Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tarnop posted:

If you're going to go to an in island with Celeste first that's no bother, I can come over to yours with seeds and flowers when you're done

Shot you a PM with a dodo code

The one on the other page isn't working 'island not found' style so might as well get this done first :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
am I not doing something to unlock shooting stars? I know Celeste needs to visit but I'm about to get my 10th islander moved in and I've gotten all the other visitors but not her. I really could use a magic wand, I've become a total clothes horse once again ever since the Able sisters moved in

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

sexpig by night posted:

am I not doing something to unlock shooting stars? I know Celeste needs to visit but I'm about to get my 10th islander moved in and I've gotten all the other visitors but not her. I really could use a magic wand, I've become a total clothes horse once again ever since the Able sisters moved in

Celeste doesn't need to visit for you to get shooting stars.

Sometimes you can get a few on particularly clear nights.

I've had three nights where I've wished on stars on my island and Celeste has never visited.

e: Wand recipes, however, are certainly her bag.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

sexpig by night posted:

Nah it's mostly up to luck whether you get stars on a non meteor shower day. You got to have a complete clear night sky and even then shooting stars might not happen.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

LastGoodBoy posted:

This is what it must feel like right before a person takes the plunge, grabs a sock, and becomes a true gamer.

set up a twitch account to stream your browser window to your phon e

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm making the assumption that any clear night / any Celeste visit will have shooting stars, the problem is they're periodic. One night I observed a lot in succession, then a long break before I got more. It's totally possible people are just missing the windows?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

If you'd like a wand I probably have the mats to craft you one.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Oxyclean posted:

I'm making the assumption that any clear night / any Celeste visit will have shooting stars, the problem is they're periodic. One night I observed a lot in succession, then a long break before I got more. It's totally possible people are just missing the windows?

I got a meteor shower on like my second night and it was cloudy.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

I think one of my favorite things about this game is the community that has built up around it. Usually fandoms are considered toxic, but this one has been enjoyable so far.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I may not be able to talk with Celeste tonight but I'm a step closer to Rosie showing up :3:

I'm content.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I only noticed my first star shower because it happened when I was shooting down a balloon. If you're playing with the volume low, you will miss them, because the most obvious cue that it's happening is a quiet twinkling sound.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

shadowvine118 posted:

I think one of my favorite things about this game is the community that has built up around it. Usually fandoms are considered toxic, but this one has been enjoyable so far.

the fandom is currently being incredibly toxic towards eggs and i won't stand for it

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Any west coasters have a last minute Ok turnip price?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

gently caress egg

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

gently caress egg
I'm sorry Tengas are not available in this game yet

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
So are earth eggs the most rare eggs? The only way it seems to get them to spawn is some every day and a few on each Nook island visit.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I don't like how eggs dominate your villagers conversation. Yes I know coconut trees give more eggs, yes I know rocks are laying eggs, yes I know Wilbur told you island rocks give out a lot more eggs. :sigh:

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

DID SOMEBODY SAY EGGS

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Electric Phantasm posted:

I don't like how eggs dominate your villagers conversation. Yes I know coconut trees give more eggs, yes I know rocks are laying eggs, yes I know Wilbur told you island rocks give out a lot more eggs. :sigh:

Yes, many of our natural resources have been supernaturally transmutated into eggs for the foreseeable future, but would you stop mentioning it for crying out loud

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Brother Entropy posted:

the fandom is currently being incredibly toxic towards eggs and i won't stand for it

you have my axe

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Stux posted:

you have my axe

you have my egg

seriously, please take it I don't want it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
I need flowers. Does anyone have lilies? I still need yellow roses and yellow mums too. I got all the others for trading.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

arms

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

poo poo i mean eggs

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

If anyone wants to do some last minute clothes shopping or just sightsee while I AFK, Mabel has some fancy jackets, steampunk outfit, aviator gear, and a captain’s cap. Shops close in about an hour and 10 min.

J266X

kid sinister posted:

I need flowers. Does anyone have lilies? I still need yellow roses and yellow mums too. I got all the others for trading.

Sent you a PM!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

When Mabel says she's opening shop, is that an overnight build once the plot is down?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

iospace posted:

When Mabel says she's opening shop, is that an overnight build once the plot is down?

two days

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

iospace posted:

No, two days

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

You have a really great town. I love your neighbors, and you did a really great job designing the place.

I love this game.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i was holding out for coco and scoot, but i invited marina to my village when i found her on an island because i've never had an octopus village (still holding out for scoot).

first day she moves in, she's sick. thanks for bringing the roni to my village, jerk.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Does anyone have stone fencing in their Nook Miles rewards? I need to buy the recipe!

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

LODGE NORTH posted:

Does anyone have stone fencing in their Nook Miles rewards? I need to buy the recipe!

Yep: 59WKJ

Not an open invitation at this point I'm afraid, folks!

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔
Will scanning a visitor's amiibo card (like kicks or saharah) make them visit your town?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bummer! I just finally put the plot down. I am so ready to be fashionable and cute.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/HernyEd/status/1246552162072694795

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

Thanks for the candle donations! The room is done!

I've uploaded the designs to the kiosk in Mabels shop. There are 22 of them so be prepared for it to take up a lot of your design space if you want to put it somewhere on your island. You should be able to search for my creator code in the kiosk and download them all: MA-9916-9944-6536

They are all labelled 1-22 but you need to lay them out like the image below, it's a 5x5 grid but you don't put anything in 3 of the corners. I recommend starting off with the middle and working outwards to get the placement right.

I'd also like to nominate Klaus as one of the best houses I've seen so far.

e: haha holy poo poo Klaus will happily sit on his toilet and read a book/chat with you while you're in his house.

KongGeorgeVII fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Apr 5, 2020

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

luckily i did not have to force olaf out. he is moving on his own.

i hope bruce is next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Gate’s closed! Thanks to all who visited, and I appreciate the gifts.

Kart Barfunkel posted:

You have a really great town. I love your neighbors, and you did a really great job designing the place.

I love this game.

Aw, thanks :shobon: considering I pretty much accepted whoever showed up first, I’m happy with my villagers too!

Filbert’s probably the one who grew on me the most from the beginning. he’s precious and I’m glad he still moved in after I skipped his island 3x in a row during the tutorial

Tia the teacup elephant is also a real sweetheart - probably my favorite design out of all my villagers so far.