Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
The game is great, but scenes like this annoy me. It was never made clear that scoring was based on all tokens touched and that ranking beyond first place was relevant. Whatever is happening is simply unfair.

Then again, some players are clearly aware of these hidden rules, so overcoming this knowledge gap might just be part of the game. For example, Sou was in grave danger of ranking last, so he probably did a 100 for 100 coin touch with Kanna. They probably didn't even explicitly trade, which is why Kanna was shocked to realize she ranked 3rd. Keiji has been very careful about his tokens, so he must have managed to get a middling score because he collaborated with Q-Taro. This means that Q-Taro getting 1st is inevitable.

It also means that once again, no matter what we do, we can't win as Sara. :( The most we can control is sharing last place with 0 tokens.

Rules griping aside, I'm fairly sure Sou is using a fake name and that the papers show everyone's win rate. Based on all the AI, dolls, and (fake?) Reko, there's got to be some kind of cloning or time loop aspect to this story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
He's actually Sou Donym.

Aaaand it looks like winning and losing might not be such good things... Suddenly yoinked in front of a target...

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.

NeoRonTheNeuron posted:

Whatever is happening is simply unfair.

I mean, Sue Miley sneaking into Sara's room and handing her secret bonus info could also easily be seen as unfair. As could, like, putting a 12 year old in a death game to compete with a pro baseball player. Or hiding a rules explanation somewhere anyone is unlikely to look, then when explaining things in person failing to mention a key loophole.

The general gist of this game has never really been "things are going to be fair", even beyond the knowledge gap aspect. It's more... trying to combat the unfairness as much as possible and potentially subvert it. Just in this update, if you believe Rio Ranger, he didn't actually expect the entire cast to survive the attraction and clear chip subgame to get to this point.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Alright. Why does the ice cream cone have one wing? Is it ice cream Sephiroth?

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Jadecore posted:

I mean, Sue Miley sneaking into Sara's room and handing her secret bonus info could also easily be seen as unfair. As could, like, putting a 12 year old in a death game to compete with a pro baseball player. Or hiding a rules explanation somewhere anyone is unlikely to look, then when explaining things in person failing to mention a key loophole.

The general gist of this game has never really been "things are going to be fair", even beyond the knowledge gap aspect. It's more... trying to combat the unfairness as much as possible and potentially subvert it. Just in this update, if you believe Rio Ranger, he didn't actually expect the entire cast to survive the attraction and clear chip subgame to get to this point.

I think the unfairness complaint here is less about fairness in the story and more about how the unfairness affects our ability to make predictions. At any point, our understanding of the game/story can be subverted by twist rules, and this makes it very hard to logically puzzle things out.

This is the type of interaction I find enjoyable in something like an Ace Attorney game, but I think maybe I should give up on the idea of this playing similarly to those types of games.

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

Jadecore posted:

Yeah, like Kai spelled it out pretty clearly at the end of the first chapter. No point playing in a rigged game, don't give them the satisfaction, etc.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Maybe the main game is who can dodge the vomit after they start spinning Q-Taro and Gin with the big carnival game wheel. Anybody who smells like puke at the end is dropped into a pit of bleach.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015

Although next time, you would be wise to heed the ancient Japanese proverb... phone first!
I do remember that Ranger straight up said that, if all goes well, everyone can survive this Main Game.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Bifauxnen posted:

The names here that aren't present on the cards are:

Kai
Sou
Kugie
Joe
Nao

That's five, not four. Sou of course, is probably not using his real name so that checks out. He's probably the "self-employed" Shin, at 0%. I wouldn't have expected him to actually be at full 0% but it's not out of the question.

Kugie's a total unknown, but Kai and Joe and Nao would make sense at zero too. :smith:

Kugie is a female name I believe, so that's definitely Kanna's sister. 0% chances of survival makes perfect sense for someone that didn't even survive the preliminary game. I agree with Sou being a fake name and him being the 0% Shin, and considering the situation, he may either have this knowledge and that's why he's willing to throw everyone under the bus to survive, or he has no idea and he's exactly proving why he has 0% because he's horrendously untrustworthy. Both may be true, even!

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012

Goon Boots posted:

I think the unfairness complaint here is less about fairness in the story and more about how the unfairness affects our ability to make predictions. At any point, our understanding of the game/story can be subverted by twist rules, and this makes it very hard to logically puzzle things out.

