Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

nrook posted:

I found that the golf wasn’t fun in Golf Story, which was a major handicap for a game called “Golf Story”.

Yeah it demanded way too much precision for a lot of the challenges and I could never shake the feeling that some of my shots were just randomly off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm going to say no.

It's Bomberman, but it has a lot of the new things that can muck up a game if she's only used to the old old ones. From special bombs, to boots, gloves, and fists.

Also the control sticks ARE an issue, I had trouble controlling it at times, and would blow myself up since I wasn't quite running away, I'd say they are too senitive. It plays well enough but it's definitely lacking something. Get it super cheap if you can help it I guess, especially if she's that big of a fan, but I don't think it plays well-enough to be worth it.

Welp, maybe I'll get Good Job! and let her bumble around like in Snipperclips; she likes bumbling.

Edit: In DOS Bomberman she would always blow up the remote bomb powerup because the thought of an additional button to press would screw up her groove.

Tafferling fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Apr 4, 2020

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tafferling posted:

How is Bomberman R?
My wife adored the ancient dos version but she has a strong aversion to joypads, the only game she managed to play was Snipperclips, anything else stresses her too much.
Is this version easy enough to handle in coop?

I think it’s worth it and controls fine even with the sticks. It’s gone on sale for $10 a few times. Definitely grab it then.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

anyone here pick up In Other Waters yet? it looks rad but the screenshots show that the UI is fuckin tiny to the point I cannot imagine playing in handheld mode. curious if it like has hidden scaling options or something, since the handful of Switch reviews out there haven't had any complaints about it. might just go ahead and pick it up on PC but I like being able to lie back for reading-centric games

For all of you commenting on unplayability due to UI size, the switch does have a zoom function. I know that that’s inconvenient but if you want to play something on the go it’s often a lifesaver.

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
I figured quarantine time was the perfect time to finally get a Switch.

Well, gently caress me very much.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

ChocNitty posted:

The Switch has Night Trap. Are you freakin' kidding me? And it's on sale.

hoooly poo poo lmao I had the SegaCD verison. Downloading this now.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Snake Maze posted:

The real secret to American Streetpass was to be a college student while the 3ds was hot. I would put my 3ds in my backpack and get 10 streetpasses every day. More, if I stopped to clear it out at lunch.

tokyo 2015~2017. streetpasses literally on the street. god drat everywhere. it was fantastic

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

ukrainius maximus posted:

I figured quarantine time was the perfect time to finally get a Switch.

Well, gently caress me very much.

Well you weren't wrong

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
oh so i have a weird hardware question

i only see this when i'm playing before bed, because the light is really faint, but i see the "sync" light on my right joycon even when it's attached to the system. i don't see it on my left joycon so i'm assuming this isn't the intended behavior.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I got myself Breath of the Wild, but my switch buddy tipped me off that it'll go on sale the 9th, and I'm curious what the chances are that the DLC will go on sale also. I'm really pumped to get started with the game, but another thing my switch bud said was that he wished he'd started on master mode, and so I feel like I can't really get going without the DLC, but that makes me want to get it right now. I'm so impatient.

So I guess to summarize:
  • Will the DLC go on sale, do you think?
  • Should I play master mode first time through if I'm a sucker for difficult games?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

If by "difficult" you mean you're actively masochistic, and not just that you're looking for a challenge. Master mode loving sucks and will make you hate the game

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

ah, well, that doesn't sound very entertaining

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

the worst part of BOTW is the combat so don’t do the mode that gives enemies 10x health

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

I’m trying to complete my Pokédex in Let’s Go Eevee and just remembered that they tied Mew to buying that lame $50 pokeball controller. Pretty stupid that the Pokédex can’t be completed without buying a peripheral or knowing someone who did buy it, oh well.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

I’m trying to complete my Pokédex in Let’s Go Eevee and just remembered that they tied Mew to buying that lame $50 pokeball controller. Pretty stupid that the Pokédex can’t be completed without buying a peripheral or knowing someone who did buy it, oh well.

On one hand I understand on the other hand "You can't access Mew without doing some bullshit" is fairly accurate to any legit way to get the Pokemon.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The pokeball controller's actually pretty great for playing Let's Go Pokemon as chill as possible. The only bad thing about it is for some unfathomable reason they put A on pressing the thumbstick instead of the button.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Want to say that Good Job! is great. My partner is really enjoying it and it has the perfect low stakes and silly physics to entertain someone with little interest in games.

Major Goose Game vibes in a good way. Seems short though. Not a complaint, just an observation.

For the person between this and Cadence, they are VERY different games, but I'd go with Good Job! for the silliness and rear end in a top hat physics.

Plus it has some collectibles you can spend a bit more time looking for I suppose.

Can confirm. I’m only on floor 2 but I’m having fun so far. It kinda reminds me of BotW in the way that there’s probably a “right” way to solve the puzzle, but you can physics-rig a completely different way. I just watched the video on Giant Bomb and that dude did some stuff totally differently than I did.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

The White Dragon posted:

oh so i have a weird hardware question

i only see this when i'm playing before bed, because the light is really faint, but i see the "sync" light on my right joycon even when it's attached to the system. i don't see it on my left joycon so i'm assuming this isn't the intended behavior.

