Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Wrestlemania have been postponed?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 44 28.76%
Yes. 109 71.24%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Blaise330 posted:

Any reason in particular besides Braun winning? Goldberg isn't going to hang around post mania season just for the thrills when his old rear end has a family to take care of during a pandemic.

Dave said how they went out of their way to never mention Roman at all during the show felt like they were mad at him and/or desperate to bury the idea that they were putting the wrestlers at risk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

TriffTshngo posted:

currently laughing my rear end off (henceforth referred to as "lmao'ing") that Vince is ("allegedly") more mad at 2-time cancer survivor Roman for not wanting to expose himself to the loving plague than he is at Miz for being the one who potentially brought said plague to the workplace and caused Roman to bail. Even if it's not actually true I fully 100% believe Vince to be the type of person who would feel that way.

No one in WWE cares about the virus or the safety of its employees or their loved ones and certainly not random strangers. But they do care about people putting themselves first and above the company and forcing them to in any way address reality, especially when its just one guy who stands out.

I mean, who knows? WWE's stuck with Roman a long time and its not like he actually took a stand or spoke out or anything. He just acted selfishly, not altruistically. So maybe they respect that.

OctoberCountry posted:

Dave said how they went out of their way to never mention Roman at all during the show felt like they were mad at him and/or desperate to bury the idea that they were putting the wrestlers at risk

I don't buy that reasoning though. They didn't mention Roman because if they did they'd have to acknowledge why he wasn't there. They might be mad about that but even if they aren't they still wouldn't have mentioned him/it.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Apr 5, 2020

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, who knows? WWE's stuck with Roman a long time and its not like he actually took a stand or spoke out or anything. He just acted selfishly, not altruistically. So maybe they respect that.

What an odd take

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

WWE's stuck with Roman a long time and its not like he actually took a stand or spoke out or anything. He just acted selfishly, not altruistically.

:raise:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

OctoberCountry posted:

What an odd take

Its not an attack on the guy. "Selfish" isn't an evil thing. We do selfish things all the time and many of them are responsible, good decisions that don't hurt anyone else. The point was Reigns didn't like get upset that WWE was putting other people at risk or speak out against it or draw public attention to it or anything. He just did what's best for himself, which was the right and responsible decision. And that's probably more understandable to the folks within WWE then if he had raised a stink.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Apr 5, 2020

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I completely forgot that Shayna destroyed everyone in the Elimination Chamber. Man, she looks like a goober not being able to last 9 minutes against Becky and not even losing to her finisher.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

My Night 1 snowflakes:

Cesaro vs. Gulak **1/2
Bliss/Cross vs. Kabuki Warriors **
Elias vs. Corbin *
Lynch vs. Baszler ***
Zayn vs. Bryan **1/2
Morrison vs. Kingston vs. Uso ***1/2
Owens vs. Rollins ****
Strowman vs. Goldberg *
Styles vs. Taker BONES BONES BONES BONES BONES

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I think Ronda and Shayna could beat Becky in a handicap match if they cheat

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I hear praise being put on the boneyard match and KO's match but a ladder match with Uso/Kofi and Morrison had to have been entertaining with the stunts they could have pulled off, right? Is it not being talked about because..it was boring?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Kairi Sane is such a goddamn gem

https://twitter.com/KairiSaneWWE/status/1246582737789685761?s=19

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

TV Zombie posted:

I hear praise being put on the boneyard match and KO's match but a ladder match with Uso/Kofi and Morrison had to have been entertaining with the stunts they could have pulled off, right? Is it not being talked about because..it was boring?

Unless I'm forgetting one the last time a ladder match in WWE was talked about for positive reasons was when Zack Ryder won the IC title at WM32. Since then the only reason anybody's brought them up more than 24 hours after they happened is either super idiotic booking (James Ellsworth winning the first Women's MITB, Brock winning MITB last year) or because someone got hurt in one (Kairi at TLC a few months ago).

