Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Leith Maclaine posted:

Waiting for Sal to respond but nicely done Steak.

Oh ok. Yeah I missed his post. I doubt unlabeled spice is going to do anything earth shattering but whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Leith Maclaine posted:

The more I think about it, the more I believe Ecco gambit is the way to go. Cooking is a great way to generate content without creating reads so those not posting are not going to be buying spices, they aren't going to have power roles, and they aren't going to draw attention to themselves. Scum by definition are going to have something to do at night so they don't need spices to win. Town needs the spices which requires content. No content, even when creating content is so easy, seems scummy to me.

I feel like lurking and also not making any food is just the person not being around. I don't think it's a tell either way. I think I'm more suspicious of people who have posted food without additional content because it means that they are here, but not helping.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

My first thought was this probably looks good for Sal because:

(a) Scum would probably notice when someone said a spice is pro-Scum, and
(b) If they did notice, fell for the gambit, and purchased it, presumably they wouldn't then immediately tell the thread they'd done so

Now, if Sal had said he bought it right after the spice cop role became public knowledge, I'd say he was trying to get ahead of things. But he claimed right before Leith said what his power is.

However, that timing still seems weird. Why did Sal claim at all, let alone at that exact moment?

So my second, more :tinfoil: thought is that Leith's spice is one of the ones Scum were told about before the game, since everyone knows one. When Leith said he'd bought a pro-Town spice, then assuming he isn't Scum himself, what would the Scum do? Naturally, they'd immediately look at the spice list and see which quantity got reduced to know what he bought, see if it matches any of their information.

If they found out that way that he'd gotten Spice Cop, and Sal had already made his purchase, then the theory about Sal getting out ahead of things makes sense again.

I think I still prefer Yuming, but that story makes enough sense that I'd vote Sal too.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

I just checked the quantities to see what's gone btw. Aside from Cumin (Spice Cop) and Unlabeled (Target three people with mystery power?), someone has bought Pepper and someone has bought Ginger.

Doesn't really tell us anything yet as even a Town player might not want to claim immediately after buying something. But worth taking note of what's out there at this point in time, for the sake of figuring stuff out later on.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Known spices:
code:
Spice		Price		Quantity Available
Vanilla		100		1
Cayenne		100		1
Saffron		75		2
Turmeric	75		2
Cinnamon	75		1
Anise		50		3 - tracking (Leith)
Garlic		50		2
Cilantro	50		1
Lavender	50		3
Salt		50		3
Za'tar		45		3
Fenugreek	35		4  - doctor (Mikujin)
Cumin		35		3 - spice cop / Leith purchased D1: lets you know what spices a player has and which they have used
Allspice	35		4
Pepper		35		4
Ginger		35		3
Bay Leaves	25		5 - masonry with the dead (yuming)
Marjoram	25		3
Oregano		25		2
Cardamom	25		2
Mace		25		6
Paprika		20		10 - unconfirmed masonry (CPig)
Unlabeled	20		10 - only useful for scum (Mr. steak) / Sal purchased D1: targets 3 people and gets results but action is unknown

Known roles: bus driver (Sal), grave robber (Dick Bastardly)

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

xopods posted:

So my second, more :tinfoil: thought is that Leith's spice is one of the ones Scum were told about before the game, since everyone knows one.

If anyone is Town and Cumin was the spice they were told about in their role PM, they should claim that now, since it would invalidate this theory. Assuming each spice is only told to one player, but since there are more spices than players, I'd guess that's a safe bet.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Based on his play last game vs. this game I have a town read on Leith.

Sal reads as neutral town to me.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

xopods posted:

However, that timing still seems weird. Why did Sal claim at all, let alone at that exact moment?

I didn't realize you could buy spice during the day. I assumed it was a night action.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
I baked a thing last night. Specifically some cheese sticks.

It's basically laminated dough but using cheese instead of butter for the layers. It goes great with marinara sauce with a dash of horseradish.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
Xopods, what do you think about my case on CPig?

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
I should be back around ~8 in time for the deadline.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

xopods posted:

I just checked the quantities to see what's gone btw. Aside from Cumin (Spice Cop) and Unlabeled (Target three people with mystery power?), someone has bought Pepper and someone has bought Ginger.

