Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RatHat posted:

EDIT: Also the fake ads on Mangadex are pretty funny.

They've been pretty hit or miss for me. Way more 'have a loli! here's a loli! want a loli?' ads than I'd want to see- which is none.

The hits are pretty solid though. Got this one recommended which would be cooler if someone hadn't already brought it up here.

https://mangadex.org/title/45591

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

The demon king in Torture Princess remains the best, even if the chapter otherwise just sort of is there.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

They've been pretty hit or miss for me. Way more 'have a loli! here's a loli! want a loli?' ads than I'd want to see- which is none.

The hits are pretty solid though. Got this one recommended which would be cooler if someone hadn't already brought it up here.

https://mangadex.org/title/45591

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
New Useless Ponko
Time for Ponko to get her body back from the bear. Though, she'll need a little help.

Thanks, Mechazawa.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Delinquent Exorcist just accelerated to 88mph and we are seeing some serious poo poo.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
holy moly, I remember reading Mieruko-chan when it was...I want to say a few shorts from twitter(edit: guess it's pixiv), but never read the serialization. I just finished chapter ___9___ and this is really something special, I love it. I dunno if it'll ever have some grand overarching plot, but these little vignettes that tease out world and character building are great, and appropriately horrifying.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Captain Invictus posted:

holy moly, I remember reading Mieruko-chan when it was...I want to say a few shorts from twitter(edit: guess it's pixiv), but never read the serialization. I just finished chapter ___9___ and this is really something special, I love it. I dunno if it'll ever have some grand overarching plot, but these little vignettes that tease out world and character building are great, and appropriately horrifying.

It gets loving terrifying lmao

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Gal and Dino
Dino makes a new friend.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Huzzah! posted:

New Gal and Dino
Dino makes a new friend.

This is so wrong.
Cockatiels are much worse at imitating human voice than this implies, and also it's not puffing its cheek feather at all. The lower beak is too small and looks like it's covered by the upper beak (it shouldn't be). The cere should be more clearly defined.
I am offended!

(Apart from that, the behavior is spot on.)

Signed,

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Artificer posted:

It gets loving terrifying lmao
all caught up, and yanno, I DO like the cat murderer guy not actually being a cat murderer guy, but I also liked the cat murderer guy being a cat murderer guy in the initial reveal and that was that. I wasn't really sure how to feel about him just happening to show back up as the substitute teacher, at first it felt a bit hamfisted. but the entire story around him and the DON'T LOOK spirit was really solid and horrifying so I like the way it panned out this way too.

I am super curious about where the story will go from here, seriously. the cliffhanger it has left off on is a doozy, the way the author has made even the "good" spirits absolutely nightmarish is really great. I would love to see an anime of this once it's got some more under its belt, but only if they could really put the effort into making the juxtaposition of horrifying apparitions that only she can see everywhere and everyday life seamless.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Captain Invictus posted:

all caught up, and yanno, I DO like the cat murderer guy not actually being a cat murderer guy, but I also liked the cat murderer guy being a cat murderer guy in the initial reveal and that was that. I wasn't really sure how to feel about him just happening to show back up as the substitute teacher, at first it felt a bit hamfisted. but the entire story around him and the DON'T LOOK spirit was really solid and horrifying so I like the way it panned out this way too.

I am super curious about where the story will go from here, seriously. the cliffhanger it has left off on is a doozy, the way the author has made even the "good" spirits absolutely nightmarish is really great. I would love to see an anime of this once it's got some more under its belt, but only if they could really put the effort into making the juxtaposition of horrifying apparitions that only she can see everywhere and everyday life seamless.

I mean the substitute teacher is still a murderer, he just doesn't murder cats. It was cool to see him come back as he's part of the beginning of the story, but cat savior tough guy should also come back

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New best exorcist making me feel really bad for her target.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

New best exorcist making me feel really bad for her target.

drat. She's strong as gently caress. We sure she isn't also a youkai or something?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sukeban is such a good theme for manga. Suggest more. I only know about this one and Rokudou.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fellis posted:

I mean the substitute teacher is still a murderer, he just doesn't murder cats. It was cool to see him come back as he's part of the beginning of the story, but cat savior tough guy should also come back
Well yes, I wonder if that will get shown when he's in school later since I can't imagine him being an out and out HUMAN murderer wouldn't cause some sort of lingering horror to coalesce around him

and definitely, the tough guy should show up again somehow. yeah it'd be hamfisted but eh, just have her go visit and check up on the kitten she found and gave to him or something idk

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

Sukeban is such a good theme for manga. Suggest more. I only know about this one and Rokudou.

Sukeban Deka is one of the go to classics of the genre.

Happyscans releases chapters pretty regularly too.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Together With Gau
This is kinda like that Wonder Cat comic but Gau-chan is actually cute.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Pharmacist's Monologue
Schemes upon schemes.

new Gal and Dino

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't know if this or the surreal life one is the better thread to ask.

