Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

yeah I'm good with this or ETR tbh ##vote toalpaz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Dragonatrix posted:

During my catch up, the thing that stood out most to be is how everyone is now just kinda overlooking ETR. His posts throughout the entire day have been white noise and multiple responses at different points to say why he's not been posting and explaining why he didn't vote for... merk. Strikes me as odd that aside from getting needled when he first posted explicitly to get to 10 posts to avoid being lurker killed, no one's mentioned it all even though Binus' post was less bad (since he did manage some actual posts beforehand) and that's been brought up a couple times since.

Anyway, I'll try be around until deadline now, but it's at roughly 3am so I can't promise that.

I brought both of them up

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

half the game can't be scum!!

I guess it's a good thing I've said I'd be willing to vote AA, ETR, Toal, and Dragon in that order then

4 people isn't even half the number we need to lunch someone

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

I say this with 1000% certainty that this is bif's scum game

Lol what

"Now that it's only 3 hours before deadline and Bif is trying to shift to voting out the person I said must be her scumbro, this only makes me more ridiculously hyperbolically sure that she's scum"

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Also lurking town are almost the same as scum in my book

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Dragonatrix posted:

During my catch up, the thing that stood out most to be is how everyone is now just kinda overlooking ETR. His posts throughout the entire day have been white noise and multiple responses at different points to say why he's not been posting and explaining why he didn't vote for... merk. Strikes me as odd that aside from getting needled when he first posted explicitly to get to 10 posts to avoid being lurker killed, no one's mentioned it all even though Binus' post was less bad (since he did manage some actual posts beforehand) and that's been brought up a couple times since.

Anyway, I'll try be around until deadline now, but it's at roughly 3am so I can't promise that.

no one is overlooking etr but there's nothing to do against a lurker on d1

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just gonna say, i wont be around much near deadline and im having trouble parsing the last 3 pages of thread. but i'll defo vote to prevent NL at the bare minimum

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

ah gently caress I'm top poster scum are going to NK me now

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
##vote Taolpaz

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Your Personal Muse posted:

Someone make me and ETR confirmed masons

Gamerofthegame posted:

Okay I did it.

You're masons now.

##vote gamer

You fell perfectly into my gambit, idiot.

Lunch all liars

P2. YPM starts joke casing gamer.

Mr. Steak posted:

i for one am not gonna blindly use a day-action until i know more

Steak is No Fun (I still love you steak)

YPM votes steak, presumably for being no fun.

Amnistar posted:

##vote steak

So does Amni.

Gamerofthegame posted:

fool

the pantry mafia game is the other one!!!

##vote ypm

what if it's you? how would you know!!!!

I think Gamer is ~~manufacturing content~~ and doesn’t believe this case smh bag him and tag him

Gamer and YPM continue to banter.

Mr. Steak posted:

i find it funny that a bunch of people voted me for the functional equivalent of "wait until later in the day to fire your lurker gun"

Steak responds to the people voting him. (This happened before some of the ypm gamer stuff but only a few posts and I'm trying to group things together)

Yeah it was about 20 peeps that voted for you

YPM eyerolls

I honestly think this is a scum post. Note that at the time Steak wrote this, two people had voted him for saying he wanted to wait (hum voted him earlier for running grudge reasons I guess). It reads as scum who is over exaggerating the danger they are in.

And then ypm says, hey for the record, I actually do think steak is scum, despite the joking earlier.

The initial vote was a joke, current vote is real

Ypm clarifies.

Amnistar posted:

Okay, rereading the thread and I'm gonna ##vote YPM

Their posts are superficial and it's hard to parse what is actual content vs. what is a joke. To the point that they voted for steak (as a joke?) but then it's a real vote? And they voted for gamer because they were manufacturing content, but it was a joke? but maybe it wasn't?

And this, I disagree with. Yes there were jokes, but I don't think it was ever confusing what was a real case and what wasn't.

That's the amni case thank you for coming to my Ted talk

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Mr. Humalong posted:

I brought both of them up

Yeah, that's what I was referring to with the stuff when ETR did bother to post

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gamerofthegame posted:

wait hold up

stop a sec, genuinely help me out here gang

we're piling on lurker dragon because they made went what amounts to "idk that feels town to me" with some back and forth after bif needled them on it?

i dunno about this one chief. once again I don't think scumchat would go "let's all start a d1 train on this lurker who said something just weird enough!!" because that seems stupid/suicidal af but still

Btw I haven't really stated it fully yet but I do think Gamer's quite scummy too. I don't like how he's reframing the pushes on Dragon as just a lurker lunch. In my case it's closely tied to my original case on Hum.