This is the type of interaction I find enjoyable in something like an Ace Attorney game, but I think maybe I should give up on the idea of this playing similarly to those types of games.

Yeah, I'm a fan of mysteries and puzzle games. Twists like this are preventing this game from fitting into those genres.

Jadecore posted:

Sue Miley sneaking into Sara's room and handing her secret bonus info

Sorry, how do you know it was Sue Miley?

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.

NeoRonTheNeuron posted:

Sorry, how do you know it was Sue Miley?

They deeeefinitely show enough of the face and hair.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Ah, you're right. I even checked back and didn't see anything other than shadow.

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!

Jadecore posted:

The closest thing this game is getting to fairness is that "victory is technically possible." (At least outside the Main Game, where at least two people die no matter what.)

Hide the instructions, hide the minigame needed for everyone to bank 10 Clear Chips, but the possibility seems to always exist for everyone to survive until the Main Game. That's not any normal person's definition of "fairness," but the kind of rear end in a top hat who operates a death game probably thinks it's hilarious.

Junpei posted:

I do remember that Ranger straight up said that, if all goes well, everyone can survive this Main Game.

Did he*? I thought what he said what that, if everyone does well, they can all survive until the Main Game.

"Unlike in the Main Game, if you do well, then no one will have to die!"

I'm pretty sure the Main Game is still gonna be the Main Game.

*I only just noticed, looking back through his intro, that Ranger is apparently a guy. It's a bit hard to tell. That's anime for you.

Ghost Car
Sep 14, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

Kugie is a female name I believe, so that's definitely Kanna's sister. 0% chances of survival makes perfect sense for someone that didn't even survive the preliminary game. I agree with Sou being a fake name and him being the 0% Shin, and considering the situation, he may either have this knowledge and that's why he's willing to throw everyone under the bus to survive, or he has no idea and he's exactly proving why he has 0% because he's horrendously untrustworthy. Both may be true, even!

We definitely know that Kugie was Kanna's sister--her name was mentioned several times in Kanna's whole flashback about the bucket-head incident.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
Calling it now - the golden route alluded to where nobody dies in the subgame would require everyone to have touched the exact same number of Me-Tokens - anything else, and the front and backmarkers are killed

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

“I... I can't move, woof!”

“Gin!! Q-taro!!”

“Ranger, let those two go. Or else...”

“You stay put right there!”

“Please let us out!!”

"Ranger!! The hell you doin'?! Let them all go!!"

“You aren't... still going to do something to them, are you...?!”

“Okay, you three noisy idiot girls! Watch over them from the Impression Room!”

“W... We're high up! The ground's risen...!”

“As a reward for your efforts, I've given you a special invitation! Good for you!”

"What do you mean Impression Room?! God dammit! Cut the crap, Ranger!!”

“Better stop shouting and start listening, 'cause I'm about to explain the rules!”

“...Rules, you say...?”

Music stops.

• While it is possible to avoid getting any tokens (don't partner with Q-taro, don't take Reko into the Stay on Target attraction, don't do any negotiations that involve a token trade, either by doing the discussion only negotiations and / or skipping negotiations entirely) there's no way to stop Sara picking up the token Reko used in the vending machine.

“We didn't hear about that!! Not once!!”

“No...!! That can't...!!”

“"Dammit!! poo poo!! How's this not just an execution?!”

“Ya don't mean that “privilege” was...”

Music stops.

“The privilege to be a sacrifice for Gin!”

“...!!”

“You're free to do whatever. That switch isn't a duty, it's a privilege.”

“................”

“Well then, should we get started? The rest of you can just take it easy!”

“Help... Help!! Help me, meow!! Muscle gorilla!!”

“Ahh... Gin...! We have to do something!”

“The timer's started!!”

“Crap!! What now?! What should we do?!”

“We can't jump down from this height...!”

“Ain't there any way we can interfere?!”

What... can we do now...?”

“I don't want to sacrifice anyone else...!!”

“But how?!”

“W... Well...!!”

“Sara... what should we...?!”

Music stops.

“Earlier, Ranger...”

“So far, the attractions... have all been made to be beatable! There must be something! A way... to save Gin!!”

“Sara...!”

“Let's think about it! We absolutely can't give up!!”

“The guys on the ground at least might be able to do something, but...”

“From this place, we can't even get near Gin!!”

“Reko...!”

“We have to think... right, Sara?!”