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

TV Zombie posted:

It was pretty good. Interesting finish where all three people had the belts unclipped and Morrison came down with them.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

TV Zombie posted:

It was really good but for a lot of people, the fact it wasn't a team match just killed it on arrival. Something about hearing every ladder sound was bizarrely funny though and I couldn't stop staring at that ceiling fan above the belts. Definitely Morrison's best WWE match this run, he was absolutely the mvp.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

:chloe:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The only thing scarier than the Bone Yard is the Logic man ready to kick some rear end

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

TriffTshngo posted:

currently laughing my rear end off (henceforth referred to as "lmao'ing") that Vince is ("allegedly") more mad at 2-time cancer survivor Roman for not wanting to expose himself to the loving plague than he is at Miz for being the one who potentially brought said plague to the workplace and caused Roman to bail. Even if it's not actually true I fully 100% believe Vince to be the type of person who would feel that way.

Hard to tell really. Is it beyond reason that Vince thinks Roman pussied out and will hold it against him going foward? Nope. They did say they won't but they say a lot of things don't they. I can't believe there's going to be a Raw show tomorrow that is just bonkers.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Roman getting buried for having a weak immune system would be next level hosed. He'd make a nuclear heel in AEW though

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

projecthalaxy posted:

It was pretty good. Interesting finish where all three people had the belts unclipped and Morrison came down with them.

There's a fine line between a finish being interesting and a finish being another weird, janky ending in a show that had almost all weird, janky endings at that point, and it seemed janky at the time. If the show in general was better, people would probably be more positive on the ladder match.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Hefty Leftist posted:

Roman getting buried for having a weak immune system would be next level hosed. He'd make a nuclear heel in AEW though

Romans in the lucky/unlucky spot where he could never draw enough fans to AEW to justify anything near his WWE money tho

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Lurks With Wolves posted:

There's a fine line between a finish being interesting and a finish being another weird, janky ending in a show that had almost all weird, janky endings at that point, and it seemed janky at the time. If the show in general was better, people would probably be more positive on the ladder match.

I guess. My favorite part was when Jimmy was walking on the barricade and Kofi just hucked a ladder full speed at him. I laughed.

bartok
May 10, 2006

How dare Roman put his and his families health ahead of WWE! Should have been willing to jeopardize his and his family's health like fellow immunocompromised wrestler Daniel Bryan. I love Daniel Bryan but sometimes his love for this dumb fake sport over his own personal well being really disturbs me.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
one of the worst shows i've ever seen with one of the best matches i've ever seen. i declare the first half of wrestlemania a rousing success

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I already clarified this. "Selfish" was not an insult. He made the right and responsible decision for himself and his family. Doing something "selfish" in and of itself is not evil or good. The point was if Reigns had like spoken out against WWE's decisions to put people in danger then they'd be REAL mad. But since he just quietly took care of his own stuff they might just be fine with it over creating a bigger thing.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Goat you've had some weird takes lately

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
"selfish" and "altruistic" is a frankly loving insane dialectic to put on a guy with immunodeficiency problems who is 1) showing up to a work event that your boss has doggedly insisted on pushing forward with during a pandemic, against all advice and 2) sees typhoid mizanin showing up dripping snot and coughing, insisting he be allowed to slap his possibly infected body all over the performance space. try "self-destructive" and "survival instinct" instead.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Is Braun still a babyface? Cause if so it might be him vs Sheamus next.... or him vs Corbin.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well "selfish" was obviously the wrong word to use since I obviously greatly misjudged how people read it as a fundamentally negative idea instead of a neutral one. My point was never to criticize or attack Reigns and clearly I did a bad job communicating that. I reiterate, Roman Reigns made the proper and responsible decision for his own health and family and I support him in that. I wish more WWE wrestlers made such a decision. I wish more people in general did. I was only trying to say that WWE would have gotten REALLY mad if he had been more publicly condemning about things.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Goat you've had some weird takes lately

I'm a fallible (and sometimes really stupid) human being and happy to clarify anything I've said that is confusing or apologize for anything I've said that was wrong.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 5, 2020

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

TV Zombie posted:

It's partially the weird circumstances around the match and fan issues with having three super-talented dudes killing themselves with ladder match bumps in an empty arena, but I think mostly it's the inverse effect of the boneyard match. A big part of the reason people are currently thinking of night 1 so fondly is it had an absolutely incredible ending and that made everything feel better than it really was. The ladder match was fun and had some impressive stunts, but it also had an absolutely terrible ending that made everyone in it look like an idiot, and that made people file it away as a waste of time.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Selfish was an odd choice of words but the underlying statement isn't that wild, you all need to calm down.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

WWE will never die because the bar is literally doing one good match a year at Wrestlemania.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
On the one hand I realize there are very few women wrestlers they’ve built up as credible so the division is just the same 4 women trading belts and a ton of jobbers.

On the other hand thank you Vince for realizing Shayna sucks and is a charisma vacuum and shouldn’t get the belt from Becky or have a year long reign of terror like in nXt.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Selfish was an odd choice of words but the underlying statement isn't that wild, you all need to calm down.

I don't know if people think I'm attacking Reigns or defending WWE. The former I understand. "Selfish" was obviously a bad word choice. I thought the context would speak for itself but I obviously hosed up. But I gotta hope no one thinks I'm taking WWE's side or suggesting Reigns should have worked WM, right?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!
I think the safer bet is to just assume that the weird old man who hates sneezes and yawning is probably upset that one of his top guys refused to work with a compromised immune system, during a global pandemic, after a coworker showed up sick. :shrug:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Staying home means not getting the virus and then infecting a bunch of other people with it and perhaps causing them to die, it's absolutely the altruistic choice. The gently caress is going on on this forum?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Rarity posted:

I hope people will forgive me for sharing this again now that people aren't in the middle of watching Wrestlemania

CWF presents the Creature Rumble 2020

(Mostly cause it was an insane amount of work and I don't want it to go to waste)

More people need to see this

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, STAC Goat had a poor word choice but I get what they're saying. Roman made the decision that Vince is going to view as selfish, staying home and not helping WWE. But there are also tons of stories where Vince gets mad at guys for letting him bully them into doing something for WWE or Vince. So you might assume WWE is mad at Roman but Vince logic is insane and they might just as well be happy with him.

Selfish was poor word choice but exactly how Vince would think of it. I read it all as STAC talking in Vince voice.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Rarity posted:

Staying home means not getting the virus and then infecting a bunch of other people with it and perhaps causing them to die, it's absolutely the altruistic choice. The gently caress is going on on this forum?

the initial point was:

staying home and not causing a fuss: "selfish" (with no negative connotation intended, because selfishness is not inherently bad)
getting loud about how hosed up the situation is: "altruistic" (because he'd be drawing a harsher eye toward WWE's hosed up policies, potentially causing change for the better down the line)

it's literally people just seeing the word "selfish" and assuming he meant roman was being an rear end in a top hat or something. you're literally all arguing against someone on the same side as you making the same points as you because you're interpreting words slightly differently. get a grip, people.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MJeff posted:

In no way is this even close to as bad as 32.

Undertaker’s match at 32 was funnier than the boneyard thing. Remember Shane attempting to do a triangle choke? Comedy gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

TriffTshngo posted:

the initial point was:

staying home and not causing a fuss: "selfish" (with no negative connotation intended, because selfishness is not inherently bad)
getting loud about how hosed up the situation is: "altruistic" (because he'd be drawing a harsher eye toward WWE's hosed up policies, potentially causing change for the better down the line)

Yeah, basically. When I said "altruistic" I meant to imply a hypothetical alternative if like Reigns had taken a public stance against WWE putting himself and others in danger. Which of course no one in WWE did so I'm not singling him out for not doing it. I just meant to say that would have been a bridge burner. Where as him just doing what's best for his family and himself and quietly going home might piss WWE off as "selfish" but also is limited to himself so they might not want to make it a bigger thing that no one in WWE has.

I worded it very poorly.

If we want to make the argument that staying home to protect yourself is be its nature altruistic since it doesn't endanger others, I won't fight. That's a fine enough idea with us not getting into unknown motivations or whatever. Just another aspect of my poor word choice.