Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

It's obvious that no one in Tiger King or involved in the production of Tiger King cared about the animals.

kittenmittons posted:

Yeah, it was pretty much just a game of "who is the biggest piece of poo poo here" for 7 episodes.

See this is what I'm talking about. Taking a fully accredited and respected rescue operation and making it look dodgy just to create a narrative for your lovely sensationalist documentary is awful. Anyone who's only exposure to BCR is that show is going to get an impression of the org that's about as accurate as the portrayal of marijuana in reefer madness. Joe Exotic and his associates are 100% the bad guys and Big Cat Rescue is just a group that helps animals, but making it seem like they're both bad means more people talk about the show.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Apr 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I didn't finish it but that one Joe Exotic documentary tried to make him seem like just a cool wacky guy which is pretty hosed up

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Tertius Oculum posted:

https://twitter.com/davidvconway/status/1240380879610040320

Reposting this cause it's still funny as hell. (WWE with Twin Peaks music)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

:perfect:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
lmao that owns

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

See this is what I'm talking about. Taking a fully accredited and respected rescue operation and making it look dodgy just to create a narrative for your lovely sensationalist documentary is awful. Anyone who's only exposure to BCR is that show is going to get an impression of the org that's about as accurate as the portrayal of marijuana in reefer madness. Joe Exotic and his associates are 100% the bad guys and Big Cat Rescue is just a group that helps animals, but making it seem like they're both bad means more people talk about the show.

Carole Baskin's weird volunteer tiering system is supremely hosed up and evil, and not sensationalized by the documentary.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Apr 6, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Lurdiak posted:

She killed her husband and fed him to tigers.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

Carole Baskin's weird volunteer tiering system is supremely hosed up and evil, and not sensationalized by the documentary.

Boba Pearl posted:

She killed her husband and fed him to tigers.

Thanks for illustrating my point.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I can't believe the documentary filmmakers took the exact words she said and made her say them

Edit: Also good job lumping in nonprofit labour exploitation with weirdo conspiracy theories.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Apr 6, 2020

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Was the documentary being disingenuous about Carole Baskin not paying her staff?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Poe's law is in effect here.

No-one made her say "You have to rub the body in sardine oil to get the cats to eat it."

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Apr 6, 2020

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Was the documentary being disingenuous about Carole Baskin not paying her staff?

Yes, because it's a non-profit and they're volunteers. And when I say non-profit I mean she pockets none of the money. The organization is rated 100 out of 100 by Charity Navigator, and received various top ratings from other sources. It's in no way a scam organization like the show implies, or even one of those pamphlet charities, they're the real deal.

Trying to frame people volunteering for a charity as sinister exploitation is just one of the many hosed up things the documentary does that people watching just accept without questioning it, which is why it's incredibly hosed up and irresponsible. Interviewing people with incredibly strong motives to defame the owner (employees fired for embezzling, owners of abusive roadside "zoos" shut down by bills BCR helped pass into law) to try and make her look like a murderer is also ridiculous, but at least that's only disgusting lies about a person, not an entire charitable organization.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The campaign manager being a Libertarian probably means he’s also a piece of poo poo, but I do feel for the guy having to watch a friend blow their brains out in front of him. That scene is rough.

lol most small town 21 year old white male Walmart employees probably identify as a Libertarian. take it from me

Josh Dial was lowkey the funniest thing about the show, just a young dork unwittingly sucked into this world without an ulterior motive. I felt bad for him. He actually seemed to try to do the right thing most of the time.

also I did not get the impression that he was on meth, he probably had one of the best sets of teeth on the show really

JAMOOOL fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Apr 6, 2020

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Lurdiak posted:

I hate Tiger King so much. The selective editing and misinformation about Big Cat Rescue is downright libelous.

yeah I got a "Making a Murderer" vibe from the editing, they're not being overtly misleading but it's definitely trying to steer the viewer into the "maybe she's even worse than the others" view. the last ep cut from Joe in jail (after 10 minutes of "maybe he wasn't the one who deserved to be here") to her and her Mitch McConnell lookalike husband talking about drinking champagne was pretty manipulative. obviously if she *did* kill her first husband all bets are off but come on the whole "she fed her husband to the tigers" thing sounds like such a bullshit urban legend that I'm surprised to see so many people take it seriously

there's a pretty strong "Trump vs. Hillary" vibe to the whole series

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

Holy poo poo, the end of Future Man.

Just chef kisses all around. Go out on loving point. :golfclap:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Aaron Paul's hair is pushing new boundaries with each episode of Westworld.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/E_I_T/status/1247221678712619008

Quibi already looked stupid but this is especially lovely, Everything is Terrible are great.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I can’t wait to eventually watch a compilation of all the new Reno 911 clips in two years on YouTube or something sensical that isn’t Quibi.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I can’t wait to eventually watch a compilation of all the new Reno 911 clips in two years on YouTube or something sensical that isn’t Quibi.

I got 3 months free you probably can too. I've only watched one The Most Dangerous Game and idk I don't care too much.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

T-Mobile is supposed to be giving out access for free if you use their service.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Just a hunch but I don't think the membership fee is what's bothering him.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Rhyno posted:

Aaron Paul's hair is pushing new boundaries with each episode of Westworld.

