Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Your Personal Muse posted:

To clarify, you said I didn’t make a distinction between joke votes and serious votes and used my gamer vote and steak vote as examples. Let’s ignore that I didn’t actually vote gamer for what you said I voted for him for. When you made the case on me, I had explicitly said that my Steak vote was real due to his follow up, so I’m not sure who I could have theoretically wiggled out of that one. And I really don’t see how I could have used the gamer case to my advantage.

Can someone else comment on Amin’s case?

Yeah, I think you got a good point here. I'm just not feeling as all fired up about it like I am about my own case on Hum. I could still see this as a possibly town Amni making mistakes by working off vague memories instead of triple checking everything. As opposed to Hum where I can't see at all how a townie would give me the kind of responses he's given.

But like I said, I only see it as possibly town Amni. This is worth pushing and pressuring Amni about, and I would help out with voting Amnistar if he was a lunch candidate today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah, I think you got a good point here. I'm just not feeling as all fired up about it like I am about my own case on Hum. I could still see this as a possibly town Amni making mistakes by working off vague memories instead of triple checking everything. As opposed to Hum where I can't see at all how a townie would give me the kind of responses he's given.

But like I said, I only see it as possibly town Amni. This is worth pushing and pressuring Amni about, and I would help out with voting Amnistar if he was a lunch candidate today.

I would tend to agree that this is town working off vague memories, but Amni specifically said it was a result of a reread.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I would tend to agree that this is town working off vague memories, but Amni specifically said it was a result of a reread.

Townies still loving things up even on a reread doesn't sound out of character lol, but good point.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

The starter on my car died yesterday and I'm about to spend the rest of the day putting a new one in. I'm gonna drop a vote on the lurker and talk to y'all on day 2.

##vote Solus

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

pre:
Eat The Rich   9
Gamerofthegame   8
merk   7
Toalpaz   6
Dancer   3
SolusLunes   2
cool

can't wait to see which of these lurking scum scramble to get their 10 posts in within the next 5 hours

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Eat The Rich posted:

The starter on my car died yesterday and I'm about to spend the rest of the day putting a new one in. I'm gonna drop a vote on the lurker and talk to y'all on day 2.

##vote Solus

lmfao jesus christ

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Humalong posted:

lmfao jesus christ

Ok that was some perfect comedic timing well done

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Mr. Humalong posted:

lmfao jesus christ

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

:(

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

and there's his 10th

if you had stopped at 9 I would have guessed you're lurking town but this makes you look so bad

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Mr. Humalong posted:

and there's his 10th

if you had stopped at 9 I would have guessed you're lurking town but this makes you look so bad

Technically still behind by one post

Oh wait

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

To clarify, you said I didn’t make a distinction between joke votes and serious votes and used my gamer vote and steak vote as examples. Let’s ignore that I didn’t actually vote gamer for what you said I voted for him for. When you made the case on me, I had explicitly said that my Steak vote was real due to his follow up, so I’m not sure who I could have theoretically wiggled out of that one. And I really don’t see how I could have used the gamer case to my advantage.

Can someone else comment on Amin’s case?

I was looking at the "We got him, he's scum" and "How do I vote for 2 people" comments as posts that can be jokes, or not, based on what people respond to them.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Amnistar posted:

I was looking at the "We got him, he's scum" and "How do I vote for 2 people" comments as posts that can be jokes, or not, based on what people respond to them.

I assume we got him, he’s scum, is referring to when I listed the scum team, because otherwise I don’t know what you are talking about unless I missed a post. Those two posts are not what you mentioned in your initial case. Instead, you mentioned only my Steak and Gamer votes (of which one wasn’t actually a vote). In addition, my first serious post, which was clearly delineated, was AFTER those two posts so I you can’t say I was drifting in and out of joke phase for those two posts.

Plus, you could say that about literally any post in joke phase

##vote Amni your case is fabricated and you are digging in a way that isn’t town trying to generate content.