Doesn't really tell us anything yet as even a Town player might not want to claim immediately after buying something. But worth taking note of what's out there at this point in time, for the sake of figuring stuff out later on.

xopods posted:

In order to buy pepper or ginger someone would have to have cooked carbonara AND a sandwich right? That might be good to track

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Feel a little better about Yuming atm

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Alright, back on time. I feel like Yuming picked up along with the game so this is not longer valid ##unvote.

##vote mr. steak I dunno if this is the most indecisive person in the world, but he just keeps voting and unvoting seemingly randomly. It looks like content generation, but the reasons and then dismissals are always flimsy.

Probably not a useful vote, but the current leader is CPig and I have a strong town read on CPig. His reaction, especially to merk, is a little too far for scum CPig to do, who usually just pretends like his life is hard and people shouldn't pressure him. I feel like he crossed a line with merk, which means he was actually upset.

Other reads: Still would vote the heck out of dick, but he said that he's struggling with work, and I understand that so I'll revisit the empty posting D2. Update on my earlier read on Amni: he kinda completely ignored my case? I find it suspicious but I want to let it go because I think my ego is getting in the way. I want to be right more than I think I'm right with that case at this point.

Strong town read on Xopods, his logic is really there and his posting style backs it up.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Hal Incandenza posted:

In order to buy pepper or ginger someone would have to have cooked carbonara AND a sandwich right? That might be good to track

i've been waiting for someone to make this post

i think this is the scum gambit in this game

i asked grandicap if i can anonymously donate points and he said yes, i'm guessing that scum can do that, too, to one another

total number of points for scum might be higher than their in-thread participation might show

and an easy play to make in this game is to stack points on scum, pin a missing night action on a town player who has the 'right' number of points

it's late and I'm not thinking straight. this isn't to say Hal is scum. I've just been waiting for this exact post. had a town read on hal so far for his care-free interactions with xopods/carefree and unprompted reads, but that's now neutral

will come back to it with a fresh brain tomorrow

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Ernie. posted:

##vote mr. steak I dunno if this is the most indecisive person in the world, but he just keeps voting and unvoting seemingly randomly. It looks like content generation, but the reasons and then dismissals are always flimsy.

Steak.txt

That's how Steak rolls.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Token Female posted:

Guys what is CPig up to?

We remember the back and forth between him and amnistar, but there's a bit in there that bothers me:

This feels like an excuse to just not make cases, or to have people not really look closely at his cases.

Since his vote for Amnistar, he's been around but hasn't commented on the game. Just food stuff. He has posted since Xopods and Ernie were posting back and forth and since Xopods asked for people to post their opinions on people, but he hasn't.

He's not scum hunting. He's been around to be able to scum hunt. He's talked down his ability to make cases so that we don't really want to pay as much attention to him.
##vote CPig

I would also be happy with voting out Yuming but feel stronger about CPig.

Lol , I'll chalk this up to you not having played with me in a very long time.

This is me friend.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

xopods posted:

(a) Scum would probably notice when someone said a spice is pro-Scum, and
(b) If they did notice, fell for the gambit, and purchased it, presumably they wouldn't then immediately tell the thread they'd done so

no. it'd be impossible to hide the fact that the spice was bought. it was obvious what sal's response was going to be. i dont believe him. sal actually reads the thread, generally.

also, if you click through on this quote:

SalTheBard posted:

The spice I know is bus driver, but I'm not going to say which one because I think bus driver benefits scum WAY more than town.

you'll see sal was active in thread RIGHT when i was posting about unlabelled spice. the fact that he didn't directly comment on it is only more damning, as scum *would* be insecure about commenting on a "pro-scum" ability being revealed

sorry for being... not chill, i guess, sal.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Hal Incandenza posted:

it is me! I am the one that purchased the ginger! I love town busdriving.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

I didn't realize you could buy spice during the day. I assumed it was a night action.

