Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
sry i got drunk last night and played ff14

why is bee man not on that list tbh hum if ur trying to go after the lazy people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
actually wait i misread votefinder

##vote b-minus

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

flerp posted:

sry i got drunk last night and played ff14

why is bee man not on that list tbh hum if ur trying to go after the lazy people

Binus is very in line with his town meta so far of being completely useless

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i kinda remember bee man being a lot more aggressive and active day 1 but i cant remember if those were scum games or town games

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

In my experience he gets weirdly aggressive and sure of one person being scum around day 2 or 3 and he has like a 50% chance of being right about it

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
better than my rate of 0% :(

i guess to respond to cases, bif feels like classic bif

toal feels weird esp w/ the amni stuff that rly makes it seem less like they want to convince people and just want an opinion out there

AA does look weird, would like to see him and the other lurker crew (merk, dancer) post more. i dont remember merk being this bad of a lurker, dancer i do vaguely recall can do that tho

also where the gently caress is solus? vienna? even etr popping in w/ a nothing post. lots of people that are theyre to skip out on d1

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
##unvote I no longer think Steak is scum. I disagree with his analysis that scum wouldn’t overreact to joke votes, since I think scum tend exaggerate the danger they are in, and I generally hate meta self defenses but I liked the cool down and the response was genuine.

Amnistar posted:

You have now, since pressure has been applied, taken a firmer stance that is accountable, but that does not change the fact that you behaved the way you did.

What pressure? I promise you that I would have played the exact same way regardless, even without the one vote based on a flimsy case. The only reason I’m responding to the case is because I think it’s fabricated, and I’m trying to figure out whether it’s because you are town trying to generate content day 1 or scum looking for a place to park their vote.

I still don’t know exactly what stances you thought I was trying to waffle on. I made the transition from joke to real vote very clear. So, what stances do you think I was

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

flerp posted:

i kinda remember bee man being a lot more aggressive and active day 1 but i cant remember if those were scum games or town games

lol when??? i think you're remembering a different person.

flerp posted:

better than my rate of 0% :(

i guess to respond to cases, bif feels like classic bif

toal feels weird esp w/ the amni stuff that rly makes it seem less like they want to convince people and just want an opinion out there

AA does look weird, would like to see him and the other lurker crew (merk, dancer) post more. i dont remember merk being this bad of a lurker, dancer i do vaguely recall can do that tho

also where the gently caress is solus? vienna? even etr popping in w/ a nothing post. lots of people that are theyre to skip out on d1

wait, solus is in the game??

##vote solus lurker kill

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

I like the AA vote, tbh. His +1 is weak as hell especially after he acknowledged that he has zero real content in this game. Sure it’s day 1, but Bif killed joke phase pretty decisively. Time to play.

##vote AA

Bad vote by bad hum

##vote hum

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Mr. Steak posted:

wait, solus is in the game??

##vote solus lurker kill

drat, right after I unvoted him Steak did me dirty like this

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Bad vote by bad hum

##vote hum

Scum team come get ya boy

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I hate anyone who popped into say “wow Bif and YPM are both town because they made bad cases ~~crazy~~ bye”

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Mr. Steak posted:

lol when??? i think you're remembering a different person.

i remember vaguely yelling at bee man many a times but i dont remember what days they were

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Steak give us some scum reads so I feel better about unvoting you, you have mechanics talk and a lurker vote so far

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

Scum team come get ya boy

I wish I was scum.

Scum is easier than town by far.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Bifauxnen posted:

How do you know which takes are bad, Gamer?

Please list out for me exactly why you disagree with every case made up till now

And why you aren't even voting for "the real scum"

Your Personal Muse posted:

A fun fact: if you had said “two people” instead of “a bunch”, my case would be the same, if not stronger. You still took the time to defuse two joke votes.

if this is anything more then stirring the pot to get reads or is in anyway a genuine case then lmao

I hate anyone who popped into say “wow Bif and YPM are both town because they made bad cases ~~crazy~~ bye”

to be fair

you're both also most of the actual effort posts compared to team white noise, self included

im tired to maybe later

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Anyone who came in said anything low effort and then pissed off is scummy

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I wish I was scum.

Scum is easier than town by far.

Hell no i always feel like I’ve let my team down when I’m scum

Town I can just blame my team for being loving morons

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
This day 1 feels like rear end. I'm not a fan of any of the arguments

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

This day 1 feels like rear end. I'm not a fan of any of the arguments

Agreed, wish at least one person’s day action got resolved, feel like that set a weird tone

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Agreed, wish at least one person’s day action got resolved, feel like that set a weird tone

I feel like they should have all been resolved say...24 hours before day end. That would strike a balance between Yami having to constantly respond to day actions as they trickle in and it wouldn’t force us to play day 1 vanilla mafia.

Which we all hate because we’re bad at it

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Humalong posted:

I like the AA vote, tbh. His +1 is weak as hell especially after he acknowledged that he has zero real content in this game. Sure it’s day 1, but Bif killed joke phase pretty decisively. Time to play.

##vote AA

I really don't like the way either you or Dragon have characterised AA as just weak latching on when I specifically pitched the case to him personally

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Okay my D1 time capsule for calling the scumteam is: Hum/Dragon/Gamer/(someone else)

The someone else could be maybe binus or Toal or maybe merk, since he's been lurking too but no one's actually mentioned it

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Day 1 sucks and you're all scum afaik

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

##unvote I no longer think Steak is scum. I disagree with his analysis that scum wouldn’t overreact to joke votes, since I think scum tend exaggerate the danger they are in, and I generally hate meta self defenses but I liked the cool down and the response was genuine.

