Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
not hanging with my friends once and awhile has taken my conversations with my cat to a whole new level, and i have consumed a heroic amount of alcohol this week. 3 fifths of woodford reserve and 4 six-packs of various beers. alcohol has become boring.

social distancing is going good so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
wanking from home

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:xd:

Neslepaks
Sep 3, 2003

got drunk with a friend on zoom last night. it was nice

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

President Beep posted:

but then your cable is two

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

not hanging with my friends once and awhile has taken my conversations with my cat to a whole new level, and i have consumed a heroic amount of alcohol this week. 3 fifths of woodford reserve and 4 six-packs of various beers. alcohol has become boring.

i stopped drinking more than a drink a week because some booze makes me stuffy and i didnt want to risk masking symptoms. we had white russians last night and hoo boy did the buzz feel good from one cocktail

same for coffee, my weekend coffees are full strength and i feel like magic all morning

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

today my son is making bracelets. im helping

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

hey guess who's been furloughed :thumbsup:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

hey guess who's been furloughed :thumbsup:

BORAT VOICE MY WIFE works IT for a large retail chain and they've been furloughing like crazy. Not her yet but: poo poo sucks, sorry to hear this.

:sadpeanut:

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

Agile Vector posted:

i stopped drinking more than a drink a week because some booze makes me stuffy and i didnt want to risk masking symptoms. we had white russians last night and hoo boy did the buzz feel good from one cocktail

same for coffee, my weekend coffees are full strength and i feel like magic all morning

reporter in seattle reported that alcohol sales were up like 60-something percent despite all the bars being closed

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

My cats were super excited the first week I was home all the time. That excitement has turned into you're sitting on my chair/spot on the sofa/spot on the bed/how dare you use the kitchen when I come to eat type meows.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Base Emitter posted:

reporter in seattle reported that alcohol sales were up like 60-something percent despite all the bars being closed

here in sf I’ve heard 40% and the mayor is making everywhere that sells booze close by 8

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

qirex posted:

here in sf I’ve heard 40% and the mayor is making everywhere that sells booze close by 8

so everywhere is soma now, lol

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Jonny 290 posted:

so everywhere is soma now, lol

xD

the truth, it hurts me

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
someone just came in the pharmacy and said her daughters can’t get any weed lol. they’re 27 and 33

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

echinopsis posted:

someone just came in the pharmacy and said her daughters can’t get any weed lol. they’re 27 and 33

Did you help them?

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
dispensaries are essential businesses in seattle lol

(because medicinal i think)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Salt Fish posted:

Did you help them?

🙄

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
they're finally putting the hammer down on carwashes around here

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Base Emitter posted:

dispensaries are essential businesses in seattle lol

(because medicinal i think)

Dispensaries and liquor stores are essential businesses because it’s easier to get people to stay home if they have their vices.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
this is true.

all the places nearby closed early that sell booze, and the beverage cart delivery service had no open slots for beer delivery tonight.

considering heading to the 24/7 grocery store to get some beer right now.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
colorado's dispensaries were lauded as being at the absolute forefront of sanitation/isolation because they already have mantraps, limit how many people can be on the sales floor at once, and have armed guards to discourage any Shenanigans.

now they're doing curbside pickup but the push to get delivery legalized is moving very fast

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
when I go to group meetings about medicinal cannabis on the potential horizon in nz they talk about how it’s a trojan horse for recreational cannabis and it’s like yeah of course

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

colorado's dispensaries were lauded as being at the absolute forefront of sanitation/isolation because they already have mantraps, limit how many people can be on the sales floor at once, and have armed guards to discourage any Shenanigans.

now they're doing curbside pickup but the push to get delivery legalized is moving very fast

the legal market on the east coast, if you don't have a medical card, is shut down for now. we only have (had) mass doing sales, and it was still rolling out there, with dispensaries opening up every few weeks - boston had just gotten its first rec store in early march. main reason they shut it down is because it was driving so much interstate traffic, so to slow the spread there's no legal rec weed on the east coast right now. makes sense but its lame. lots of the rec workers are furloughed and most of the dispensaries now have about 10-20% of the demand, and they aren't eligible for most of the business aid available due to covid, since it's still not legal federally