I don’t like the Solus lunch and that ETR post was awful

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Sorry guys, I can’t contribute anymore today. I think this is my 10th post

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I would vote ETR for that post, flagrantly admitting they’re disappearing all D1 with no substantive statements.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Would vote Solus for the same reasons

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I forgot flerp was in this game, which I didn’t like, but he’s got one good post in his post history with enough stated that I’m more inclined towards ETR or Solus

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Eat The Rich posted:

Technically still behind by one post

Oh wait

:goofy:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

I would vote ETR for that post, flagrantly admitting they’re disappearing all D1 with no substantive statements.

hmm

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Would vote Solus for the same reasons

hmm

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

I forgot flerp was in this game, which I didn’t like, but he’s got one good post in his post history with enough stated that I’m more inclined towards ETR or Solus

you got any reads on people that aren't lurkers?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Gamerofthegame posted:

at this point I am more waiting for the dust to settle before using mine

don't need to vig someone twice or whatev

K I'm rereading and I don't like this post. People using their actions, fine, people not, fine, but "I don't want to vig someone twice" -- then choose someone not already being targeted? It's a shoddy reason.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Steak posted:

tho, i mean, theres no reason to use your action on literally anybody that early, but still

If everyone was granted dayvigs, this would be the most hilarious d1 ever.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah I think Bif is townie as hell, I think you’re playing your town game. YPM is kinda rubbing me the wrong way but I’m tryna figure out if that’s just a posting style thing.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Bifauxnen posted:

Yes that is actually a key part of my case, try and keep up.

Instead of just going "lol I'll use my action on whoever", Hum reacted to one vote on him with all this justification:

I read hum's post as "I didn't feel like using it until I had a stronger read than just me policy voting steak" and then finding your argument to be scummy and thus, using his action on you. Seems plausible enough.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Amnistar posted:

I think you were 'joking' until such time as someone called you out on it, and then were going to stick with it, like you did with steak.

that's dumb as hell

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

spacing in vienna posted:

K I'm rereading and I don't like this post. People using their actions, fine, people not, fine, but "I don't want to vig someone twice" -- then choose someone not already being targeted? It's a shoddy reason.

listen even with your graph it's a effortful hmm

i thought they'd actually be done at some point tho so whatev

##action toal

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

also; ##unvote

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I read hum's post as "I didn't feel like using it until I had a stronger read than just me policy voting steak" and then finding your argument to be scummy and thus, using his action on you. Seems plausible enough.

Thank you for showing up and demonstrating how it's possible to actually describe a difference of opinion on a case in a rational way. Dragon however, was not capable of this, only going "man Bif's early D1 case is just so crazybad and totally unbelievable and unconvincing and not even a case"

Except the problem here is, even if I were to be swayed by your view of Hum, I can't see why Dragonatrix would react like this to poo poo so hard on the biggest early effort case of the game, while also going to such lengths to appease me and call me town for it, unless it's to protect a scumbro Hum.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Updated list.

Poster --> Used Action On, in chronological thread order:

Bifauxnen -> Solus
Amnistar -> Merk
Sandwolf -> Sandwolf
Dragonatrix -> b-minus1
Spacing in Vienna -> flerp
Your Personal Muse -> Sandwolf
b-minus1 -> Dragonatrix
Eat the Rich -> Mr. Steak
Anomalous Amalgam -> Bifauxnen
Toalpaz -> Your Personal Muse
Mr. Humalong -> Bifauxnen
Dancer -> b-minus1
Flerp -> spacing in Vienna
Mr. Steak -> Solus
Gamerofthegame -> toalpaz

That's fifteen of seventeen. People who haven't used theirs yet, in alphabetical order:

merk

SolusLunes

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Dragonatrix posted:

ETR taking less than a real-world day to "totally forget" that he's in this game is pretty weird, but I'm not sure it's scummy weird.

I feel like I have mush brain from quarantine and keep forgetting basic poo poo, so I bought his excuse completely.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

I assume we got him, he’s scum, is referring to when I listed the scum team, because otherwise I don’t know what you are talking about unless I missed a post. Those two posts are not what you mentioned in your initial case. Instead, you mentioned only my Steak and Gamer votes (of which one wasn’t actually a vote). In addition, my first serious post, which was clearly delineated, was AFTER those two posts so I you can’t say I was drifting in and out of joke phase for those two posts.