If SIV is right about Hum being just misunderstood town, this is Gamer panicking now that I got convinced to shift to the real scum

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
why would I be anti-hum while also trying to save my scumbuddy lurker

this is me genuinely trying to parse the case because it screams as nothing more then one weird post when others (like hum!! or not toal I g u e s s) exist

push out of nowhere

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gamerofthegame posted:

why would I be anti-hum while also trying to save my scumbuddy lurker

this is me genuinely trying to parse the case because it screams as nothing more then one weird post when others (like hum!! or not toal I g u e s s) exist

push out of nowhere

I do still feel real good about my Hum case and it is shocking I know, but I am not in fact always right

It could be just Dragon who's scum, and not Hum

...or just Toal lol, totally willing to move there too

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

spacing in vienna posted:

P2. YPM starts joke casing gamer.

Steak is No Fun (I still love you steak)

YPM votes steak, presumably for being no fun.

So does Amni.

Gamer and YPM continue to banter.

Steak responds to the people voting him. (This happened before some of the ypm gamer stuff but only a few posts and I'm trying to group things together)

YPM eyerolls

And then ypm says, hey for the record, I actually do think steak is scum, despite the joking earlier.

Ypm clarifies.

And this, I disagree with. Yes there were jokes, but I don't think it was ever confusing what was a real case and what wasn't.

That's the amni case thank you for coming to my Ted talk

Wow this makes Amni look really bad.

What about the other 3 pages of them arguing?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Mr. Humalong posted:

Wow this makes Amni look really bad.

What about the other 3 pages of them arguing?

Me trying to figure out if Amni is doing a bad case because Amni is town trying to start us off, or scum trying to park their vote. Also I got mad about pressure which is irrelevant

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

coasting, town AA usually does something crazy by now

his contributions have been quoting people and saying "i agree"

This is bullshit

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Why are you so horned up for me hum? Hum is striking me like an executioner or some poo poo. I literally haven't even been around much. Weekend living.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Why are you so horned up for me hum? Hum is striking me like an executioner or some poo poo. I literally haven't even been around much. Weekend living.

What’s your opinion of Amni

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
The other arguments made me roll my eyes and power skim. It's day 1, most of us have nothing from our day actions, not uncommon, but like... whatever hum has smoked/insufflated/imbibed he needs to share.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

What’s your opinion of Amni

I will read them right now.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If Toal is actually not gonna post anymore today I’d be happy to vote for them.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Looks like town amni from what i can tell

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Steak is probably actually scum this game

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Toal is probably town this game

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

What is it about steak? There’s been something striking me as off about him but I can’t quite put it into words, gutfeel I guess but I feel like I can almost articulate it.

Sorta like he’s just keeping up appearances?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Hum or steak for me today i think. I'll be around intermittently. My youngest is going through this transitional potty phase and shes decided the floors make for a better potty than the potty so im tired today and i gotta start dinner but ill be around.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Looks like town amni from what i can tell

Anything specific to what SiV just laid out?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m going through a similar transitional phase

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Sandwolf posted:

What is it about steak? There’s been something striking me as off about him but I can’t quite put it into words, gutfeel I guess but I feel like I can almost articulate it.

Initial stance on day actions then seemingly reckless day actioning.

Also he seems less meta self defensive which makes me think he's being deliberate in what he chooses to say.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anything specific to what SiV just laid out?

Ill put my eyes on it

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

I have had the same nagging feeling, it's why I left my vote on him for so long. Usually Steak is flooding the thread with posts on day 1.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I don't think a few of the people voting me are actually interested in hitting scum. Team is probably bif dragon sandwolf... and... amnistar....... Im guessing.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Amnistar posted:

##vote Taolpaz

Mr. Humalong posted:

Also lurking town are almost the same as scum in my book

Bifauxnen posted:

I do still feel real good about my Hum case and it is shocking I know, but I am not in fact always right

It could be just Dragon who's scum, and not Hum

...or just Toal lol, totally willing to move there too

Sandwolf posted:

If Toal is actually not gonna post anymore today I’d be happy to vote for them.

look at all of these people who are going to give no info when I flip town

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

LOL You're not even reading the context behind my vote. Way to be scum yet again!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Amnistar posted:

LOL You're not even reading the context behind my vote. Way to be scum yet again!

the context is that you spent 2 days trying to make a real case and then gave up and voted me because it was easy?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

or is it that people who call you scum are actually scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

You’re at -5, so this is a weird rear end post

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Toalpaz posted:

the context is that you spent 2 days trying to make a real case and then gave up and voted me because it was easy?

Oh no, I'd love to get YPM cuddled, but there is more than one scum, and your return to the thread makes it clear you don't know what was going on and just threw shade at the current target of the town's attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Amnistar posted:

Oh no, I'd love to get YPM cuddled, but there is more than one scum, and your return to the thread makes it clear you don't know what was going on and just threw shade at the current target of the town's attention.

I dunno, I think that my point was pretty good. what's bad about it?