You thought it was a night action... but submitted a purchase when? This was an advance purchase because you think you won't be around for N1 or what? I don't understand what your story is.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Mr. Steak posted:

no. it'd be impossible to hide the fact that the spice was bought. it was obvious what sal's response was going to be. i dont believe him. sal actually reads the thread, generally.

also, if you click through on this quote:

you'll see sal was active in thread RIGHT when i was posting about unlabelled spice. the fact that he didn't directly comment on it is only more damning, as scum *would* be insecure about commenting on a "pro-scum" ability being revealed

sorry for being... not chill, i guess, sal.

I would be obvious someone bought it, but not who. Unless there was a Spice Cop, which we now know there is.

That's why Sal's claim would have been worse if it came right after the Cumin claim. However, because Scum could have known that Spice Cop existed and that it had been purchased, the timing doesn't exonerate Sal.

Now that he's telling us that he submitted his purchase early but didn't think it'd go through until night, I'm leaning Scum on him.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Amnistar posted:

So Ginger is Bus Driver? Did you know that when you bought it? I guess not cause Sal told us the role exists but not which spice it was.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

xopods posted:

So Ginger is Bus Driver? Did you know that when you bought it? I guess not cause Sal told us the role exists but not which spice it was.

yeah this is weird lol. did amni just slip that he's scum with sal?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Steak posted:

Yeahhhhh

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Mr. Steak posted:

Pretty awesome that we've caught all the Scum D1 if that's the case. Scum team's Yuming, Sal and Amni, gg guys.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

It's not 100% a slip because your told what your spice does once you get it. But the way he said it sounded like he thought everyone else knew what ginger did already too.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

xopods posted:

It's not 100% a slip because your told what your spice does once you get it. But the way he said it sounded like he thought everyone else knew what ginger did already too.

yeah, that's what i'm calling weird. if its actually a slip then i honestly fee so bad for them both lmao

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Amnistar posted:

If you're town. Maybe telling scum where the busdriver was was not a wonderful idea.

But I still think you're scum so.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Anyway, I guess we should now start with ##vote Sal cause there are now two things pointing to him being Scum and also if he does flip Scum now we know Amni probably is too.

We can come back to Scuming later.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

xopods posted:

hahahah yeah.

I would vote for sal or amni today.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

xopods posted:

It is. I bought it not knowng what it was, and was very happy with the results. I am claiming I bought it because now scum have to account for a town bus driver when submitting actions.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Amnistar posted:

It is. I bought it not knowng what it was, and was very happy with the results. I am claiming I bought it because now scum have to account for a town bus driver when submitting actions.

This is nonsense. Telling the Scum that there is a role they have to "account for" or play around in no way disadvantages them.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

xopods posted:

This is nonsense. Telling the Scum that there is a role they have to "account for" or play around in no way disadvantages them.

Uhh...I use bus driver to turn scum kills on themselves. So...yes...not being able to kill a player that is obviously town is a big detriment for the scum team.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

i suppose this was the only real argument you had available to you, huh?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well, if sal flips town then you're free to go. and if he flips scum? you're poo poo outta luck.

as it stands, im basically not gonna move my vote from sal

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Amnistar posted:

Uhh...I use bus driver to turn scum kills on themselves. So...yes...not being able to kill a player that is obviously town is a big detriment for the scum team.

Amni caught scum.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

amni, correct me if i'm wrong, but weren't you a town busdriver in one game, and specifically chose to not disclose that info on d1, and only reveal your role and who you'd swapped at the beginning of day 2?

i'll try finding the game if i have time

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

i suppose this was the only real argument you had available to you, huh?

*shrug* the truth is what the truth is.

Mr. Steak posted:

well, if sal flips town then you're free to go. and if he flips scum? you're poo poo outta luck.

as it stands, im basically not gonna move my vote from sal

I will happily accept my death if you are correct about Sal.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

amni, correct me if i'm wrong, but weren't you a town busdriver in one game, and specifically chose to not disclose that info on d1, and only reveal your role and who you'd swapped at the beginning of day 2?

i'll try finding the game if i have time

I don't know that I made an effort of "withholding" the role D1, but I did specifically claim my busdriving immediately at the start of every day, yes. I will do the same on D2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Reminder, spices are 1-shots