Plus, you could say that about literally any post in joke phase

##vote Amni your case is fabricated and you are digging in a way that isn’t town trying to generate content.

I don’t like the Solus lunch and that ETR post was awful

I think Gamer is ~~manufacturing content~~ and doesn’t believe this case smh bag him and tag him

I called this out initially and you even responded that you didn't vote for Gamer with the post...so like...I'm confused why you're pulling a gotcha here.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Bifauxnen posted:

Dammit I was trying to hold this back to stay focused on the prize here and not get people distracted from getting Hum lunched, but goddamn that is a lot of shade from Dragonatrix. It's ok to disagree with my case, but to go that far to discredit the first really serious case made on bloody D1 is unnaturally extreme.

Look at this post again:

Dragonatrix is throwing tons of shade at my case, but couching it in lots of reassurance that I'm town for doing it. No reason to get alarmed and lash back about it! Just let it drop and give it up, please!

If I'm right about Hum, this is a gigantic red flag.

Hrm. First time I read this post from you, bif, I wasn't buying it, because it does seem like you're pushing your cases pretty aggressively.

Aaaand then I went, wait, it's d1. D1 cases aren't ever rock solid, they're usually just pokes and pressure to see what happens.

Dragonatrix calling you townie for it, I'm fine with, but him saying it's unusual for you to push a subpar case implies he doesn't know all cases d1 are mediocre, or maybe he's leaving himself room to be "convinced" back to you being scum?

I might be coming around on this.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Back filling it, there is something just off with amni and ypm back and forth, although unfortunately I can't really put my finger on it. It feels a little like just scum making noise in a slow thread to get by, given they're... making nonsense empty arguments. On the flip they could be active town who's only assmo is nonsense empty nomenclature arguments, though.

it's not a big read

Mr. Humalong posted:

actually, do you? outside of a brief whitenoise slapfight with bif (which is true of the game in general) you haven't done anything but post stuff like "i am suspicious (in general) of x"

by your count AA, dancer, merk, flerp and etr are all bad and the only ones you have any posting on is aa and etr, with etr being meta nonsense

infact

##vote hum

Mr. Humalong posted:

and there's his 10th

don't @me

I feel like I have mush brain from quarantine and keep forgetting basic poo poo, so I bought his excuse completely.

yea it's ignorable imo

i forgot to really look into the thread cuz nonsense jokephase lasted so long and I forgot/didn't read it was only two days long whoops

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I wish I was scum.

Scum is easier than town by far.

I stress way too hard being scum. Town is more fun.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

This day 1 feels like rear end. I'm not a fan of any of the arguments

AA I have been vaguely suspicious of you all game but this post is good and I agree.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Talking is only pressure if there is real worry from the target, otherwise it’s empty talk. There was literally zero threat from your case. Stop avoiding my question. You said I was slipping in and out of joke phase so that I could avoid scrutiny on my stances. What stances were those?

I can't tell if this post feels scummy to me because I disagree with it, or if it feels scummy to me because I'm not sure that you believe all of it. But it's ringing some bells.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Steak posted:

i am taking a risk here by assuming quoting the mod **from other games** is allowed.

this is from scumchat in hidden roles mafia 1:

who's to say if that's the same this time or not tho

Thank you for backing me up steak :hfive:

Why the change to using your action? You weren't going to.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Gamerofthegame posted:

listen even with your graph it's a effortful hmm

i thought they'd actually be done at some point tho so whatev

##action toal

Oh I missed that your argument was :effort:

I retract my suspicion

I used mine early and didn't have to keep in mind gently caress all

Not knowing who has been hit and not caring enough to find out, that I buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Amnistar posted:

I called this out initially and you even responded that you didn't vote for Gamer with the post...so like...I'm confused why you're pulling a gotcha here.

It’s not a gotcha I have just seen enough to conclude you don’t actually believe the case. And again, how can you look at that post, where I said that gamer was manufacturing content because he made a lunch pun by referencing pantry mafia, and conclude that I could make a real case out of it in a vacuum?