“Yes...!”

“If we all think together, we should hit upon something!!”

“...!”

“Please, you guys...!! Have some kinda revelation! Anything!!”

“Time limit's pretty short! Best of luck with that!”

Extract statement from Reko.

“You can say that, but... All we can do is watch...!”

“I mean, what else do you think we can do?!”

“We can check if there's a special trick or something to this Impression Room.”

“Some trick...!”

“Got it...”

“The first thing you notice is those two LCD screens, huh...”

“I bet when it goes down to “Left: 0”... Gin's gonna...!”

(Okay... Reko's calmed down...!)

Extract statement from Nao.

“We have to think... right, Sara?!”

“First, umm... what should we start with...!”

“Nao, stay calm... Think about what we're able to do first.”

“Y-Yes, sorry...”

“What I can do is observe...!”

“And what I'm curious about here is, um...”

“Why are these two LCDs here, I wonder...?”

“I'm guessing one of them is the timer counting down to when the venomous stinger fires.”

“Yes... that's right.”

(Good... Nao's regained her composure!)

Conflict Nao against Reko.

Music stops.

“Wait a second! Reko!”

“Y-Yeah, what?!”

“Isn't the timer for the venomous stinger on the left LCD...?!”

“But... the right LCD says “Left: 35.5!” Ain't this one the timer?”

“...It's not moving...”

“That's true...!”

“Wha...?! You're right, it ain't goin' down!”

“But if it's not a timer, what's the right LCD supposed to be showing...?”

“Um...”

“I don't know, but I can think of one thing... It might be key to solving the trick behind this attraction...!”

“R-Really?!”

“First, we need to think about what “Left: 35.5” is talking about, right?!”

“It's probably “left” as in “remaining”, huh... Maybe we have to lower the number or do something to free those two...?”

“In which case...”

“What's important is the units on “Left: 35.5”...!”

“But... Even if we narrow it down to “length”, it could be metres, inches, yards...”

“If we just figure out what it's related to, that should give us a hint! A person, an object, an action...?”

“Like... Say it's a number related to Nao, then...”

“I really don't think it's that... But all we can do is say what pops into mind!”

(Honestly, this battle is more about intuition than logic... But I have no doubt this number has to do with something present here...!! We'll find an escape, even if we have to brute force it!!)

“If we just figure out what it's related to, that should give us a hint! A person, an object, an action...?”

“Honestly, I got no guesses here...”

“Hey, Sara. Which do you think the number'd be most related to? A person, object or action?”

“How about a person?!”

“A person? In that case...”

“Hah... Got no proof though. It's just a suggestion.”

(A number related to Gin...?)

“What's important is the units on “Left: 35.5”...! Length, weight, volume... If we know the units, will we solve the mystery...?!”

“It'll take time, but we need to narrow it down...! Sara, between length, weight and volume, which do you think is most relevant?”

“How about weight?!”

“35.5 kilograms... 35.5 grams... Umm...”

(The weight... of a grade-schooler?)

Music stops.

“Wait, Nao! What'd you just say?!”

“E-Err, that 35.5 kilograms is about the weight of a grade-schooler.”

“I wonder if...”

“Hey! Gin!! You weigh yourself at school, right?!”

“...Meow?”

“Tell us your weight in kilograms!! How much is it?!”

“That's exactly it!! The number on the LCD...!”

“Is this just a coincidence...?”

“It's too exact to be a coincidence!”

“But what in the world does it mean?!”

“Hmm...”

“Either increasing or decreasing the value should give us the answer!”

(Increase or decrease 35.5 kilograms... What...? Where...? Who...?)

“Let's think about this again! Just say whatever you can think of!!”

“Weight... weight... decrease... increase...? 35.5 kilograms...?”

“It's no good! I'm starting to panic!”

“Wait a sec, I just got it!”

“Huh?!”

“This platform we're riding...”

“N-No way...!!”

“It's saying we need 35.5 more kilograms to press down the switch!!”

“So it's displaying “Left: 35.5kg” because...”

“If we add 35.5 kilograms of weight to the platform, maybe some machine to rescue Gin will start up?! But how the hell can we determine that...?"

“Wait! There is a way!”

“Tell me! What way is there?!”

“We jump!”

“If this platform really is a scale measuring our weight, then...”

“The weight needed will increase while we're airborne! And decrease from the impact when we land!”

