with at least ten old people.

better then how it is here. the stores wont let employees wear masks or gloves because it scares the customers and only one store put up sneeze guards. i have a face mask but it isnt m94 and gloves and i got called a snowflake by a boomer. I told her when she gets the roni to remember this then i took off my mask and faked sneeze. so if i stop posting soon im in guantonamo bay as a terrorist .

v pretty sure fake sneezing isnt a crime. i was making a joke about the idiots doing pranks about having the roni.

snergle fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Apr 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
you should maybe not post about crimes youre doing

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
There should be a thread for celebrating reading this entire thread. It changes you. I've come out the other side with calluses on my heart and maybe some brain damage.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Boomers love Hard Rock Cafe's

It's still a lovely chain restaurant, but they can feel cool about it because they're eating next to a guitar Gary Moore played once in 1984.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

twistedmentat posted:

It's still a lovely chain restaurant, but they can feel cool about it because they're eating next to a guitar Gary Moore played once in 1984.

This scans. Every vacation with my parents included at least one trip to the hard rock in town, or planet hollywood when those were around. You couldn't pay me to go to one on my own cognition.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Did you know Hard Rock Cafe pin collecting culture is a thing? My friend's navy buddy came to town so we showed him Phoenix. One thing he super wanted to do was go to Hard Rock Cafe and buy a shitload of pins. He was a pretty cool dude and bought us drinks so I didn't mind. Still, a military man, so he's a boomer at heart.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Detective No. 27 posted:

Did you know Hard Rock Cafe pin collecting culture is a thing? My friend's navy buddy came to town so we showed him Phoenix. One thing he super wanted to do was go to Hard Rock Cafe and buy a shitload of pins. He was a pretty cool dude and bought us drinks so I didn't mind. Still, a military man, so he's a boomer at heart.

its funko pops for boomers

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yes because they have the market cornered/flooded on guitar pins. Makes it hard to find anything on eBay that looks cool and isn't Hard Rock branded, so that's my excuse for giving in and having a few peppered in between the band pins on my board. Hopefully pin collecting itself isn't a boomer activity, but most of the major categories of it are: you've got Hard Rock, Disney, The Olympics, Baseball, and Pinny Arcade as the outlier.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

wtf dude go hit up etsy for pins

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Harvey Mantaco posted:

There should be a thread for celebrating reading this entire thread. It changes you. I've come out the other side with calluses on my heart and maybe some brain damage.

that sounds more like a support group

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm seeing a rise in nerd pin collecting, so it's not a boomer thing. But Hard Rock Cafe pin collecting is so specifically boomer.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Not sure how boomer Jimmy Saville is, but that pedophilia was basically normalised in the 70s is about the only thing that even begins to explain it.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm seeing a rise in nerd pin collecting, so it's not a boomer thing. But Hard Rock Cafe pin collecting is so specifically boomer.

I was going to make a case for Disney pins being more boomery, but then I remembered insane Disney fans encompass all ages.

shame on an IGA posted:

wtf dude go hit up etsy for pins

Are you trying to shame me into supporting the struggling independent artist or something? The search results on Etsy are just as bad as eBay. Probably worse as actual designers are getting buried in Chinese knockoffs and the same listings for cruddy 80s band pins that are everywhere. At least I made it to page two before the first Hard Rock one popped up.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

My dad collects Hard Rock hats.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Play posted:

that sounds more like a support group

I told my wife. "I finished it". Got a big hug.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Also, Cracker Barrel

gently caress Cracker Barrel

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Also, Cracker Barrel

gently caress Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel is a special memory for me because there's maybe 4 in the entire state of CA so no one I ever talked to has been to one and I can gleefully describe a lovely country western version of Denny's is only it's constantly packed with exclusively elderly white folks who rave about the food.

Unlike Bob Evans, where they don't give a gently caress they are actively trying to kill you with food so it all does taste loving amazing.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Boomers love not making peace with baldness, and covering up their head with Hard Rock Cafe hats

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

ElGroucho posted:

Boomers love not making peace with baldness, and covering up their head with Hard Rock Cafe hats

Hats prevent sunburn. The combover or hair follicle transplants are what you're looking for.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
We're going to act like boomers don't wear hats 24/7 huh

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

SimonCat posted:

Hats prevent sunburn. The combover or hair follicle transplants are what you're looking for.

They also keep your head warm, I presume.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Cracker Barrels are a godsend if you’re traveling long distances. The food is good, kids can wander around the gift shop, and the faucet water in the bathroom is hotter than molten lava and excellent for cleaning out crusty baby bottles.

I can’t imagine going to one regularly though. Half the people eating there are one more biscuit away from losing a toe to diabetes.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Yeah but Bob Evans helped kill Jerry Falwell with greasy heart clogging food.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
You ever been to a Village Inn? Now that’s good eating

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

My wife.and I had a gift card to cracker barrel for like 3 years and we finally went to one. We were pleasantly surprised, particularly compared to the Olive garden we had gone to the week prior (also had a gift card).

Would probably go to cracker barrel again, but not olive garden

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

cracker barrel is great if you just stick to breakfast

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Drive I-81 through VA sometime, every exit for 300 miles has a Cracker Barrel and only a Cracker Barrel

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

hawowanlawow posted:

cracker barrel is great if you just stick to breakfast

Not sure I'd particularly want crackers or barrels for breakfast thank you.

This is why I like McDonalds. Who wouldn't want to eat a farmer named McDonald as a meal.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
They call it cracker barrel cause if you go there it's always full of crackers

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Cracker Barrel has good food but ngl if I were driving real long distances as a POC there are some where I'd want to check a guide to make sure I wouldn't get a lot of "so you ain't from around here huh boy?"s.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
I do enjoy the occasional moments where this thread overreaches massively and you get some dildo trying to pretend things like hats or using cutlery is boomer as gently caress.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Julius CSAR posted:

You ever been to a Village Inn? Now that’s good eating

This man knows.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Disgusting Coward posted:

I do enjoy the occasional moments where this thread overreaches massively and you get some dildo trying to pretend things like hats or using cutlery is boomer as gently caress.

We got one! A boomer in its natural environment,

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Colonel Cancer posted:

They call it cracker barrel cause if you go there it's always full of crackers

mind the walrus posted:

Cracker Barrel has good food but ngl if I were driving real long distances as a POC there are some where I'd want to check a guide to make sure I wouldn't get a lot of "so you ain't from around here huh boy?"s.

Due to multiple racial (and disability) discrimination lawsuits, all Cracker Barrel restaurants have to have this sign up now:

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Some Boomer posted this in a local Pokemon GO group of all places

Typical Boomer mentality of "It's not wrong if no one stops me"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Due to multiple racial (and disability) discrimination lawsuits, all Cracker Barrel restaurants have to have this sign up now:

Say what you want about McDonalds' original advertising towards black people, by food chain standards they're apparently astoundingly progressive.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Yeah, I thought Cracker Barrel being racist af was well-known.

Also, their food is bland.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Disgusting Coward posted:

Colonel Cancer posted:

We got one! A boomer in its natural environment,

Yeah, come on boomer. Get woke "AF" like the rest of us, Cutlery is racist.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Cracker Barrel sucks rear end and there is never a good reason to eat there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
saying "boomers wear hats" is only the same as saying "wearing hats is a boomer thing which only boomers do" if you have the approximate reading comprehension skills of a boomer on facebook