Westworld is my favorite escapism right now: season 3 is so much fun!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Westworld is my favorite escapism right now: season 3 is so much fun!

Yeah the new season is great. A straight forward story, and they STILL threw in twist I didn't expect in the newest episode :monocle:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

"All Rise" is going to film an entire episode just using webcams and apps like zoom and facetime. I guess Modern Family already did something similar though under different circumstances.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m not entirely sure that strings cover of The Weeknd’s “Wicked Games” in the latest episode won’t end up being Westworld’s defining legacy. It was so good

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that
Tales from the Loop is bad, IMO. An attempt at one of those all-style, no-story shows except the style isn't interesting because (as far as I can tell) they never do anything with the setting or the robots or the cgi Soviet bread trucks that they couldn't do in normal-rear end reality.

Most of the actors suck (especially the kids), the score is somehow both obnoxious and insipid, and it's got a self-serious style that entirely forgoes humor and basic characterization.

Tales from the Loop is an envelope covered in interesting exotic postage stamps. When you open it, you find a blank sheet of paper that smells like the sender farted on it.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I'm still trying to determine if I'm the correct audience for Three Busy Debras or not.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

fart store posted:

Tales from the Loop is bad, IMO. An attempt at one of those all-style, no-story shows except the style isn't interesting because (as far as I can tell) they never do anything with the setting or the robots or the cgi Soviet bread trucks that they couldn't do in normal-rear end reality.

Most of the actors suck (especially the kids), the score is somehow both obnoxious and insipid, and it's got a self-serious style that entirely forgoes humor and basic characterization.

Tales from the Loop is an envelope covered in interesting exotic postage stamps. When you open it, you find a blank sheet of paper that smells like the sender farted on it.
The first episode was kind of interesting but I can easily see how this is how the rest shakes out and with a name like "fart store" you are probably the expert on flatulence logistics.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Two Busy Debras and one Derba.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
8 episodes in and War of the Worlds pulls the dumbest twist possible

I'm done

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

precision posted:

8 episodes in and War of the Worlds pulls the dumbest twist possible

I'm done

spill the beans

is the real alien... man?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

bring back old gbs posted:

spill the beans

apparently so, yes lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
To elaborate:

the whole series, a blind girl has got her sight back and has been saying she somehow "knows how the aliens feel" even though the only thing we've seen so far are metal dogs with organic brains. anyway this girl is like "I have to go to the aliens" and climbs into some wreckage or whatever and the latest episode ends on her coming across a human in a pod with a bunch of tubes coming out of him and he's like "help me" SMASH CUT TO BLACK

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
glad I bailed on it after 3 episodes

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

muscles like this! posted:

Two Busy Debras and one Derba.

She does seem like a Derba.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I about lost it when she was "blending in" with the basketball hoop.

I'm enjoying "Tales from the Loop" but it is no way a bingeable show. It's something you watch an episode of every few days to slow down and take in the atmosphere.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

bring back old gbs posted:

spill the beans

Wasn't this supposed to be the big twist of the Spielberg War of the Worlds but it got changed either very late in production or even via editing after the movie was done?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The OG hamilton cast performed for a little girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oilZ1hNZPRM&t=605s

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

bull3964 posted:

I'm enjoying "Tales from the Loop" but it is no way a bingeable show. It's something you watch an episode of every few days to slow down and take in the atmosphere.

I binged it hoping that it would actually start being more than empty calories and bad writing, the atmosphere is great there just isn’t much more to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
(Day one morning, me (as a mole) walking in the middle of the sunny day, i sat on the ground, looking at the sun rising up the sky, but there’s a female orange and brown mouse wearing a blue and yellow dress named Kelly, her tummy started hurting as she walked)

Me: What’s wrong, Kelly?

Kelly: my tummy hurts!

Me: I know your tummy is uncomfortable.

Kelly: Huh?! (Her tummy grumbles) ooh!

Me: are you okay?

Kelly: Yeah.

Me: *lays on the ground* are you sure?

Kelly: Yeah, my dress is lifting up hardly by itself...

*Then She Sits on My Face*

Me: *Sniffs* *My Eyes closes*

Kelly: *farts on my face for a second*

Me: *my eyes still closed*

Kelly: *rips another fart on my face* oh gosh! Oh gosh! *farts loudly*

Me: *sniffs* oh my gosh! it smells like rotten cheese with stinky rotten stuff.

Kelly: *letting out a loud wet fart*

Me: *sniffs* ooh! Your farts smells good.

Kelly: *sighs* I know *rips a loud sounding fart*

Me: *moves my arms a bit*

Kelly: *she moans as she let out a smelly fart*

Me: *whimpers painfully*

Kelly: *sighs and moans of relief* what a relief.

Me: *coughs*

Kelly: *gets up* thank you for your help

Me: you’re welcome, Mrs. Kelly.

Kelly: *walks away* I hope you enjoy yourself.

Me: okay, bye missy.

Kelly: bye bye, miss mole.

Me: *I waved at her as we are finished*

(i walked to go see my friends at the park when I saw the birds fly high in the sky)

the end.