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Broken Machine posted:

the legal market on the east coast, if you don't have a medical card, is shut down for now. we only have (had) mass doing sales, and it was still rolling out there, with dispensaries opening up every few weeks - boston had just gotten its first rec store in early march. main reason they shut it down is because it was driving so much interstate traffic, so to slow the spread there's no legal rec weed on the east coast right now. makes sense but its lame. lots of the rec workers are furloughed and most of the dispensaries now have about 10-20% of the demand, and they aren't eligible for most of the business aid available due to covid, since it's still not legal federally

old world chud rear end motherfuckers can and are leveraging this crisis, next year it'll be "revenues for rec weed were way down! risk outstrips reward! shut it down"

which is why all of you should write in bernie sanders in november

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

old world chud rear end motherfuckers can and are leveraging this crisis, next year it'll be "revenues for rec weed were way down! risk outstrips reward! shut it down"

i'm so glad in retrospect that i spent so much time + effort over the past several years to move to vermont. it's a great place, and it's proving to be a great place to weather an apocalypse, too. really glad we have a bunch of farmers, industry, local power generation etc. here, so we're actually fairly alright as far as projected supplies and such for this

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Base Emitter posted:

i believe that number. we did a bottle count and have something like 20 some odd wines now, just waiting to pair, as well as a half case of beer waiting for the fridge

if liquor sales encourage people to avoid crowds and drink at home then by all means

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
what up it's the big ol jonny 290 turn it up to 11 and rip the knob off, comin live inside the ride, anybody else want to die in their sleep every single night, except the problem is that you don't sleep any more and you wake up at 1:17 AM and pass back out at 7:42 am just in time to get a lovely nap in before you wake up at 9:37 for work and have to dry shampoo your hair to show up for that JUST SOCIAL CHATTING NBD! zoom meeting at 10am and holy gently caress everything we believed in was absolute bullshit and all it took was 29kb of DNA to literally shred the entirety of our dreams

i love you all and am not planning on checking out any time soon but i was not really being serious about i'm a prepper getting ready for the hell apocalypse when all the supply chains break down and i have to become a keffiyeh-wearing desert raider and right now i want to render down mitch mcconnell's neck fat flaps on low and slow heat to provide worthy fat for me deep frying some cornbread to sustain me

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i will eat people right now as long as they're succ dems or poo poo conservatives

death cults, both of 'em

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Jonny 290 posted:

Bernie Sanders is too moderate for me now. I'm going to start vocally agitating for the west coast to start a nullification crisis and force the flyover wasteland to accept severely limited political power through economic and physical blockade.

I'm realistic though, that's going to take a few years of planning, so I will of course write in Bernie Sanders in November.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

100% behind secession. Balkanization has been the modern answer to cultural and ideological differences throughout eastern europe, the middle east and asia. I'm not sure why we're special.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Stereotype posted:

Bernie Sanders is too moderate for me now. I'm going to start vocally agitating for the west coast to start a nullification crisis and force the flyover wasteland to accept severely limited political power through economic and physical blockade

better start beefing up that California State Guard then

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

we would need to unwind the fossil fuel and corn/soy economies to fully disenfranchise the lesser states as they deserve

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i will absolutely apply for citizenship in the nations of Norbay or Cascadia. it's obvious that the rest of the country is not aligned with their interests and if they want to test their mettle at navigating international tariff policies for their lovely corn i welcome they to it.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

qirex posted:

we would need to unwind the fossil fuel and corn/soy economies to fully disenfranchise the lesser states as they deserve

wholesale gas is going at like 42 cents a gallon right now. the process has already started.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
lol that accelerationism was the answer all along

love to JIT balance the entire world on a knife's edge lol

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I could dig a seceded Cascadia eventually having open borders with Canada

as it stands now Washington state is BC with guns instead of healthcare

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Methanar posted:

lol that accelerationism was the answer all along

turns out accelerationism is ok when its pushed by chuds and reactionaries and not ok when its pushed by progressives. i havent figured out the logic behind this but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Stereotype posted:

Bernie Sanders is too moderate for me now. I'm going to start vocally agitating for the west coast to start a nullification crisis and force the flyover wasteland to accept severely limited political power through economic and physical blockade.

I'm realistic though, that's going to take a few years of planning, so I will of course write in Bernie Sanders in November.

he was always the compromise candidate op