“Understood! Then please, do a jump!”

“Here goes!!”

Reko leapt high into the air.

“Well, Sara?! Did it change?!”

“No, it didn't move...”

“Gah...!! Seriously?! Not for a second?!”

“No... There was no reaction.”

“Then is it unrelated after all...?!”

“Whatever we do doesn't make any difference... The Impression Room's just for outsiders...”

(Even leaping didn't change the display... But is it actually irrelevant...?)

“Weight... weight... decrease... increase...? 35.5 kilograms...?”

“Um... Sara.”

“Despite what Reko says... I wonder if we're really irrelevant?”

“Eh...?”

The poison timer, and the “Left: 35.5kg” display... Why are there only here where we can see them? ”

“Ah...”

“And also... Why were just the three of us separated out?”

“Ranger said we had a “special invitation,” but...”

“Ranger said this was a reward for our efforts...”

“Y... Yes.”

“But considering that, it's bizarre that it's only those of us who placed low here.”

“...Huh...?”

“I-I wonder... Is the goal of this Impression Room...”

(It's not unthinkable...)

Music stops.

“Nao, repeat that for me!”

“E-Err, I think... This room is meant to punish us!”

“W-What're you talking about?!”

“I mean... If that were true, there'd be no reason to separate us from Keiji and the others!”

“I'm sure this room is connected to the mechanism to rescue Gin...”

“Maybe our punishment... is related to the “Left: 35.5kg” display...”

“Take a look! No matter how much we leap around, that display ain't changing!”

With that, Reko jumped up high again.

“Huh...?”

“I just heard a sound...”

“Say what...?”

(I think it came from the floor...! I'll try touching around...)

(I wonder if...!)

There's a small indentation in the gap between tiles that I can get my fingers into.

“This tile here! It's removable!!”

“Ehh?!”

“Alright! Tear it off!”

“Ready, and...”

Below the tile...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Of course it's a spike pit. Of course.

Reminds me of the opening of Terry Pratchett's Going Postal, where our hero is in jail but has been scratching away at the wall with a spoon he hid, almost done breaking enough that he can take out one of the bricks. It'll be close, his execution is the next day and the spoon is worn down to almost nothing, but he manages it just in time, removes the brick and spies... another layer of bricks, and a shiny new spoon.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, but the spikes are pretty colors! :swoon:

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Spiked pit aside, I wonder what the other group is seeing in their portion of the puzzle.

The thing we can control in this part of the game is how many coins Sara touched. While we can't get max or min, it might be possible for Sara to beat Keiji and end up in the other group.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Well, at least the solution to this one is super-easy, you just push Reko down on the spikes, because SHE IS A DOLL YOU ABSOLUTE DUMMIES.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Regallion posted:

Well, at least the solution to this one is super-easy, you just push Reko down on the spikes, because SHE IS A DOLL YOU ABSOLUTE DUMMIES.

The original Reko has definitely very probably been replaced by a doll, but this doll appears to think and act like the real Reko would. Could it be a doll that doesn't know it's a doll?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I wonder if it could be done as a question of timing? Have Q-Taro push the button at juuuust the right moment so the stinger hits the target rather than either of them?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Nah, that's bound to end poorly when the target either moves too fast or too slow and Gin/Q-Taro get shot anyway.

That Web of Happiness Sara picked up seems like it should be good for something, figuring out what to do with it might be the key.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Regallion posted:

So? They're all dolls, probably, given that we have win rates for dead players and perfect simulated AI. You gonna kill a doll to save a different doll?

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Yeah, IMO, they are all dolls with AI, so it doesn't really matter.

The awkward thing about Gin's weight is that technically, his costume should put him over the 35.5 mark. No idea how the weight will be relevant though since jumping on the platform (Impression Room) doesn't do anything.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Mystic Mongol posted:

So? They're all dolls, probably, given that we have win rates for dead players and perfect simulated AI. You gonna kill a doll to save a different doll?

Reko pre-Room of Lies bled, which is something that we assume dolls can't do. Presumably, the AIs played against eachother in the past?

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
I wonder what hot takes Sou is forcing on Kanna and Keiji while they can't go anywhere

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

"Man, can you believe those 3? They didn't trust us at all! We shouldn't trust them ever again at anything in this place, and throw them away after using them."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

tomanton posted:

I wonder what hot takes Sou is forcing on Kanna and Keiji while they can't go anywhere
“SARA IS UP THERE WITH A SLINGSHOT TAKING POTSHOTS AT GIN AND ALSO I SAW HER CARD SHE’S THE SACRIFICE.”