What pressure? I promise you that I would have played the exact same way regardless, even without the one vote based on a flimsy case. The only reason I’m responding to the case is because I think it’s fabricated, and I’m trying to figure out whether it’s because you are town trying to generate content day 1 or scum looking for a place to park their vote.

I still don’t know exactly what stances you thought I was trying to waffle on. I made the transition from joke to real vote very clear. So, what stances do you think I was

People talking about your posting is pressure. Pressure is not always votes.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Steak give us some scum reads so I feel better about unvoting you, you have mechanics talk and a lurker vote so far

my scum reads are people who aren't trying.

tbh hum sounds a lot worse to me now that he's just spending a lot of posts blaming d1 for being vanilla maf, instead of trying to help scumhunt.

etr is the same

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

D1 is the best, it's when you're unfettered by angst over the missteps of previous days, just throwing poo poo out there making the nothing take shape into something

and for a brief moment, you can still live in hope that maybe you are totally right about everything and it'll be so great

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

my scum reads are people who aren't trying.

tbh hum sounds a lot worse to me now that he's just spending a lot of posts blaming d1 for being vanilla maf, instead of trying to help scumhunt.

etr is the same

I have pointed out several people whose posts I do not like

This includes yours

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Amnistar posted:

People talking about your posting is pressure. Pressure is not always votes.

Talking is only pressure if there is real worry from the target, otherwise it’s empty talk. There was literally zero threat from your case. Stop avoiding my question. You said I was slipping in and out of joke phase so that I could avoid scrutiny on my stances. What stances were those?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
Hello game, my husband is brave enough to help me try to bleach streaks into my hair. This will probably all end in tears.

No I haven't posted much. D1 is being weird and flat. I think we all got hyped up for the bloodbath and then blue balled having to wait for EOD.

I need to reread hidden mafia 1 because I feel like some of the scum got to rolecop each other d1 which means someone not using an action in thread might have already used it as scum. But that game was a while ago and I could be insane????

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

spacing in vienna posted:

Hello game, my husband is brave enough to help me try to bleach streaks into my hair. This will probably all end in tears.

No I haven't posted much. D1 is being weird and flat. I think we all got hyped up for the bloodbath and then blue balled having to wait for EOD.

I need to reread hidden mafia 1 because I feel like some of the scum got to rolecop each other d1 which means someone not using an action in thread might have already used it as scum. But that game was a while ago and I could be insane????

Yeah no that last bit didn't happen. Not sure what I was thinking of with that.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Talking is only pressure if there is real worry from the target, otherwise it’s empty talk. There was literally zero threat from your case. Stop avoiding my question. You said I was slipping in and out of joke phase so that I could avoid scrutiny on my stances. What stances were those?

Amnistar posted:

Okay, rereading the thread and I'm gonna ##vote YPM

Their posts are superficial and it's hard to parse what is actual content vs. what is a joke. To the point that they voted for steak (as a joke?) but then it's a real vote? And they voted for gamer because they were manufacturing content, but it was a joke? but maybe it wasn't?

Being disengenious about what I am saying is a also scummy. I have already said what the things you were doing were, what stances you seemed to be joking and then not joking about.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Amnistar posted:

Being disengenious about what I am saying is a also scummy. I have already said what the things you were doing were, what stances you seemed to be joking and then not joking about.

Ok but I didn’t vote for Gamer with the manufactured content thing. Again, do you really believe that anyone would say that was a serious case? That I was seriously casing him for making a lunch pun?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spacing in vienna posted:

i am taking a risk here by assuming quoting the mod **from other games** is allowed.

this is from scumchat in hidden roles mafia 1:

quote:

Welcome to the scumchat! You can chat freely with your scumbuddies here. In this channel and this channel alone, you can post any Role PM's you get your hands on here.

**Unlike town, you do not get an individual rolecop each. ** Instead, you have a communal rolecop you can use during the day, as well as another one during the night.

The Day rolecop cannot be used on members of the scum team. The night rolecop can be used on anyone you want.

who's to say if that's the same this time or not tho

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(also, this is visible to every player in this game, by nature of being kn yami's discord server. so im sure this doesnt violate the spirit of the game)

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Mr. Steak posted:

i am taking a risk here by assuming quoting the mod **from other games** is allowed.

this is from scumchat in hidden roles mafia 1:

who's to say if that's the same this time or not tho

I wrote a big ol post about this yesterday and ended up deleting the whole thing when I realized that scum also have separate actions. I was gonna vote merk for not using his action. If it's the same then the only difference is that scum have to vote to use their rolecop.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##action solus

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Ok but I didn’t vote for Gamer with the manufactured content thing. Again, do you really believe that anyone would say that was a serious case? That I was seriously casing him for making a lunch pun?

I think you were 'joking' until such time as someone called you out on it, and then were going to stick with it, like you did with steak.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

To clarify, you said I didn’t make a distinction between joke votes and serious votes and used my gamer vote and steak vote as examples. Let’s ignore that I didn’t actually vote gamer for what you said I voted for him for. When you made the case on me, I had explicitly said that my Steak vote was real due to his follow up, so I’m not sure who I could have theoretically wiggled out of that one. And I really don’t see how I could have used the gamer case to my advantage.

Can someone else comment on Amin’s case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Amnistar posted:

I think you were 'joking' until such time as someone called you out on it, and then were going to stick with it, like you did with steak.

When did someone call me out on Steak?