Same thing happens to me, I have neon orange on that side so I just assumed the color was light enough the sync lights bleed through and not the darker purple side. It shows connected in settings so I guess it’s normal?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How’s Deadly Premonition on Switch? I got a physical copy coming.

It’s DP so I’m expecting some jank but I want to make sure the game is completable at least.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Apr 5, 2020

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Every now and then the notification light on my Pro Controller (the blue light around the home button that nothing makes use of) will get stuck on, even when the controller is turned off, and the only fix seems to be using the controller until the battery runs all the way down.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

hatty posted:

Same thing happens to me, I have neon orange on that side so I just assumed the color was light enough the sync lights bleed through and not the darker purple side. It shows connected in settings so I guess it’s normal?

could be the color, it's the yellow side of the let's go pokemon switch. anyone else with this?

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Dip Viscous posted:

Every now and then the notification light on my Pro Controller (the blue light around the home button that nothing makes use of) will get stuck on, even when the controller is turned off, and the only fix seems to be using the controller until the battery runs all the way down.

Do you ever connect it to a PC running Steam? I had to go into the Steam controller settings and turn off the light there or it would be stuck on after using it on my PC.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s DP so I’m expecting some jank but I want to make sure the game is completable at least.

It works I guess

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Hungry Computer posted:

Do you ever connect it to a PC running Steam? I had to go into the Steam controller settings and turn off the light there or it would be stuck on after using it on my PC.

I have connected it to a Chromebook once, but that was one time over two years ago. It's only been used with my Switch since but this problems pops up with no apparent cause once every 3-4 months.

Good to know that Steam can turn the light off for me, though.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

they should have just put the balloon poo poo and gold enemies in the regular game. they're cool but not worth the slog of fighting really tough enemies with regenerating health

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

SeANMcBAY posted:

I stopped playing because driving drops to 15 fps in most areas, and turns into a slide-show if there are AI cars nearby or near certain buildings. It can get pretty miserable because it's one of those games where everything slows down when the fps drops. Unless they've fixed that id avoid it since the mid to late game has a lot of driving.

E: i just booted it up to check. Diving isn't as bad as I remember it being at launch, but still laggy. Lights from houses aren't blindingly bright at night anymore, but most of the other lighting bugs are still there.

Squatch Ambassador fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Apr 5, 2020

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I've played 4 different versions of Deadly Premonition now and having 100%ed the Switch version it basically feels like the US PS3 version, so the driving FPS is atrocious, they cut all the Director's Cut story content out of the game and it has more weird bugs and glitches. On the bright side: they've completely dismissed the concept of the game having difficulty levels (they were always rear end) so the game is hard locked to Easy, which is the correct way to play Deadly Premonition.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Also save often, had a couple crashes which made me pause playing the game for a bit. Lost about 45 minutes of progress. Which was a lot of driving :v:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I love Master Mode BOTW and the lesson of avoid fights you are a 15 year old lightweight fighting giants, you'll know when you can start murdering them

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Policenaut posted:

I've played 4 different versions of Deadly Premonition now and having 100%ed the Switch version it basically feels like the US PS3 version, so the driving FPS is atrocious, they cut all the Director's Cut story content out of the game and it has more weird bugs and glitches. On the bright side: they've completely dismissed the concept of the game having difficulty levels (they were always rear end) so the game is hard locked to Easy, which is the correct way to play Deadly Premonition.

At least the walking FPS isn’t as bad as I remember it being on PS3. I just started driving and yeah it’s pretty bad. There’s also a high pitch buzzing noise when in the hotel that I don’t remember in the 360 version but it’s been awhile. The Director’s Cut stuff was stupid so I’m glad that’s cut. I hope they can make the game more stable and fix bugs.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Apr 5, 2020

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Even in international airports I would never get street passed, but when I visited Tokyo in like, 2014 I would get hundreds in a day if I kept clearing it out

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-cooking-mama-game-for-switch-that-came-out-and-then-disappeared

this is like the weirdest scam?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Wonder if it got taken down by Nintendo for having a bitcoin miner in it or something.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that or some dispute over who owns the rights to the ip

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

God I wish I had a Switch Cooking Mama to play. Those were some grade A games on the DS.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Question about capture cards and computers and all that:

For all intents and purposes, I have a Mac (it's a Hackintosh) but I want to get a capture card solely to see my Switch on my computer while I'm using it (I want it as a window within macOS) for a slew of different reasons. Is there a best one I can use? If anyone knows, with a Hackintosh, do I have more variety in what to buy? I'm basically at step 0, but wanna get things ordered before everyday items become hot items on the black market

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

I posted a video looking into this before it came out & the whole thing was fishy from the start, this is weirder still, so, great

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Hat Thoughts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egl6lQ3oUJA

interesting video, even if my personal answer 2 this riddle is significantly less interesting

here iti s

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Reminder, don't shake the baby in front of Mama
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMEg6mfTfF4&t=438s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ShootaBoy posted:

God I wish I had a Switch Cooking Mama to play. Those were some grade A games on the DS.

I just want a proper new Layton. The last one was okay but you could tell they'd made it super easy because of it being a mobile release first