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Reko pre-Room of Lies bled, which is something that we assume dolls can't do. Presumably, the AIs played against eachother in the past?

What evidence do we have that dolls can't bleed? I mean, Miley and Safalin certainly did.

Given the insane technology level we've already seen with AIs and such, "dolls" could well just be flesh-and-blood clones with implanted memories and personalities.

Or have we seen anyone actually get injured and not bleed when they should have?

PMush Perfect posted:

“SARA IS UP THERE WITH A SLINGSHOT TAKING POTSHOTS AT GIN AND ALSO I SAW HER CARD SHE’S THE SACRIFICE.”

I don't think Sou would want to convince the others that Sara was the Sacrifice unless it was true. Assuming, that is, that he actually wants her to die. (At this point, I am extremely reluctant to draw conclusions about what Sou really wants. His behavior is bizarre enough that we must be missing something.)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It took me way too long to realize that Rio’s name is a pun on “rearranger”

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Maybe they're all AI dollies, and the 'blood' they can bleed is simply delicious soup. This is just a single AI supercomputer playing around with smaller AI dollies until bathroom break is up and they have to go back computing the secrets of the universe.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Didn't Smiley bleed when hit earlier?

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

value-brand cereal posted:

Maybe they're all AI dollies, and the 'blood' they can bleed is simply delicious soup. This is just a single AI supercomputer playing around with smaller AI dollies until bathroom break is up and they have to go back computing the secrets of the universe.

Just like that episode of Futurama about Star Trek! Or maybe the secret twist is going to be like some I have no Mouth stuff.

Also, we got to see Rio's face finally.

Also, it's a shame Gin dropped his stuffed animal thing.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

I mean, the converse of the idea that Smiley bleeding proves that the masterminds can create bleeding robots is that because Smiley bleeds, she is not a robot. Similarly, the alleged AI could just be a script and some video editing. Not saying that everything has definitely been done without super AIs, just that there is a possibility that all the advanced tech could just be a big illusion.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

My thing with Miley is her character sprite's outfit is different from the doll that they put together and had allegedly 'woken up' (Namely her gloves). Makes me think there's substitutions going on in multiple direction.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

“Sara! There's writing on the back of that tile...!!”

(To... rescue?)

“Ah...! The number on the right LCD!”

“It... went down a little...?”

“I wonder what that means...”

Music stops.

“The weight of... that fragment.”

“Huh...?”

(...I see. Reko's idea wasn't necessarily wrong...)

“Ranger, answer me. At the bottom of this hole... There may be a bed of spikes, but could it also be...”

“A... scale...?”

“........”

“The “35.5kg” on the LCD matched Gin's weight. A piece of the floor tile fell down into the spikes, and it decreased to 35.3kg. Most likely, the difference can be accounted for as the weight of the fragment.”

Music stops.

“Then... We can really rescue him?! We can save Gin, right?!”

“'Course you can!”

”That is... if you CAN...” Now... No time to dawdle. 35.5kg... Wanna talk about what to use as a weight?”

“...35.5. kilograms...”

“The walls the LCDs are on! If we bust those up and drop them...!”

“...Barehanded...?”

“...!!”

“Then... what do we do...?!”

“Something heavy enough to use... There's nothin' on this platform, is there?!”

“Did that drat Ranger never intend of letting us save him in the first place?!”

“...........”

“...Sara....”

“...You mean...”

“I understand why the people who placed high aren't here...”

“Clearly, this is an unwanted duty...”

“And there'll be a dispute in this place...”

(No...!! Is there... no other option...?!)

“Something heavy enough to use... There's nothin' on this platform, is there?!”

“I don't care... I'll destroy these LCDs and these walls barehanded...!!”

Reko kicks the wall, but it doesn't budge.

“Then that floor tile! If we break it apart and drop it all down...”

“I really doubt it would be 35.5 kilograms...”

“Then... then...!!”

“Gaaaah!! Is there no way to save him?!”

(No, there's just one way... But... it's the worst possible...)

Music stops.

“W-What... what'd you just say...?!”

“There's only one way to get a weight of 35.3kg...”

“If someone falls... That will weight down the switch and rescue Gin.”

“............”

