Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Wrestlemania have been postponed?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 44 28.76%
Yes. 109 71.24%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

A Salty Affair
Oct 9, 2012

No Tony Khan, wrap it up AEWailures :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I made a Wrestlemania thread and I cannot wrap my head around how the gently caress this company has managed to make the worst decisions possible at every single step of the way.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!
E: ^^^goddamnit :argh:

No Tony Khan, wrap it up AEWaliures :smugbert:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I made a Wrestlemania thread and I cannot wrap my head around how the gently caress this company has managed to make the worst decisions possible at every single step of the way.

Sheer loving stubbornness. Like, beyond even what I'm capable of.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

CopywrightMMXI posted:

This is probably to give them a heads up that mass gatherings aren’t coming back anytime soon.

It is absolutely not this!

Given what's already been reported, it's most likely Trump getting all the sports commissioners together to tell them to bring back events as soon as possible, because he believes that events being postponed or cancelled makes him personally look bad. There has already been reporting on Trump begging the NFL not to cancel events, because canceling makes Trump look bad.

There will also be a time for all of the commissioners to individually kiss Trump's rear end, as per the usual for this kind of meeting with him.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

AsInHowe posted:

Given what's already been reported, it's most likely Trump getting all the sports commissioners together to tell them to bring back events as soon as possible, because he believes that events being postponed or cancelled makes him personally look bad. There has already been reporting on Trump begging the NFL not to cancel events, because canceling makes Trump look bad.

There will also be a time for all of the commissioners to individually kiss Trump's rear end, as per the usual for this kind of meeting with him.

So many Americans are going to die, all because of Trump and Vince McMahon, amongst others.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dell_Zincht posted:

So many Americans are going to die, all because of Trump and Vince McMahon, amongst others.

It's genuinely disgusting. America is hosed

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Liv vs Natalya and Cesaro vs Gulak have been announced for the pre-shows

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

fatherofmustard posted:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

fatherofmustard posted:

....why? WHY!?!

I mean it's bad enough announcing this six hours before the show starts, but why have a pre-show at all? Oh my God what is this company doing?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

....why? WHY!?!

I mean it's bad enough announcing this six hours before the show starts, but why have a pre-show at all? Oh my God what is this company doing?

The whims of a crazy old man that's what.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Remember how Liv got beaten, declared she was leaving to find herself, got some vignettes about how she was finally going to stand up and make herself known and heard and be true to herself... then they brought her back to be a lovely faux-Lesbian twist to a cuck storyline, then that got abandoned in favor of Ruby Riott returning and turning on her, and then Sarah Logan warned that she'd stand up for herself too, then Shayna Baszler murdered all of them and I don't think any of them have been seen since?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

A handy guide to remembering how the Wrestelmania main event changed:

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
So instead of two special 4 hours broadcasts they will run two full on 7-8 hours of regular WM? What the gently caress?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Chris James 2 posted:

Mark Henry to TMZ: "I think Mania 36 could have 200mil viewers" https://www.tmz.com/2020/04/04/mark-henry-wwe-wrestlemania-36/

Mark Henry has lost all sense of reality

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Why do these people continue to defend the wwe after they’re gone, is it some sort of ptsd and Stockholm syndrome? It’s loving baffling

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Do it ironically posted:

Why do these people continue to defend the wwe after they’re gone, is it some sort of ptsd and Stockholm syndrome? It’s loving baffling

Fandom in wrestling is weird its no different to TNA fans doing it for years. It is worse now because sites like twitter exist so the worst of opinions can be shot out to the world instantly.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Zeta Acosta posted:

So instead of two special 4 hours broadcasts they will run two full on 7-8 hours of regular WM? What the gently caress?

Network schedule has Kickoff at 6pm EST, Wrestlemania from 7-11pm. So... 10 hours of Wrestlemania

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Zeta Acosta posted:

If it were the same total length as a regular year WrestleMania then it wouldn't really be too big for one night.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

how

how

they don’t even have the scope for goofy over the top entrances. long matches drag so much more without a crowd. how can they stretch this poo poo out to 8 hours + 2 more for preshow.

ive decided im not gonna watch after all

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I am going to need a statistical breakdown of all of the different types of dead air 10 hours of WWE programming over two days is going to have.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

this gif is a loving window into another universe because there's no goddamn way this actually happened and was on television, and you can't convince me it was.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TriffTshngo posted:

this gif is a loving window into another universe because there's no goddamn way this actually happened and was on television, and you can't convince me it was.