There was some manga about a gyaru with a super scary face. I never got that far into it before losing track of it. Anyone know what it was called?

surc
Aug 17, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

I don't know if this or the surreal life one is the better thread to ask.

There was some manga about a gyaru with a super scary face. I never got that far into it before losing track of it. Anyone know what it was called?

This is the surreal life one, also maybe Hitomi-chan is shy with strangers?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

surc posted:

This is the surreal life one, also maybe Hitomi-chan is shy with strangers?

Dammit. I meant to say generic real life vs fantasy.

Anyway, I'm already reading that one. That's not what I was thinking of. Maybe she wasn't a gyaru, I remember someone getting a look at her and running away and then next panel she's on a roof screaming while her friend's narrating her misfortune.

Oh hey, I found it, she wasn't a gyaru, I was wrong. https://mangadex.org/title/14320/seishun-otome-banchou

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Apr 8, 2020

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh, before you said what it actually was, I was thinking it might be Koisuru Yankee Girl, which is also about a girl who does the terrifying-angry-looking-default-face-but-she's-actually-a-sweetheart-behind-it thing. Well if you enjoy that sort of romcom, KYG is cute and silly.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RareAcumen posted:

Oh hey, I found it, she wasn't a gyaru, I was wrong. https://mangadex.org/title/14320/seishun-otome-banchou
okay the first chapter of this is downright hilarious, one of the funniest manga chapters I've read in a while. looks like it ended real quickly or got canned super fast at least, unfortunately. but the interactions with the MC and her friend are fantastic.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Huzzah! posted:

new Pharmacist's Monologue
Schemes upon schemes.
Apparently this won eighth place in some Japanese "plz turn this into anime" poll

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Jackard posted:

Apparently this won eighth place in some Japanese "plz turn this into anime" poll

What were the 7 in front of it?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2020-03-24/180000-manga-readers-vote-for-their-most-wanted-anime-adaptation/.157867

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
boy, I have a bad feeling about a komi-san anime. I really like komi-san and all, but I have this dread it'll get terribly botched like the My Monster Secret anime was.

also, if they adapt much of the early manga with the less flattering character traits like literally everything to do with yamai

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Captain Invictus posted:

boy, I have a bad feeling about a komi-san anime. I really like komi-san and all, but I have this dread it'll get terribly botched like the My Monster Secret anime was.

also, if they adapt much of the early manga with the less flattering character traits like literally everything to do with yamai

My advice to you is not to fret or worry about it too much. You don't have control over it, and living through life worrying about whether things will be good or not leads to a lot of stress and anxiety that eats away at you. Be enthused that something you enjoy will be growing its outreach, and judge the adaptation on it's own merits once it comes out.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Shinozaki-kun's Maintenance Circumstances

Very promising start to a magical workplace comedy!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Julias posted:

My advice to you is not to fret or worry about it too much. You don't have control over it, and living through life worrying about whether things will be good or not leads to a lot of stress and anxiety that eats away at you. Be enthused that something you enjoy will be growing its outreach, and judge the adaptation on it's own merits once it comes out.

oh lol it's no skin off my back if it sucks, just that it'd be a shame to waste it

I'd much prefer Spy x Family or Househusband get adapted tbh if I had to pick a series from that list

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Househusband should go full live action instead imo

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Tarezax posted:

Househusband should go full live action instead imo

Didn't it already?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Crasical posted:

Didn't it already?

That was just a promo short for the volume release, but yeah that's why I want more.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Squidster posted:

Shinozaki-kun's Maintenance Circumstances

Very promising start to a magical workplace comedy!

Read this a couple days ago. Very much in the spirit of Man's romance with augmented humans.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

quote:

03: Onii-chan wa Oshimai by Nekotōfu
Mahiro Oyama is a withdrawn young man whose life changes after he takes a suspicious medication that belongs to his sister. After taking the medicine, he wakes up and discovers he's transformed into a girl. Mahiro doesn't know the next thing about the lives of girls!

but_why.gif

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Mikl posted:

but_why.gif

lol 'nekotofu' sounds like the tumblr name of a 15 year old who has just recently discovered anime or something

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Spy x Family is the best thing on that list.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Jackard posted:

Spy x Family is the best thing on that list.

:yeah:

I don't know about needing or deserving an anime adaption (I hardly watch those anymore), but
Spy x Family, The Apothecary Diaries, Way of the Househusband, and Komi all *definitely* deserve their spots just by being good manga.

Haven't read Tasūketsu, Chainsaw Man, act-age, The Dangers in My Heart, or My New Boss is Goofy, though, they might also be good.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Useless Ponko
Yuuna and the gang are gonna start a band, for the local festival.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Speaking of manga that could use an anime, I'd love a Useless Ponko adaptation. It probably needs a little more material still, but it'd be so good to see in motion.