“...And be skewered...?!”

“Ahaha... You just noticed?”

"You goddamn...!!"

“But see, y'all are some lucky bastards too! Right, Safalin?!”

(Hm...? Did she just...)

“C'mon, pay more attention to the time you got left! It's really getting' down there, okaaay?”

“Soon enough... This discussion'll be over. So you might wanna settle quickly...”

Music stops.

“Make a sacrifice... for Gin...?”

“............”

“Huh? What's wrooong? Haven't you been racking your brains to do just that?”

“T... This is awful... I can't decide such a thing...”

“Ehh? What're you babbling about?”

“Don't be ridiculous!! I would never...!!”

“...Ahaha. If you don't like pushing, you'll just have to sacrifice yourself.”

“...!!”

“Do you three remember?”

“Ah...! That's right!”

"Strange, huh? If somebody has to die to win, that violates the rules."

“...Then...”

“...There must be a way to not be skewered.”

“You serious...?! It's 35 kilograms!! What can the three of us do..?”

“The floor tile! If we ride on the tile we removed, maybe we can avoid the spikes piercing us...!”

Use “Web of Happiness on Keiji.

“What if this Web of Happiness... is a wire rope prepared for just this occasion?!”

“The thing from back then?! You think that's gonna be...?!”

“Please think back, Reko.”

“It definitely said that!”

“Say what?!”

“I completely forgot about it myself after I collected enough Clear Chips... But... this is the only place left to use it!!”

“Yes! A wire rope of this thickness should let someone hang from it and descend!”

(Earlier, Safalin misspoke...)

”I imagine all three of you would have to descend in order to save him.”

(She said ”descend”... She never once said “fall”...!)

“What's up, Sara...?”

“Nothing...”

“If we descend with the rope, we can stand between the spikes...!”

“A... All right! So we can save Gin!!”

“T-Thank goodness! Where did you get such a thing?”

Music stops.

“Room of... Lies...?”

“Wait a second!! Um... is this okay...?”

“...Uh? ...Y-You don't mean...”

Reko pulled firmly on the Web of Happiness.

“...Wha...? You're... kidding...”

“N-No...”

“Ahahahahaha!!”

”So close... If you'd just believed a little more, I could've seen you get skewered...”

“How far... how far do these traps go...?!”

“W... What kind of “happiness”...!!”

(So this was the lie in the Room of Lies...!!)

“That's what I'm telling y'all! You oughta sacrifice someone!”

“............”

“............”

(What do we do... What do we do?!)

Music stops.

“............”

“............”

“...”

(This is no good... If no one talks, we're just wasting time! But what can we do?!)

(...Haha... ha... Isn't it simple...?)

(...I should sacrifice myself.)

(That's... my answer...)

• There's an alternate version of these scene where Kai tells Sara that whatever she decides would be a waste of the feelings entrusted to her and that a “Steelmind” like herself can't give up. I tried all four options and got Joe every time, not sure if this is due to previous choices or Nankidai swapped Kai for Joe at some point.

“…!!”

“We can't give up yet...!”

“Sara...”

“There's still time!”

“Huh...?”

“B-But...! I can't desert Gin...!!”

“You think I don't feel the same way?! But let's quit sugarcoating it.”

(N... No...)

“...That's wrong...”

“Something's... off...”

“Eh...?”

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

I know this is overthinking it, but the tiles should do the trick. The piece that broke off is about 1/7 the width of the title. Assume about the same in the other dimension (an overestimate), and that's 1/49 of the tile. Call it 1/50 for the sake of round numbers. It made the scale decrease by 0.2, so a whole tile should be 10 kg (about 22 lbs for people like me in lands of antiquated units). Four tiles should be plenty, leaving room to stand as well.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Okay NOW we can throw the doll Reko in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

idhrendur posted:

I know this is overthinking it, but the tiles should do the trick. The piece that broke off is about 1/7 the width of the title. Assume about the same in the other dimension (an overestimate), and that's 1/49 of the tile. Call it 1/50 for the sake of round numbers. It made the scale decrease by 0.2, so a whole tile should be 10 kg (about 22 lbs for people like me in lands of antiquated units). Four tiles should be plenty, leaving room to stand as well.

I'd imagine that the tile they picked up is the only loose one, given that they're supposed to figure out that the spike pit is under it.

I'd imagine it would be hard or impossible to pick up any other tile.