It was. The draft was especially hilarious because Vince enacted the "wildcard rule" like a week later that made the whole thing even more meaningless

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Do it ironically posted:

WWE is a cult

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Do it ironically posted:

Gotta keep cashing that WWE Legends paycheck in these trying times.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
i will be playing Control

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

TriffTshngo posted:

They recorded a handful of these reactions and actually reused them between Raw and Smackdown since the draft was split over two shows. The Fox football robot was a member of Fox's war room.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It was. The draft was especially hilarious because Vince enacted the "wildcard rule" like a week later that made the whole thing even more meaningless

No, that was the previous draft.

There were two drafts in 2019 (April 'WWE Superstar Shakeup' that was immediately followed by the wildcard rules, October 'WWE Draft' with the war rooms).

WWE is broken. The war rooms are absurd. The football robot is cool though. Maybe he(?) can fight Goldberg.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

The draft also initially was going in the order of an article on which wrestlers were in the draft on wwe.com

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I was linked to Cena cutting a promo on Bray and...wow, Cena never quite got the whole "Don't point out your opponent is a chump, because if you win then you beat a chump, if you lose then you lost to a chump" thing

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Cena has always clowned his opponents which has always been my big problem with him. But in his defense he clearly patterned himself off Rock who did that too. Although Rock was better at making it entertaining so you were laughing at it, plus a lot of the time it was just his catchphrases so it didn't resonate.

Ha. WM is today. That's funny to me.

AsInHowe posted:

Yeah, my guess is this is a plea to them all to get started up again in empty arena so Trump can boast about a return to normalcy and how fast he's winning. Dana White let the cat out of the bag early on that Trump and Pence were making personal pleas to him to keep his events going and Vince almost certainly got the same deal about WM influencing the decision to run this mess. I don't think the main leagues will give though. They were really the first in our country to act and it was a good look for them, and I doubt they're gonna suddenly screw that up. Maybe the PGA or Nascar but not the team sports.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 4, 2020

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Rarity posted:

WWE is a cult

W-wh-what? N--no, no they're not

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, Cena has always clowned his opponents which has always been my big problem with him. But in his defense he clearly patterned himself off Rock who did that too. Although Rock was better at making it entertaining so you were laughing at it, plus a lot of the time it was just his catchphrases so it didn't resonate.

It's not just that he makes them look like a chump, but he does it in annoying kayfabe-breaking ways that remove any kind of jeopardy from whoever he's feuding with. Like referring to people's old gimmicks etc.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

STAC Goat posted:

Maybe the PGA or Nascar but not the team sports.

Seems like the PGA would have an easy time keeping people apart if they don't invite crowds.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Defiance Industries posted:

Seems like the PGA would have an easy time keeping people apart if they don't invite crowds.

The issue is the grounds crews and support staff and tv production crews, etc. Hundreds of people you're making travel and work and probably in close proximity to make it possible. That's the same invisible problem with the wrestling shows. We only focus on the talent on air, we don't consider the people who make it possible for it to happen and make air.

But optics are all people like Trump and Vince care about and you could do PGA and 99% of people would never think anything of it. But also no one's gonna go "we're back to normal now because golf is back on TV."

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

DeathChicken posted:

I was linked to Cena cutting a promo on Bray and...wow, Cena never quite got the whole "Don't point out your opponent is a chump, because if you win then you beat a chump, if you lose then you lost to a chump" thing

I can't help but feel that Cena's agency in that is minimal. In Vince's mind that's all Cena's rivals are; chumps to be disposed of by the ace.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Answers Me posted:

It's not just that he makes them look like a chump, but he does it in annoying kayfabe-breaking ways that remove any kind of jeopardy from whoever he's feuding with. Like referring to people's old gimmicks etc.

Yeah, I think that's the difference between the Rock and Cena in this. Rock absolutely clowned his opponents and didn't keep to the "don't make your opponent look bad" thing, but 90% of the time it was just Rock's catchphrases and routine so it was barely even about his opponent. It was just Rock doing his act. But Cena actually goes after his opponents and makes it about them. So when he's calling someone a joke and referencing specific stuff about the guy (especially stuff that IS bad) it resonates more than "roody poo candy rear end."

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Really hard not to make your opponent look like a clown when they are literally a clown

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
https://twitter.com/RemingSteele/status/1246439092507811847

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

....why? WHY!?!

Does it count as Wrestlemania in the modern age if watching it doesn't feel like a feat of endurance?